30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try and get two preorder cards tomorrow and get the coupons. I just doubt they will allow them to be used on the B2G1, seems like asking a whole lot. But no real risk involved so why not try. 

In the end though this might be a better deal for me since I really only want two games not three.

With a quick google search I was able to find out that a koozie is some kind of can cooler. They come in all kinds of colors. Only problem is that this koozie is spelled with a K so either everyone is mispelling koozie or they are talking about something completely different.

I'll try and get two preorder cards tomorrow and get the coupons. I just doubt they will allow them to be used on the B2G1, seems like asking a whole lot. But no real risk involved so why not try.

In the end though this might be a better deal for me since I really only want two games not three.
Based on what's been reported, if you get only two preorder cards, you'll end up with 1 coupon at most, and you might not get it in the first place. I'd get three cards to be safe.

No coupon for me.  I bought two Can Coozies for $0.01.  The man/woman at the register asked if I already had the game, almost didn't sell.

I only did one transaction though

I was able to snag one this morning using pre-order cards, cashier was giving the "this is shady" look but whatevs... :D  I also got the 10% off $100 or more in the mail so now I have a dilemma.  Do I keep my day one edition Uno from Amazon or do I save $50 (total of $46.94 after 10% coupon, red card 5% and tax) and grab one from Target if they have them???  So many ways to handle this, will have to wait and see how the stock is and what the resale of the Day One Uno's are.  I'd hate to just return the Day One edition.

So, you can return the Reserve cards for $1 if you decide you don't want the game?  The only cards I saw were for DR3, Ryse and other X1 games, nothing PS4.

I preordered WatchDog ps3...no coupon
Watchdog ps4...no coupon
Watchdog xone...no coupon
Ryse....no coupon
Dead rising...no coupon

2 differwnt targets, 5 different transactions at front registers

P.S Ghost Ps4 was available to sell for ps4, employee also said they had Killzone, Knack, nba 2k14 in back that will be release on Friday with the ps4 unless they are told otherwise.

I was able to get two today!  I bought 8 coozies at the front registers in 8 transaction (they were not happy with me).  I got one on the first and one on the fifth transaction.

Coozie Clarification:

There are black Call of Duty: Ghosts Coozies on the endcap promotional display in the game department.  The display says you get one free if you buy Call of duty.  However, if you just take them to the front registers you can buy them for $0.01 each. 

LOL it's quite a fun game doing separate transactions and seeing reactions out of cashiers for doing their job.

I'll stop by there this afternoon and see if they have the coozies.

I was able to get two today! I bought 8 coozies at the front registers in 8 transaction (they were not happy with me). I got one on the first and one on the fifth transaction.

Coozie Clarification:

There are black Call of Duty: Ghosts Coozies on the endcap promotional display in the game department. The display says you get one free if you buy Call of duty. However, if you just take them to the front registers you can buy them for $0.01 each.
Wow! That sounds great! Hope there's still some at my local Target! Thanks!

So I have been reading through the thread and read a lot of people getting the coupon... but has anyone used it yet? Just curious about a couple thing:

1. Does it look like it would work on accessories, like Skylander's and Disney Infinity? I'd love to use that to get a couple of Playsets... instead of waiting for Toy's R Us to do a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video game items.

2. I just saw the thread last night and Target was already closed, so I don't have a coupon yet... does it actually look like this could be used with the upcoming buy 2 get 1 free from Target?

btw you cant use the 30% coupon and the preorder cards on the same item, tried last week and it negates the other offer.
hmm... I was going to use the coupon to pick up dead rising and ryse, but if i can't get the 5 dollar gift card as well that may be a problem...

First Target I did one preorder and some groceries, nothing.  Second one I had two of the preorder cards and one of the koozies and a few other random things...koozie triggered the coupon before the preorders were scanned.

At what point is it acceptable for those of us who had no luck to start begging for duplicate coupons from some of the lucky CAGs? I went to Target today and even had my Son buying the Pac Man preorders with no luck. Four transactions no coupon. 

At what point is it acceptable for those of us who had no luck to start begging for duplicate coupons from some of the lucky CAGs? I went to Target today and even had my Son buying the Pac Man preorders with no luck. Four transactions no coupon.
It is not acceptable now that we know 1 cent koozies trigger the coupon :cool:

you can beg all you want but i doubt people have "spares" when they arent easy to get. people have to go out of their way to try random combo of transactions to trigger them.

but hey it doesnt hurt to ask: can someone paypal me $10? 

It is not acceptable now that we know 1 cent koozies trigger the coupon :cool:
Unfortunately my Target had none of them available,we gave the store a good look trying to find them.

you can beg all you want but i doubt people have "spares" when they arent easy to get. people have to go out of their way to try random combo of transactions to trigger them.

but hey it doesnt hurt to ask: can someone paypal me $10?
That's a good point, it has taken considerable time and effort to get the coupons. I can understand not wanting to part with any.

Scored 2 coupons over 6 transactions. 1. PS3 watchdogs card. 2. PS4 watchdogs card = coupon. 3 thru 6 COD coozies one at a time. Got coupon on the 4th.

I got 2 coupons today from buying 5 pre-order cards at 2 different targets. I bought 2 Dead Risings and a Ryse at the target by my school, with 3 separate transactions on a debit card and got the coupon on the third transaction. I returned those 3 cards at the target by my house, for cash back, and used that cash to buy two more cards. Both were Dead Risings. I got it on the second transaction. The earlier coupon i got around 4:00 pm eastern today, and the later one was at 5:47. The employees wouldn't let me buy the COD koozie's because they had them behind the electronics counter and said they're for promotion purposes only. Sorry for so much information, I'm just trying to be specific for those having trouble getting one.

Find a helpful cashier and just tell them you're looking for the coupon. Have them scan the item(s) and if the coupon prints, you're gtg. If it doesn't, ask them to void the transaction and start over. Obviously this is a ymmv and best done when not busy.

And (as already mentioned) don't make the mistake of checking out in the electronics dept. I tried two cards yesterday in electronics and then found out later they don't have the coupon printer. First reservation card today at the front registers printed a 30% coupon. Probably going to try to get one more coupon this weekend, so I will be ready for Xbox One launch.

Thanks for the info everyone!

First Target: Two preorder cards, AC: BF and Watch Dogs....used my Red Card. And the coupon was....for $10 off a breast pump.

(we had a kid three months ago, and apparently even Target noticed my wife's engorged breasts).

Second Target: Dead Rising 3 preorder card and a pack of Skylander trading cards...used my debit card. Success.

Pressed my luck, got another Xbox one preorder card with the Red Card...and nothing.

Good luck, gents.

I just bought 3 preorder cards(Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, and Pac Man). I had them rung up separate transactions and on the third, sure enough, the coupon printed out. Unfortunately, no COD koozies left at my Target. So I now have 1 coupon expires 12/3 to use next week and another with the end of Dec. expiration which I will use for possible future game deals in Dec.

Got one on the first try! I bought 2 cards for PS3/PS4 Watch Dogs and just paid up the extra dollar on the other one even though I didn't need to. I just wanted to see if 2 would print out in the same row but nada. Happy to have gotten one though, I'll probably go back and try a couple more times tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, quick question, can you return preorder cards?

EDIT of EDIT: So I guess you can return them.

I accidently bought 2 preorder cards in same transaction and still got the coupon. Only transaction. Really hoping it stacks with the b2g1. Was checking prices and stock for 3ds games for when it goes live and the prices were meh. Not a big deal if the title is new, but I want games that go for 30 everywhere else and at these prices its not even worth it to use the b2g1 promo. Amazon has it cheaper everyday.

Up to seven transactions over two stores, nothing in Orlando yet. Gonna try another tomorrow, then just pick it up at Best Buy if it comes to it.

I accidently bought 2 preorder cards in same transaction and still got the coupon. Only transaction. Really hoping it stacks with the b2g1. Was checking prices and stock for 3ds games for when it goes live and the prices were meh. Not a big deal if the title is new, but I want games that go for 30 everywhere else and at these prices its not even worth it to use the b2g1 promo. Amazon has it cheaper everyday.
If my math is correct, it'd end up being $18.66 per game right? B2G1 would be $80 for all three. Then 30% coupon makes it $56. 56/3=18.66. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for 3 brand new 3DS games. If I'm wrong can someone tell me now?

Not even sure which games I'd get although I have been eyeing some Vita games. I might try to get a 30% coupon because then I'd be getting $40 games at $20 a piece after tax.

I wonder if this will work at the self checkout. Gonna try getting two pre order cards and see what happens

If my math is correct, it'd end up being $18.66 per game right? B2G1 would be $80 for all three. Then 30% coupon makes it $56. 56/3=18.66. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for 3 brand new 3DS games. If I'm wrong can someone tell me now?
Yeah, thats why I said I hope it stacks. Because amazon et al sell games like mario kart, animal crossing, super mario land, etc for 30 and my local target is selling for 40. I can get those off warehouse deals for like 22 bucks. so like 70 bucks vs b&m target 80

Yeah, thats why I said I hope it stacks. Because amazon et al sell games like mario kart, animal crossing, super mario land, etc for 30 and my local target is selling for 40. I can get those off warehouse deals for like 22 bucks. so like 70 bucks vs b&m target 80
Oh nvm then. Well I'm like you and I hope this stacks! Gonna try to get as many as I can before the B2G1 starts.

Picked up 7 of the coozies. No coupon. Went back for 6 more. No coupon. Tried 5 pre order cards. Got coupon after 3rd or 4th card. Hopefully it stacks with the big next week.

What are COD koozies?
There's a Call of Duty Ghosts display thing and the coozies (the little insulation things you put a can of soda in to help keep it cool) are meant to be gift with purchases. But they will actually ring up at the register for $0.01. And roughly every 4th coozie generates the coupon.

What are COD koozies?
16y1.jpg

I guess it makes sense that they'd be sold out then. I haven't seen them at all in the store. Would they be in the games area? I'm probably just going to do more preorder cards tomorrow to get another coupon.

bread's done
Back