$30 PS3 Tiger Woods 13 Collectors Edition @ Target!

dhaust

CAG Veteran
I went into Target today and found the new Tiger Woods game for PS3 with a $30 clearance sticker on it. So i ask the cashier as I'm buying it what the deal was and he had no clue, so regardless I swooped it up. Anyone else finding this clearance deal?

I only bought one though. I just happened to see that there were 5 360 copies and 4 PS3 copies. Well, 3 now since I bought one.

[quote name='confoosious']while I don't like hoarders, just cause the dude picked up 5 copies doesn't mean you should talk out of your ass.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/tiger-woods-pga-tour-13

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey pig face...you are the one talking out of your ass. On the link you yourself posted look at the actual user reviews on the right side or top center. 5.5 out of 10. That is horrible reviews from people that actually bought and play it. Oink Oink my good man..

[quote name='Violator']Hey pig face...you are the one talking out of your ass. On the link you yourself posted look at the actual user reviews on the right side or top center. 5.5 out of 10. That is horrible reviews from people that actually bought and play it. Oink Oink my good man..[/QUOTE]

yes, because people always trust idiotic users when looking at metacritic. That's what people use metacritic for. :roll: Do you understand what meta critic is?

Did you even look at the user reviews? Look at the distribution of negatives. Look what they wrote...

derrrrr

hey, check out this game that the users gave a 3.2 to. Must be a shite game huh? http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

nah, no trolls on metacritic.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck in San Jose on Capital - No copies of Tiger Woods 13 period. Too much traffic to keep hunting today with the NCAA finals starting!

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Got RE ORC for $37. Probably gonna sell it for a profit and get TW13 though. Thanks op![/QUOTE]

What system? Would you like to trade?

[quote name='ijustw1n']Regardless of reviews, ea sports games don't drop fast. Ie madden 12 now on sale for $49.99!!![/QUOTE]

They sink like a rock in a pond as soon as the next season hits.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Is there a reason why they would clearance the PS3 version and not the 360? I don't normally buy golf games, but I'd like to try it with Kinect.[/QUOTE]

i found ps3 and xbox 360 at my local target for $34.95

Actually, I own this game and its great. The people saying it doesnt explain the new controls are idiots. When you first play it tells you what everything is for and how to use it. AND it has an option in the menu to learn all about the new features in this years game. It is very fun and addicting. A bit more challenging because if you aren't up to your game you start to suck on some events but overall I would buy it. Worth every penny to me. Minus the bogus reviews and people who only play it for 10 minutes.

[quote name='merchie89']i will buy a 360 for 45.[/QUOTE]

is the 360 version better than ps3? i picked up the ps3 version for the move support, but i've noticed most people wanting/buying the 360 version...

I have played this game for over 40 hours and can say with absolute certainty that it is worth $35 for the regular edition, no less the collector's.

[quote name='Violator']Hey pig face...you are the one talking out of your ass. On the link you yourself posted look at the actual user reviews on the right side or top center. 5.5 out of 10. That is horrible reviews from people that actually bought and play it. Oink Oink my good man..[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get past pig face. What kind of insult is that? That shit's hilarious, but not for the intended reasons.

First Target in Vegas that I went to (Maryland & Flamingo) game was scanned and stickered at $50.

Went to another one at Nellis & Charleston and found it for $35. There is one PS3 and 360 version left there.

The Kinect controls aren't that bad. It takes a bit of getting used to, for more precise controls.

Picked up one on PS3 in Chandler, AZ. They had 2 xbox and 4 other for PS3 in the glass endcap (below the sold out reg edition).

I just got off the phone with one of the stores in NW Arkansas and was told that this was a company error and shouldn't have happened. I guess the manager received a corp email this afternoon stating it was a pricing error and that all clearance stickers needed to be pulled ASAP.

To back this up, I called a bunch of stores in the area and all had them priced at $69.99 tonight.

So if you find one then you are pretty lucky.

Just thought I would tell everyone what I found out.

[quote name='Jorrel56']I have played this game for over 40 hours and can say with absolute certainty that it is worth $35 for the regular edition, no less the collector's.[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']Thinking about going to check my Target for this, but I can't believe my Target would mark it down the week of Masters.

Note, I live in Augusta.[/QUOTE]Did you find any? I got mine here in Snellville which is NE of Atlanta. After calling store to store they had 2 for each system. Told them to hold one for me and it was there when I got it. I had a $40 Reward Zone coupon and a $37 GC from BB and I did not even have to use either one. Gonna use them on Blazblue Extend for the Xbox and The Show.

[quote name='Mikeatris']Did you find any? I got mine here in Snellville which is NE of Atlanta. After calling store to store they had 2 for each system. Told them to hold one for me and it was there when I got it. I had a $40 Reward Zone coupon and a $37 GC from BB and I did not even have to use either one. Gonna use them on Blazblue Extend for the Xbox and The Show.[/QUOTE]

Yea I did. I was able to pick one up.

[quote name='Agent 205']I just got off the phone with one of the stores in NW Arkansas and was told that this was a company error and shouldn't have happened. I guess the manager received a corp email this afternoon stating it was a pricing error and that all clearance stickers needed to be pulled ASAP.

To back this up, I called a bunch of stores in the area and all had them priced at $69.99 tonight.

Just thought I would tell everyone what I found out.[/QUOTE]

Wait....you CALLED?????

[quote name='Agent 205']I just got off the phone with one of the stores in NW Arkansas and was told that this was a company error and shouldn't have happened. I guess the manager received a corp email this afternoon stating it was a pricing error and that all clearance stickers needed to be pulled ASAP.

Yeah this won't be alive for much longer. I picked one up at lunch and the guy who rang me up said something along the same line. He said good thing I bought it today because it wouldn't be like this for long.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']Thinking about going to check my Target for this, but I can't believe my Target would mark it down the week of Masters.

Note, I live in Augusta.[/QUOTE]

I see I have a local competitor now. No wonder I usually can't find target clearance anymore...;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']I see I have a local competitor now. No wonder I usually can't find target clearance anymore...;)[/QUOTE]

Hell, there's never anything to begin with. You can keep the Target by best buy and I'll take the one in Evans. :p

had to go to 3 targets, but found one for 35. thanks for the heads up op. I looked up the dcpi or whatever on the machines in store at both other targets and it said they had stock, but the employee's instantly new they didnt have any when I asked where they were-seemed kind of sketchy and I am guessing they put them aside for themselves.

Lakewood, wa Target Has on for the 360 left. I picked up the PS3 version. The clerk said that Resident evil: RC collectors edition was also on clearance for 34.98

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I couldn't get past pig face. What kind of insult is that? That shit's hilarious, but not for the intended reasons.[/QUOTE]

Umm did you see his avatar? That would explain it...

Local Target had the game for 35$, also they had the Resident Evil ORC special edition for 35$ so I grabbed that instead.

glad i picked up a shit ton of them late tonight then..

[quote name='Violator']Umm did you see his avatar? That would explain it...[/QUOTE]

Oh, good insult then. I don't pay attention to avatars.

Hmmm, I don't think I was sarcastic enough. Just to be clear, I'm being incredibly sarcastic about the good insult part.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jbz']Yeah this won't be alive for much longer. I picked one up at lunch and the guy who rang me up said something along the same line. He said good thing I bought it today because it wouldn't be like this for long.[/QUOTE]
The guy working today told md the same thing, he kinda laughed about the price and said he'll probably see a email tomorrow about the error.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The guy working today told md the same thing, he kinda laughed about the price and said he'll probably see a email tomorrow about the error.[/QUOTE]

Yep yep, there was already a message from corporate saying it was marked down in error. I'm pretty sure they meant to clearance last year's version. The price should be fixed tomorrow for what was left.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, good insult then. I don't pay attention to avatars.

Hmmm, I don't think I was sarcastic enough. Just to be clear, I'm being incredibly sarcastic about the good insult part.[/QUOTE]

Hey cheap seats....would you like some more time to ponder/analyze/deconstruct/explain/clarify/revise this??
WTF is wrong with you??
H I S A V A T A R I S A F A C E O F A P I G, S O T H E R E F O R E I S A I D ... (wait for it...wait..wait...) P I G F A C E !!!! OMG!!!...What!!! Oh no he didn't!!! it wasn't really meant to be an insult it was merely descriptive because again...he has the face of a pig as his representative avatar..

Lookin good Meyer....lookin real good

[quote name='ijustw1n']Wait....you CALLED?????[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you might try that next time before running to 3 stores while paying $12/gal for gas. And please don't say that the interwebs would be the way to go because on a fast moving item that is showing full price on the web site would mean the info contained there is outta date.

KIDS!!!!! LMAO

[quote name='havuk']this ^^^[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you might use it next time when the info contained on the web is outta date. You know...it's that little device you are paying $60/month for to look cool.

[quote name='Mikaboshi']nothing at the store in amherst ny :([/QUOTE]

All stores in WNY have been cleared out of them

[quote name='Agent 205']Yeah, you might use it next time when the info contained on the web is outta date. You know...it's that little device you are paying $60/month for to look cool.[/QUOTE]

The point is that if you call and this is an error, you bring attention to the error and ruin the deal.

Lots of dumbasses on this site.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The point is that if you call and this is an error, you bring attention to the error and ruin the deal.

Lots of dumbasses on this site.[/QUOTE]

yeah.. one person calling a couple targets and asking for the price of a game is alerting the entire cooperation that it is an error.. as opposed to the people going out and buying the game at the register, and the register person wont notice that its an error.

Lots of namecallers on this site as well.

As far as ruining a deal, a price error isnt a deal. Its a mistake by a company. I guess if I was selling something and I made an error in pricing, the people knowingly exploiting my mistakes I would think are scumbags.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']yeah.. one person calling a couple targets and asking for the price of a game is alerting the entire cooperation that it is an error.. as opposed to the people going out and buying the game at the register, and the register person wont notice that its an error.

Lots of namecallers on this site as well.

As far as ruining a deal, a price error isnt a deal. Its a mistake by a company. I guess if I was selling something and I made an error in pricing, the people knowingly exploiting my mistakes I would think are scumbags.[/QUOTE]

Think outside the box. It has NOTHING to do with "corporate" finding out and fixing the price. It has EVERYTHING to do with the electronics associate buying it for him/herself or putting it in the back room until the end of their shift

Some people on this site are sooooo green.

[quote name='Agent 205']Yeah, you might try that next time before running to 3 stores while paying $12/gal for gas. And please don't say that the interwebs would be the way to go because on a fast moving item that is showing full price on the web site would mean the info contained there is outta date.

KIDS!!!!! LMAO[/QUOTE]

$12? Are you in Europe? You don't call, ever. Even I, custom title reading "fuel calculating CAG", would not do that. It was obviously an error and reading the posts, virtually Nationwide. The odds were in your favor. Anytime you call, You alert someone to pull the game or hoard it. Just don't call in the future, if only to have respect for other cags in the area.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']Hell, there's never anything to begin with. You can keep the Target by best buy and I'll take the one in Evans. :p[/QUOTE]

That one is actually my stalking ground. I hate the Target/BB we have at the Exchange.

Grabbed the last copy of the 360 version in the Franklin, TN store...there was 1 copy of PS3 left.

The Cool Springs, TN store had a few in the back but were all the normal price.

Thanks

bread's done
Back