3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Cool, someone made it in my ignore list that isn't Fire_Thief.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to use that feature yet, I think this technology is a little too much for starmask2k3. Don't worry about the glasses just use the cardboard ones with the red & blue, they work!

[quote name='elessar123']Cool, someone made it in my ignore list that isn't Fire_Thief.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah...the guy did bring about some humor at times didn't he? Everything he posted I thought of B-Rad saying lol.

[quote name='spauldingfan']It may be a long shot, but Amazon has Final Destination 3d up for pre order at $13.99 if anyone is interested.......[/QUOTE]

$31.49 here.

[quote name='skiizim']LoL.... I had to look at at twice and measure it against another BR to make sure it wasn't as long as a dvd case. I swore I was going crazy for a little bit but the thickness through me off.[/QUOTE]

Its thicker than a Criterion BD case (atleast next to my Darjeeling Limited). Baby got back.

[quote name='starmask2k3']why does some Starter Kit come with 1 Blu-ray 3D movie and some Come with 2 or 3 Blu-ray 3D movies[/QUOTE]

I'll try and decipher this -

All CE's use different titles. They switch things up every once and a while. That's why. Panasonic only has 1 movie now, before they had 2 (Ice Age and Coraline). Samsung now has like...5?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its thicker than a Criterion BD case (atleast next to my Darjeeling Limited). Baby got back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a tiny bit thicker than Darjeeling limited. Here is a picture for those of you wondering what was being discussed. Green Hornet 3D, Darjeeling Limited and some random single disc Blu-Ray.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Samsung now has like...5?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure buying the new 2011 glasses nets you Shrek 1-4 and Megamind in 3D... I was almost tempted to buy the set even though I have a Panasonic! (but I still stand by my decision to sell 'Avatar' on eBay... for $100+?... duh... winning!)

Oh, and I'm not surprised about Green Hornet, especially since it seems to have one of those Sony 3D covers (the cover art is an object/objects in the foreground and the Blu-ray case insert is the background) so they seem to have made it thicker to both (possibly) increase that effect and have plenty of breathing room for the extra disc (most, maybe all of their other 3D BD's are 1-disc'ers)

[quote name='spauldingfan']It may be a long shot, but Amazon has Final Destination 3d up for pre order at $13.99 if anyone is interested.......[/QUOTE]

link?

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Yeah, I'm pretty sure buying the new 2011 glasses nets you Shrek 1-4 and Megamind in 3D... I was almost tempted to buy the set even though I have a Panasonic! (but I still stand by my decision to sell 'Avatar' on eBay... for $100+?... duh... winning!)

Oh, and I'm not surprised about Green Hornet, especially since it seems to have one of those Sony 3D covers (the cover art is an object/objects in the foreground and the Blu-ray case insert is the background) so they seem to have made it thicker to both (possibly) increase that effect and have plenty of breathing room for the extra disc (most, maybe all of their other 3D BD's are 1-disc'ers)[/QUOTE]

That's close. The last Samsung pack had Shrek 1-4. The current pack has Shrek 4 (only) and Megamind.

[quote name='bredbu']lol preorder

released in like 2009 wasnt it?[/QUOTE]

This is the new one that is in active shutter 3D. The original release was red and green glasses.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']That's close. The last Samsung pack had Shrek 1-4. The current pack has Shrek 4 (only) and Megamind.[/QUOTE]

What? Not sure where you got your info from. But the current starter pack has Shrek the complete collection and vouchers for Megamind and Shrek 4. So you get all Shreks (1-4), plus Megamind, plus an additional copy of Shrek 4 (that comes with Megamind).

[quote name='GizmoGC']We had 3D TVs in 2009?[/QUOTE]

I know you were making a joke but Mitsubishi has been making 3D ready TVs since 2007 (at least I think there certain models that year were labelled 3D gaming ready or something like that, but they were technically 3D ready TVs I think). It's just the kit which has the adapter that converts the input's 1920x1080 3D signal to 1920x960 3D checkerboard which the Mitsubishi's can display (which BTW to my eyes looks just as good as 1920x1080 3D), and an IR emitter for the glasses didn't come out until June of last year. Also I didn't go this route (I have a 2009 Mitsubishi, the 3D kit, and a PS3 that I'm planning to replace with a stand alone Blu-ray 3D player eventually because the PS3 can only output DTS with 3D Blu-ray discs) but I read that some of the Panasonic Blu-ray 3D players output checkerboard, so you don't need the adapter with that player, but you have to use "DLP Link" glasses (which I read don't work unless it's pitch black in the room, so during daylight hours 3D doesn't work), which don't require an emitter to work, so the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs had at least two methods of becoming 3DTVs, but yeah neither of those were released until 2010.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']I know you were making a joke but Mitsubishi has been making 3D ready TVs since 2007 (at least I think there certain models that year were labelled 3D gaming ready or something like that, but they were technically 3D ready TVs I think). It's just the kit which has the adapter that converts the input's 1920x1080 3D signal to 1920x960 3D checkerboard which the Mitsubishi's can display (which BTW to my eyes looks just as good as 1920x1080 3D), and an IR emitter for the glasses didn't come out until June of last year. Also I didn't go this route (I have a 2009 Mitsubishi, the 3D kit, and a PS3 that I'm planning to replace with a stand alone Blu-ray 3D player eventually because the PS3 can only output DTS with 3D Blu-ray discs) but I read that some of the Panasonic Blu-ray 3D players output checkerboard, so you don't need the adapter with that player, but you have to use "DLP Link" glasses (which I read don't work unless it's pitch black in the room, so during daylight hours 3D doesn't work), which don't require an emitter to work, so the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs had at least two methods of becoming 3DTVs, but yeah neither of those were released until 2010.[/QUOTE]
Some Panasonic 3D blu-ray players do output checkerboard and have dual hdmi outs (like the DMP-BDT350).

You don't have to use DLP link glasses with the above mentioned player, nor do you for any other source on a DLP tv.

And DLP Link glasses work just fine during daytime hours for me.

[quote name='pjb16']Some Panasonic 3D blu-ray players do output checkerboard and have dual hdmi outs (like the DMP-BDT350).

You don't have to use DLP link glasses with the above mentioned player, nor do you for any other source on a DLP tv.

And DLP Link glasses work just fine during daytime hours for me.[/QUOTE]

I screwed up my wording, sorry.

Good to know I'm wrong about the DLP link glasses, I just remember reading somewhere that people who bought them had tons of sync and 'rainbow effect' problems during the day.

With the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs there is no IR emitter built in so if you only have a Mitsubishi 3D ready TV, and a 3D Blu-ray Disc player that outputs checkerboard (like a Panasonic one), as far as I know, you have to use DLP link glasses, since IR glasses won't work without an IR emitter, that's what I meant.

I bought the 3D kit which has the adapter, the IR emitter, and two pairs of IR glasses, but I can't mix IR glasses with DLP link glasses (use them at the same time) because the DLP link ones make you reverse the L-R signal, right?

When the Panasonic Blu-ray Disc players get cheaper (if they even will), I would love to buy one if it can convert DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD to PCM (I have an Onkyo receiver that accepts multichannel PCM, but not the other loss less tracks) and output it on the second HDMI output. But the irony is I don't need the Video HDMI output to output checkerboard since I own the adapter. But yeah I don't know what possessed Panasonic to make 3D Blu-ray Disc players that give me a 3D signal through the first HDMI out for a 2009 Mitsubishi 3D ready TV (which would be good if I didn't own the adapter) and give me a loss less audio signal (that is if it converts everything to PCM) through the second HDMI out for a 2006 Onkyo receiver, but I need to buy one before they change their minds and remove those features in newer models. With my PS3 I can only watch 3D Blu-ray Discs in plain DTS, it just doesn't cut it, especially Tron: Legacy.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']I screwed up my wording, sorry.

Good to know I'm wrong about the DLP link glasses, I just remember reading somewhere that people who bought them had tons of sync and 'rainbow effect' problems during the day.[/QUOTE]

I don't get rainbows or have syncing issues, but the picture certainly looks better when it is darker (doesn't have to be night time, just close the blinds as much as possible). :lol: My understanding is some home lights (can't recall what type) cause the glasses to lose sync because their "flicker" interferes with that given by the dlp-link.

With the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs there is no IR emitter built in so if you only have a Mitsubishi 3D ready TV, and a 3D Blu-ray Disc player that outputs checkerboard (like a Panasonic one), as far as I know, you have to use DLP link glasses, since IR glasses won't work without an IR emitter, that's what I meant.
Correct (I believe). There was no "mitsubishi" IR emitter before 2010 to my knowledge. I actually had a Samsung 3D ready tv before my Mitsubishi, and I think those TVs were in the same boat as far as branded emitters go.
I bought the 3D kit which has the adapter, the IR emitter, and two pairs of IR glasses, but I can't mix IR glasses with DLP link glasses (use them at the same time) because the DLP link ones make you reverse the L-R signal, right?
If you can wear the DLP link glasses upside down they mesh just fine with the IR ones. ;)

(I tried it with xpand102's, it was not too uncomfortable, but nowhere near ideal, and I didn't do it for an extended amount of time. So I don't suggest it.)

When the Panasonic Blu-ray Disc players get cheaper (if they even will), I would love to buy one if it can convert DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD to PCM (I have an Onkyo receiver that accepts multichannel PCM, but not the other loss less tracks) and output it on the second HDMI output. But the irony is I don't need the Video HDMI output to output checkerboard since I own the adapter. But yeah I don't know what possessed Panasonic to make 3D Blu-ray Disc players that give me a 3D signal through the first HDMI out for a 2009 Mitsubishi 3D ready TV (which would be good if I didn't own the adapter) and give me a loss less audio signal (that is if it converts everything to PCM) through the second HDMI out for a 2006 Onkyo receiver, but I need to buy one before they change their minds and remove those features in newer models. With my PS3 I can only watch 3D Blu-ray Discs in plain DTS, it just doesn't cut it, especially Tron: Legacy.
I am pretty sure the DMP-BDT110 (or maybe 210?) models are checkerboard compliant, and much cheaper than the 350 model was. I don't know if it has dual HDMI's though.

I actually just ended up upgrading my Onkyo to a 3008 (newegg has them at a great price on saturdays), rather then continually messing with my older Onkyo (plus the 3008 offers 9.2 as opposed to 7.1). Of course the fiance wasn't too excited about new AVR, speakers, and a sub given the cost (I got a great deal on most of it though, lol). :mrgreen:

Rango was 3D in theaters, right?

http://www.thedigitalbits.com

No mention of a 3D version, my guess is it's going to be another exclusive for Samsung 3DTV's, if they have a contract with Dreamworks, my guess is they have a contract with Paramount, but I might be wrong. Do Dreamworks' movies still get manufactured by Paramount or is it a different company?

[quote name='basketb']What? Not sure where you got your info from. But the current starter pack has Shrek the complete collection and vouchers for Megamind and Shrek 4. So you get all Shreks (1-4), plus Megamind, plus an additional copy of Shrek 4 (that comes with Megamind).[/QUOTE]

That's awesome then. I saw the same question asked on the bluray.com forum and the answer there was you only got the two movies.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']Rango was 3D in theaters, right?

http://www.thedigitalbits.com

No mention of a 3D version, my guess is it's going to be another exclusive for Samsung 3DTV's, if they have a contract with Dreamworks, my guess is they have a contract with Paramount, but I might be wrong. Do Dreamworks' movies still get manufactured by Paramount or is it a different company?[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing yesterday, but actually the movie was not released in 3D, who knew that they made kid's movies these days that are not 3D.

The final destination 3D Blu-ray is coming out in Aug 16th Amazon is taking pre-orders for it.its 30.99 hope its cheaper when it comes out

[quote name='starmask2k3']What no chronicles of Narnia collection bundle like the shrek collection in 3D bundle[/QUOTE]

Well, considering the first two Narnia movies are live action and weren't originally filmed in 3D... the conversion process would be a LOT more expensive and time-consuming than merely programming a second camera (for the other eye) into the rendering system for a digitally animated movie like the 'Shrek's or the first two Toy Story movies.

The other issue with having a 'Narnia' set is the fact that the first two were released/distributed by Disney and the third one is Fox.

[quote name='bredbu']dang that is pricey for such an old movie :([/QUOTE]

its in 3D so 30 is good

I still don't get the whole exclusive thing. If the industry is trying to get 3d into people's households, they should be removing barriers to content, rather than adding them.

I agree with you, It annoys me that if i want monsters vs aliens i have to pay 70 bucks but i can get cloudy with a chance of meatballs for 13.. it makes no sense

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I still don't get the whole exclusive thing. If the industry is trying to get 3d into people's households, they should be removing barriers to content, rather than adding them.[/QUOTE]

The CEs are giving the studios more money then what they would make selling the disc in stores. I see why studios do this, but in the long run, it's only going to hurt them.

The exclusives are just for pushing the brand, yes, it sucks. Unlike video games, the consoles have their own developers, but 3D TVs are not movie makers, duh.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is the bolt 3D only one disc and also how is this is it in 3D[/QUOTE]

vudu has a free preview you can watch i thought.. i cant remember for sure.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is the bolt 3D only one disc and also how is this is it in 3D[/QUOTE]

It depends on which Bolt disc you get. The Sony exclusive is only one disc (3D only, I believe) while the UK version (which is region free, but 3D only) comes with a 2D Blu-ray that is locked to Region B.

I've only seen a bit of Bolt in 3D and it has a good amount of depth and is mostly lacking in any ghosting... it's pretty much a typical early Disney 3D transfer, so it's pretty darn solid, but not exactly the GREATEST that's currently available. I don't know how to get into more specific detail than that.

This is it has very limited 3d in the movie; so much so in fact that they show a green glasses image on screen to give you a warning that a 3d part is coming up and then red glasses show up afterwords to tell you to remove 3d glasses because most of the film isn't in 3d. I'm glad I didn't actually pay for This is it 3d enhanced version or I would be disappointed and unless your able to get it free or dirt cheap I wouldn't bother picking it up solely for it's limited 3d.

Wow. That sucks, the kid likes Bolt and I was hoping to pick it up. Thanks for the info. Are there any other movies we should be watching out for? I'd like to find a list of 2D to 3D conversions to watch out for too. I can deal with the hand drawn ones like Disney.

[quote name='Serpentor']The exclusives are just for pushing the brand, yes, it sucks. Unlike video games, the consoles have their own developers, but 3D TVs are not movie makers, duh.[/QUOTE]

It still seems counterintuitive. If I am Joe Average Consumer and go to Best Buy to get a 3D TV, I may take a look at the blu-ray shelf to see what 3D stuff is out there. Thanks to pack ins, there appears to be much less content than is truly available. JA Consumer may just say screw it, I will just buy a cheaper, regular HDTV since there is not a lot of content and wait for more 3D content.

Manufactuers and studios are shooting themselves in the foot.

[quote name='prayformojo']Not a huge savings but Amazon has Piranha 3D for $23.49 and Resident Evil: afterlife is $23.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Picked up Resident evil to finish off my Blu ray collection of RE

Also, Sanctum comes out soon, amazon has it listed at 29.99 with a msrp of 49.99 (yeah.. right..) I saw the movie in theaters, and while it was good, I wouldnt pay more than 24.99 to add it to my 3d collection.

I'm sorry, I totally misread the question...

I already answered the Bolt part (a little more than was necessary, I guess) but as for "This Is It", yeah, there are only 3 parts of the movie in 3D (video segments for "Earth Song", "Smooth Criminal" and "Thriller") and they're all converted 3D... and not incredibly well-done, either.

It's definitely not a worthwhile title to own on 3D Blu unless you're a HUGE MJ fan.

bread's done
Back