360-Dashboard Subscription Deals: SILVER upgrade to year of GOLD-$36

CURRENT DEALS:

-Upgrade to 1 year of Gold for 40% off or $3/month... $36 says 1 day only...
*for current Silver members with upgrade to Gold

-Buy 12 months, get 2 free months
*for 12 month Gold renewals

-Buy 12 months, get 800ms points free
*for 12 month Gold renewals

.... waiting to see what/why the different Gold renewal offers, current sub length?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Xbox 360 Dashboard offers various deals for LIVE subscriptions that can be highlighted in this thread.

*If you see a dashboard deal, describe your current status when the deal was visible, so others can replicate it. Not all deals show for all membership levels

*All of these deals will turn subscription auto-renew ON!

*The easiest way to turn auto-renew off is to add a prepaid LIVE card. It changes your subscription status from month-month to pre-paid. 1 month, 3 month, and 12 month cards should all work, no word on a 48 hour yet.

*The only other way is to call Microsoft, not online or via the dashboard as of recently

*(you can probably haggle 39.99 or 34.99 on the phone by calling to unsubscribe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVIOUS DEALS:
-12 months for 20% off + free game (Reach, Fable 3, etc)
- Silver upgrade deal

-12 months for $34.99 with 3 month warranty extension
*for current Silver members with upgrade

-12 months for $34.99 (40% off) with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points .
- Silver upgrade deal
- 2 day only? ... (Valentine's special)

-12 months for 39.99 with 2 games
(The Maw & R-Type Dimensions)
*comes up when you are Silver and not currently gold subscribed
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286185

-1 month for $3 with 2 games (The Maw & R-Type Dimensions )
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period

-1 month for $1 with 2 games (The Maw & Aqua) {}
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285402

-A similar $1/1mth w/The Maw but also with Snoopy Flying Ace
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281988

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='funkflexmctough']*To cancel auto-renew, you HAVE TO CALL MICROSOFT! Previously there were other ways, but they changed it recently. Usually 5-15 minutes [/QUOTE]

Man that is shady, that's the kind of scam fly by night operations that do those free offers for an ipad use. Not providing a convenient and easy way to cancel keeps people signed up when they don't intend to.

Okay I clearly get the point you have to call now. But is it confirmed that you cannot cancel from the "real" home of where your Xbox Live service account lives... AKA: https://billing.microsoft.com

I'm not currently subscribed, but I checked and can see all my previous subscriptions under the "Your services" heading at the bottom. Can an active member check theirs and see if possible to cancel from there?

[quote name='Tha Doc']Okay I clearly get the point you have to call now. But is it confirmed that you cannot cancel from the "real" home of where your Xbox Live service account lives... AKA: https://billing.microsoft.com

I'm not currently subscribed, but I checked and can see all my previous subscriptions under the "Your services" heading at the bottom. Can an active member check theirs and see if possible to cancel from there?[/QUOTE]

I logged in and clicked the "How to cancel my account" button on the left bar menu. It sent me to a page that says:
To cancel your online service, you must contact Customer Support for the specific product or service. Depending on the service, you may be able to cancel by e-mail, telephone, or live chat. You cannot cancel prepaid services, such as MSN Hotmail prepaid service.
Below that is a list of services and corresponding links to cancel them. Here's the link they supply for cancelling XBL: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-xbox-live-account-management/default.aspx
:applause:

So, doing as you suggested I clicked on my currently active XBL subscription under "Your services." There's a cancel link there, which shoots you off to this page: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages...x-live-account-management/cancel-account.aspx

Sure enough, if you want to confirm canceling you have to call, surely so they can give you the spiel. Glad I'm not canceling any time soon.

[quote name='bsmiff']So, doing as you suggested I clicked on my currently active XBL subscription under "Your services." There's a cancel link there, which shoots you off to this page: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages...x-live-account-management/cancel-account.aspx

Sure enough, if you want to confirm canceling you have to call, surely so they can give you the spiel. Glad I'm not canceling any time soon.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it.

I've canceled via the web before, or rather turned off auto renew that way from the xbox support account site. But that was a few months back. I just remembered thinking I saw a cancel option at the microsoft billing account awhile back also. As you confirmed, there is but it leads you back to xbox support. Which is asinine.

I am able to find a page where I can turn Automatic Renewal off.

Xbox.com > Accounts > Upgrade/Manage Account

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Flows/ManageSubscription/ChooseSubscription.aspx

On this page, you will see that the word "On" after Automatic Renewal is a link.

Then you have three pages telling you the benefit of keeping auto-renew on. On the fourth page, you have the option to turn it off.

I just did this, and my account now says Auto Renewal is OFF.

So you don't have to call then. Thread derailed. Not renewing is the same as canceling. That mothereffer from Unsolved Mysteries is turning over in his grave.

I asked my gf who is on one of those free 1 month trials what she saw as the promotion on the dashboard and she said it was "$3 for a 1 month extension and the maw and r-type dimensions"

[quote name='Danxx777']I asked my gf who is on one of those free 1 month trials what she saw as the promotion on the dashboard and she said it was "$3 for a 1 month extension and the maw and r-type dimensions"[/QUOTE]

I'll add that to the options, thanks.

[quote name='icarusmight']Isn't there already an Xbox Live thread or is this different deals?[/QUOTE]

Clarified title, sorry.

[quote name='Tha Doc']So you don't have to call then. Thread derailed. Not renewing is the same as canceling. That mothereffer from Unsolved Mysteries is turning over in his grave.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't have to call, the thread would be even more applicable since you could more easily cancel when taking advantage of the $20 in games for $1-$3 on a guest profile

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I am able to find a page where I can turn Automatic Renewal off.

On this page, you will see that the word "On" after Automatic Renewal is a link.

Then you have three pages telling you the benefit of keeping auto-renew on. On the fourth page, you have the option to turn it off.

I just did this, and my account now says Auto Renewal is OFF.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a link for me either. What is(was) your subscription before you turned it off, 1 month? Maybe it only shows for certain subs. You should post a pic

you have to do the auto renewal for the games. If you don't, they won't send you the games because that is how they get you. Otherwise, they will be sending massive amounts of free games that will be a nightmare for the developers of the maw, r-type, and aqua.

They have to scam you someway or another, this method ensures you have renewals at least once before they give you the game. You have to read the fine print on the info panel before you accept.

[quote name='SoulProphet']you have to do the auto renewal for the games. If you don't, they won't send you the games because that is how they get you. Otherwise, they will be sending massive amounts of free games that will be a nightmare for the developers of the maw, r-type, and aqua.[/QUOTE]If you're worried about not getting the games, you can just wait a couple of months for the codes and then disable it. Auto-renewal is opt-out, but not required. The game developers just get a slice of your first year's subscription fee from MS.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I am able to find a page where I can turn Automatic Renewal off.

I just did this, and my account now says Auto Renewal is OFF.[/QUOTE]

Following your instructions Xbox.com > Accounts > Upgrade/Manage Account is how you used to be able to do it. There is no longer a link on that page. You have to call now.

My sub is up on the 15th and I have absolutely none of these offers sadly. I have a one month sub I signed up using a CC and will need to call to cancel auto renewal. XBL is way too much work.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']I've had a "get a 12+1 month sub for $35.99" for about a week or two on my dashboard[/QUOTE]

Are you currently a Silver or Gold Member?

I don't see any of these deals. I'm a Gold Member and my sub expires this month on the 20th. I guess I'll wait so that it'll turn Silver and see if I can get in on one of these deals.

[quote name='xfade']What if I already have one of the 'free' games? Can I be credited for another game?[/QUOTE]

At best you'll get a code you can turn around and sell on eBay. At worst MS will see you've already got that game and not send you a duplicate code for it. I don't think MS will offer you a credit. It couldn't hurt to e-mail them and ask them for an official statement on what they'd end up doing.

[quote name='Socheata']Are you currently a Silver or Gold Member?

I don't see any of these deals. I'm a Gold Member and my sub expires this month on the 20th. I guess I'll wait so that it'll turn Silver and see if I can get in on one of these deals.[/QUOTE]

I am a gold member, I believe my sub runs out later this month... around the 20th or 22nd maybe?

[quote name='funkflexmctough']There isn't a link for me either. What is(was) your subscription before you turned it off, 1 month? Maybe it only shows for certain subs. You should post a pic[/QUOTE]

I have current have a prepaid card expiring in July, but I had renewed for $1 for the first month (and get a free Reach avatar item, which I never got) back in October. After doing that, my auto-renew was set to ON.

I turned off Auto-Renew via the website yesterday, and my account still shows it listed as OFF.

I went through the process again just now, but the link is not longer there. So, either it changed since yesterday, or it only shows up for certain subscription types.

Curiously, I can't remove my CC; I assume it is because of the upcoming renewal tied to it.

[quote name='Socheata']Are you currently a Silver or Gold Member?

I don't see any of these deals. I'm a Gold Member and my sub expires this month on the 20th. I guess I'll wait so that it'll turn Silver and see if I can get in on one of these deals.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I saw. Mine ran out 2/1, and after that the 39.99 + 2 games was then available. I then added a 1 month card, and the next deal I saw was 1 month/$1 no games. I then added a 12 month card, and the deals disappeared again...

It was a guest profile I activated to see the 1 month/$1 + 2 games, so for $1 the games are (will be) on my console to play.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I have current have a prepaid card expiring in July, but I had renewed for $1 for the first month (and get a free Reach avatar item, which I never got) back in October. After doing that, my auto-renew was set to ON.

I turned off Auto-Renew via the website yesterday, and my account still shows it listed as OFF.

I went through the process again just now, but the link is not longer there. So, either it changed since yesterday, or it only shows up for certain subscription types.

Curiously, I can't remove my CC; I assume it is because of the upcoming renewal tied to it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it shows up for old accounts that were started under the previous terms of agreement that enabled online de-activation, and as all the accounts renew, the option becomes un-available...

Can anyone with a Silver account confirm that the above mentioned 40% off deal is still live, and when it expires? About to call and cancel my current sub to get in on it, but don't want to screw myself over. Thanks!

[quote name='bsmiff']Can anyone with a Silver account confirm that the above mentioned 40% off deal is still live, and when it expires? About to call and cancel my current sub to get in on it, but don't want to screw myself over. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I saw it earlier today on my dashboard when I signed in. It says a 2 day special so I would assume that it ends today.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']This may be a new one, but I saw 40% off with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points today.[/QUOTE]

I just renewed a day or so ago with this deal. As soon as my account upgraded to Gold, the dashboard deal updated to 1 month for $1, so I bought that too. Then it went to 12 months for $44.99.

-

Bummer, now that I'm Silver I'm not not seeing any deals for XBL Gold on my dash. At least I've got a 3 month card in reserve if no deals appear soon.

My subscription ended yesterday on 2/14. I called and the guy on the phone was nice enough but he really tried to push that having 4 years of straight xbox live gold was somehow special or whatever. I asked if I got anything for staying with them so long and he said no. lol... he then offered me to renew for 39.99 and I said "Sure, I'd take that if you can give me the Maw and R-type for free" and he said he couldn't do that so I just let it go. Now it's 2/15 and I see no deal on my dashboard. ;_; Oh well, not in a rush to get gold back. I'll hold off for a good deal and see what happens.

[quote name='bsmiff']Can anyone with a Silver account confirm that the above mentioned 40% off deal is still live, and when it expires? About to call and cancel my current sub to get in on it, but don't want to screw myself over. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I just signed up for this so it's still active.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']This may be a new one, but I saw 40% off with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

If any Silver members see new deals, please post here. With the exclusiveness of these deals, it takes all kinds of members to report them!

If any silvers are bumping up to gold I would be very grateful if you would let me refer you. I think that you get something also but not completely sure.

Edit: Looked it up, you will also get 400msp when I refer you.

PM me

I'm silver but not seeing the promo for Aqua and the points. Where would it be on my Dashboard? Under spotlight? Just dropped to silver on Monday, looking to renew with one of these deals.

[quote name='Tonious']I'm silver but not seeing the promo for Aqua and the points. Where would it be on my Dashboard? Under spotlight? Just dropped to silver on Monday, looking to renew with one of these deals.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that deal is dead, as it was a 2-day Valentine's Day deal. It would be under Spotlight. Never showed up for me, but that could be because I dropped to Silver yesterday.

[quote name='bsmiff']Pretty sure that deal is dead, as it was a 2-day Valentine's Day deal. It would be under Spotlight. Never showed up for me, but that could be because I dropped to Silver yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Boo ;_;

These deals are getting to be pretty much nonsense....why increase the price to 60$ then offer all these specials? I feel some of that nice buyers remorse jumping on one deal only to miss out on the next one...i guess microsoft prolly makes more through their digital transactions than they do selling cards at the store so they want to offer incentives...but still it seems a little counterproductive what theyre doing

[quote name='XT14']These deals are getting to be pretty much nonsense....why increase the price to 60$ then offer all these specials?[/QUOTE]
Simply to draw more attention to Xbox Live with continual sales for Silver members. Then if you forget to cancel your auto-renew MS gets another $10 of your money.

-12 months for $34.99 (40% off) with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points .
- Silver upgrade deal
- 2 day only? ...

Can't find this deal anymore :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='buckeyeboy69']-12 months for $34.99 (40% off) with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points .
- Silver upgrade deal
- 2 day only? ...

Can't find this deal anymore :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Mentioned above that it was a Valentine's Day 2-day deal, so I'm assuming that means Feb. 14 & 15. Hold tight and hopefully another similar deal will pop up.

I addressed this a day or two ago in the LIVE Deal of the Week thread, if anyone wants to go check out the comments there about it.

Basically though, I noticed this deal as well and my XBL gold subscription was set to expire within a week. Was pissed that nothing but a flat "25% off" was showing up for me but that this 2 day deal was showing up for all the silver memberships on my console. Called XBL support at about 6am PST Tuesday morning to cancel my account and have it reverted back to silver. Luckily my account was canceled and did revert back to silver almost right away and I managed to get the 40% off, 500 MS points and AQUA game.

However, the deal seemed to be gone yesterday (Tuesday) when I checked around 3pm PST. There is another deal showing up in its place (on the silver memberships) for 40% off the subscription and a 3 month extended warranty on your console, if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back