3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the only Disney 3D Blu Ray that's region locked. I suppose there's still a chance but I highly doubt Big Hero will be anything but region free. Zavvi has a release of Dec 31st so I'm guessing that's a place holder?
I was disappointed with that one. =-(

If you really have a beef against 3-D, it doesn't do a lot of good to let people simply import what they want. I'm betting no other D 3-D will be region free, ever,
What makes you think Disney has "beef" with 3D? Just because they don't think it is profitable enough in North America doesn't necessarily mean Disney has "beef" with it.

If Disney 3Ds don't sell well here, I think its greatly due to a self defeating model. The 3D bundles usually do well when they are released, usually because the price is reasonable. After the first week they're out, the price goes into the ridiculous "you must be a huge fan of this to spend this much money on this" territory. Too bad anyone that's that big of a fan probably bought it when it came out, so sales tank :S. They also don't offer any other methods of buying just 3D. It's an all or nothing model that really hurts them in the long run.

If anyone ever sees a decent find on Lion King and Beauty and the Beast 3D editions, let me know please
I don't understand the Lion King deal but Amazon.co.uk has the international version for 18 pounds which after shipping ends up being around 35 bucks. Honestly I believe you can get something similar on ebay as well. The US version is almost always double.

Ratatouille wasn't either. Really hoping Big Hero 6 is.
Here is an eBAy listing for an import from India for Planes Fire & Rescue, $34.99

If you check his other items you can see Big Hero 6 as well.

There was some website posted on BR.com where you could buy it for $20ish after exchange rates, I have no clue how much shipping is though. He had Ratatouille for sale but hasn't had it back, he said something about region issues but we'll see what happens with that.

Barnes and Noble has the Toy Story Trilogy 3D Blu on sale for 59.99. Use coupon code J4P7D9K for and additional 20% off. This makes is ~48.00 plus taxes and free shipping. No idea how long this will last.

Barnes and Noble has the Toy Story Trilogy 3D Blu on sale for 59.99. Use coupon code J4P7D9K for and additional 20% off. This makes is ~48.00 plus taxes and free shipping. No idea how long this will last.
Oh man, I've been waiting for something to use my $30 gift card on and this is definitely it! Thanks :)

Hey I must've seen you over in the bluray forums (I'm el rey over there too). I found this deal by accident yesterday when I just happened to go to Fry's on my lunch break just to kill time. I saw the trilogy set on the shelves ad I had never seen it there before. Saw the $75 price tag and decided to scan it with my phone to see if it was cheaper anywhere else and was shocked to see that B&N had it for $59.99. I had just gotten a 15% off email code the day before so placed my order, was surprised to see shipping was free. Not as good as the 20% off but still a great deal I am happy with. I only had parts 1 & 2 on the original DVD double pack and a regular blu release of TS3. Oh and if someone is looking for a good deal on the 10 disc toy box collectors set, that is $74.95 on disneystore.com and there is a 25% off code this weekend I believe. If I hadn't just gotten a 3D TV I would probably have gotten that one.

Just fyi, if you care, the Toy Story 3D box is barebones. To me, I'm kind of meh on many bonus features and I picked this up on a similar BN sale.
I already have the regular movie, I regret not picking these 3 up with I saw them on sale at BBY a few years ago for $15. I thought I had part 3 in 3D but I guess I never did.

Oh and if someone is looking for a good deal on the 10 disc toy box collectors set, that is $74.95 on disneystore.com and there is a 25% off code this weekend I believe. If I hadn't just gotten a 3D TV I would probably have gotten that one.
I always hated that they called this the "Ultimate" set, but it doesn't include 3D versions of the movies.

Well I was so thrilled with the 3D aspect of the deal that I didn't see that the set didn't include 2D discs so I ended up canceling my order and will just hunt down the individual 3D/2D releases

Well I was so thrilled with the 3D aspect of the deal that I didn't see that the set didn't include 2D discs so I ended up canceling my order and will just hunt down the individual 3D/2D releases
For what it is and the prices I saw several years ago this is your best bet for 3D, I've been keeping my eye in this, prices on eBay get close but not all the time.

If you don't have the movie period, I think your best bet is going through the DMC.

if you have a 3d tv or bluray player most can convert 3d to 2d.
Wait, whaa? I have a new LG 3D LED TV and a PS3. If this is doable then I may just keep them,

Found Lion King 3D for $24 used at my local indie chain today, now going to keep checking on Beauty and the Beast, otherwise it's off to Amazon UK for that one

Wait, whaa? I have a new LG 3D LED TV and a PS3. If this is doable then I may just keep them,

Found Lion King 3D for $24 used at my local indie chain today, now going to keep checking on Beauty and the Beast, otherwise it's off to Amazon UK for that one
I have an LG 3d from 2011 that I use with my ps3 and that converts it so I would think most likely yours could.

Yeah I'm pretty sure most 3D TVs can convert 3D to 2D. I have a Vizio and everytime I put in a 3D movie, an option to watch in 3D or 2D appears.

Nice find on Lion King. I picked up a brand new Target exclusive Lion King 3D for $34 on eBay. I also got Beauty and the Beast 3D used on ebay for $42. Those are the most I would ever spend on a movie, but I would think they will just get more and more expensive for the US versions.

My Toy Story 3D trilogy arrived from B&N today. I decided to test out the 3D to 2D conversion on my tv and it definitely works so I'll be holding on to this, can't imagine a scenario in which I'd need a set of 2D discs as my newest laptop doesn't have a blu ray drive anyways.

Edit - Frys has some 3D blus on sale for $18 - Star Trek Into Darkness, Top Gun, GI Joe Retaliation and World War Z

This may have been mentioned before.

Picked up 47 Ronin, Immortals and R.I.P.D 3D blu-ray set for $14 from Amazon UK.

Says it's region free....so hoping it really is.

Believe this only includes 3D blu discs.

I figured less than $5 per 3D movie is decent deal for movie night with the family.

I also know I'll never watch these movies in 2D.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/47-Ronin-3D-and-RIPD-3D-and-Immortals-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B00MCKN8EG?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluraycom-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00MCKN8EG&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I never watch Immortals or 47 Ronin but I did watch RIPD. That movie is horrible. I heard Immortals is bad too but I am interested in watching Ronin though.

Awesome. Thanks for your contribution.
You're welcome. I always try to help out and say if I think a movie is good or terrible, in case someone reading who hasn't seen the movie is wondering if they should bite on a deal. In this case, all of these movies are very bad and not worth buying, unless you absolutely want to own everything that comes out in 3D.

Got my Pacific Rim 3D from ebay today and another  Man of Steel 3D blu Collectors Edition for  $6.23!

Haven't seen 47 Ronin or RIPD but heard the latter is pretty bad. Immortals isn't really bad, just completely forgettable after you've watched it

Tempted for the cheap price and 3D aspect for ASM2 but the awfulness of the movie is pretty off putting.

Nice. 31.91 shipped for Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. My fiance will be happy. Thanks!
Beauty and Beast is a work of art in 3D, will make you said that 3d/2d films are not common place. Lion King is solid but didn't impress me as much. Heads up that Frozen and Maleficent are solid region free 3D as well and not available in US (sure CAGers here know that anyway).

Really tempted for frozen and beauty and the beast but I am really anal about packaging. Those UK covers just would bug me. Hmm

Really tempted for frozen and beauty and the beast but I am really anal about packaging. Those UK covers just would bug me. Hmm
What bugs me more than the ugly covers is the needlessly-thicker Blu-Ray cases they use in the UK. But since there's no Frozen or Maleficent option for the US...

Damn, no Big He

If you're waiting for U.S. releases, it could be a real long wait - support for 3-D keeps getting worse, not better. It's unlikely any 3-D will get released (or re-released) unless some significant management changes occur at Disney, and from what I here, they're doing just fine. Probably profitable to not manufacture them here. At least half the people I know don't want anything to do with 3-D because they don't want to wear the glasses.

What bugs me more than the ugly covers is the needlessly-thicker Blu-Ray cases they use in the UK. But since there's no Frozen or Maleficent option for the US...
You won't think they're "needlessly" thicker if they're sent to you in a bubble mailer, or if movers pack them at the bottom of the box.

It's a shame Big Hero 6 isn't among them, but that's probably not Region Free, knowing Disney and their increasing douchebagginess.

Looks like out of that list, the only ones I don't have are Frozen and Malificent.  Rest I do have because they were released here and thankfully, they were all pre-ordered.

EDIT: Ordered Frozen (which is a double-dip, as I have the US 2D release) and Malificent (which I don't have, as I couldn't get it during BF for $10).   Worth it for both of those for $31, even if I won't see them until the end of the month (Frozen is on a 9-11 day backorder).

Damn, no Big He

It's a shame Big Hero 6 isn't among them, but that's probably not Region Free, knowing Disney and their increasing douchebagginess.
No, cause it's not out yet. And two, it is more than likely region free.

Looks like out of that list, the only ones I don't have are Frozen and Malificent. Rest I do have because they were released here and thankfully, they were all pre-ordered.

EDIT: Ordered Frozen (which is a double-dip, as I have the US 2D release) and Malificent (which I don't have, as I couldn't get it during BF for $10). Worth it for both of those for $31, even if I won't see them until the end of the month (Frozen is on a 9-11 day backorder).
I'm surprised you don't have the UK steelbooks of the two (both of which have 3D).

No, cause it's not out yet. And two, it is more than likely region free.

I'm surprised you don't have the UK steelbooks of the two (both of which have 3D).
I hadn't been picking up the Zavvi steelbooks, which is why I don't have those. I should have picked them up, though I didn't.

bread's done
Back