$30 PS3 Tiger Woods 13 Collectors Edition @ Target!

dhaust

CAG Veteran
I went into Target today and found the new Tiger Woods game for PS3 with a $30 clearance sticker on it. So i ask the cashier as I'm buying it what the deal was and he had no clue, so regardless I swooped it up. Anyone else finding this clearance deal?

[quote name='PatelKing']Technically they broke the law. Consumer protection laws state that an item must be sold at the advertised price or the price it scans at, whichever is lower. The only way they can not sell is if there is clear signage stating that the pricing is a mistake or that the item is not for sale. Being that your transaction was in process, they should not have stopped it. I'm not a lawyer by any means but if they tried this on me, it would not have happened. I would've gotten the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am aware, thought about fighting it but I shop there all the time and didn't want to cause an uproar. If it was a game I wanted reeeallly badly I probably would've fought for it, but I bought last years Tiger and I only played it about 3-4 times. That plus my backlog is insane at the moment. Sometimes being a cheapassgamer means spending nothing at all!

Picked up the PS3 version for $34.98, but the 360 rang up 48 and some change. I was really wanting the 360 version so if someone wants to do an even trade just pm me.

Picked up the last PS3 version at the Target in Bridgewater, NJ. They had one copy for 360 left. They were really well hidden away. Not in the usual clearance sections.

i've played several rounds and I am really liking it. The new swing system makes for a different experience from years past. Its way more of a sim and less arcadie. I don't really get Ign's review, this game is no 6.5. My biggest complaint is the load times between holes. I've been playing with my ipad in my lap to pass the time between loading screens. It takes a long time to play 18. While I cannot say I am having as much fun with this as hot shots vita(which is a much much faster experience), its a pretty fun game that actually innovates with its swing mechanic. I don't regret it at all for 35 bucks.

I got a 360 version yesterday for $34.98. They had a few PS3 versions as well. I really had no interest in this game as I haven't bought a TW game in several years, but a buddy of mine bought 13 so I figured I can at at least play with him. He was so pissed to find out I got the CE for $25 less than he paid for the regular edition a week ago.:lol:

I wanted to get the RE:ORC SE as well but the clerk couldn't find it anywhere. The site showed "Limited Stock" at that store where all the other stores in tha area said "Sold Out" but it was nowhere to be found. My guess is that an employee stashed it away somewhere because the clerk told me he had seen it earlier in the day in the same case where the TW CEs were kept.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok guys I made a CC for CAG on the xbox. Send me a pm for the password if you're interested.

Matsui I just sent you a pm[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not great at this game yet but being in a CAG Country Club would be awesome. I'll send you a pm.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']So is this for sure, for sure, not gonna be 35 tomorrow?

I'd love to get BestBuy to pricematch, haha.[/QUOTE]

I went back to the Target where I got mine from and the clearance tags had been removed and there was a store tag listing the regular price beneath them in the case.

son of a twat. I went to one Target and they had zero, this one closed at 11pm, the other target had many copies left closed, but this store closed at 10...I would have gotten there at 1005-1010....didn't want to be that guy walking in as someone was leaving the store because the entrance was locked.

[quote name='daemissary']Anyone have any luck in the Portland OR area? I've tried 3 different stores and come up empty.[/QUOTE]i travel around a lot in the portland metro area daily but have not checked any stores since this deal came up. which stores did you check? just so i don't waste any time.

[quote name='gepet0']Picked one up in largo md they had 2 360s and 1 ps3, thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks fellow DMV Cag'er, got that last 1 for the PS3, 2 left for the 360. :applause:

If anyone is interested I grabbed some copies from target before they changed the price. Pm me if you're interested.

[quote name='pbnate88']Anyone pick up a ps3 version? Will pay[/QUOTE]

Just returned my PS3 edition yesterday. I posted for a few days with no takers.

I went last night with the wife to Target and looked at thier clearance games and most of it was nothing too interesting so I left it. Then this afternoon I went to grab my kids a few of the clearance t-shirts and so I checked the video games for the hell of it and it had been organized and someone had put 2 Tiger 13 CE for PS3 in it so I grabbed one. Got to the register and it rang up at $69.99 but it had the clearance sticker on it so I pointed that out and she adjusted the price to $34.98 and off I went.
I was at the Target in Colerain, Cincinnati. When I left there was still the one PS3 copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a PS3 version (only one) on a clearance end-capper. Rang up full price but I pointed out the sticker to the cashier, she dropped it to $34.

i have a ps3 and 360 version for sale or possible trade. both my friends who wanted them decided to back out. i'd rather share the deal then return. pm me if interested

bread's done
Back