3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']It's especially dumb with Disney, though. They have my original 2D blu-ray registered with Disney Movie Rewards, proving that I bought it. Hell, they've accepted UPC codes from VHS copies of movies typed into their website as "proof" that I've owned other titles for previous coupon offers. They should just issue me another coupon for $10 off on the purchase, rather than making me deal with the hassles of a mail-in rebate.

That being said, I don't think I feel the need to buy Alice in Wonderland again in 3D anyway (even once I do buy the 3D glasses). Much as I liked it when I saw it in the theater, I watched part of it again recently, and to be honest, it just doesn't hold up for repeated viewings for me. Even if I do decide to watch it again, I don't feel like the 3D really adds that much to it -- at least not enough to justify a double-dip.[/QUOTE]For me, it was a net zero cost, with a $15 RZ figured into the mix, the $10 rebate and trade-in of the 2D version to Amazon, which was a $15 original purchase at Target after the $10 coupon at release.

I agree that they should just pump out a coupon for anyone that registered the BD versions or the DVD version on the DMR site, though I think this forces people to prove they have the movie, or they know someone that has the movie. You can easily find the UPC for the other products and type them into the DMR site without having the prior versions, so this might be Disney's way to make sure it's people who bought the movie who get the rebate.

It's a hassle of a rebate, though the processor they use is one of the better ones, and I have a contact phone # for them if there's an issue with my rebate being processed in the 6-8 weeks timeframe.

[quote name='Darknyss']Bolt 3D and Michael Jackson: This is It are available by mail for those who buy and register a Sony 3D TV.[/QUOTE]

How long does it take for one to get these in the mail? I just bought a Sony 3D-TV and it says that it'll take about 4 to 8-weeks, but do you think these could get here a lot sooner than the time they announced? I'm in the process of moving that's why and I really want to get these before I move out of where I currently reside now...

[quote name='thesis88']How long does it take for one to get these in the mail? I just bought a Sony 3D-TV and it says that it'll take about 4 to 8-weeks, but do you think these could get here a lot sooner than the time they announced? I'm in the process of moving that's why and I really want to get these before I move out of where I currently reside now...[/QUOTE]

when I registered my tv, the movies only took 3-4 weeks to get to me

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']when I registered my tv, the movies only took 3-4 weeks to get to me[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure I register my TV asap. Was there any shipping and handling fee? If so, how much?

[quote name='thesis88']Nice! Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure I register my TV asap. Was there any shipping and handling fee? If so, how much?[/QUOTE]
There's no cost involved other than buying a Sony 3dTv they send them to you free after registering your TV.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']when I registered my tv, the movies only took 3-4 weeks to get to me[/QUOTE]
that's still ridiculously long. I received the fourth Shrek movie from Samsung in nine days.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Saw 3D suffers from some pretty bad ghosting. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this more of a function of the type of TV you are using and the hardware? Would someone watching in 3D on DLP say the same thing?

[quote name='turls']Isn't this more of a function of the type of TV you are using and the hardware? Would someone watching in 3D on DLP say the same thing?[/QUOTE]

The 3d source actually has a lot to do with it too. For example Saw 3d shows a lot of ghosting on my TV as well while Piranha 3d, Despicable Me 3d, and Resident Evil 3d show little or no ghosting.

[quote name='thesis88']How long does it take for one to get these in the mail? I just bought a Sony 3D-TV and it says that it'll take about 4 to 8-weeks, but do you think these could get here a lot sooner than the time they announced? I'm in the process of moving that's why and I really want to get these before I move out of where I currently reside now...[/QUOTE]
Mine came pretty quickly.... less than two weeks IIRC.

I have a wd 73738 Mitsubishi 3d dlp tv....a 73 inch screen and the 3-d is incredible...leaps above any other 3-d tv for picture quality and no ghosting....The tv's are much cheaper as well...but as far as 3-d bluray exclusives go I wish it would stop....everyone should have the right to buy Any movie they want to. Not according to what tv you decide to purchase...shame on the movie companies.......

[quote name='blissskr']There's no cost involved other than buying a Sony 3dTv they send them to you free after registering your TV.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. However, why is it that after I registered, I was asked to wait 14 days? Then it also says that the delivery process is 4-to 8 weeks. So you mean to tell me that I have to wait 14 days for the submission to go through and then the order itself can be processed and be delivered in about 4-8 weeks? I don't get why it takes 14 days for the submission to go through. Can someone explain? Sony wasn't very clear in my opinion... Once the submission goes through after 14 days, do I have to do anything else?
This is the site they directed me to:

https://www.rebate-zone.com/TrackCustomerSearch.asp?method=open&function=track

[quote name='vessey632']The 3d source actually has a lot to do with it too. For example Saw 3d shows a lot of ghosting on my TV as well while Piranha 3d, Despicable Me 3d, and Resident Evil 3d show little or no ghosting.[/QUOTE]

I'm still unclear on if either of you are watching this and seeing ghosting on a DLP TV. If its LCD, no surprise you'd have ghosts.

[quote name='thesis88']That's awesome. However, why is it that after I registered, I was asked to wait 14 days? Then it also says that the delivery process is 4-to 8 weeks. So you mean to tell me that I have to wait 14 days for the submission to go through and then the order itself can be processed and be delivered in about 4-8 weeks? I don't get why it takes 14 days for the submission to go through. Can someone explain? Sony wasn't very clear in my opinion... Once the submission goes through after 14 days, do I have to do anything else?
This is the site they directed me to:

https://www.rebate-zone.com/TrackCustomerSearch.asp?method=open&function=track[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on someone to let me know if they too waited 14 days for their submission to go through after they registered their TV on the Sony website.

[quote name='turls']I'm still unclear on if either of you are watching this and seeing ghosting on a DLP TV. If its LCD, no surprise you'd have ghosts.[/QUOTE]

Plasma in my case. And again, no or very few problems with other content. If it was the TV it would be a uniform problem.

I have a 65" DLP 3D and a 50" plasma 3d, on the 65" DLP there is no ghosting, I have tried every 3d Blu-ray on it, however there is ghosting on most with the plasma, so if you want 3d, go with DLP

[quote name='beatngurnuts']I have a 65" DLP 3D and a 50" plasma 3d, on the 65" DLP there is no ghosting, I have tried every 3d Blu-ray on it, however there is ghosting on most with the plasma, so if you want 3d, go with DLP[/QUOTE]

what's the plasma make/model?

@thesis88 In regards to your sony question, I bought my Bravia 46" on Black Friday and I signed up for the free Blu-Rays the following Monday. I had both my Michael Jackson and Bolt in the mail the following Tuesday. It took approximately 8 days from me registering to me actually receiving the Blu-Rays. That 4-6 weeks was BS. It didn't even take two weeks for me.

[quote name='Force519']@thesis88 In regards to your sony question, I bought my Bravia 46" on Black Friday and I signed up for the free Blu-Rays the following Monday. I had both my Michael Jackson and Bolt in the mail the following Tuesday. It took approximately 8 days from me registering to me actually receiving the Blu-Rays. That 4-6 weeks was BS. It didn't even take two weeks for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for filling me in. I appreciate it, bro. I was just confused because after I registered my TV, I was asked to wait 14 days. I tried to track my rebate on the site, but there's no information available. Let's hope the movies come in soon.

Finally got my two pairs of glasses from amazon. I came home, popped in RE:Afterlife and had a brief nerdgasm :lol: then I popped in black ops and after a brief stumble with the settings I played in 3D :hot: whoa, it's trippy.

I saw Saw 3D in the theater and I wasn't impressed with the 3D. There were two or three scenes where the 3D effect actually caught me off guard (I think that's enough to warrant the movie ticket price :lol:)

They are killing me with this 4 pack for $45 thing. A 3D Bluray, Bluray, DVD, and digital copy? Who are they marketing this towards for that price?

[quote name='TreizePlus']They are killing me with this 4 pack for $45 thing. A 3D Bluray, Bluray, DVD, and digital copy? Who are they marketing this towards for that price?[/QUOTE]

Never paid that much. With coupons, a Disney 3D release is like $20-$25. Even Universal release was $28ish.

Watched re;afterlife in 3d. Excellent 3d, ok movie. I got from best buy for $25. I may sell or trade for another3d movie. Sucks I cannot rent.

Watching saw 3d a the moment.... tried watching it with the fiance and she had enough after the opening kill scene.

Impressed with the 3d effects and a fan of the whole series... was a bit dissapointed with the wrapup to the series.

Got my Avatar 3-D Blu-ray from the DMP-BDT100 Blu-ray player promotion yesterday. It took about 3 1/2 weeks from the day I mailed in the rebate documentation. Now if I can just get the BDT100 sold, I'll be set...

Edit : Just sold the Blu-ray player on eBay. After selling the player, including the eBay seller fees, shipping cost and PayPal fees, I got the Avatar 3-D Blu-ray for 14 cents.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Got my Avatar 3-D Blu-ray from the DMP-BDT100 Blu-ray player promotion yesterday. It took about 3 1/2 weeks from the day I mailed in the rebate documentation. Now if I can just get the BDT100 sold, I'll be set...

Edit: Just sold the Blu-ray player on eBay. My net cost for the Avatar 3-D Blu-ray after selling the player, including the eBay seller fees and PayPal fees, was 94 cents...[/QUOTE]
most impressive.

I wonder if we should set up a 3D Blu-Ray TRADE thread? I'm looking to trade my copy of Resident Evil Afterlife for another 3D movie. I enjoyed the movie, but not enough for multiple viewings.

Anyone have a Panasonic 3D TV? I'm debating if I should get the Avatar Starter bundle or if I should just get a pair of the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Anyone have a Panasonic 3D TV? I'm debating if I should get the Avatar Starter bundle or if I should just get a pair of the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses.[/QUOTE]

I've got a Panasonic 3D TV but I don't know what you mean by "the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses". Do you have a link to the description of these?

[quote name='basketb']I've got a Panasonic 3D TV but I don't know what you mean by "the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses". Do you have a link to the description of these?[/QUOTE]

I think they came out a couple of weeks ago. They come in 3 sizes; small, medium and large. It sounds like the biggest improvement over the other ones is that you can get one that better fits your head and it uses a power switch instead of a button.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TY-...C3P4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1296859433&sr=8-4

How do you like your glasses? I'm leaning towards the Avatar starter pack.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I think the Avatar glasses are part of the same series, but they're adjustable. I think I'll just buy the Avatar ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TY-...3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1296860764&sr=1-3

Yes, the glasses in the Avatar starter kit are the new ones. They are medium size. I usually wear prescription glasses and find the older ones more comfortable than the new medium ones (I don't have any of the new large ones to compare to). However, when I wear contact lenses, then the medium ones are also comfortable.

[quote name='Force519']@thesis88 In regards to your sony question, I bought my Bravia 46" on Black Friday and I signed up for the free Blu-Rays the following Monday. I had both my Michael Jackson and Bolt in the mail the following Tuesday. It took approximately 8 days from me registering to me actually receiving the Blu-Rays. That 4-6 weeks was BS. It didn't even take two weeks for me.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's not BS because the order is still processing on my end and it's been over 2 weeks now... :whistle2:( Still waiting on Bolt and Michael Jackson's This is It (3D Blu-rays from Sony).

DirecTV and Ps3 both have 3-D HiDef pay-per-view now. Vudu (available on Ps3) also claims to have 3D movies, but nothing decent yet except previews.

Watch Step-Up 3D the other day on my 55" Samsung and it was pretty badass for $7.49, since I'd probably buy the Blu-Ray and watch it maybe twice.

DirecTV this week has: My Soul to Take 3D ($6.99), Saw 3D, Shrek Forever After, Meet the Robinsons

PSN Store has: ($5) Bolt, Chicken Little, Miley Cyrus, Dark Country, A Christmas Carol, Jonas Bros, The Mad Magician, Meet the Robinsons, Monster House, Open Season 3D, and two Three Stooges flicks. For $7.50 you can rent Resident Evil Afterlife 3D and Step Up 3D.

$5 isn't bad, anything more than that and I'd rather just put it towards the bluray. I'll have to check them out. I got a free HD rental from Vudu, just had to give them my email address and then it credited my account $5.99, not sure if you could just put that towards a 3D movie or not. We watched Despicable Me and I was impressed with the quality.

bread's done
Back