3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only 1 Blu-Ray release that is both 2D/3D—picture on weekly ad shows it as $19.99 despite target online $24.99 price right now. For Cartwheel, just go to cartwheel.target.com and add the deal to your account. Then you show barcode at checkout (via app or maybe you can print it) and it will take the 20% off.
Thanks. Didn't realize that. I'm going to have to rush to Target to get it tomorrow. It seems they don't tend to stock up on 3D blurays at least in my area. By the end of the day they pretty much sell out on them.

I would actually preorder GotG from Best Buy if you could choose the normal case--not a fan of the steelbooks.
Best Buy dropped the price of the non steelbook Guardians of the Galaxy to $19.99 as well (matching Amazon) and can preorder for store pickup and get the 100 bonus points. Done!

Thanks. Didn't realize that. I'm going to have to rush to Target to get it tomorrow. It seems they don't tend to stock up on 3D blurays at least in my area. By the end of the day they pretty much sell out on them.
They only had 12 copies at my Target--went this morning when they opened--it took 15 minutes for the guy to find them in the back. At least that meant no plastic coffin on my copy.

You can get another 10% off if you price match at Target and use the Cartwheel deal that's good through 11/29.

Because they cost a lot to make and nobody is buying them. 3D Blu-Ray is a dud format. Only enthusiasts, like you and I, buy them.
Somebody is buying them, as the sales charts on Amazon and other retailers regularly show the 3D versions outselling the standard versions time and again. They also use the same discs as regular BDs, so it doesn't necessarily cost more, especially since the transfers are already done anyway, since they're released overseas.

In continuation of suck, Big Hero 6 has got a date (Feb 2015), but no 3D version.

1. Thanks for the heads up on The Croods 3d for 10.99, i ended up getting it + Fargo remastered + season 1 and 2 of Louie for $29 total. Awesome.

2. last i read Frozen 3d is supposed to be released in North America in 2015 so anyone who doesnt want to import just needs to wait a little bit.

3. i really hope the 3d format keeps chugging along long enough for people to see how good it look on 4k TVs with passive glasses. 4k tvs show 3d the way it was meant to be.

I only buy 3d and its a damn shame the format isn't taking off :(. But I haven't tried it on a 4k tv? your saying upscaled to 4k looks better? I already feel like it looks cleaner than movie theaters

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Best Buy currently has Jurassic Park 3D and Despicable Me 2 (3D combo) for $16.99 each.  It could be in store only as the website had them for $19.99 each yesterday.

is there an official announcement where Disney states they are no longer releasing 3D in US?
- still holding out for Frozen and Maleficent

is there an official announcement where Disney states they are no longer releasing 3D in US?
- still holding out for Frozen and Maleficent
Not sure about an official announcement, but both of those originally had 3-D versions available for pre-order, then they were pulled. No Disney film since then has had them available. There were rumors of a US Frozen that turned out to be false, and they're out there again, promising we'll see it for real in 2015. Judging by the amount of DVDs still on the shelves of stores that cater to people we would lump into "the masses" (Wal-Mart, Target, etc) there are still a lot out there who haven't even upgraded to Blu Ray yet, and Disney has always been about playing the numbers. Wouldn't it be a thing if they stopped releasing BDs?

Any chance Smaug 3D will still be $20 on black friday or even reduced to $15 like The Hobbit 3D?
There's always a chance, but nobody's announced anything so far. BTW, they've announced the Movie Money promotion, and it's packaged with Unexpected journey and every LOTR film, except it's NOT packaged with Smaug.

You got me all excited for nothing. It's the REGULAR version that's on sale, not the Extended.
Forget the extended versions. Let me know when there's a version that trims all of the fat out of those movies and condenses them down into a single film like they should have been in the first place.

I only buy 3d and its a damn shame the format isn't taking off :(. But I haven't tried it on a 4k tv? your saying upscaled to 4k looks better? I already feel like it looks cleaner than movie theaters
4k tvs do a decent job of upscaling to "4k", and then passive 3d cuts the horizontal resolution in half because of how it does 3d.

On blu ray with 1080p tv, passive 3d takes away too much picture quality and makes it look halfway between a dvd and a bluray.

Active 3d gives better PQ but the glasses weigh more and the shuttering affect gives people more headaches.

3d on a 4k tv makes the picture look amazing (better than on a 1080p) and the passive glasses dont give people a headache as much.

3d works so much better on 4k tvs

Target has the Everything is awesome 3D Lego movie for $14.99 right now. (It'll be $10 on Black Friday but it's worth $5 to not have to deal with those crowds.)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Amazon.com has Dawn of Planet of the Apes 3D available for pre-order for $19.99.

Snagged a copy tonight and got free shipping since my total order was over $35.

Can't wait to watch it.  I loved Rise of Planet of the Apes.

Frozen 3D (import) was actually sold by Amazon (not 3rd Party Seller) for a while within the last few days.  Its gone now though.  It was like $27 or so.  I don't know what to make of that.

The avengers phase one set is now 100 bucks. Considering that cap america 1 3d and avengers 3d are going for 30+ each I think it's a good deal. 

Here are the movies that's also in 3D cheap on BF

How to train your dragon 2

Frozen

Hercules

Live Die Repeat

But which of these are MUST to see/own in 3D?

The avengers phase one set is now 100 bucks. Considering that cap america 1 3d and avengers 3d are going for 30+ each I think it's a good deal.
Yeah, I'm tempted as well even though I have Iron Man and Avengers already. I just with they came with digital copies and it would really be an apples to apples comparison considering I don't have any value for the case or collectibles part.

Can my question get answered?
For me, this isn't even a question--I buy every mainstream 3D release (so in that regard they are all must-own). I would never buy a 2D release (even though they are temptingly super cheap right now) when a film was originally released in 3D.

I am still waiting on price drops for Hercules and Edge of Tomorrow, and picked up HTTYD 2 for $18 earlier this week at Target but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

If you are in a rush to get an answer, just buy the cheap 2d releases during the BF sales and do more research and return what you don't want--most places will let you return purchases now through the new year.

bread's done
Back