3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has an Inside Out 3-D available for preorder. Could this mean Pixar is immune to Disney's anti-3D policy?
The last new Pixar release was Monsters U which was released here in 3D, but I guess that was right before Disney started this boycott in NA anyways.

I know Pixar also remade Ratatoullie in 3D and not only did it not come to NA, it was region locked. fucking assholes.

I could see Inside-Out going either way but if I were to bet on it I'd say expect Disney to fuck us over again, and that that page will be removed well before the movie releases on blu ray.

Then again, apparently the Disney Movie Club lists Inside-Out 3D for pre-order too so there's no telling at this point.

Last edited:
The last new Pixar release was Monsters U which was released here in 3D, but I guess that was right before Disney started this boycott in NA anyways.

I know Pixar also remade Ratatoullie in 3D and not only did it not come to NA, it was region locked. fucking assholes.

I could see Inside-Out going either way but if I were to bet on it I'd say expect Disney to fuck us over again, and that that page will be removed well before the movie releases on blu ray.

Then again, apparently the Disney Movie Club lists Inside-Out 3D for pre-order too so there's no telling at this point.
If it makes it to release, that'll be the telling item. Otherwise, unless I have it in-hand, I'm not expecting it to show up.

Little Mermaid 3D was pulled from the theaters and the BD version was hard to find after release.

Yeah, I'd imagine that it's a cheaper plan to release 3D bluray overseas and just expect the enthusiast crowd to import. I'm baffled at the strange release pattern of Ratatouille and Planes: Fire and Rescue though.

Yeah, I'd imagine that it's a cheaper plan to release 3D bluray overseas and just expect the enthusiast crowd to import. I'm baffled at the strange release pattern of Ratatouille and Planes: Fire and Rescue though.
Malifecent was another one that was 3D only overseas. I ended up importing both Frozen and Malifecent from Amazon.co.uk when they had their B1G1F sale.

I still see Little Mermaid pretty frequently at Walmart and Best Buy. In fact it's on sale right not at Amazon and Best Buy for $27.99
And has been "on sale" for quite awhile. I've never seen Little Mermaid 3D not in stock in at least one store since it's release.

Last edited:
Then I stand corrected about it being hard to find.  I do remember it being hard to find shortly after release, though I guess that was corrected at some point afterwards.

Na, you're right. The preorder was sold out. I remember it being out of stock for a long time. But even after that, the secondary market price never really went up. But it is actually out there now.

Na, you're right. The preorder was sold out. I remember it being out of stock for a long time. But even after that, the secondary market price never really went up. But it is actually out there now.
If you want it I would suggest picking it up now for $27.99. If The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are any indication, expect this to shoot up in price once it goes OOS. And Disney will NOT be printing more since they hate physical 3D.

If you want it I would suggest picking it up now for $27.99. If The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are any indication, expect this to shoot up in price once it goes OOS. And Disney will NOT be printing more since they hate physical 3D.
Just get the region free Beauty and the Beast 3D from the UK or somewhere. Even the 3D steelbook cost half what the US release is on eBay.

Just get the region free Beauty and the Beast 3D from the UK or somewhere. Even the 3D steelbook cost half what the US release is on eBay.
I got my 3D TV back in January and was checking ebay frequently for a copy of the US version. Got very close a couple times but finally scored a great deal over on the bluray.com forums, was in great condition, just no DMR or digital copy which was fine. Throughout my search people also kept urging me to get the less expensive UK or steel options but I am a stickler and had to have the US version.

I can't help it, I like my collection to be as uniform as possible. Now that I know Aladdin will be released in the next few months I can wait it out.

I did purchase Maleficent and Frozen 3D through Amazon UK though since that was the only way to get them. I just put the 3D discs in my US cases though : p

I can't help it, I like my collection to be as uniform as possible. Now that I know Aladdin will be released in the next few months I can wait it out.

I did purchase Maleficent and Frozen 3D through Amazon UK though since that was the only way to get them. I just put the 3D discs in my US cases though : p
What are you talking about? Mine are perfectly uniform.

1V0Wyyx.jpg

When it comes to steelbooks other than the disc there are no UK region markings. I can understand where your coming from with their rating logos but when it comes between price and availability I'll usually go the cheaper convenient route.

No doubt those are certainly sweet elessar.

skii, Kain you guys actually bring up points about the UK releases I don't like in general (cases, logos) . Usually I would go the cheaper route. I was close on a few auctions for the Beauty and the Beast and Frozen steels but just missed out. I stopped looking and just happened to check the bluray.com forums and found a great deal. I'm happy with the way my collection looks (other than my Cinderella blu in DVD case). Now I am at the point where I am caught up on Disney 3D releases but am going back to upgrade older Pixar titles from 2D to 3D 

If The Little Mermaid 3D made it onto US shores, I do not see why Frozen 3D and Malificent 3D won't eventually show up here. As much as Disney is supposedly said to be so against 3D, they are also in the business of making money and Disney is famous for milking their titles for all its worth. Before Frozen 2 hits theaters, you can bet a 3D version of the first movie is released here.

When it comes to steelbooks other than the disc there are no UK region markings. I can understand where your coming from with their rating logos but when it comes between price and availability I'll usually go the cheaper convenient route.
If by some fluke you manage to get a US Beauty and the Beast 3-D for under $20, good for you, but I am rarely so lucky. True that, in addition to no DC/DMA, the UK versions are also missing the DVDs (which isn't a big deal), Special Features disc, and DMR Points (unless you live in UK), unless they do a re-release (which they will no doubt do some day for B and B standard, but not holding my breath for a 3-D re-release) the UK is my only option.

If The Little Mermaid 3D made it onto US shores, I do not see why Frozen 3D and Malificent 3D won't eventually show up here. As much as Disney is supposedly said to be so against 3D, they are also in the business of making money and Disney is famous for milking their titles for all its worth. Before Frozen 2 hits theaters, you can bet a 3D version of the first movie is released here.
Seems to deny common sense, but then again, why didn't we see a FFVII re-release on PS2 (or was that PS3?) after the tech demo drew such excitement at E3 during the dawn of the hardware? Then there's Nintendo and their Amiibos. I won't even get started on them, except to say that, while I understand the power of artificial scarcity, they're making so few of some figures that, sure they sell out in milliseconds, and go for three times their value on day one, but Nintendo isn't making money on the aftermarket. In short, a lot of companies are doing things that defy common sense, to us at least. Making money might not be the sole motivator in their business decisions.

The bluray movie market is totally different from the game market so you can't compare the two. While, yes, Disney does control the demand and value of their blurays through scarcity similar to Nintendo's Amibos by taking movies in and out of circulation and making certain products available only in certain markets. But unlike games, movie studios do drive interest in an upcoming sequel by releasing a more definitive version of a previous movie. Frozen would be a perfect candidate as would Star Wars. Disney did all the work creating Frozen in 3D. Putting out a definitive version of Frozen including 3D and some new extras driving stronger interest in Frozen 2 doesn't seem totally farfetched. Now, if they can do something special for Star Wars. Seeing a 4k version come out would be incredible.

Upside Down isn't crappy, not that it matters, as it's sold out.
Yep, not scrappy at all. Paid $11.49 for the 3D combo at Amazon less than a year ago. For me, it's one of my favorite low-key sci-fi films. Right up there with Gattaca. Story a bit strange but beautiful visuals. If you can get your hands on it especially at this low price, get it.

You have to be on their mailing lists to get one, and it's a promo code that works on all of their sale items, plus it's a personal promo code.
Thanks for the info! Wonder why Fry's does it that way? Guess I'm shit out of luck at getting Spiders at this price, until I get on their mailing list then.

No doubt those are certainly sweet elessar.

skii, Kain you guys actually bring up points about the UK releases I don't like in general (cases, logos) . Usually I would go the cheaper route. I was close on a few auctions for the Beauty and the Beast and Frozen steels but just missed out. I stopped looking and just happened to check the bluray.com forums and found a great deal. I'm happy with the way my collection looks (other than my Cinderella blu in DVD case). Now I am at the point where I am caught up on Disney 3D releases but am going back to upgrade older Pixar titles from 2D to 3D
The most frustrating part of the Disney steels is the worthless rewards which are region locked (lol, region locked) and the lack of digital copy which has become heavily utilized by my kids. At this point I have all the Disney steels but completing and replacing the ones that are either wrong region, stripped down versions, etc. makes creating the best ones a lot of effort. In the end I'd likely prefer just looking for deals if I hadn't gotten into the collecting aspect.

The most frustrating part of the Disney steels is the worthless rewards which are region locked (lol, region locked) and the lack of digital copy which has become heavily utilized by my kids. At this point I have all the Disney steels but completing and replacing the ones that are either wrong region, stripped down versions, etc. makes creating the best ones a lot of effort. In the end I'd likely prefer just looking for deals if I hadn't gotten into the collecting aspect.
The digital copies are almost as much as buying the retail title. It's almost worth double-dipping and selling off the BD + DVD after redeeming the digital copy from the US release.

Not sure how many of you have FYE stores in your area, but I have 3 and the one always has a fantastic selection of used. They are currently running a buy 1 get 1 for $1 on all used. I picked up How to Train Your Dragon 2, Rio 2, Penguins of Madagascar and Sin City 2 all for $40. They also had lots of others and they pretty much all are priced between $14.99 and $24.99. This sale also works on box sets. Grabbed a Dexter complete series and Braking Bad complete series for just over $100. Usually they do B2G1 but this was just crazy good.

It's not one of those kids' movies that has adult appeal. Pixar quality, it ain't. I would only buy it if you've got kids or if you just absolutely have to have every 3D title that comes out no matter what.

i thought it was a good 3d movie for 19.00 so ya 9.99 i would. its not a great one like how to train your dragon but still was a good watch.
Yeah, my kids love it. The only thing I hate is that it's UV only digital code. It's better than most non-Pixar but not nearly as good as Pixar.

For those who still are members of Columbia House, they are having a $9.99 blu-ray sale. It appears to be the majority of their blu-ray stock including recent releases. If you buy 3 or more, you get free shipping.

This includes most of their 3D selections like:

The SpongeBob Movie

The BoxTrolls

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Guardians of the Galaxy

Hercules

Transformers: AOE

Godzilla

Amazing Spider-Man 2

300: Rise of the Empire

If you go by their listings by genre, not all blu rays will be listed. You might want to specifically search for titles as that is how I found the Exorcist 40th Anniversary version.

Titles will go out of stock such as Captain America: Winter Soldier 3D and Thor: Dark World 3D just did.

Allow me to be the token "Columbia House is still a thing?!?" poster. I just watched a great documentary about a guy who worked at the CD club as grunge blew up. (He was in marketing.)It was really pretty interesting.

Sorry for the OT. Carry on.

I just keep around my account for the occasional really good sale—too bad I already own all the non-documentary 3D stuff on sale--and paid a lot more more it!

Just an FYI, Columbia House has filed for Bankruptcy protection.  For now, I am sure it will be business as usual for anyone with an account but something to keep in mind if you were thinking of opening an account.  They are looking for a buyer but it is possible that it will just go away if they cannot.

At Best Buy this week (Amazon may have price-matched):

Gamer (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D)
$4.99
SAVE $5

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D) (Digital Copy)
$4.99
SAVE $5

Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D)
$4.99
SAVE $11

At Best Buy this week (Amazon may have price-matched):

Gamer (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D)
$4.99
SAVE $5

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D) (Digital Copy)
$4.99
SAVE $5

Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D)
$4.99
SAVE $11
Thanks for the heads up. Already got Dredd and Conan, will strongly consider Gamer now that it is this cheap.

I've had Gamer in my Amazon wishlist for a long time waiting to see if it would dip under 5 bucks and they matched BB today so I added it onto an order, shows out of stock though. If they match Conan I will have to grab it too. 

bread's done
Back