$34,368 Raised! - CAG Fund for Child's Play 2013 Charity Raffle - ALL WINNERS POSTED!

Sort of surprised I won nothing. Put a fair bit of money into it. But them's the breaks I guess and it was for a good cause, so all is good. :) Congrats winners!

Congratulations to the winners!  I didn't win anything. I did find out that one of the hospitals being helped is a local one that I would passed by on my way to and from school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skunked for the fourth year in a row, oh wells. :) Congrats to everyone who won something, and to CAG for raising such an awesome amount for a good cause.

Looks like some peeps won more than once though? Seems kind of weird. o_O

Hooray prizes! I swear, it's easy to give when there's video games to win!

Skunked for the fourth year in a row, oh wells. :) Congrats to everyone who won something, and to CAG for raising such an awesome amount for a good cause.

Looks like some peeps won more than once though? Seems kind of weird. o_O
Ryouko - Remember, you get an entry for each $5 donation, so if people are winning multiple things, they likely have a good number of entries in the pool.

This is actually the second time I won Kirby's Epic Yarn in this raffle. The first time I gave it to my nephews, but I guess the gaming gods really want me to play this. I shall oblige. Thanks again!

I think this is the third or fourth year in a row I've donated and haven't won anything. At least the money is going to a good place and will hopefully put a smile on some kid's faces.

I've contacted all the winners who have a PayPal account with no associated CAG accounts.  When I hear back, I will follow up with their respective prize donors.  Still waiting to hear back from a bunch of Amazon winners too.,

I'm wondering if I can pretend that I haven't made up my mind on the Amazon game long enough for Titanfall to hit. 

Seriously, hard decision. 

Wow you guys, this is awesome! That is a seriously huge chunk of change that we raised to help out Child's Play.

To everyone that donated prizes: Thank you!

And thanks too for picking my name... that was a nice surprise to come back to after traveling this past week. :)

I would think this would be more successful if done sooner then this. I know for me being so close to Christmas most of my free money is already spent so I will be unable to donate much. Would be better if started in the begining of November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, but there has been a lot going on around here behind the scenes, especially with cheapy moving back to the states. I can understand if things are running a bit late. Perhaps it should be delegated in the future to a trusted advisor/mod to get started earlier and alleviate some of the end of year pressure.

I actually bought prizes to donate during Black Friday week. If there's no raffle, I need to return them.

Cheapy doesn't seem to care about being involved in the site as much.  This charity drive is not put on any more nor the Cheapy Awards.  I'm half surprised he does the podcast still.

Also if you want to particpate go to Child's Play's site and click on a hospital near where you live on the map.

Can go to the Amazon wish list and you can buy toys and send directly to the hospital.

I spent about $100 on the wish list and everything shipped straight to the Hospital it's pretty cool.

Click here to get to the map: http://childsplaycharity.org/donate

Thanks for the tips, guys.  I bought a bunch of movies and games off one of my hospital's amazon wishlist.  I noticed sometimes they don't keep it up to date.  One hospital had stuff added back in 2013.  So I just went with the hospital that had stuff newly requested this holiday season.

Really wish we could promote Child's Play in the deals sub-forum since that gets all the traffic.  Even without an official cag fundraiser, it'd be nice just to give the website more hits.

While it's too late now, I recommend the Salvation Army angel trees. We do those every year (more now that CAG doesn't do Child's Play).

bread's done
Back