$30 PS3 Tiger Woods 13 Collectors Edition @ Target!

dhaust

CAG Veteran
I went into Target today and found the new Tiger Woods game for PS3 with a $30 clearance sticker on it. So i ask the cashier as I'm buying it what the deal was and he had no clue, so regardless I swooped it up. Anyone else finding this clearance deal?

I've checked 3 different Targets in-store so far. My local one (Midland, MI) didn't have the game marked down as of yesterday. My next closest (Saginaw, MI) said they didn't have them in stock on the website, so I didn't even bother going there. On my way to work today, I stopped at the Target in Fenton, MI, and lucked out. Got Raccoon City and TW 13 CE. They definitely still had 2 360 and 1 PS3 version available of Raccoon City, but I don't know about TW. I didn't see it anywhere in the video game area (including the endcap clearance spot), so I asked the electronics guy and he went and found it for me. No idea if they had any more left.

Finally, for kicks (and honest to god to perhaps help any CAGs on here that legit want but couldn't score this deal) I checked the Farmington Hills, MI Target, and couldn't find anything. The website said there was still limited stock of the 360 TW 13 CE, but I didn't ask since I'd already gotten my copies.

Scored the ps3 version at a store that was regular price yesterday. They were moved to the end caps with the other clearance games.

[quote name='Violator']Hey cheap seats....would you like some more time to ponder/analyze/deconstruct/explain/clarify/revise this??
WTF is wrong with you??
H I S A V A T A R I S A F A C E O F A P I G, S O T H E R E F O R E I S A I D ... (wait for it...wait..wait...) P I G F A C E !!!! OMG!!!...What!!! Oh no he didn't!!! it wasn't really meant to be an insult it was merely descriptive because again...he has the face of a pig as his representative avatar..

Lookin good Meyer....lookin real good[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the really large text, it still doesn't excuse the fact that you don't know what metacritic is.

Checked my local store's (South Portland, Maine) on-line inventory this morning and it showed limited available for the 360 and out of stock for the PS3. I had to run there to pick up some Easter stuff anyway so I checked around the video game area and the clearance area and couldn't find one. I gave an employee the DCIN number and he checked and it showed they had one in stock but didn't show the location. He was about to go and look for it when the other employee at the electronics register reached down and put it on the counter. Verified it was $34.98 and bought it. Not sure why it was being stored under the electronics register, but glad I was able to get it at that price. Thanks.

scored a ps3 version for me and my brother at the Target on 65th st in Sacramento. They had more of both, but I'm not sure how many.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']5 x 360 left
2 x PS3 left
$34.95

Ford Rd. store in Canton, MI about 30 minutes before closing tonight.[/QUOTE]

There's now 4 left for the 360. Just picked one up. Thanks for the location info.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']Bought the last one in BR, on millerville road. Siegen lane was sold out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you, I had to drive all the way out to Kenner!

(was going there for the Final 4 anyway)
(also got skate3 for $10)

There were a load left on an end-cap in the Dublin, CA (west side) store when I went yesterday after work - probably 4 PS3, 5 360 copies, all $34.98. Picked up one PS3 copy - thanks OP!

But not all targets are aware just heard of somebody else picking up a ps3 copy. Good luck out there. Hopefully you grab some copies. I'm holding out I can but an extra copy

[quote name='GBAstar']Think outside the box. It has NOTHING to do with "corporate" finding out and fixing the price. It has EVERYTHING to do with the electronics associate buying it for him/herself or putting it in the back room until the end of their shift

Some people on this site are sooooo green.[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER been to a target where the person in charge of video games knew a thing about the games or would have any interest in them. I seriously doubt that this would be a problem.

[quote name='cometcoil']Just got off the phone with target. It was a pricing error and all copies are being pulled and will be for sale tomorrow at full price. Anybody have an extra 360 copy email me [email protected][/QUOTE]

You're right. All the copies that were there yesterday at my local target were still there today, some of them had traces of the clearance sticker still left on from not being fully peeled off.

[quote name='senorchris']There were a load left on an end-cap in the Dublin, CA (west side) store when I went yesterday after work - probably 4 PS3, 5 360 copies, all $34.98. Picked up one PS3 copy - thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Gah, yet none in the south bay!

[quote name='cometcoil']This was the masters edition correct?[/QUOTE]
Correct.

[quote name='cometcoil']This was the masters edition correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct, of anyone doesn't know what the difference is the Master Ed has a code for some DLC courses.

Wow. I have never, EVER had any luck finding any of the reported clearance games at my local Target until now. Picked up the 360 versions of both TW and RE that were marked correctly and rung up like a charm.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow. I have never, EVER had any luck finding any of the reported clearance games at my local Target until now. Picked up the 360 versions of both TW and RE that were marked correctly and rung up like a charm.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you found another copy of the RE CE for 360?

[quote name='Romeo']Any chance you found another copy of the RE CE for 360?[/QUOTE]

It was the last one as far as I could tell. They had one copy left of each TW though (360/PS3).

[quote name='benjamouth']Correct, of anyone doesn't know what the difference is the Master Ed has a code for some DLC courses.[/QUOTE]

I think the DLC actually plays directly from the the disc so not as bad as if it were just a code, but not as good as being able to install them from the disc. This version has a green masters jacket on the cover with a golf club. The regular version has Tiger Woods and another golfer on it. Actually after looking at it the game says "EA Sports Masters Collectors Edition" really large on the cover and then says "Includes Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13" in smaller letters at the bottom.

Really odd, but I just went to a target to look for Resident Evil and the Tiger Woods games are actually marked down to $34.xx right on the shelf tags. No clearance stickers to be found.

I also suggest if you are looking for TW or RE have a good look in the stacks behind the plastic prisons that have the regular versions of the game. That is where I found TW and RE today.

This will be the third time I officially make this statement:

Thank you CAG. Thank you for supplying me with news bits such as this so I can afford one of my hobbies.

[quote name='inkcil']Anyone have any luck in SoCal?[/QUOTE]

south OC here. No copies at Mission Viejo. Irvine Spectrum has the Masters edition, not on clearance. Rings up regular price.

[quote name='brianace']south OC here. No copies at Mission Viejo. Irvine Spectrum has the Masters edition, not on clearance. Rings up regular price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think this error didn't make it to SoCal...

Just got back from my local Target here in NE and as I'm walking up to the Electronic desk the Dept. manager is telling the clerk that they have an e-mail (I assume from corporate) correcting the price. The 3 copies they had of The Masters Collector's edition is behind the counter and the guy is getting ready to remove the clearance stickers with the price of $34.98. I ask if I can buy the copy and the clerk asks the manager and she says sure. So being bold I purchased all 3 copies at the clearance price. If you are interested in this deal I would immediately go to your local Target and see if they have the game at the clearance price. My guess is by tomorrow this deal will not be available as individual stores read the email and remove the clearance stickers.

FYI,

Annapolis, MD Target. Masters Edition of both PS3 and 360. They had 4 PS3s and 5 360's. They also had 2 Operation Racoon City. (is that right? It said like special edition but I never cared for the R.E. series so didn't notice)

This was at 130p EST

[quote name='Jagster']Just got back from my local Target here in NE and as I'm walking up to the Electronic desk the Dept. manager is telling the clerk that they have an e-mail (I assume from corporate) correcting the price. The 3 copies they had of The Masters Collector's edition is behind the counter and the guy is getting ready to remove the clearance stickers with the price of $34.98. I ask if I can buy the copy and the clerk asks the manager and she says sure. So being bold I purchased all 3 copies at the clearance price. If you are interested in this deal I would immediately go to your local Target and see if they have the game at the clearance price. My guess is by tomorrow this deal will not be available as individual stores read the email and remove the clearance stickers.[/QUOTE]

You mean if you're interested, you have 2 copies for sell for face value + shipping, right?

Yeah, I went to a Target in PHX, AZ. The girl in the electronics department was cool and said there was an e-mail from corporate correcting the pricing issue but most people snagged them up before the employees could fix the error. If you find it, you better snatch it up. Good luck!

** Went to another local Target in the PHX area. No 360 CE versions but they had (2) PS3 versions marked down 30% inside the lockup, to $48.98. I wanted the 360 version so I didn't purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up Masters Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $34.98 @ South Windsor,CT Target. There was still 1 copy remaining at the same price for the XBOX 360 as of 2:30pm ET. Thanks OP & good luck to those still searching for this. :)

[quote name='ijustw1n']You mean if you're interested, you have 2 copies for sell for face value + shipping, right?[/QUOTE]

I wish, but I picked the extra copies for my brother and a friends. Felt a little bad in buying all three copies but I had told my brother I would get him a copy so I was bold and the clerk just rang up all three games.

Just got back from the Edgewood store in Atlanta, Georgia where they had approximately 3 Xbox and 3 PS3 all still tagged at 35, and they rang up that way. I didnt buy any as I was hoping to score Resident Evil but thought I would just give the heads up.

Shot down! Had 1 copy of Tiger CE in the cage. Had a kid scan it, came up $34.99. Thought I was home free til another associate came up with the memo in his hand to pull it and sell only for $69.99. I mean, I had already swiped my card. That's how close I was! Plus several copies of RE CE already pulled! Gah!

This was in SLC, btw

[quote name='bbedwards']Shot down! Had 1 copy of Tiger CE in the cage. Had a kid scan it, came up $34.99. Thought I was home free til another associate came up with the memo in his hand to pull it and sell only for $69.99. I mean, I had already swiped my card. That's how close I was! Plus several copies of RE CE already pulled! Gah!

This was in SLC, btw[/QUOTE]

Did they cancel your transaction...?

^ Yes. The kid who intervened wouldn't let the kid ringing me complete it. I was using my debit card and typing in my pin when it went down.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You mean if you're interested, you have 2 copies for sell for face value + shipping, right?[/QUOTE]
I dont mean to sound like a dick, but why would he sell 2 copies for what he paid? They where going to raise the price back to 69.99 if he didnt buy them. his time is worth money, and even if he charged 44.99 plus shipping, thats better than the 69.99 it was going back to. I agree that if they had not been raising the price back to retail it would be selfish to buy all instock copies, But that is Capitalism!

[quote name='tylerp76']I dont mean to sound like a dick, but why would he sell 2 copies for what he paid? They where going to raise the price back to 69.99 if he didnt buy them. his time is worth money, and even if he charged 44.99 plus shipping, thats better than the 69.99 it was going back to. I agree that if they had not been raising the price back to retail it would be selfish to buy all instock copies, But that is Capitalism![/QUOTE]

I was just teasing him. Free to do whatever he wants, good snag. He's got legit folks to give it to. Besides some straggles, this deal might be dead.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I was just teasing him. Free to do whatever he wants, good snag. He's got legit folks to give it to. Besides some straggles, this deal might be dead.[/QUOTE]
Im thinking it is, last night i got the ps3 version, 1 xbox left at my local target. went this am to pick up a copy for the xbox, it was gone, along with the re: ce. They where back in the locked display cases at full price.

Got a copy of the Masters 13 for my ps3 around 3:30 eastern time for $37 and some change after tax. Last copy in my store in Leominster MA. Unfortunately RE: ORC rang up $50, but based on reviews that may actually be a blessing

Dammit haha anyone want to trade me a ps3 version? Was hoping to get on this during the real masters haha may just have to play last years

Just got back from San Jose, CA store on Hillsdale. Got the last XBOX 360 copy but two PS3s still sitting there. They are by the new Star Wars Kinect systems and not with the other clearance games.

I'm not too familiar with the price scanners at Target, but I punched in the DCPI number and it rang up full price and showing stock in the stockroom. Does that mean they already corrected the price at that store, or would I still be able to get this deal if they brought a copy out?

[quote name='bbedwards']Shot down! Had 1 copy of Tiger CE in the cage. Had a kid scan it, came up $34.99. Thought I was home free til another associate came up with the memo in his hand to pull it and sell only for $69.99. I mean, I had already swiped my card. That's how close I was! Plus several copies of RE CE already pulled! Gah!

This was in SLC, btw[/QUOTE]

Technically they broke the law. Consumer protection laws state that an item must be sold at the advertised price or the price it scans at, whichever is lower. The only way they can not sell is if there is clear signage stating that the pricing is a mistake or that the item is not for sale. Being that your transaction was in process, they should not have stopped it. I'm not a lawyer by any means but if they tried this on me, it would not have happened. I would've gotten the game.

bread's done
Back