33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

Hopefully this last to tomorrow morning so i can go through the site more thoroughly. Right now i'm too tired to shop.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']According to DVDTalk, this coupon also works at Spun.com which doesn't charge sales tax.[/QUOTE]

i checked one thing real quick on Spun.com and it was Prince of Persia 2...they have it for $50.98 b/c while wherehouse has it for $29.99 b/c (both new)

[quote name='Randomthts']For those who missed it they have Tales of Symphonia for $19.99 before savings. What are your thoughts on Shining Tears? Is it worth $38.86 shipped?[/QUOTE]

correct me if i'm wrong , but i think this is on clearance at TRU for $10 :)

I posted this deal on FW and immediately a guy replies saying its a bad deal and gives it a negative rating. What a dousche

did i just fuck myself? they give you the option of shipping everything together or as it comes in...i saved $10 by shipping everything together...but, i bought pre-orders that don't come out until december :lol:

please tell me i didn't just fuck myself

Well, I gave in. Bought 12 dvds, averaging about $6.78/dvd, which is damn good. Half of the order is my girls stuff.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [Widescreen] Used DVD 9.99
Never Been Kissed [Widescreen] Used DVD 5.99
She's All That Used DVD 5.99
Bruce Almighty [Widescreen] Used DVD 7.99
Groundhog Day [Special Edition] [Widescreen] Used DVD 9.99
Girl Next Door [Unrated] Used DVD 9.99
Idle Hands [Full Screen] [Widescreen] Used DVD 4.99
Donnie Darko Used DVD 5.99
Walk to Remember [Widescreen] Used DVD 6.99
Clockwork Orange [Widescreen] Used DVD 9.99
SANDLOT / (SEN) Used DVD 5.99
Usual Suspects [Special Edition] Used DVD 9.99
Total Bought: $62.58
Credit Applied: ($0.00)
Shipping and Handling: $13.95
Sales Tax (CA 7.75%): $4.85
Total: $81.38

[quote name='gofishn']I posted this deal on FW and immediately a guy replies saying its a bad deal and gives it a negative rating. What a dousche[/QUOTE]

Don't post it on FW you idiot!

[quote name='gofishn']I posted this deal on FW and immediately a guy replies saying its a bad deal and gives it a negative rating. What a dousche[/QUOTE]

B7

[quote name='aoLat']Don't post it on FW you idiot![/QUOTE]

Idiot? You think nobody on there goes to DVD talk or comes here? Give me a break!

[quote name='gofishn']Idiot? You think nobody on there goes to DVD talk or comes here? Give me a break![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's feeding the beast. No one kills deals faster than those guys.

Why the fuck would you do that??

We've got 6 pages already over here! Don't worry though, they've already begun the threadcrapping. It'll be shoved to the bottom of the pile in minutes, never to be seen again.

[quote name='aoLat']Don't post it on FW you idiot![/QUOTE]

haha.. he's pretty generous though.. he also post it at slickdeal, but it's kinda amazing, the crowd at fatwallet are a harsh one. Also, this thing didn't get into FW all day long until he posted it... i really believe that there are reverse effect on fatwallet site now.. like everyone try not to post anything on it.. so it won't be ruined.. funny.. how i started out with FW and all

p.s. let's all go to FW and vote it down :)

After picking up the two ECW dvds
Items Bought:

ECW: Path of Destruction
Used DVD - Price: $3.33

ECW: Deep Impact

Total Bought: $6.66
Shipping and Handling: $3.95
Total: $10.61

I broke down and bought these as well.

Items Bought:

FMW: King of the Death Match
Used DVD - Price: $4.66

FMW: Total Carnage

FMW: Legend Dawns

FMW: Ring of Torture [Uncensored Version]

FMW: Flying Assassin

FMW: The Enforcer

FMW: Rule the Asylum

Total Bought: $31.29
Shipping and Handling: $8.95
Total: $40.24

[quote name='racthamp']haha.. he's pretty generous though.. he also post it at slickdeal, but it's kinda amazing, the crowd at fatwallet are a harsh one. Also, this thing didn't get into FW all day long until he posted it... i really believe that there are reverse effect on fatwallet site now.. like everyone try not to post anything on it.. so it won't be ruined.. funny.. how i started out with FW and all[/QUOTE]

Dude seriously, its not like anyone has property rights over a damn coupon code. Its out there in the public domain, anyone can see it. Who cares if I share it with others? You've got your order in!

Some big spenders here,

This site has a pretty bad resellerrating from what I see, looks like they are fairly new, I hope they aren't scammers.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']did i just fuck myself? they give you the option of shipping everything together or as it comes in...i saved $10 by shipping everything together...but, i bought pre-orders that don't come out until december :lol:

please tell me i didn't just fuck myself[/QUOTE]

bump

[quote name='Metal Boss']Some big spenders here,

This site has a pretty bad resellerrating from what I see, looks like they are fairly new, I hope they aren't scammers.[/QUOTE]
Wherehouse have been around for a while, they actually were the first chain to agree to put parental advisory stickers on albums, starting with the Dead Kennedys.

[quote name='gofishn']Dude seriously, its not like anyone has property rights over a damn coupon code. Its out there in the public domain, anyone can see it. Who cares if I share it with others? You've got your order in![/QUOTE]

dude.. it's okay.. i think what you did was very generous.. I got my ordered in and mine are preorders for DEC.. and if somehow this is ruin by FW people, i'll be okay with it.. since i save mere $12 total.. but there will be some angry crowd over here... do whatever you wanna do, this is the Internet and information flow almost freely.. , don't get defensive with CAG crowd her they are pretty tight-knit and kinda cool people, from my view at least.. :)

[quote name='Metal Boss']Some big spenders here,

This site has a pretty bad resellerrating from what I see, looks like they are fairly new, I hope they aren't scammers.[/QUOTE]
Wherehouse is owned by TWEC (of FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, etc).

Spun.com is also reputable, if not overpriced. Theres a better selection of games over there right now.

[quote name='gofishn']Dude seriously, its not like anyone has property rights over a damn coupon code. Its out there in the public domain, anyone can see it. Who cares if I share it with others? You've got your order in![/QUOTE]
The only thing gained by posting anything on Fatwallet is making the deal dead. Fortunately, it has a negative rating right now and might just be ignored for a while. DVDtalk is fine, here is fine, slickdeals is ok, but Fatwallet? This deal will be dead faster than it took the Orioles to choke this year.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']did i just fuck myself? they give you the option of shipping everything together or as it comes in...i saved $10 by shipping everything together...but, i bought pre-orders that don't come out until december :lol:

please tell me i didn't just fuck myself[/QUOTE]
Preorders ship separately and do not have an additional shipping charge. Whatever is available now will ship now.

they try and hide the good deals from the non registered members, by lowering the rating.

Seriously, I apologize ok. If the deal does get killed, it was never my intention. I just wanted to share it considering a lot of my friends frequent those other sites but never this one. I highly doubt this will get killed because of that, but if it does, I accept responsibility and I will banish myself from CAG forever. I think most of you guys need to relax, in 10 minutes that post will be so buried in FW's Dell and Woot deals they'll never see it again. Once again, I'm sorry, but don't freak out.

[quote name='dafoomie']Preorders ship separately and do not have an additional shipping charge. Whatever is available now will ship now.[/QUOTE]

I just wish I could find a preorder, they always show add to wish list.

The point is that ppl on FW dont even want this stuff... they just hoard it all to make a ~$5 profit. CAGers actually WANT these dvds/games. Its ok to share... just don't go sharing it with the wrong ppl.... think what would happen if USA started sharing military tech with al qaeda.. :bomb:

[quote name='DarienW']The point is that ppl on FW dont even want this stuff... they just hoard it all to make a ~$5 profit. CAGers actually WANT these dvds/games. Its ok to share... just don't go sharing it with the wrong ppl.... think what would happen if USA started sharing military tech with al qaeda.. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Okay, okay, I get the picture...please see my previous post...I'll head back to FW and delete my post there.

[quote name='stoned99']I just wish I could find a preorder, they always show add to wish list.[/QUOTE]

for games or dvds? i mostly ordered dvds...i'm thinking about making another order of around $350 just to get my future tv show dvds out of the way

[quote name='shrike4242'][/QUOTE]

Spare me please! I tried to mitigate the damages as much as a possibly could! Can I plea out and take some probation time instead of the death penalty?

[quote name='shrike4242'][/QUOTE]

dude.. that's so funny haha..

see I told you so, this crowd is pretty cool.. i browse many deal site and CAG is one of my favourite crowd

Sorry if i am being completely stupid here but when i go to warehouse.com i get a mostly computer related site......is that right? I tried searching for dvds and didn't find anything?

[quote name='xfilekr']Sorry if i am being completely stupid here but when i go to warehouse.com i get a mostly computer related site......is that right? I tried searching for dvds and didn't find anything?[/QUOTE]

It's WHEREhouse.com. Read the topic title. Sheesh...

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']According to DVDTalk, this coupon also works at Spun.com which doesn't charge sales tax.[/QUOTE]

got me pretty excited there, but even though the coupon does work at spun.com, they still charge tax (at least in california).
tax and shipping really does put a damper on the deal. almost makes me want to cancel my order, as after tax and shipping, im not really getting any better a deal on the three box sets than i could at overstock.com. oh well...i needed an excuse to buy them, as ive been wanting them for a while...

i'm not sure how a lot of you aren't finding good deals on this...this is a great deal IMO...maybe its because i'm buying bigger ticket items that result in bigger discounts, but this sale is right there with ddd, if not better....the extra 10% off is taking care of the taxes and s&h

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i'm not sure how a lot of you aren't finding good deals on this...this is a great deal IMO...maybe its because i'm buying bigger ticket items that result in bigger discounts, but this sale is right there with ddd, if not better....the extra 10% off is taking care of the taxes and s&h[/QUOTE]

I hear ya... I went straight for the TV Box Sets, found 5 that I wanted for a long long time, and easily saved over $100 dollars.

DDD's sale wouldn't have put both Family Guy sets at 19.99 a piece, that's for sure.

I seem to like DDD's 20% sale a bit more. Although some of the used prices on these dvds are great. I think I'll just wait for DDD's sale to pick up WWE Anthology and some other dvds I've been meaning to pre-order/get.

I really want to pick up Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, and Ali G S1 & S2 but I won't bite the bullet just as yet. Anyways, thanks OP.

[quote name='Roufuss']Somebody drop a list of good tv box sets that would be worth getting with this deal... I really can't think of anything else that screams must have.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 40 disc Buffy set... 106.66 :D And Muppet Show S1 for $21something... not everyone's cup o' tea though :p

Fast Forward to Monday:

1000's of CAGs bitching when their orders get cancelled and Wherehouse.com offers a 10 percent off coupon for their error. Just kidding...I'm optimistic, but the above scenerio could play out. ;)

He he. I only ordered because I had $338 credit sitting there.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Fast Forward to Monday:

1000's of CAGs bitching when their orders get cancelled and Wherehouse.com offers a 10 percent off coupon for their error. Just kidding...I'm optimistic, but the above scenerio could play out. ;)

He he. I only ordered because I had $338 credit sitting there.[/QUOTE]
Ha. It would be a good and bad. No transaction, but no transaction. I'll wait till tomorrow to think about picking up some additional items. I would have liked the Transformers sets, but they're gone now. But getting 24 Season 1 and 2 might not be too shabby. If you all don't steal them before tomorrow.

bread's done
Back