3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="strait edge follower" post="12005907" timestamp="1407942755"]rise of an empire was a.solid film that was a joy for me to watch. not to mention Artemisia was hot as fuck lol. cant wait for the third film :D[/quote]
That's the reason I wanted stay and watched the entire movie. I was hoping for her to get naked. And she did! :wub:

Some 3D stuff on sale at Best Buy right now:

$14.99

The Amazing Spider Man 3D (2012)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D for $14.99 if buy a TV Title $14.99 or more (otherwise $24.99)

$12.99

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
I, Robot
Ice Age: Mammoth Christmas Special
Immortals
Jumper
Predator
Prometheus Collectors Edition
Static

I've got my 3D blu-ray collection saved on eBay.  I'm not selling anything, I just used the "My Collection" option on eBay to track all of the blu-ray releases that I have in my collection.  Right now there are 173.   There are a few movies that I'm missing, but most are in there. If you are interested in seeing the list (complete with photos), my userID is 33.   The individual photos are all pulled from current or past listings, but I'm just using it strictly as a checklist with photos and I don't know or recommend any of the sellers on the list. The collection name is "3D Blu-ray Movies" if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Some 3D stuff on sale at Best Buy right now:

$14.99

The Amazing Spider Man 3D (2012)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D for $14.99 if buy a TV Title $14.99 or more (otherwise $24.99)

$12.99

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
I, Robot
Ice Age: Mammoth Christmas Special
Immortals
Jumper
Predator
Prometheus Collectors Edition
Static
I keep hoping to see Avatar on that list but I guess it's never dropping below 17. I don't want to pay much considering the move is mediocre imo but I would guess has really solid 3D.

I mentioned this in another thread, but Best Buy seems to have a "sale" on Disney/Pixar 3D blurays. A lot of them are at $27, and if you have access to the Retailmenot Coupon that gives you $10 off $100 purchase the movies automatically adjust to like $24.50 apiece, which I'm guessing means you could buy 4 movies then return the ones you don't want at that price, still paying $24.50 for each. I'm not a big Disney guy but there's some good stuff here like Wreck-It Ralph, Up, and Monsters Inc.

I had seen Avatar for $15 at one point, but since then it's shot up and never dropped that low again

Avatar seems to fluctuate like crazy. Next time I see it under $20 I think I am going for it, I keep hearing about how amazing the 3D version is.

I was wondering though: I've seen Avatar on blu-ray as a normal disk and some sort of extended feature. Does the 3D version have these extended/missing scenes? If not, is there a 3D version floating around out there somewhere that does?

Last edited:
I've seen Avatar on blu-ray as a normal disk and some sort of extended feature. Does the 3D version have these extended/missing scenes? If not, is there a 3D version floating around out there somewhere that does?
The Avatar 3D BD is bare-bones--like pretty much all of the other Fox titles that were released on 3D well-after their 2D counterparts. If they are bundled with the DVD, then you might get some of the bonus features that way but otherwise, you're out of luck.

I mentioned this in another thread, but Best Buy seems to have a "sale" on Disney/Pixar 3D blurays. A lot of them are at $27, and if you have access to the Retailmenot Coupon that gives you $10 off $100 purchase the movies automatically adjust to like $24.50 apiece, which I'm guessing means you could buy 4 movies then return the ones you don't want at that price, still paying $24.50 for each. I'm not a big Disney guy but there's some good stuff here like Wreck-It Ralph, Up, and Monsters Inc.

Avatar seems to fluctuate like crazy. Next time I see it under $20 I think I am going for it, I keep hearing about how amazing the 3D version is.

I was wondering though: I've seen Avatar on blu-ray as a normal disk and some sort of extended feature. Does the 3D version have these extended/missing scenes? If not, is there a 3D version floating around out there somewhere that does?
It doesn't contain the extra footage from the collector's edition versions, nor the supplemental footage from the extra discs in that version. There have been rumors that a CE version will be released in 3-D, but, like rumors of a 3-D U.S. Frozen, there's no official word yet that will happen.

If you want to get it cheap, wait for one of those foxconnect sales, where most titles are 50% off. You can pick it up there for $12.99 or possibly less.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D BD will be $19.99 on release day (9/9) at Target.

They have some kind of exclusive version with bonus content but the ad scan picture is too small that I can't read the sticker to see what it is.

Sweet!  Let's hope Amazon matches that price- who knows for sure, though, since the stupid Amazon/Disney spat prevents us from pre-ordering it right now!

As long as it's not $60, I'll be picking it up release week!  :)

Sweet! Let's hope Amazon matches that price- who knows for sure, though, since the stupid Amazon/Disney spat prevents us from pre-ordering it right now!

As long as it's not $60, I'll be picking it up release week! :)
I'm more hoping that Best Buy's steelbook version is close to that price, which is the version I'm picking up. Sometimes you can luck out with getting a PM to another retailer that has their own "exclusive" version, though it's more miss than hit on that.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D BD will be $19.99 on release day (9/9) at Target.

They have some kind of exclusive version with bonus content but the ad scan picture is too small that I can't read the sticker to see what it is.
It's a digital download for a making of the movie from Targetticket.com

I'd much rather have the steelbook from Best Buy, so hopefully I can get lucky with a price match there.

Best Buy is having an Elite/Elite Plus sale right now (not sure if it applies to everyone yet) on 3D movies.  

Here's the list.  (Prices are shown once you add them to your cart.)  

Rio 2 - $17.99

Predator - $11.99

Rio - $14.99

Jumper - $11.99

Prometheus - $11.99

The Wolverine - $17.99

Life of Pi - $14.99

I, Robot - $11.99

The Croods - $17.99

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - $17.99

Walking with Dinosaurs - $17.99

Turbo - $17.99

Epic - $14.99

Immortals - $11.99

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - $11.99

Walmart has the Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2-Disc Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital HD) on sale for $19.96 with free in-store pickup.  Not sure if it is in-store as well, but you can definitely get it on-line for that price hereAmazon is also the same price, so there are options.  You might be able to price match at your store of choice as well.

Just placed a preorder for Godzilla 3D at Best Buy. Although it is showing $27.99 online, when I added a qualifying tv show, the price actually showed up at $14.99 in the cart. :)

Just wanted someone to confirm, Godzilla doesn't have a NA 3D steelbook release, rght?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/godzilla-metalpak-blu-ray-dvd-uv-digital-copy-ultraviolet-digital-copy-blu-ray-3d/6435036.p?id=3276600&skuId=6435036

Product description says the following:

Godzilla (MetalPak) (Blu-ray+DVD+UV Digital Copy) (Ultraviolet Digital Copy) (Blu-ray 3D)

Picture shows the 3D cover from the "regular" version. Mine is on the way from Best Buy so I'll know on Wednesday , though anyone who picks up SKU # 6435036 should be a 3D metal pack release.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/godzilla-metalpak-blu-ray-dvd-uv-digital-copy-ultraviolet-digital-copy-blu-ray-3d/6435036.p?id=3276600&skuId=6435036

Godzilla (MetalPak) (Blu-ray+DVD+UV Digital Copy) (Ultraviolet Digital Copy) (Blu-ray 3D)

Picture shows the 3D cover from the "regular" version. Mine is on the way from Best Buy so I'll know on Wednesday , though anyone who picks up SKU # 6435036 should be a 3D metal pack release.
Thanks! I'll swing by a store today. I have a feeling they won't be is hard to find in store as the CA2 was. I had to order that one online.

Thanks! I'll swing by a store today. I have a feeling they won't be is hard to find in store as the CA2 was. I had to order that one online.
I did an in-store pick-up and they gave me a regular 3d copy. None of the Best Buy stores around here had the metalpak, the reps all told me it's only available online. At 14.99 (with a tv season purchase) I guess I can't complain but I was disappointed not to get the metalpak

hmmm... it doesnt say metalpak anymore

I'm too lazy to search to see if it was posted but Target has Despicable Me 2 3D bluray combo pack on clearance for 7.96 which of course is YMMV
Part 2 was such a flaming turd. Good guy gru was beyond lame, the antagonist was lame and the random minion moments weren't funny either. I only liked the top notch animation and that woman who eventually married gru (her character was great). Other than that 1 was so much better

Part 2 was such a flaming turd. Good guy gru was beyond lame, the antagonist was lame and the random minion moments weren't funny either. I only liked the top notch animation and that woman who eventually married gru (her character was great). Other than that 1 was so much better
Everyone has their own opinion, but I didn't find Despicable Me 2 to be a bad movie. While there were obvious minion moments thrown in as non-sequitors, it still was a fun movie. Gru was pretty much a nice guy in DM1 other than the very beginning, so while he is a little nicer overall in this movie, it wasn't a huge change. DM1 was about Gru finding he needs a family and DM2 is about the family becoming complete. It wasn't quite as good as the first film, but how many sequels are? If you liked the first movie then this is likely worth $7.96.

bread's done
Back