$30 PS3 Tiger Woods 13 Collectors Edition @ Target!

dhaust

CAG Veteran
I went into Target today and found the new Tiger Woods game for PS3 with a $30 clearance sticker on it. So i ask the cashier as I'm buying it what the deal was and he had no clue, so regardless I swooped it up. Anyone else finding this clearance deal?

[quote name='rpghope18']Target at 141 and Clayton. When I left they had one PS3 and one 360 left.[/QUOTE]

Damn I can't make it there til tomorrow. Hope the 360 version is still there.

[quote name='rpghope18']Target at 141 and Clayton. When I left they had one PS3 and one 360 left.[/QUOTE]
Hey! Another St. Louis area CAG!

I grabbed the second to last 360 earlier this morning. Had to make a run from the one on K, to Chesterfield valley and finally to 141 and Clayton to get the 6 copies for my gaming group. Seems maybe all of the St. Louis/St. Charles area stores have a decent shot at this deal.

[quote name='Gennataos']Hey! Another St. Louis area CAG!

I grabbed the second to last 360 earlier this morning. Had to make a run from the one on K, to Chesterfield valley and finally to 141 and Clayton to get the 6 copies for my gaming group. Seems maybe all of the St. Louis/St. Charles area stores have a decent shot at this deal.[/QUOTE]

Lol..

are these the six members of your "gaming group"?

edward Bryan allen yamir and Christoper & Lewis?

They had one 360 copy on clearance at the Target in Rancho Cordova, Ca. I talked to a guy there, he said they are supposed to have 11 copies for PS3 but have not been able to locate them. I guess other people have been asking too because he said that they are looking for them. Might stop there again after I'm off work.

[quote name='GBAstar']Lol..

edward Bryan allen yamir and Christoper & Lewis?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I can't wait to find a copy on St Louis craigslist that someone from his "gaming group" didn't want.

Just scored a pga 13 ce for ps3. price is $34.99 though, not $30. I was confused when I saw the game b/c I was expecting a big box like a regular ce. I don't play ea sports games or golf so I didn't know it would look just like the regular version but with a green master's cover.

Considering that I've NEVER been able to score clearance games at my local target, I'd say you'd have an easier chance getting this than the regular stuff you see in the clearance thread. Thanks to the op for starting this thread.

The first store I went to said it was in stock online, but when I went the employee said they didn't get any. So I HAD to call the next closest store because I wasn't wasting gas. They did confirm it was in stock at clearance price, so I am going there now

[quote name='GBAstar']Lol..

edward Bryan allen yamir and Christoper & Lewis?[/QUOTE]
Hah, nah, I'm not a flipper. None of them will seek out deals like this, so if I wanted to get them playing with me before the eventually $40 deals for the game in a month or two, I figured I should get it for them. I only posted amounts to give folks and indication of what was out there.

[quote name='garrett007']The first store I went to said it was in stock online, but when I went the employee said they didn't get any. So I HAD to call the next closest store because I wasn't wasting gas. They did confirm it was in stock at clearance price, so I am going there now[/QUOTE]

well,I might have to pick this up even though its a golf game:lol:

[quote name='Gennataos']Hah, nah, I'm not a flipper. None of them will seek out deals like this, so if I wanted to get them playing with me before the eventually $40 deals for the game in a month or two, I figured I should get it for them. I only posted amounts to give folks and indication of what was out there.[/QUOTE]

I started a St Louis Blues Fan Country Club, no members yet but me. Just did it to get the achievement really. Game is a huge step back from last year. swing is terrible and putting is horrendous. Also they took out the option for a 3 click swing. The coin system is the usual EA bs too. get so few coins for 18 holes you have to play forever to get anything decent.

I still am playing it but I am really disappointed, especially after how good last years was

Did the ones you guys are picking up have the clearance sticker on them? I saw about 3 for each system in a case. Didn't bother to get them scanned.

Yeah, where are you guys finding them? In the rag-tag clearance shelf section or in the main gaming isle display area?

[quote name='inkcil']Yeah, where are you guys finding them? In the rag-tag clearance shelf section or in the main gaming isle display area?[/QUOTE]

The ones I saw were actually on low shelves on the aisle displays. They were stickered, but I ad to look hard for them.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']The ones I saw were actually on low shelves on the aisle displays. They were stickered, but I ad to look hard for them.[/QUOTE]

Mine were in a glass case where the kinects are kept.

There were 3 ps3 and 1 Xbox copies left at the northgate, WA store as of 2:30pm at the 34.xx price. They were on a lower shelf in the main isle.

Got one at the Springfield PA Target, 1 left on 360 and 1 left one PS3 both marked at $35, they also had an RE Operation Raccoon City SE on PS3 for $35.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Which is better?

PS3 Move version or 360 with Kinect?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the precision is probably better with move but kinect will probably impress more of your friends.

Thinking about going to check my Target for this, but I can't believe my Target would mark it down the week of Masters.

Note, I live in Augusta.

One target had one left and my buddy got it, went to another that had 2 copies but at normal price. Found 4 Resident Evil ORC SE's at $35 a piece though so i'm happy with replacing my standard edition with an SE.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Endcap in main area below $49.99 regular edition. Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]
Same here in San Jose (N 1st Target). Fingers crossed for somewhere else around here.

look for the newer games that face outward towards the walk traffic (Mass Effect, Tiger Woods, etc) and then look below it in the case.

Was torn between 360 and PS3 version since I have TW 12 Special Edition on the PS3 but got the 360. Two PS3 versions left in Waldorf, MD. I almost went to BB to pay 60 for it. Didn't have a clue until I saw it below the regular versions. Had to do a price check just to make sure it was real. How clueless of a company does this after less than a week on the shelves. At least we are the winners to incompetence.

2 copies for each system in York, PA in the glass end cap likes others have seen. I would of bought one but they had the RE for $35 as well so I passed.

Went to both of my Target stores in SoCal and entered the DCPI in the price checker for both versions of Tiger Woods and Resident Evil.

$69.99 each and none were available on the aisles. Shows available in stockroom

[quote name='confoosious']look for the newer games that face outward towards the walk traffic (Mass Effect, Tiger Woods, etc) and then look below it in the case.[/QUOTE]
That's where I found them as well, in the same case with consoles.

[quote name='mrclutch']What extras come with the Collectors Edition?[/QUOTE]
I think just 20 extra courses which one would otherwise have to pay for as DLC or Gold Master them to get them for free.

Picked up the last 5 copies around the southeast Michigan area. Woodhaven, Southland, And Allen Park. This is a nationwide thing I believe.

[quote name='pf316']Picked up the last 5 copies around the southeast Michigan area. Woodhaven, Southland, And Allen Park. This is a nationwide thing I believe.[/QUOTE]

What scumbags these 2 above are...
You are wasting your money here...the reviews are horrible for this game. It will be $29.99 on sale within a few weeks.

[quote name='Violator']What scumbags these 2 above are...
You are wasting your money here...the reviews are horrible for this game. It will be $29.99 on sale within a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. It's ok though, let these pricks pick up five copies of a shitty game and when they try to flip them for big cash, they might end up breaking even. Either way, I think it's a dick move to pick up five copies of a game that there's a deal on. Just get your own and don't be a greedy bitch.

Are you serious? These are gifts for my 2 nephews, my 2 cousins and one for me. I was buying for family. So much negativity on this site with people buying up games on sale. You know how many times I've missed out on deals or had a fam member say, "why didn't you pick one of these up for me." Also, this game is not that bad, they just changed the putting for more feel with the joystick, and the chipping as well. The game is not perfect and no games in the future will be so $35 is a fair price.

[quote name='confoosious']look for the newer games that face outward towards the walk traffic (Mass Effect, Tiger Woods, etc) and then look below it in the case.[/QUOTE]

Yep, went by and that's where it was for me too, but not in a case, on its own shelf below new releases. They had 1 PS3 copy occupying the entire shelf, which is now mine. :D

bread's done
Back