$34,368 Raised! - CAG Fund for Child's Play 2013 Charity Raffle - ALL WINNERS POSTED!

Added some more prizes to the OP, including a Skylanders Swap Force starter pack for Xbox One!  Thanks for your generous donations!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
put in my $10

all I can really spare this year :( love the epic raffle

and I love CAG

even though I've decided to stop buying games and try and get my backlog down before FF15 and KH3 comes out

tried sending payment but ended up with this error

there's money (enough) in my account

You must add funds to your PayPal account before sending more money.

Added some more prizes to the OP, including a Skylanders Swap Force starter pack for Xbox One! Thanks for your generous donations!!!
Hey CheapyD,

I was wondering if you can accept bitcoins as a form of donations? I am certain the bitcoin community will be happy to donate to charity.

Tossed in $10. Hoping by before the end of this my uni will process my scholarships on time so that I'm not in school debt for three weeks... therefore if they do, I can donate more! :D

Are these donations tax deductible in the US?
yes they are. I've claimed it every year.
No! These are not tax deductible! This is a raffle. Your donation is as if you are purchasing a ticket to the raffle and therefore you are receiving something. NOT DEDUCTIBLE

If you would like to deduct it, you should donate straight on their website and now through the CAG widget. (that way you do not enter the raffle)

No! These are not tax deductible! This is a raffle. Your donation is as if you are purchasing a ticket to the raffle and therefore you are receiving something. NOT DEDUCTIBLE

If you would like to deduct it, you should donate straight on their website and now through the CAG widget. (that way you do not enter the raffle)
Wot? They are tax deducible, raffle or not.

I was wondering when this would be posted :)

I will be donating as much as I can over the next few weeks as well as games for fellow members. I still have my Vita that I won a couple of years ago, though I don't play it as much as I should :p

Thanks Cheapy!

-J

Wot? They are tax deducible, raffle or not.
See page 7 (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf):

Costs of raffles, bingo, lottery, etc. You cannot deduct as a charitable contribution amounts you pay to buy raffle or lottery tickets or to play bingo or other games of chance. For information on how to report gambling winnings and losses, see Deductions Not Subject to the 2% Limit in Publication 529.

Unfortunately, my job laid-off all of it's employees for 2 weeks so I can't donate $. I will however be happy to put up an Infamous 2 Cole McGrath statue (from the collectors edition) up as a donated prize.

Will put a donation in tomorrow (when I'm at a computer). Keep it up, guys!

EDIT:  Donated today!

I jus donated $20 thru my phone and afterwards realized I wasn't logged into cag at the time.Will I still be entered in the drawing? If not its still a great cause and I dont mind, but it'd be nice to know for future reference. ...

bread's done
Back