3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a little off the Blu-Ray topic but it is 3D. I just wanted to mention to anyone who has a PS3 that Vudu has a bunch of trailers of upcoming 3D movies they'll be offering. The trailers are, obviously, in 3D and I was going through them this morning. I started with Tangled, and worked my way through Alice, Toy Story 3 and a few others and they were ok but it wasn't until I got to Disney's A Christmas Carol that I was wowed. That movie looks incredible in 3D and I think it might even warrant a purchase.

Anyone thinks it's bullshit that Jackass 3D isn't going to be available in 3D-bluray format? Thats one 3d movie I missed out in theaters thinking I'd just pick it up for my home 3D set.

[quote name='Sk']Anyone thinks it's bullshit that Jackass 3D isn't going to be available in 3D-bluray format? Thats one 3d movie I missed out in theaters thinking I'd just pick it up for my home 3D set.[/QUOTE]

Double dip? Or are we seeing the beginning throes of death of 3D BD format? I haven't seen sales numbers, but I don't know how a few are sitting at my rural Wal-Mart and I expect them to stop doing that.

Also, was it filmed in 3D?

EDIT: word is it was filmed in 3D. That's a shame. Real bad precedent to come out with the red/blue crap instead at this point.

Well, I received "Bolt" And Michael Jackson's "This is it" in 3D. They were shipped to my address on the 15th. Thanks Sony! :D

[quote name='KillerRamen']I hope that the rumors that Jackass 3D will be a Best Buy exclusive are true, but at the same time I don't want to pay $35. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Hmm, thanks for the info, if this is true at least it's available. We'll see...

Oh, PSN got the 3D SI Swimsuit video...

Nice, my Shrek Forever After 3D Blu showed up today from Samsung. Surprisingly, it took less than 2 weeks since I registered for it only.

[quote name='sp00ge']Nice, my Shrek Forever After 3D Blu showed up today from Samsung. Surprisingly, it took less than 2 weeks since I registered for it only.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you, I waited 4 weeks for Sony to send my movies (Bolt & Michael Jackson's This Is It).

[quote name='sp00ge']Nice, my Shrek Forever After 3D Blu showed up today from Samsung. Surprisingly, it took less than 2 weeks since I registered for it only.[/QUOTE]

I had to wait a month for mine. When I registered it it said the upc had been used so I had to call and straighten it out. What's funny is I bought extra glasses with How to Train your Dragon 2 days later and registered that and got it in like 5 days. I'm going to be selling my Shrek 3D collection(don't like em) but not sure where.

Got my Shrek fast too. I think it was only like 5 days after I registered on the website. I wouldn't have minded waiting the 8-10 weeks though....I haven't even watched the first one yet.

[quote name='basketb']
Amazon currently has the Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses for a low $84. (I don't need any glasses right now, but if I did, I'd give these a try.)
[/QUOTE]

Anyone use these with a Samsung TV? I have the LED 7000 series. I really don't like the glasses that came in the bundle w/MvA. They are uncomfortable after a while using

TV will be delivered tomorrow!!!

Have 8 movies waiting for it...

Thinking of going Alice in Wonderland first...

Really want to get Avatar...damn exclusives!

for a low $84

Unfortunately they're up to $97.94 now...

Personally, I think if I buy any more glasses I'm going to get the Avatar set and sell off Avatar. Two pairs of glasses for roughly $150 isn't too bad. They aren't cross-platform compatible, but at least I don't have to deal with inaccurate color reproduction. At least that's what I've heard about these, due to different TV manufacturers using differently colored tints on the lenses...

[quote name='Ace!']
Really want to get Avatar...damn exclusives![/QUOTE]

Hey, if you have about $120 you can easily get a copy of Avatar on eBay. Which is the exact reason that I no longer have my copy of Avatar. ;)

[quote name='thesis88']Good price! Too bad the movie wasn't very good (plot wise) in my opinion, but everything in the movie looked phenomenal in 3D.[/QUOTE]If you have or can get a POP from the DVD pack or the two different BD packs (single BD or 3-disc BD/DVD/DC), there's a $10 rebate off of the 3D combo pack. All you need is the POP from the prior title, the POP from the new 3D combo pack and your receipt. Took about 6 weeks for the rebate to show up.

You could also trade in the original movie you have to Amazon for some money back as well. After the rebate and the trade-in, you should be able to net the 3D combo pack for under $10.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Gulliver's Travels available for preorder[/QUOTE]Looks like it's coming either as DVD or a 3-disc BD set, which I'm assuming will be 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like it's coming either as DVD or a 3-disc BD set, which I'm assuming will be 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC.[/QUOTE]
The link in the OP to amazon shows: Number of discs: 1
So maybe 3D and 2D BD on one disc.

[quote name='basketb']The link in the OP to amazon shows: Number of discs: 1
So maybe 3D and 2D BD on one disc.[/QUOTE]This is what I'm seeing when I searched for "gulliver's travels 2010":

http://www.amazon.com/Gullivers-Travels-Blu-ray-Amanda-Peet/dp/B002ZG97WO

Shows 3 discs in that package, so it's:
3D BD + 2D BD / 2nd BD disc of extras / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD w/o DC

We'll know more closer to release date, obviously.

[quote name='shrike4242']This is what I'm seeing when I searched for "gulliver's travels 2010":

http://www.amazon.com/Gullivers-Travels-Blu-ray-Amanda-Peet/dp/B002ZG97WO

Shows 3 discs in that package, so it's:
3D BD + 2D BD / 2nd BD disc of extras / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD w/o DC

We'll know more closer to release date, obviously.[/QUOTE]

But that listing doesn't say anything about 3D whereas the one linked in the OP at least has 3D in its title.

[quote name='basketb']But that listing doesn't say anything about 3D whereas the one linked in the OP at least has 3D in its title.[/QUOTE]I guess they're doing a stand-alone 3D BD release, as well as a 3-disc release that's 2D.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like it's coming either as DVD or a 3-disc BD set, which I'm assuming will be 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have assumed correctly after all. A guy on ebay lists this as BD3D / BD / DVD / DC and so does blu-ray.com.

I just bought Alice In Wonderland on 3D Blu-ray Disc with no upgrade rebate form inside, do I have to use the "Magic Code" on the movie rewards website to print it out or something? Anyone have a link to a printable version? (That is if the rebate will even work with a 'duplicate')

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']I just bought Alice In Wonderland on 3D Blu-ray Disc with no upgrade rebate form inside, do I have to use the "Magic Code" on the movie rewards website to print it out or something? Anyone have a link to a printable version? (That is if the rebate will even work with a 'duplicate')[/QUOTE]
On the rebate form that was included with mine, it says that you have to submit the original rebate form. I'd call Disney so that they can send you one.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']I just bought Alice In Wonderland on 3D Blu-ray Disc with no upgrade rebate form inside, do I have to use the "Magic Code" on the movie rewards website to print it out or something? Anyone have a link to a printable version? (That is if the rebate will even work with a 'duplicate')[/QUOTE]The $10 upgrade rebate for the 3D combo pack was included inside of my package, and just needed the POP from the prior title (DVD, 1-disc BD or DVD/DC/BD combo), the POP from the new 3D combo pack and the receipt of the 3D combo pack purchase.

The POP tabs are on the back area of the cover art, which you'll need to remove from under the clear plastic cover.

[quote name='basketb']I think you may have assumed correctly after all. A guy on ebay lists this as BD3D / BD / DVD / DC and so does blu-ray.com.[/QUOTE]Amazon lists only the combo pack as the other available version from the DVD version and they're usually right about that.

I ordered the new Samsung 3D glasses bundle from Buy.com for $180. I'm going to redeem the coupons for Shrek 4 and Megamind, then sell the glasses and the Shrek collection, as I already have a copy, and keep Megamind. Should be able to at least get what I paid for the bundle from the glasses and Shrek, and get Megamind 3D free, or at very little cost. It'll be cheaper than paying for a copy from eBay.

[quote name='basketb']What's buy.com's track record of actually shipping these?[/QUOTE]

Shipped yesterday, if UPS delivers on time, I should have it by tomorrow. It's now sold out delivered from Buy.com, they have it from Onecall.com, but their price is $499.

Is anyone else using Playstation Media Server to serve 3D content to the Ps3?

I didn't think my Dual Core laptop (about three years old) would be able to handle it, but with my laptop and Ps3 hooked up via Cat-5 cables, I can serve a movie on the laptop and watch it on the Ps3 in 3D with no skipping. Unfortunately, no fast forwarding or rewinding, either... but it's a cool alternate method of viewing 3D content.

Killzone 3D is amazing, also. Fantastic job!

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if he'll change his mind about not doing The Dark Knight Rises in 3D too.[/QUOTE]

Man those people with the comments are nuts. NUTS. Im excited to see inception come out in 3d. Why is everyone on the internet a buch of mind bungling idiots sometimes. They all say, NO ITS RUINED NOEZZZZ. They will buy it anyway.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Man those people with the comments are nuts. NUTS. Im excited to see inception come out in 3d. Why is everyone on the internet a buch of mind bungling idiots sometimes. They all say, NO ITS RUINED NOEZZZZ. They will buy it anyway.[/QUOTE]
As some people try to point out over there, if you don't want to watch 3D, it's obviously already in 2D so enjoy that.
That forum is full of 3d haters. it's like they think all 2d movies are being replaced by 3d... i have yet to see a 3D exclusive movie.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Unfortunately they're up to $97.94 now...

Personally, I think if I buy any more glasses I'm going to get the Avatar set and sell off Avatar. Two pairs of glasses for roughly $150 isn't too bad. They aren't cross-platform compatible, but at least I don't have to deal with inaccurate color reproduction. At least that's what I've heard about these, due to different TV manufacturers using differently colored tints on the lenses...[/QUOTE]

I've read there are no issues with these glasses as you have to "sync" up the frequency and actually changes the tint on the glasses a bit to match the output of the TV brand. But once again AVS can be an ache to read threw lol.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5927
Inception is being converted to 3D.[/QUOTE]Not by Nolan or the other creators of the film:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5944

It's a studio cash-grab, so I don't expect it to be a good thing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if he'll change his mind about not doing The Dark Knight Rises in 3D too.[/QUOTE]From the link I posted above, I don't think he will.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']As some people try to point out over there, if you don't want to watch 3D, it's obviously already in 2D so enjoy that.
That forum is full of 3d haters. it's like they think all 2d movies are being replaced by 3d... i have yet to see a 3D exclusive movie.[/QUOTE]The people who don't like the 3D in movies are the ones who don't see the benefit of it. Some movies made the 3D addition pointless, such as The Last Airbender and Clash Of The Titans, while others, it was a nice add-on, such as Avatar.

If they do it right, it's worth seeing the movie in 3D. If it's a cash-grab or doesn't make the 3D that worthwhile, it's not going to be a good idea.

[quote name='bburpee']Is anyone else using Playstation Media Server to serve 3D content to the Ps3?[/QUOTE]

I've never used the Media Server, what format is the 3D in and what's the process?

[quote name='bburpee']Killzone 3D is amazing, also. Fantastic job![/QUOTE]

It's good I'll give it that, I'm playing it in 3D w/ Move, but at times it's really hard on the eyes. The aliasing is horrible being at such a low resolution lines just flicker on and off, then there's the LOD pop ups, and finally there's the lighting issues, where you're walking towards an area, say a cave, and it's fully bright and when you get to it it just "snaps" to a dark yet properly lit area.

Anyway, I had a question about these 3D Blu-Rays. Are they in actual 1080p, I mean to each eye? Games like Killzone, even though it's displayed in 1080p, are far from it.

[quote name='mcdaking84']MY dad just bought this tv, I'm trying to find him a good price on glasses

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P50GT25-50-inch-Plasma/dp/B0040Q93PI/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0

if you buy a panasonic tv do you get a discount or something on the starter kit?[/QUOTE]

No, but the Avatar kit goes on sale for $230 on Amazon all the time, so that's an option (a hell of a lot better than the $400 MSRP). You can also find the new style medium glasses on ebay for less than a hundred bucks and I've seen the old style glasses sold on Amazon for less than $100 too (I think they've hit $90 before... I don't remember). I can't speak for the quality of the 3rd party options because I've only used the Panasonic glasses.

I have the 42 inch version of that TV and it's awesome! I've really been enjoying the internet stuff a whole lot more than I thought I would. :bouncy:

that's good to hear. It looks awesome, I'm just happy they bought it so I can try it out and eventually buy myself one later this year. I got some promotional credit by telling them about a lower price so I bought them the avatar kit for about $200

Would you recommend getting a warranty on the tv?

[quote name='mcdaking84']...
Would you recommend getting a warranty on the tv?[/QUOTE]

An extended warranty usually provides two things:
1. a huge profit margin for the insurer.
2. piece of mind for the insured.

If you need the latter, by all means get an extended warranty. However, if you think you need an extended warranty beyond the one year Panasonic provides (for an additional one to three years) because you think your TV might break, you should ask yourself why you purchased that model in the first place.

bread's done
Back