3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AngellicLulu']Bad news: Panasonic holds rights to Avatar until Feb... 2012. Yep 2012. Not a typo.[/QUOTE]I heard it was until the end of the year, so I guess I was off a couple of months. It's going for $300+ on Amazon right now, probably the same on eBay.

Thanks for pointing me to the right forum mod, I can't search at work, sorry...

I joined the 3D family with the purchase of the Toshiba bundle from Amazon. Even though I had to pay taxes, $1400 shipped with glasses, BD player and 46" LED TV, I think it's pretty darn good.

Anyhow, there's so much to do! I still need to play CoD:BO in 3D first :) Then the Sly Collection... Oh, I hate the exclusives :whistle2:( I didn't know the movies are exclusives... This sucks!

Question:

This Coraline deal, it says 3D, but it's not the 3D 3D, is it? It's one of those green/red glasses thing right?
http://www.amazon.com/Coraline-Two-...JU/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1292519709&sr=8-28

Well, Amazon's description saying:
Please note:This 3D disc requires red-and-blue 3D glasses and will play on non-3D enabled electronics. You do not need a 3D TV or 3D Blu-ray player to view this disc. To learn more about 3D technology, please visit 3D 101. This item may not arrive with the product sleeve as pictured.

[quote name='Serpentor']Question:

This Coraline deal, it says 3D, but it's not the 3D 3D, is it? It's one of those green/red glasses thing right?
http://www.amazon.com/Coraline-Two-...JU/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1292519709&sr=8-28

Well, Amazon's description saying:
Please note:This 3D disc requires red-and-blue 3D glasses and will play on non-3D enabled electronics. You do not need a 3D TV or 3D Blu-ray player to view this disc. To learn more about 3D technology, please visit 3D 101. This item may not arrive with the product sleeve as pictured.[/QUOTE]That is the red/blue 3D glasses version, yes, so works on any TV.

There is a 3D version that was a Panasonic-exclusive release, though that ended a couple of months ago. The retail version is coming out on 01/04/10 as a 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC release:

http://www.amazon.com/Coraline-Blu-ray-3D/dp/B004BLTNJI/

Ah thanks! I thought so... for $15, it's too good to be true :lol: Then the real 3D release is $34.99, ouch :whistle2:( I know it still beats a family of four going to the theater...

Another question:

I noticed that the Samsung 3D TVs can convert 2D to 3D, is that any good? I mean that defeats the purpose of 3D Blu-rays right? Why would anyone wants to pay extra for 3D movies when the TV can convert 2D to 3D...

[quote name='Serpentor']I noticed that the Samsung 3D TVs can convert 2D to 3D, is that any good? I mean that defeats the purpose of 3D Blu-rays right? Why would anyone wants to pay extra for 3D movies when the TV can convert 2D to 3D...[/QUOTE]

I have not seen Samsung's specific implementation, but if you've been following things they basically have been converting 2D to 3D in the theaters on many releases and the results haven't been the best--same thing here only worse because the conversion is done on the fly.

At least using PC software (Arcsoft) that does the conversion it was pretty bad.

Probably depends on the source.

Anyone think that the 3DS technology will eventually be used for 3D TVs in the home so no glasses are required? I'm definitely not getting a 3D TV until the major networks start pushing 3D channels. There's just not enough content and I don't want to get burned. I did try it out in a BJs though - very cool tech.

[quote name='Serpentor']I noticed that the Samsung 3D TVs can convert 2D to 3D, is that any good? I mean that defeats the purpose of 3D Blu-rays right? Why would anyone wants to pay extra for 3D movies when the TV can convert 2D to 3D...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='turls']I have not seen Samsung's specific implementation, but if you've been following things they basically have been converting 2D to 3D in the theaters on many releases and the results haven't been the best--same thing here only worse because the conversion is done on the fly.[/QUOTE]

I have the Samsung 58" 3D Plasma series PN58C8000 and love the 2D to 3D conversion. Works on any input including video games.

I played MGS4 and it felt like actually looking around corners. You can adjust the depth, it's not as defined as if it were true 3D but you can definitely see it.

I used it on NFL Football games, Gran Turismo and other driving games...,you can really see the depth of field and better see the turns and their distance.

The conversion feature definitely gives all your games immediate re-playability

We watched the Crazies in 2D to 3D conversion and it looked like ultra high definition...simple amazing.

[quote name='javeryh']Anyone think that the 3DS technology will eventually be used for 3D TVs in the home so no glasses are required? I'm definitely not getting a 3D TV until the major networks start pushing 3D channels. There's just not enough content and I don't want to get burned. I did try it out in a BJs though - very cool tech.[/QUOTE]

DirecTV has a modest offering

Now, I'm tempted to buy another starter pack to get the Shrek movies in 3D.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I have the Samsung 58" 3D Plasma series PN58C8000 and love the 2D to 3D conversion. Works on any input including video games.

I played MGS4 and it felt like actually looking around corners. You can adjust the depth, it's not as defined as if it were true 3D but you can definitely see it.

I used it on NFL Football games, Gran Turismo and other driving games...,you can really see the depth of field and better see the turns and their distance.

The conversion feature definitely gives all your games immediate re-playability

We watched the Crazies in 2D to 3D conversion and it looked like ultra high definition...simple amazing.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was on the fence for Samsung's 3D TVs. The 2D to 3D conversion by the TV is a hit or miss for some people I think. Oh well, too late for me, I'm with Toshiba now :)

I don't want everything to be in 3D anyway... If a movie is shoot in 3D then it's meant to be enjoyed in 3D. Converted movies are a different story. I'm tempted to pre-order Step Up 3 (3D) :lol:

[quote name='Serpentor']I don't want everything to be in 3D anyway... If a movie is shoot in 3D then it's meant to be enjoyed in 3D. Converted movies are a different story. I'm tempted to pre-order Step Up 3 (3D) :lol:[/QUOTE]

It only converts what you want when you want it at the push of a button.

Watching HD NFL Football in 3D is pretty amazing...you can actually sense the players walking in front of one another...they "pop" off the screen.

Hell, CNN in 3D is quite an experience :)

[quote name='doubledown']Great price for 3D Despicable Me. $21.98 + SHIPSFREE coupon for free shipping. I hope I get it for XMAS as I passed the info along to the correct people ;)

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=280965&v=nbc_despicable-me&icid=hp_product-grid[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! Got it for $23 with tax, cheapest price :) My first 3D movie, woohoo. Oh, don't forget 5% back from ebates...

Oh, don't choose the first shipping option (slowest), you can get free shipping on the 2nd shipping option as well (slightly faster, it's 6.95). The order takes 6.95 off, but it won't do it for the 3rd and 4th shipping option (next day is not free).

[quote name='Muthafodder']It only converts what you want when you want it at the push of a button.

Watching HD NFL Football in 3D is pretty amazing...you can actually sense the players walking in front of one another...they "pop" off the screen.

Hell, CNN in 3D is quite an experience :)[/QUOTE]

Currently I don't have any TV service packages. Any recommendations (with 3D channels of course)? What you mentioned are already in 3D (i.e. have the 3D signal) right? Because the Toshiba doesn't convert... Only displays 3D if there's a 3D signal.

I have COMCAST as my service and they have 2 3D channels in my area. ESPN 3D and Comcast/Xfinity 3D. They recently had a hockey game in 3D which was nice.

Comcast also has FREE On Demand 3D programs...including a 3D Yule Log currently :) They also have PAID 3D programming.

I watched part of a college football game (replay, obviously) on n3D on DirecTV last night. The field-level shots in particular were very impressive. I'm looking forward to watching the BCS National Championship game in 3D on January 10.

The price on Tangled should drop a couple of dollars before release date, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't $27.99 by release date, maybe cheaper.

Also, if the coupon works like the past ones we've had (Bambi, Secretariat), they'll change the terms of the coupon to have it only work when you buy another title to get the savings. If you're interested in it, I suggest pre-ordering it now and you'll be covered for when the coupon changes, runs out of uses, as well as for future price drops.

$21.99 shipped, cheaper than three matinee tickets to my nearest 3-D theater, plus reasonable price for snacks, and no kids making noise (other than my own). Too good to pass up...

[quote name='shrike4242']The price on Tangled should drop a couple of dollars before release date, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't $27.99 by release date, maybe cheaper.

Also, if the coupon works like the past ones we've had (Bambi, Secretariat), they'll change the terms of the coupon to have it only work when you buy another title to get the savings. If you're interested in it, I suggest pre-ordering it now and you'll be covered for when the coupon changes, runs out of uses, as well as for future price drops.[/QUOTE]
agreed and that's why I preordered.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I'm going to be getting a 3D tv soon and wanted to start up my 3d bluray collection.. But will a 3d movie play in 2d on my bluray player now?[/QUOTE]It'll either have a separate 2D disc in the package or a combo disc that will be 2D/3D, depending on the package.

Since this is a 4-disc package, it's likely to be the following:
3D BluRay disc
2D BluRay disc
DVD disc
Digital Copy disc

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I'm going to be getting a 3D tv soon and wanted to start up my 3d bluray collection.. But will a 3d movie play in 2d on my bluray player now?[/QUOTE]

Every 3-D Blu-ray that is sold separate from a TV maker's 3D glasses "starter kit" either will play in 2-D or 3-D from the same disc, or has both 2-D and 3-D discs. The only manufacturer exclusive 3-D BDs that I know of that won't play in 2-D are Disney's Bolt and Alice in Wonderland, bundled with Sony kits. I believe they are blocked from playing in 2-D by Java or some other code, not by the capability of the movie on the disc to play in 2-D.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Every 3-D Blu-ray that is sold separate from a TV maker's 3D glasses "starter kit" either will play in 2-D or 3-D from the same disc, or has both 2-D and 3-D discs. The only manufacturer exclusive 3-D BDs that I know of that won't play in 2-D are Disney's Bolt and Alice in Wonderland, bundled with Sony kits. I believe they are blocked from playing in 2-D by Java or some other code, not by the capability of the movie on the disc to play in 2-D.[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool, thanks! I also like to bring movies over to friends places etc and they don't have 3d Tvs, so I wanted to make sure the blus can be played in 2d otherwise I can't watch them yet or I could only play them on one tv when I get mine, which isn't very appealing.

Anybody watched RE Afterlife 3D Blu-ray yet? Do you think it worth at least $10? I'm thinking about getting a copy and watch it tonight, but the reviews at Bestbuy's product site is pretty bad...

So Megamind has been listed on Amazon, but no 3D. Let's continue to limit 3D content by not putting out things that were out in theaters in 3D onto 3D bluray. I'm looking at you Toy Story 3 (which I still have not seen) and Megamind.

There's a $10 rebate in the package for Alice In Wonderland 3D for previous purchasers of the movie, on DVD, single-disc BD or combo pack BD. You have to cut the POP tab from the non-3D package, cut the POP tab from the 3D package and include a copy of your receipt. Rebate form is in the box with the 3D movie.

Offer expires 09/01/11.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a $10 rebate in the package for Alice In Wonderland 3D for previous purchasers of the movie, on DVD, single-disc BD or combo pack BD. You have to cut the POP tab from the non-3D package, cut the POP tab from the 3D package and include a copy of your receipt. Rebate form is in the box with the 3D movie.

Offer expires 09/01/11.[/QUOTE]

I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I HATE having to cut PoP tabs off the case insert to redeem a rebate coupon, especially off the new movie that I am going to keep. I can't remember which movie it was, but one actually put a PoP tab inside the case, so I didn't have to cut the insert. I wish they'd all do this if they were going to include a rebate coupon with the movie.

Does anyone here have the Samsung - 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV
Model: PN50C490B3D?

Best Buy has a really sweet deal ($850 with extras included) for this TV and wondered if I could get some opinions from owners.

I had the LG - 55" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV
Model: 55LX6500 but returned it.

The blur was terrible on sports games (football/hockey were the worst) and there was too much ghosting when watching 3D on TW cable.

Which TVs do you have/recommend?

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I HATE having to cut PoP tabs off the case insert to redeem a rebate coupon, especially off the new movie that I am going to keep. I can't remember which movie it was, but one actually put a PoP tab inside the case, so I didn't have to cut the insert. I wish they'd all do this if they were going to include a rebate coupon with the movie.[/QUOTE]I'm not a fan of it either, though it's still just a PoP tab and it is $10 worth of savings.

I agree, manufacturers should put something in the case that isn't part of the cover art for these purposes, though between the small PoP tab and the much larger UPC, I'll go with the PoP tab.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a $10 rebate in the package for Alice In Wonderland 3D for previous purchasers of the movie, on DVD, single-disc BD or combo pack BD. You have to cut the POP tab from the non-3D package, cut the POP tab from the 3D package and include a copy of your receipt. Rebate form is in the box with the 3D movie.

Offer expires 09/01/11.[/QUOTE]

Do you have additional details on this rebate form? E.g., are internet merchants (i.e., Amazon) included/excluded (does it say, for example, that the store receipt needs to show that the store is in the same state as the rebate submitter). thx.

People are saying the 3D in Resident Evil is done well. I wish I could RENT it, but that option is out since no one rents 3D yet!

Maybe I will buy it and just sell it eventually. I wonder what the resale is for 3D movies?

[quote name='basketb']Do you have additional details on this rebate form? E.g., are internet merchants (i.e., Amazon) included/excluded (does it say, for example, that the store receipt needs to show that the store is in the same state as the rebate submitter). thx.[/QUOTE]It didn't say that on the rebate form.

It says:

Buy: Alice In Wonderland 4-disc Blu-Ray Combo pack

Mail:
(1) POP tab or UPC from original, previously purchased AIW DVD, Blu-Ray, or 3-disc Blu-Ray Combo pack.
(2) POP tab or UPC from new AIW 4-disc Blu-Ray Combo pack
(3) Cash register receipt from your new AIW 4-disc Blu-Ray combo pack imprinted with store name and dated between 12/07/10 and 09/01/11 with purchase price(s) circled (photocopies acceptable).
(4) This original, hand-printed, completed certificate (no photocopies accepted).

That's what it says, besides the "Receive $10 rebate by mail" and "Mail to:" information on the rebate form. Doesn't say about Internet retailers (mine was bought via in-store pickup at BB.com because I had a $15 RZ Cert) or that it has to be from a retail store.

[quote name='tarbsdad']...
Which TVs do you have/recommend?[/QUOTE]
I don't have any input on the Samsung but I own the Panasonic VIERA TC-P50VT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV since just before Christmas and I am very happy with it (but I don't watch broadcast/cable channels, only blu-rays/dvds). 2D content is great and 3D content looks awesome (well, for the two 3D movies I've seen so far ("Despicable Me" and "Christmas Carol")).

For Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Blu-ray, The 3D BD Picture and Sound are 9.5/10, its just the movie is dumb as hell, but again were talking about a 3D resident evil, you buy this as a reason to show off your system and nothing else.

[quote name='tarbsdad']Does anyone here have the Samsung - 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV

Best Buy has a really sweet deal ($850 with extras included) for this TV and wondered if I could get some opinions from owners.

The blur was terrible on sports games (football/hockey were the worst) and there was too much ghosting when watching 3D on TW cable.

I'm no video/audiophile so I'm easily pleased. I jumped on this deal through Amazon. Though they're not offering Black Ops & the $50 credit, I submitted a price match request and was given a courtesy credit of $20 which I then used to buy REA 3D. I went by best buy to see this tv in person and am pleased with how it looks. I'll be getting it delivered on Friday.

Originally Posted by tarbsdad
Does anyone here have the Samsung - 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV

Which TVs do you have/recommend?

I picked this up last night. The price is extremely cheap. Extremely satisfied. Watched Despicable Me in 3D, it was pretty cool.

I'd definitely recommend this, super easy setup and the quality is unreal. I was debating between getting the 1080P version or the 720P, but didn't see a difference in the picture and it was considerably cheaper.

PS3 games are exceptionally good, black ops in 3d is fun.

stopped by redbox last night to rent Resident evil (non 3d).
Not a movie for people expecting "character development".
But lets face it, you don't watch resident evil for that.
You watch if for action sequences and maybe a scare here and there.
As for action, I think they did a great job.
I think this has some scenes that should look amazing in 3D. I think I'll pick it up at walmart for $26. Just to have something to really show off the 3D of my system.

[quote name='tarbsdad']Does anyone here have the Samsung - 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV

Bought that 50 inch model last may and returned it 10 days later because it's Burn-In with video games was terrible and ghosting during certain games. I ended up going with the samsung LED 3D 46inch (8000 series) and have never looked back.

My investment into 3D with samsung required 4 trips to the store for returns, starting with the Plasma, then my LED TV didn't transmit correctly to the glasses, then after the glasses worked with the new LED (3rd overall 3D tv within 2 weeks), one of the glasses stopped working.

I have around 300 blu-rays and while I do enjoy movie watching, my system was first and foremost for 2D gaming. For this simple fact, the Plasma having Image Retention after over 100 hours of use (including trying to use a burn-in disc for several hours), I couldn't keep the TV. Lost Planet 2 came out around that time, and I remember playing and seeing my ammo count burned into the screen. One night I played the game and then shut it off and my ammo count was still ingrained in the image the next morning when I turned the TV on. The Black and white gradient image retention removal option worked to clear it, but I dont want to have to spend 20 minutes doing a wipe of my screen everytime I game just because I played a game with a static image...

*edit*

P.S. At that time, the Plasma was 1500 dollars and the LED was 2000 (both were sale prices before discounts, bundles, or glasses).

[quote name='beatngurnuts']For Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Blu-ray, The 3D BD Picture and Sound are 9.5/10, its just the movie is dumb as hell, but again were talking about a 3D resident evil, you buy this as a reason to show off your system and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'll pick up the Afterlife 3D from BB, thanks! I read a lot of negative reviews regarding how bad the 3D transfer was.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']So Megamind has been listed on Amazon, but no 3D. Let's continue to limit 3D content by not putting out things that were out in theaters in 3D onto 3D bluray. I'm looking at you Toy Story 3 (which I still have not seen) and Megamind.[/QUOTE]

You ain't kidding! Every 3D theater release should be on 3D blu ray.

When Disney goes through this "upgrade" process of making the past movies they're re-releasing in 3D gets the same $10 rebate that they did with Alice In Wonderland, it'll ease some of the sting of the double-dip costs people, though that's not a small amount of money if you're talking about all of these items:

Beauty And The Beast
Bolt
G-Force
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons

I know that most CAGs picked up most of these items somewhat on the cheap ($10 purchase coupons for B&TB, Bolt, for example), so it might end up being a wash with a 3D upgrade. If there's no rebate or reduced price for the early adopters, then I don't think they'll get as many sales as they might expect.

[quote name='shrike4242']When Disney goes through this "upgrade" process of making the past movies they're re-releasing in 3D gets the same $10 rebate that they did with Alice In Wonderland, it'll ease some of the sting of the double-dip costs people, though that's not a small amount of money if you're talking about all of these items:

Beauty And The Beast
Bolt
G-Force
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons

I know that most CAGs picked up most of these items somewhat on the cheap ($10 purchase coupons for B&TB, Bolt, for example), so it might end up being a wash with a 3D upgrade. If there's no rebate or reduced price for the early adopters, then I don't think they'll get as many sales as they might expect.[/QUOTE]

How exactly are people getting Bolt im actually interested to see if this is any good but I can't find it anywhere? Is the UK version region free? Are all 3D blu rays going to be region free? Any info on that would be appreciated.

Also did anyone notice the rentals on the psn store in 3D US. It now has Bolt and Chicken Little for rent in 3D. Anyone know what codec is used on the downloadable content?

[quote name='greenwolfe7']How exactly are people getting Bolt im actually interested to see if this is any good but I can't find it anywhere? Is the UK version region free? Are all 3D blu rays going to be region free? Any info on that would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]Damned if I know. It was just announced, so there's no real details about it.

I was just commenting that hopefully Disney will continue with the $10 rebates for the people who bought the 2D versions, so it ends up being a less painful upgrade.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm not a fan of it either, though it's still just a PoP tab and it is $10 worth of savings.

I agree, manufacturers should put something in the case that isn't part of the cover art for these purposes, though between the small PoP tab and the much larger UPC, I'll go with the PoP tab.[/QUOTE]

It's especially dumb with Disney, though. They have my original 2D blu-ray registered with Disney Movie Rewards, proving that I bought it. Hell, they've accepted UPC codes from VHS copies of movies typed into their website as "proof" that I've owned other titles for previous coupon offers. They should just issue me another coupon for $10 off on the purchase, rather than making me deal with the hassles of a mail-in rebate.

That being said, I don't think I feel the need to buy Alice in Wonderland again in 3D anyway (even once I do buy the 3D glasses). Much as I liked it when I saw it in the theater, I watched part of it again recently, and to be honest, it just doesn't hold up for repeated viewings for me. Even if I do decide to watch it again, I don't feel like the 3D really adds that much to it -- at least not enough to justify a double-dip.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']How exactly are people getting Bolt im actually interested to see if this is any good but I can't find it anywhere? Is the UK version region free? Are all 3D blu rays going to be region free? Any info on that would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Bolt 3D and Michael Jackson: This is It are available by mail for those who buy and register a Sony 3D TV.

Bolt 3D comes out in April. Don't ask me for a link, cause I don't have one (because Disney may or may not announce it this week at CES). Its currently scheduled for April with another Pixar film.

bread's done
Back