3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='basketb']An extended warranty usually provides two things:
1. a huge profit margin for the insurer.
2. piece of mind for the insured.

If you need the latter, by all means get an extended warranty. However, if you think you need an extended warranty beyond the one year Panasonic provides (for an additional one to three years) because you think your TV might break, you should ask yourself why you purchased that model in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Check your credit card as well. Some credit cards automatically extend the manufactuer's warranty. American Express, for example, doubles the manufacturer's warranty and that may be enough. I just bought a Mitsubishi 3D TV and bought the extended warranty for piece of mind. I had a Sony LCD rear projection that had the bulb "mess up" about a month after I bought it. the warranty took care of it and paid for it self. It has worked fine since. Moral of the story, sometimes warranties are money sinks and sometimes theyare actually good value.

Having had a 52" LCD TV require service outside its factory warranty period, extended warranties on this type of pruchase are one of the few times I'll buy one without a question. Said TV had an issue at 18 months' of life that was diagnosed to require a LCD panel replacement, was called in for service and was subsequently considered to be unrepairable due to cost ($5000 for parts and labor), so I was given 2/3rd of my purchase price towards a new set or the choice of a "comparable" replacement set. I went with the money, bought a better set with the money plus additional money out of pocket and went on with my day. The investment of the extended warranty returned more money than the cost of the warranty, so that was a worthwhile investment.

The issue is with TVs changing yearly or even more frequently than that, and with the attempts at more system integration on TVs, there's less parts as repair/replacement parts. Most of the time when the TV goes out, it's a LCD panel that needs replacement, even if it's just one of the smaller components on the panel assembly. If the panel is still being made, it'll get fixed, and if not, then it may be too expensive to fix. If it's in warranty/extended warranty, you'd either get a replacement set or money towards the purchase price of a set.

Since most 3D sets are in the 42"+ range and carry not-so-cheap pricetags, it's something to think about in regards to how long you're going to hold onto said TV.

Fry's B&M has the following two on sale for $9.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dinosaurs Alive! (Blu3D+Blu)
Grand Canyon Adventure (Blu3D+Blu)
[/FONT]

I have been wanting to build a HTPC for years now and when I do build one now plan on it being for 3d. I know I should be asking this on avsforums but just wondering has anyone used a nVidia card on their tv for 3d? I was wondering if you needed the nVidia glasses or the ones for the TV.

EDIT: nevermind looked it up. If I read correctly you need the glasses from nVidia just for setting up drivers. After that the ones for the TV can be used.

[quote name='basketb']Fry's B&M has the following two on sale for $9.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dinosaurs Alive! (Blu3D+Blu)
Grand Canyon Adventure (Blu3D+Blu)
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

DAMNIT.

Wish I had a Frys near by.

if anyone's in position to test if the new 2011 Samsung glasses work with the 2010 TV's i'd very much appreciate the feedback.

Literature and a call to service seems to indicate 2011 only, but I've read multiple posts online claiming the 2011 glasses respond to both BT & IR emitters.

I'm wondering if I should chase down an MvA or HTTYD kit before they're gone for good.

While I'm at it, anyone have an inkling into Samsung/Dreamworks' plans for the non-current exclusive movies? I get the feeling MvA/HTTYD won't be retail anytime soon.

[quote name='jp2']if anyone's in position to test if the new 2011 Samsung glasses work with the 2010 TV's i'd very much appreciate the feedback.

Literature and a call to service seems to indicate 2011 only, but I've read multiple posts online claiming the 2011 glasses respond to both BT & IR emitters.

I'm wondering if I should chase down an MvA or HTTYD kit before they're gone for good.

While I'm at it, anyone have an inkling into Samsung/Dreamworks' plans for the non-current exclusive movies? I get the feeling MvA/HTTYD won't be retail anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested also....I thought they were NOT though. I would assume AVS Forums might have some info....

EDIT: It appears they are NOT. Some users are reporting they are not working. This sucks and puts a bigger consumer F-UP on the whole 3D thing. Odds of 3D becoming widespread seem to be dwindling.

[quote name='kilik64']I thought it was the 40 for a movie price tag that was keeping it from becoming widespread?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is paying $40 for a 3D blu ray. The lack of compelling content is what is keeping market penetration low, in my opinion. There are more movie becoming available, but they really need to have two to three a month if they want to increase market share. Part of that could come from freeing up these manufacturer exclusives.

Sony is actually doing a good job of putting 3D games out. There looks to be a slow but steady trickle of 3D games starting with Killzone 3, followed by Crysis 2, Socom 4, Mortal Kombat (3D on Playstation 3 only), etc.

Hopefully broadcast 3D will become more prevalent. In the meantime, I am really enjoying my 3D. The pitcure is amazing and the 3D stuff is really nice to have at home.

It would be nice to see them support multiple versions of 3D as well, anaglyph, Trioviz 3D, etc. That way more people could enjoy it or at the very least give it a try. I'm pretty sure the 360/PS3 could do it, it's just a matter of them wanting to. Maybe not with the 3DBR but with the games they could. it really doesn't matter to me, I have 3D already, but it would help with market saturation. It's about getting 3D into as many people's heads as possible and eventually it'll be mainstream. Just "give" it to the elite few and it'll take longer to matter to anyone and that's even if it does in the end.

Thanks doubledown... i think i'll try to find a reasonably priced HTTYD kit.

LOVE the movie, but I hear the glasses in that kit were still a little buggy... so will hope for the best and have them exchanged through Samsung warranty if they're too problematic.

The biggest shame on discontinuing the 2010 IR model is that pricing will remain high without retail outlets pushing stock. Soon they'll only be available as a 'part' from Samsung for full MSRP with no promo blu-ray.

[quote name='jp2']Thanks doubledown... i think i'll try to find a reasonably priced HTTYD kit.

LOVE the movie, but I hear the glasses in that kit were still a little buggy... so will hope for the best and have them exchanged through Samsung warranty if they're too problematic.

The biggest shame on discontinuing the 2010 IR model is that pricing will remain high without retail outlets pushing stock. Soon they'll only be available as a 'part' from Samsung for full MSRP with no promo blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sounds like they have to support IR for 5 years, but after that, who knows. Although, it sounds like there are some good 3rd Party options out there. Anyone try some 3rd Part glasses? I have a Samsung LED 7000 series. I do not really like the glasses that came with my MvA kit. Although, I have a hard time spending $100 on glasses right now considering mine work.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, it sounds like they have to support IR for 5 years, but after that, who knows. Although, it sounds like there are some good 3rd Party options out there. Anyone try some 3rd Part glasses? I have a Samsung LED 7000 series. I do not really like the glasses that came with my MvA kit. Although, I have a hard time spending $100 on glasses right now considering mine work.[/QUOTE]

I have a Mitsusbishi and not a Samsung, but they use the same glasses. I have some of these:

http://www.amazon.com/NXG-Technolog...NR42/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1299684079&sr=8-5

I also have Samsung glasses for the Shrek starter kit, but like the NXG much better. They are more comfortable and lose connection less. Samsung Amazon users seem to give them good reviews.

i hear the 3rd party glasses synch much better, but are a tad heavier and brighter.

Heavier isn't much of an issue with me, but i'm concerned about the "brighter" aspect. I'd probably prefer if they were the only glasses I had, but felt it might yield a color consistency problem when using 2 sets/brands at once.

I'll stick with Samsungs so long as I get HTTYD at a fair price.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, it sounds like they have to support IR for 5 years, but after that, who knows. Although, it sounds like there are some good 3rd Party options out there. Anyone try some 3rd Part glasses? I have a Samsung LED 7000 series. I do not really like the glasses that came with my MvA kit. Although, I have a hard time spending $100 on glasses right now considering mine work.[/QUOTE]

We have the same set.

Hows the ghosting for you? I keep wondering if newer glasses will fix it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']We have the same set.

Hows the ghosting for you? I keep wondering if newer glasses will fix it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I've only used 3D sparingly. I've watched a few movies and a few 3D games and nothing has been horrible in my opinion. Although, I don't realyl have much to compare it to also. I've only seen one 3D movie in the theatre.

I basically got a good deal on my TV/Glasses Kit/BD Player, so that is why I went 3D.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Lol. Think about it, it's Jackass do you really even need it in 3D? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Since it was filmed and intended to be seen in 3D...yes.

Do we really need movies in color? :cool:

[quote name='GizmoGC']Since it was filmed and intended to be seen in 3D...yes.

Do we really need movies in color? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I lol at Jackass in 3D because 90% of the 3D effects are wangs flying towards you, the viewer. So if that's what some of you want, then by all means...:lol:

No we don't need movies, or games for that matter, in color. ie. Night of the Living Dead and Limbo, even the beginning of Dark Sector, which was cool as all hell imo. I've played Condemned: Criminal Origins in black and white anaglyph and liked it as well.

I just find it funny that there's been so much talk of Jackass not being in 3D. Personally it doesn't matter much to me if I watch funny shit in 3D or HD, unless it's CG.

Anyone try to use the built in conversion on any movies? I was going to try it on Jackass 3D, but I forgot to do it. I'm curious if the Samsung built in 3D conversion would give any decent 3D effects.

HA HA, my post got deleted, figured it would (thank you for not banning me), anyway the thing I should be able to post safely still is Jackass 3D was held off on a proper 3D Blu-ray Disc release so Paramount can make money off of offering it up on Pay-Per-View as the only way to watch it currently in Stereoscopic 3D on a 3DTV.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone try to use the built in conversion on any movies? I was going to try it on Jackass 3D, but I forgot to do it. I'm curious if the Samsung built in 3D conversion would give any decent 3D effects.[/QUOTE]

I've used it on Dr Who on my Panasonic. It was pretty spiffy, but it caused me a bit of eye strain.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']HA HA, my post got deleted, figured it would (thank you for not banning me), anyway the thing I should be able to post safely still is Jackass 3D was held off on a proper 3D Blu-ray Disc release so Paramount can make money off of offering it up on Pay-Per-View as the only way to watch it currently in Stereoscopic 3D on a 3DTV.[/QUOTE]

Where is it even offered at though? Usually Comcast has it as PPV (along with PS Store and a few other places).

Not a big deal to me.

I'll try the conversion setting in the TV to see if that works. I suppose the opening scene would be the best to try since they really seemed to shoot that for 3D.

Just wanted to say DirecTV has some nice 3D programming...and it seems to be getting more and more.

I have been DVRing all the shows...its quite nice.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone try to use the built in conversion on any movies? I was going to try it on Jackass 3D, but I forgot to do it. I'm curious if the Samsung built in 3D conversion would give any decent 3D effects.[/QUOTE]

No. Its a crappy gimmick. Bleh.

Just thought I'd mention for anyone who has a PS3 there's a bunch of new shorts in the 3D movie section of the PS Store and they're free. They're mostly "odd artsy type" shorts but I've actually liked a lot of them.

[quote name='Ace!']Just wanted to say DirecTV has some nice 3D programming...and it seems to be getting more and more.

I have been DVRing all the shows...its quite nice.[/QUOTE]

I just wish they'd get their act together about working through a 3D ready home theater receiver. I have all of my playback devices and game systems connected to my TV through a Pioneer Elite SC-37 receiver, with HDMI 1.4. I have three 3D capable devices, a PS3, a Samsung Blu-ray player, and my DirecTV HD DVR. The PS3 and Blu-ray player work fine with 3D material going through the Pioneer, but the DirecTV receiver only detects 1080i/60 Side by Side 3D capability for the SC-37. ESPN 3D programs are in 720p SbS, and 3D pay per view is in 1080p/24 SbS. I have to connect the HDMI cable directly from the DirecTV DVR to the TV, and use a digital optical audio cable for digital audio to the Pioneer. A real pain that many others have also experienced.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I have a Mitsusbishi and not a Samsung, but they use the same glasses. I have some of these:

http://www.amazon.com/NXG-Technolog...NR42/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1299684079&sr=8-5

I also have Samsung glasses for the Shrek starter kit, but like the NXG much better. They are more comfortable and lose connection less. Samsung Amazon users seem to give them good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Anyone tried the NXG glasses with prescription glasses? Do they fit/are they comfortable? I'm thinking of finally jumping in and picking up a pair of glasses to start, but I need something that will fit over my prescription glasses because I don't want to have to put in contacts just to watch TV.

Alternately, has anyone tried the XPAND X103 universal glasses?

Any other glasses recommendations for a Samsung TV?

[quote name='doubledown']3D TRON coming out next week. How was the movie in general?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was great, and this is coming from someone who isn't a die hard fan of the original (But I'll buy the original for $12 next week if the cashier and registers at Target let me - see the Tron coupon thread if you don't know the deal I'm referring to). I can't wait to watch Legacy on my 60" Mitsu in 3D but the thing that REALLY pissed me off is

Digital Flynn's face being shown in the real world, I can have suspension of disbelief for a digital human being character in the Tron world (Clu 2.0), but in the real world they should have just used the digital Flynn's body and back, to keep the suspension of disbelief going, I guess it's a minor thing, but from the trailers they definitely hinted at, 'no we're not going to show digital Flynn's face in the real world, we'll keep him in the shadows, so to speak. We're only going to show Jeff Bridges' digital face for Clu 2.0 in the Tron world', and then they went and did show digital Flynn's face in the real world and that really pissed me off.

/end rant

Just saw the new LG tv that uses glasses like the theaters. The picture looked really good to me. The demo however didn't show off to much of the 3D and well was not the best demo. What little that took advantage of the 3D looked nice. Don't know what all this talk about the passive 3D tvs looking like crap and lowering it from 1080p to 540 or 380 as it looked just like a normal 1080p picture to me.

The sales person also said Samsong will have a glasses free tv out next month. So does anyone know much about it? He said it would be around 4 grand though. I'm thinking come black friday I might actually get me a 3D tv.

Anyways, Avatar 3D is on demand on HBO for Comcast customers. I watched some of it last night, seemed decent. It is Side by Side.

Guys..

I also just got the Panasonic VIERA TC-P50VT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV and it is friggin PHENOMENAL. Costco has it right now for $879 and they have the AVATAR kit for $250. Avatar literally looks better than it did in the theater on this thing.

One thing of note for those who have a 3D tv or are about to get one...as incredible as Avatar and some of these other movies look, you simply WON'T BELIEVE your eyes when you put in Motorstorm Pacific Rift for the PS3 or Avatar The Game for PS3 (or XBOX as well). It is probably the single most visually impressive thing I've ever seen. The 3D is so intense on those 2 games that I could barely catch my breath after the half hour nerdgasm.

Unreal.

I am going to watch Tron today. Tangled was awesome and I have to say a really enjoyable movie.

Added was Gnomeo and Juliet and Sanctum for preorder.

I watched Tron 3d, and the 3d was super unimpressive in the theater. Felt like there was not much depth to it. I still ordered the blu ray maybe it will be better, I figure I can always sell it if its not

Got my shipping notification for Megamind 3-D and Shrek: Forever After from Samsung Friday. Hopefully I'll get them within the next few days.

[quote name='goodnews13']Guys..

I also just got the Panasonic VIERA TC-P50VT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV and it is friggin PHENOMENAL. Costco has it right now for $879 and they have the AVATAR kit for $250. Avatar literally looks better than it did in the theater on this thing.

One thing of note for those who have a 3D tv or are about to get one...as incredible as Avatar and some of these other movies look, you simply WON'T BELIEVE your eyes when you put in Motorstorm Pacific Rift for the PS3 or Avatar The Game for PS3 (or XBOX as well). It is probably the single most visually impressive thing I've ever seen. The 3D is so intense on those 2 games that I could barely catch my breath after the half hour nerdgasm.

Unreal.[/QUOTE]

I played Enslaved and wasn't very impressed by it's use of 3D, not to mention I had to pony up another $10 for it, but Avatar's is incredible, so many options to tweak it to your liking. Enslaved seemed to lack the stereo separation and depth of the Avatar and Motorstorm and there's no way to change it. Killzone's good too, although there's a lot of popup in 3D, more so than in 2D, and the aliasing cam be pretty bad at times. That hurt my eyes more than the 3D. :lol:

[quote name='hollowfreak']I played Enslaved and wasn't very impressed by it's use of 3D, not to mention I had to pony up another $10 for it, but Avatar's is incredible, so many options to tweak it to your liking. Enslaved seemed to lack the stereo separation and depth of the Avatar and Motorstorm and there's no way to change it. Killzone's good too, although there's a lot of popup in 3D, more so than in 2D, and the aliasing cam be pretty bad at times. That hurt my eyes more than the 3D. :lol:[/QUOTE]
The 3D for Enslaved was patched in after the fact and is a bad representation of the technology (it's the worst i've seen so far).

I didn't have any problems with Killzone though, i thought it looked great- but i didn't do any side-by-side comparisions.

I got the enslaved 3d addon as well, it wasnt that great as others have stated. Good thing it came with extra gameplay content or I woulda been pissed.

Tron 3D was my first ever 3d blu ray purchase. I saw the movie in Theatre and wasnt that impressed with the 3d stuff there. Watching it at home on my Panny VT20 though was pretty decent. It looked a lot better than the theatre. I watched part of it in 2d yesterday, its even gorgeous in 2d mode. Its just a pretty movie all around. Great soundtrack as well, cant wait to play it when I FINALLY get my surround sound setup (which could be a long time, plan to spend 1k and we're watching money right now)

If only the movie were actually that good, its kinda light on the story. Visuals and sound are fantastic and should at least be rented if you have a good tv and sound (even my tvs own sound was great)

But yea, overall 3d was pretty good and cool, but think I still prefer to watch movies in 2d. 3d is still just a big gimmick to me. If tron 3d hadnt been 25 bucks for 4 discs, I wouldnt have got it. Still charge too much for 3d content, most 3d sets are like 35 plus which is stupid for a movie. I can get a decent game for around that and spend way more time with it than a movie....

[quote name='kilik64']I got the enslaved 3d addon as well, it wasnt that great as others have stated. Good thing it came with extra gameplay content or I woulda been pissed.

Tron 3D was my first ever 3d blu ray purchase. I saw the movie in Theatre and wasnt that impressed with the 3d stuff there. Watching it at home on my Panny VT20 though was pretty decent. It looked a lot better than the theatre. I watched part of it in 2d yesterday, its even gorgeous in 2d mode. Its just a pretty movie all around. Great soundtrack as well, cant wait to play it when I FINALLY get my surround sound setup (which could be a long time, plan to spend 1k and we're watching money right now)

If only the movie were actually that good, its kinda light on the story. Visuals and sound are fantastic and should at least be rented if you have a good tv and sound (even my tvs own sound was great)

But yea, overall 3d was pretty good and cool, but think I still prefer to watch movies in 2d. 3d is still just a big gimmick to me. If tron 3d hadnt been 25 bucks for 4 discs, I wouldnt have got it. Still charge too much for 3d content, most 3d sets are like 35 plus which is stupid for a movie. I cant get a decent game for around that and spend way more time with it than a movie....[/QUOTE]

You are getting in at a goood time. Most 3D blu rays can be had for $29.99 or less. Drive Angry 3D was up for pre-order at $24.99 and Green Hornet 3D is $29.99. Disney is really leading the charge with good deals on Tron and Tangled. They even dropped the price on Alice in Wonderland. My rule right now is buy at $29.99 or less and wait if it is over $29.99.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']You are getting in at a goood time. Most 3D blu rays can be had for $29.99 or less. Drive Angry 3D was up for pre-order at $24.99 and Green Hornet 3D is $29.99. Disney is really leading the charge with good deals on Tron and Tangled. They even dropped the price on Alice in Wonderland. My rule right now is buy at $29.99 or less and wait if it is over $29.99.[/QUOTE]One rule of thumb I'm been trying to stick to, as I don't have a 3D set yet, is to opt for the 3D combo pack if it's not more than $5 over the non-3D BluRay. Also, the 3D combo packs for some movies have been hard to find at retail post-launch, so it may be something else to drive that purchase.

I think the only one I've been burned on badly is Guardians of Ga'Hoole, which had the non-3D pack drop down to $15.99 quickly after release where the 3D pack hasn't dropped much. Rest of them have held their value between 3D pack and non-3D pack for a while.

It made more sense to pick up the 3D packs close to release than wait until later when they may not be as easy to find.

bread's done
Back