3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
It plays fine on my US player as well. It doesn't specify a region on the case or discs anywhere I can see.
Just got it today - it plays just fine on my Sony player! The seller was wrong about it being region locked. The 3-D is also the good kind; not the red/blue glasses type, though the discs contains the 2-D and 3-D versions on the same disc, just like Predator 3-D, Dredd, and Avatar.

I didn't know best buy had them on sale, I wish someone would have mentioned it.
Sorry, I had noticed it earlier, but didn't have a chance to post it. There are a few others as well at the $16.99 price point.

Hansel and Gretel, Wizard of Oz, Croods, Gatsby, Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows Part 1, and Turbo.

I just ordered the UK region free release of Maleficent 3D from Amazon UK for $25.90 shipped. It was listed at £15, but changed to £12.50 during checkout (it's still listed at £15 on the site, not sure what happened). Shipping added a bit over £3. Seems to be a good price for it right now. 

I just ordered the UK region free release of Maleficent 3D from Amazon UK for $25.90 shipped. It was listed at £15, but changed to £12.50 during checkout (it's still listed at £15 on the site, not sure what happened). Shipping added a bit over £3. Seems to be a good price for it right now.
It removed the VAT. (You don't get this kind of deal when there is like a 2 for £20 sale because they remove the VAT and then adjust the price to be £20 instead of the reverse.)

Edit--actually it may work in that scenario—it's the Lightning deals that get applied after VAT is removed.

It removed the VAT. (You don't get this kind of deal when there is like a 2 for £20 sale because they remove the VAT and then adjust the price to be £20 instead of the reverse.)

Edit--actually it may work in that scenario—it's the Lightning deals that get applied after VAT is removed.
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. First time I've ordered from an overseas merchant; I've only bought stuff from individuals in Europe before.

None of the targets in the area here heave restocked on captain America winter soldier 3d since the initial release. A little upsetting since I have the rain check for 19.99 but they don't accept them online. Has this give on sale elsewhere our anyway I can get this used before it expires?

I just ordered the UK region free release of Maleficent 3D from Amazon UK for $25.90 shipped. It was listed at £15, but changed to £12.50 during checkout (it's still listed at £15 on the site, not sure what happened). Shipping added a bit over £3. Seems to be a good price for it right now.
I picked it up too. Not sure if I'm happy with you for telling me about the price or not.

The shipping and VAT are usually very close to each other so that you end up paying, with shipping, within a few decimal points of the given price. However, since shipping is by weight, not quantity, it will end up being more than the given price if you have multiple items, or really heavy ones like box sets.

None of the targets in the area here heave restocked on captain America winter soldier 3d since the initial release. A little upsetting since I have the rain check for 19.99 but they don't accept them online. Has this give on sale elsewhere our anyway I can get this used before it expires?
They've probaly got them all in the back in boxes marked "do not open until [date after coupon expires]." Go in there on that day, and they'll be tons of them! However, with Marvel movies, this is always the best deal:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Shoot!  The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Edition didn't drop in price on release day like I was expecting/hoping- it's $33 right now from Walmart, Amazon, and Bestbuy.  I was hoping for a price of $29.99 or lower during release week...

Oh well, I love these films too much to not get it now and watch it before The Battle of the Five Armies comes out in theaters, I just haven't spend $30+ on a Blu-ray EVER besides a couple of Marvel 3D combo packs.  At least Amazon gave me ANOTHER $1 in book/e-book credit for selecting No-Rush Shipping again!  I'll be getting a free book or two if they keep offering that deal, especially during BF!

Shoot! The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Edition didn't drop in price on release day like I was expecting/hoping- it's $33 right now from Walmart, Amazon, and Bestbuy. I was hoping for a price of $29.99 or lower during release week...

Oh well, I love these films too much to not get it now and watch it before The Battle of the Five Armies comes out in theaters, I just haven't spend $30+ on a Blu-ray EVER besides a couple of Marvel 3D combo packs. At least Amazon gave me ANOTHER $1 in book/e-book credit for selecting No-Rush Shipping again! I'll be getting a free book or two if they keep offering that deal, especially during BF!
Wait for BF, as I was able to pick up the 3D combo pack for the first Hobbit movie last year for $19.99 from Amazon.

Wait for BF, as I was able to pick up the 3D combo pack for the first Hobbit movie last year for $19.99 from Amazon.
There's also rumored to be a Battle of Five Armies movie money promotion coming, but no word yet on what movies will have it (the previous Hobbit films are a good possibility).

There's also rumored to be a Battle of Five Armies movie money promotion coming, but no word yet on what movies will have it (the previous Hobbit films are a good possibility).
Considering it costs $18 or so to see the 48FPS version, any little bit helps.

The extended 3D version for $20 or just the normal 3D version?

Both price history sites I checked show the extended 3D version never getting below $30 at Amazon.

The extended 3D version for $20 or just the normal 3D version?

Both price history sites I checked show the extended 3D version never getting below $30 at Amazon.
Best Buy has had the extended version for $19.99 as well. I know that was the price point I paid when I picked it up.

Best Buy has had the extended version for $19.99 as well. I know that was the price point I paid when I picked it up.
They never had it advertised for that. BB has a lot of great deals, like the first two GOT seasons for $19.99 each, again not advertised, or even marked that way on the shelves. That's why this site's real important during the Thanksgiving to X-Mas spread, as I'd never have known about it were it not for it.

Fox sale has some good deals on some 3D- Dawn of the Apes 3D for ~$16, X-Men DOFP for $16, Ice Age 3 & 4 3D for ~$12- no deals on How to Train Your Dragon though.

Fox sale has some good deals on some 3D- Dawn of the Apes 3D for ~$16, X-Men DOFP for $16, Ice Age 3 & 4 3D for ~$12- no deals on How to Train Your Dragon though.
The Ice Age and other multipacks - do they contain 3-D and 2-D versions, or 3-D only? It doesn't say one way or the other.

Good to hear about The Hobbit 3D discounts, I didn't even know that last year. I was gonna pick it for $15 with that $5 mystery rewards coupon, but I might just wait now for discounts on it and DoS 3D on black friday. Think AUJ will be cheaper than that on black friday? 

Rise of the Guardians  3D  is $9.99 right now on Amazon.  Free shipping if you are a Prime member.  This is a great deal on the 3D version!  It's the 3-Disc version, so you'll have both the 3D and the regular Blu-ray discs on there as well.

The Lego Movie 3D edition is going to be $9.00 at Target on Black Friday. Not sure if it will be available on-line as well, but I suspect it will. This is a great price for the set which includes a Lego Mini-Figure as well.

Now if only How To Train Your Dragon 2 3D was at a similar price.
If that actually holds and is available online, I will be all over that deal, though I worry that they accidentally put the picture of the 3D version when they meant to just put the standard Blu. If that's the case, they might not honor the $9 price for the 3D version.

The Lego Movie 3D edition is going to be $9.00 at Target on Black Friday. Not sure if it will be available on-line as well, but I suspect it will. This is a great price for the set which includes a Lego Mini-Figure as well.

Now if only How To Train Your Dragon 2 3D was at a similar price.
I'm willing to bet they put the wrong picture in there and meant it to be the regular blu ray version of Lego Movie. They did this a few years ago too with the Lord of the Rings trilogy and ended up honoring it BUT they had very limited quantities. I'd expect a similar situation here where they'll end up honoring the 3D version at $9 but there's probably only a few copies left at each store.

I'm willing to bet they put the wrong picture in there and meant it to be the regular blu ray version of Lego Movie. They did this a few years ago too with the Lord of the Rings trilogy and ended up honoring it BUT they had very limited quantities. I'd expect a similar situation here where they'll end up honoring the 3D version at $9 but there's probably only a few copies left at each store.
That sounds about right. I flipped when I saw this because even though I have the film I've been surprised that it's stayed at the ridiculous 40 dollar price for the most part. Even if it's honored I bet there's only 3-5 copies per store so good luck getting it.

fuck.  It looks like I may have to brave Target afterall and hope that a) they honor it and b) they have any when I get there.  This may be a good time to pre-scout the day before and stash a copy behind tampons or something.

And I was going to sit out BF this year....

This may be a good time to pre-scout the day before and stash a copy behind tampons or something.
I used to always pre-stash Blu-rays at Best Buy—now you can usually get all the deals online so I don't bother. The tampons is an added creative touch—I used to just hide with less popular DVDs.

Sin City 2 Target exclusive edition on sale for $19.99 this week (out Tuesday), plus there's a 20% Cartwheel coupon, so only $16!

Nvm. The regular Blu-Ray is $19.99. The 3D version is $24.99. Looks like I'll be buying at Best Buy for $21.99 plus a $5 rewards coupon.

Nvm. The regular Blu-Ray is $19.99. The 3D version is $24.99. Looks like I'll be buying at Best Buy for $21.99 plus a $5 rewards coupon.
There is only 1 Blu-Ray release that is both 2D/3D—picture on weekly ad shows it as $19.99 despite target online $24.99 price right now. For Cartwheel, just go to cartwheel.target.com and add the deal to your account. Then you show barcode at checkout (via app or maybe you can print it) and it will take the 20% off.

[oquote name="CocoCrisps" post="12246494" timestamp="1416243436"]Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D Steelbook $19.99
www.bestbuy.com/site/3d-bd-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-3d-blu-ray-e-copy-uv-digital-copy-only--best-buy-with-metalpak/7713034.p?id=3261372&skuId=7713034
How was the 3D for this movie. Is it worth it? Seems like a great price but debating if I should just buy a digital copy for a few bucks.
[/QUOTE]I actually saw this movie in 3D at Regals. I barely notice any 3D though. But i really like the 3D in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I actually saw this movie in 3D at Regals. I barely notice any 3D though. But i really like the 3D in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Thanks for the comment. Didn't think it would be that heavy on the 3D. Haven't even seen Guardians of the Galaxy but actually saw a 3D trailer of it when I bought the Capt America 3D. Looked awesome!

[quote name="SweetP1983" post="12246531" timestamp="1416243875"]

[oquote name="CocoCrisps" post="12246494" timestamp="1416243436"]Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D Steelbook $19.99
www.bestbuy.com/site/3d-bd-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-3d-blu-ray-e-copy-uv-digital-copy-only--best-buy-with-metalpak/7713034.p?id=3261372&skuId=7713034[/quote]
How was the 3D for this movie. Is it worth it? Seems like a great price but debating if I should just buy a digital copy for a few bucks.[/quote]
The 3-D is pretty average; not essential, but does improve the experience.

For the Best Buy Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and GoTG 3D preorders, you also get 100 Rewards points. That's like getting another $2 bonus.

bread's done
Back