33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

[quote name='myjester2112']Well I made a big order early Saturday morning and its still in progress. I just received an email from wherehouse.com saying they were having trouble verifying my credit card account. It better not cause my items to be cancelled, since I gave them all the information they asked for initially and it took them 2 days to get ahold of me.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one where they ask for your name and phone#? I got two of those last night at about 11:30 PM (which is weird because I had three orders, so you'd think they'd all have had problems), filled out the information, and got emails at 11 AM this morning thanking me for the additional information, and telling me everything should ship soon. My orders were all placed at about 4 AM-5AM Sunday morning.

Order status currently shows everything except Reno 911 season 1 In Progress. Reno got cancelled.

Simpsons: The Complete Third Season [4 Discs]
Used DVD $19.33 Shipped
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy [Widescre
Used DVD $9.33 Shipped
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack
New Game $1.33 Shipped
Mummy Collection [Widescreen] [2 Discs]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped

All mine shipped

[quote name='iammeiam']Is that the one where they ask for your name and phone#? I got two of those last night at about 11:30 PM (which is weird because I had three orders, so you'd think they'd all have had problems), filled out the information, and got emails at 11 AM this morning thanking me for the additional information, and telling me everything should ship soon. My orders were all placed at about 4 AM-5AM Sunday morning.

Order status currently shows everything except Reno 911 season 1 In Progress. Reno got cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thats the email I got. I put in my order two days before you, so I should be getting me stuff! :). I will very ticked if people after me were able to get the same items, and I can't.

Thanks for the code, I finally got around to ordering The Shield Season 2 as I have season 1 and 3. I got the used version and it ended up costing $28.xx after tax and shipping. Excellent deal if I say so myself.

I found out what the charge on my card was. Apparently when you change CC card info they palce an authorization charge on the card which is then given abck. I suppose this is fine for a CC, but with my debit card I have to wait until my bank stops holding the $12 until I can use it again. It's not a huge deal, but that's $12 that I may not have when I need it. If they put it back on my card, I'll actually make a purchase.

FWIW, I wrote a cordial and thought out email to them regarding my issue and they credited me $2.00 to compensate for me missing out on $1 shipping when I place another order, which actually leaves me very satisfied. Now I just need to decide what I'll get.

I've gotten over half of my shit (the good stuff) cancelled....The other half i considered filler items...This "deal" has turned out to be a disaster....

on the main page of my account it says my order is cancelled, but inside that order it says each dvd shipped. is everyone else getting this? i'm assuming they shipped fine

So did mine. No clue why they decided to cancel Family Guy Season 3 though, that's a real kick in the nuts. Coupon code still works, as well.

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete First Season [2
Used DVD $15.33 Shipped

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Second Season [
Used DVD $15.33 Shipped

Batman, Vol. 2
Used DVD $17.99 Shipped

Family Guy, Vol. 1: Seasons 1 & 2 [4 Discs]
Used DVD $19.33 Shipped

Family Guy, Vol. 2: Season 3 [3 Discs]
Used DVD $19.33 Cancelled

Sweet--just ordered a bunch of new games for like 32 plus tax and shipping. Thanks for the code OP

EDIT--Just out of curiousity, anyone know how long it takes for them to get new games up? I see that they have Burnout, but I was interested in Battalion Wars and X-men Legends 2, which aren't up yet...

I wonder how long they take to accept trade ins. They received my package at 7am today and still I havnt heard anything. They are probably overwhelmed by all these orders

All my things from wherehouse shipped.

Zoolander [Widescreen]
Used DVD $3.99 Shipped
24: Season 2 [7 Discs]
Used DVD $27.33 Shipped
Six Feet Under: The Complete First Season [4 Discs
Used DVD $29.33 Shipped
Six Feet Under: The Complete Second Season [5 Disc
Used DVD $29.33 Shipped
Me, Myself & Irene [Widescreen]
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped

The spun.com items are listed as 'backordered' not cancelled *crosses fingers*
They were both preorders (Far Cry: Instincts Xbox and Arrested Development Season 2). I know there isn't much hope of them shipping considering everyone who has already had theirs cancelled but maybe my order will slip through the cracks?

[quote name='genius33']on the main page of my account it says my order is cancelled, but inside that order it says each dvd shipped. is everyone else getting this? i'm assuming they shipped fine[/QUOTE]

I'm getting this also, except that RE4 is shipped but my other two preorder dvd's are still in progress.

Am I to assume that the preorders are cancelled? Anyone else having this problem with preorders?

hey, anyone who has ordered growlanser deluxe, has yours shipped yet? all my other items have shipped, but that one is still in progess

just received this e-mail:

Hello,

You recently placed an order on Spun.com and attempted to use a coupon
code.

We are sorry to inform you that, as it states on the promotional
materials that contain that code, it is ONLY valid on
http://www.wherehouse.com. It is NOT valid on Spun.com.

If you are still interested in purchasing these products at a discount,
please visit http://www.wherehouse.com and re-place your orders using
the promotional code:

Isc409of

This code is only valid for a limited time, and only on Wherehouse.com,
so please place your order before the offer expires.

To avoid unexpected charges to you, your Spun.com order referenced above
has been cancelled. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to
serving you in the future.

-Spun.com

Anybody ever order any used video games/dvd's from the site before? Do they come with (hard to peel off) stickers?

The one time I ordered a used game from them it came with stickers over the UPC on the case which were difficult to get off of the case and left a horrible residue

Figured as much. Not really worrying about the plastic case since I can easily replace it, but I don't want to buy a box set or DVD with a slipcover only to have stickers all over it. Oh well, worth a shot I guess.

[quote name='Scahom1']Figured as much. Not really worrying about the plastic case since I can easily replace it, but I don't want to buy a box set or DVD with a slipcover only to have stickers all over it. Oh well, worth a shot I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'll be quite um, i guess dissapointed, if my shit comes in that condition.

Kinda pissed right now. First they charge my order twice, for their verification charge or whatever. At first this is fine, I can deal with not having an extra $97 for a few days if I get my items. And now my order is cancelled? And neither my money for the order or the extra fee ($180+!) has been refunded yet?

BLARG!

My order from Spun:

House on Haunted Hill [Widescreen]
Used DVD $2.65 Cancelled

Saw [Special Edition]
Pre-order DVD $13.99 In Progress

Slipknot ~ Iowa
Used CD $3.65 Cancelled

Archer Maclean's Mercury
New Game $28.65 In Progress

Kung Fu Hustle [Widescreen]
New DVD $15.32 In Progress

Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series [3 D
Pre-order DVD $13.99 Cancelled

Memento [Limited Edition] [2 Discs] [Widescreen]
New DVD $15.32 Cancelled

Amelie [2 Discs]
New DVD $9.99 Cancelled

Prince of Persia: Kindred Blades
Pre-order Game $33.99 Cancelled

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
New Game $13.99 Cancelled

Indigo Prophecy
Pre-order Game $27.32 Cancelled

You know, part of me expected this, but nothing pisses me off more when items are cancelled on your order without telling you or giving a reason.

I ordered Metal Slug Advance and a couple of pre-order DVDs from spun.com. So far it is all in progress, but I'm going to be pissed if they cancel it in a couple days, and I can't reorder with the coupon from wherehouse, since these are like the only couple places that have MSA and at a decent price as well.

Futurama Seasons 1-3 shipped. Didn't receive an e-mail notification, however. Still waiting for my Coupling's collection to ship, and that's what I'm really looking forward to. :whistle2:( Please don't cancel it! :pray:

Office: Season One
New DVD $15.32 Cancelled
Fight Club [Special Edition] [2 Discs] [Widescreen
Used DVD $9.99 Cancelled
Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie
Used DVD $5.32 Cancelled
Far Cry: Instincts
Pre-order Game $33.99 Cancelled
Indigo Prophecy
Pre-order Game $27.32 Cancelled

WTF?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']just received this e-mail:

Hello,

You recently placed an order on Spun.com and attempted to use a coupon
code.

We are sorry to inform you that, as it states on the promotional
materials that contain that code, it is ONLY valid on
http://www.wherehouse.com. It is NOT valid on Spun.com.

If you are still interested in purchasing these products at a discount,
please visit http://www.wherehouse.com and re-place your orders using
the promotional code:

Isc409of

This code is only valid for a limited time, and only on Wherehouse.com,
so please place your order before the offer expires.

To avoid unexpected charges to you, your Spun.com order referenced above
has been cancelled. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to
serving you in the future.

-Spun.com[/QUOTE]

You know, when i placed my order at wherehouse.com and used wherehouse credit, in the order confirmation page , it was like "Spun credit applied : 102.01". I just think thats funny that they act like they are so different, but use the same codebase.

Items Bought Price: Status:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [Widescreen]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
Never Been Kissed [Widescreen]
Used DVD $3.99 Shipped
She's All That
Used DVD $3.99 Shipped
Bruce Almighty [Widescreen]
Used DVD $5.33 Shipped
Groundhog Day [Special Edition] [Widescreen]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
Girl Next Door [Unrated]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
Idle Hands [Full Screen] [Widescreen]
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped
Donnie Darko
Used DVD $3.99 Shipped
Walk to Remember [Widescreen]
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
Clockwork Orange [Widescreen]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
SANDLOT / (SEN)
Used DVD $3.99 Shipped
Usual Suspects [Special Edition]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped

Totals:

Purchase Total:
promotion: "33% off your online order of any music, movies & games!"
(already applied to each bought item) $62.58
Shipping & Handling: Standard $13.95
Sales Tax (CA 7.75%): $4.85

Order Total: $81.38

Looks like I'm unlucky.. I wouldn't be sad if they cancelled my order. $80 on movies.. although it was about $6.78 per movie. I feel like a blow money like it's nothing when I spend over $50.. what a cheapass I am.

They haven't charged me yet, though.

I had 6 of 14 items cancelled because wherehouse had to hold my shipment for two days and THEN ask me for my name and phone number which I gave them when I placed my order. So whoever got my items, straight out of my cart, enjoy them. Thank you so much Wherehouse, your the best!

My 2 used games from Spun were cancelled, but my new copy of Makai Kingdom shipped.

Shipped GAME: MAKAI KINGDOM: CHRONICLES OF THE SACRED TOME
New Game $32.65

Order Total Bought: $32.65
Order Total Sold: $0.00 SEE BELOW!!!
Credit Applied: $0.00
Shipping: $2.98
Total: $35.63

$35.63 isn't too bad, compared to $33.74 for EB used.

You can still get Atelier Iris for about $35 new from Wherehouse.

[quote name='psincubus']hey, anyone who has ordered growlanser deluxe, has yours shipped yet? all my other items have shipped, but that one is still in progess[/QUOTE]
My Growlanser Generations was cancelled! :cry:

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
New Game $19.99 Backordered
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
New Game $19.99 Backordered
Lumines
New Game $26.66 Backordered

this is getting stupid. all my spun.com orders were cancelled. This was my wherehouse.com orders. all backordered. does that mean ill be lock in with that price or not?

[quote name='Scahom1']Figured as much. Not really worrying about the plastic case since I can easily replace it, but I don't want to buy a box set or DVD with a slipcover only to have stickers all over it. Oh well, worth a shot I guess.[/QUOTE]
The game I recieved had two stickers that were easy to get off without residue. I guess it depends.

you guys had me getting worried. buuut, my order shipped out early this morning (it says 12:00am but that's probably default) after being ordered LATE on 9/25 (probably midnight).

Everything from my 2 orders at spun.com was cancelled, and I had a $10.18 charge on my credit card from them! If you need to call, they have a voicemail (that they will probably ignore, but call on your cell phone so you have proof you called when disputing with the credit card company if it gets to that) at 866-362-2835.

Whoo! My Couplings Complete Seasons DVD Set and CD's have shipped as of this morning. All that's left are the pre-orders that come out sometime in October/November.

Sorry but I am REALLY late to the party here. I keep hearing how this sale was a "disaster" and everything, so I want to just know what I'm getting into before I start checking out this site. Can I just go to wherehouse.com and pre-order stuff with the code? Oh and I have no idea what Spun.com is, so if that's not an issue for me will I avoid most of the problems I've heard about this sale? I'm about to browse the site but I just wanna see what the horror stories are about first. Has the site pretty much been picked clean by now?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Sorry but I am REALLY late to the party here. I keep hearing how this sale was a "disaster" and everything, so I want to just know what I'm getting into before I start checking out this site. Can I just go to wherehouse.com and pre-order stuff with the code? Oh and I have no idea what Spun.com is, so if that's not an issue for me will I avoid most of the problems I've heard about this sale? I'm about to browse the site but I just wanna see what the horror stories are about first. Has the site pretty much been picked clean by now?[/QUOTE]
It seems that the only issue with wherehouse.com has been some things turning out to be oversold, so some orders are getting backordered/cancelled.

Cool, I may as well try my luck then. I can't believe this works on CDs too, I am gonna go nuts. What's the deal with shipping/sales tax on this site? Oh and I didn't notice a shopping link on the CAG toolbar - any way to give CAG a piece of the action here? I like to help out and shop through the referral links when I can.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Sorry but I am REALLY late to the party here. I keep hearing how this sale was a "disaster" and everything, so I want to just know what I'm getting into before I start checking out this site. Can I just go to wherehouse.com and pre-order stuff with the code? Oh and I have no idea what Spun.com is, so if that's not an issue for me will I avoid most of the problems I've heard about this sale? I'm about to browse the site but I just wanna see what the horror stories are about first. Has the site pretty much been picked clean by now?[/QUOTE]

My pre-orders haven't been cancelled, and the items that should have been in-stock when I ordered have shipped. Guess it depends on how high the demand for the item you want is.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Cool, I may as well try my luck then. I can't believe this works on CDs too, I am gonna go nuts. What's the deal with shipping/sales tax on this site? Oh and I didn't notice a shopping link on the CAG toolbar - any way to give CAG a piece of the action here? I like to help out and shop through the referral links when I can.[/QUOTE]

Having a referral link would be really sweet - considering how much business we've probably brought to Wherehouse.com.

If anything else, we should have a link to DeepDiscountDVD when they have their massive 20% sale later this year.

I'll PM CheapyD about it and give you the credit for the idea.

Dilbert: The Complete Series [4 Discs]
New DVD $26.64 Shipped
Daily Show: Indecision 2004 [3 Discs]
Used DVD $12.66 Cancelled
Stargate SG-1 Season 8 [5 Discs]
Pre-order DVD $29.84 In Progress
Stargate SG-1: Season 7 [5 Discs]
Used DVD $21.99 Shipped
Socialburn ~ Where You Are
Used CD $1.99 Shipped
blink-182 ~ Take off Your Pants and Jacket
Used CD $5.99 Shipped

So 1 has been cancelled, 1 still in progress cause it's on pre-order, and everything else shipped. I guess that's good. But I really want my Stargate Season 8, it better not end up being cancelled when it comes out.

bread's done
Back