3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
The one with the picture is definitely a picture of the 3D version, hence the 3D below the title.

I think that it's either one of two cases:
1) as stated above, the second one's a placeholder
2) the first one is in a DVD case and the second one is in a Blu-ray case (Disney DVD case combo borders are usually gray while Blu-ray case combos are blue) and they just forgot to lower the price of the combo in the Blu-ray case

...but it's probably option #1

There are two versions of Lion King coming out, one is BD + DVD, the other is 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD + DC. Obviously the 3D version is the more expensive one.

[quote name='shrike4242']There are two versions of Lion King coming out, one is BD + DVD, the other is 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD + DC. Obviously the 3D version is the more expensive one.[/QUOTE]

Except that the cheaper one says Bluray 3D and has a picture of the 3D version.

[quote name='sp00ge']Except that the cheaper one says Bluray 3D and has a picture of the 3D version.[/QUOTE]

^this

I'm really hoping for a good bundle deal on this and BatB... and maybe some retailers will lower the price on Nightmare Before Christmas since that wasn't ever really on sale and didn't have a DMR coupon. Plus it'll be the beginning of October, great time for that flick to see a sale price!

[quote name='larrythefatcat']^this

I'm really hoping for a good bundle deal on this and BatB... and maybe some retailers will lower the price on Nightmare Before Christmas since that wasn't ever really on sale and didn't have a DMR coupon. Plus it'll be the beginning of October, great time for that flick to see a sale price![/QUOTE]

sigh... too bad i bought beauty and the beast and now its coming out the 3D version. good thing i didnt buy nightmare b4 christmas.

[quote name='trunks982']sigh... too bad i bought beauty and the beast and now its coming out the 3D version. good thing i didnt buy nightmare b4 christmas.[/QUOTE]

I bought The Nightmare Before Christmas on VHS, DVD, BLU and I just ordered the 3DBR new off of Glyde.com for $27 shipped. You would't believe how long it took me to figure out that the DVD had Vincent and Frankenweenie, which is getting remade for 2012, on it. :lol:

How limited do you think all these 'limited' 3d blu ray releases are? I don't have a 3d setup yet, And I wouldn't mind saving a few bones and getting some of these releases later... But there is a slight possibility That limited means limited And I won't be able to get titles like Thor later.

[quote name='sp00ge']Except that the cheaper one says Bluray 3D and has a picture of the 3D version.[/QUOTE]Looks like someone screwed the pooch on that one. Whoops.

Thanks guys, I think it's safe to assume the extra Best Buy listing is a place holder. I picked up the pre-order steelbook case for Lion King (it's the BD sized case by the way), can't wait to watch this in 3D! And BatB too...

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like someone screwed the pooch on that one. Whoops.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't looked at the BB.com listings, because BOTH listings state that they're Blu-ray 3D.

The one without a picture is more likely a placeholder that hasn't been deleted. I'm guessing BB feels that if people are going to pre-order it for more, then so be it... I'm sure they don't mind the few extra bucks.

Yeah a picture has just been added to it stating a Collectible lunch box

3508432.jpg

Lion King looks great in 3D. BatB...not as good. Really hoping we get 1.5 and 2 (Lion King) at some people. Not going to spend the money on that stupid drum.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Lion King looks great in 3D. BatB...not as good. Really hoping we get 1.5 and 2 (Lion King) at some people. Not going to spend the money on that stupid drum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah--who has space for ridiculously over-sized custom packaging--just give me normal BD cases. I had both the trilogy and Lion King pre-ordered, but just canceled the trilogy after seeing a youtube video of the drum packaging and how the discs were stored.

[quote name='KyleN']Yeah--who has space for ridiculously over-sized custom packaging--just give me normal BD cases. I had both the trilogy and Lion King pre-ordered, but just canceled the trilogy after seeing a youtube video of the drum packaging and how the discs were stored.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it never occurred to me that there is no actual case, just a glorified spindle. I'm sure that will be good for scratches. That sucks. We may not be getting it now, either.

[quote name='sp00ge']Wow, it never occurred to me that there is no actual case, just a glorified spindle. I'm sure that will be good for scratches. That sucks. We may not be getting it now, either.[/QUOTE]The sequels are coming as stand-alone releases next year:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chris1219/Lion%20King%20Diamond%20Edition/?action=view&current=IMG_1319.jpg

I'm canceling my trilogy pre-order from what I saw about the packaging, since it does just appear to be a glorified spindle. Similar to the Toy Box set for the Toy Story movies, it's not disc-friendly packaging. Probably the same for the POTC movies as well.

[quote name='KyleN']Yeah--who has space for ridiculously over-sized custom packaging--just give me normal BD cases. I had both the trilogy and Lion King pre-ordered, but just canceled the trilogy after seeing a youtube video of the drum packaging and how the discs were stored.[/QUOTE]

They are coming in 2012. I just flipped through the little booklet inside my Lion King 3D copy and saw artwork for 1.5 and 2.0.

I just saw that 3D BD run a little cheaper at Amazon.co.uk. Even when you factor in ~$8 shipping (assuming you buy several).

Does anyone want to venture a guess that all of these are region free and compatible with US players?

Looks like Harry Potter 7 part I is a Sony Exclusive. Possibly both parts to be a Sony Exclusive. There are rumors that Best Buy might have a hand in that exclusivity. Weak sauce.

The price of Drive Angry 3D BD just dropped to $11.99 on Amazon. Never seen this, but 3D BDs are never that cheap, so I ordered it.

Credit goes to DigitalBits for this Harry Potter "News".

In short:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]Warner got back to us with word that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 on Blu-ray 3D (which was never released theatrically) is going to be a Sony hardware exclusive. You'll be able to get it for free on 11/11 (with the 2D Blu-ray version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2) as part of something called Harry Potter 3D Experience if you purchase Sony's BDP-S780 Blu-ray 3D player, BDV-E580 Blu-ray 3D home theater system or TDG-BR250/DBL 3D starter kit (with 2 pairs of 3D glasses). Meanwhile, there's no word yet on an official U.S. release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 on Blu-ray 3D, even though it's already announced on that format for release in the U.K. on 12/2 (Part 1 is announced there as well). It could be that the title will be another exclusive here in the States, but you SHOULD just be able to import it from the U.K., as Warner BD titles are almost always non-region locked. It's also set for release in Canada on 11/11 with the regular 2D edition.

[Editor's Note: We've heard from a retail source that - in addition to Sony's 3D hardware exclusive on Part I - the Blu-ray 3D versions of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 AND Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 may be available exclusively in Best Buy stores on 11/11. They're not on Best Buy.com yet and we're waiting for confirmation from WHV on this, so stay tuned.]
[/FONT]

That really sucks that the only way to get 1,5 and 2 is by buying that one for 75 or more and 1,5 and 2 are not 3D so u still have to buy them again later when they do come out

Last edited:
[quote name='skiizim'] Drive Angry 3D is currently $11.99 on Amazon right now. Not the greatest movie but I'm sure a lot of you have wasted $12 on something else.[/QUOTE]

3D in this movie was pretty good I thought. I would definitely buy it for this price if I didnt just buy it for $30 at BB last week. Not worth $30, at all. I failed.

[quote name='skiizim'] Drive Angry 3D is currently $11.99 on Amazon right now. Not the greatest movie but I'm sure a lot of you have wasted $12 on something else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I ordered a copy, from the sounds of it, it was filmed in 3D. At least it has that going for it.

To the OP, and previous posters in this thread:

Thank you!

I'm (finally) getting a HD TV and 3D blu ray player soon, and this thread has greatly simplified my hunt for movies in 3D--not to mention, made it more affordable.

[quote name='Spacepest']To the OP, and previous posters in this thread:

Thank you!

I'm (finally) getting a HD TV and 3D blu ray player soon, and this thread has greatly simplified my hunt for movies in 3D--not to mention, made it more affordable.[/QUOTE]

Get a ps3 its alot better

[quote name='doubledown']Not sure how reputable PCRICHARD is, but they have the following for $15. Anyone know of any coupons:
http://searchresults.pcrichard.com/search/Category-DVD_Movies--keywords-3d_blu-ray

- Piranha 3D
- Monster House 3D
- Open Season 3D

I'm tempted to get Piranha[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it was just a problem with our PS3 or TV, but Piranha's 3D was all jacked up. We only got 5 minutes in and had to shut it off. It's almost like the 3D was backwards, made me feel like I was crosseyed.

[quote name='sp00ge']I don't know if it was just a problem with our PS3 or TV, but Piranha's 3D was all jacked up. We only got 5 minutes in and had to shut it off. It's almost like the 3D was backwards, made me feel like I was crosseyed.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way during the credits--they hurt my eyes. Afterwards, it looked fine.

[quote name='KyleN']I felt the same way during the credits--they hurt my eyes. Afterwards, it looked fine.[/QUOTE]

I hoped it was just the credits, but even into the movie, when the piranhas first emerge, it still wasn't right. I tried tweaking the TV settings, but that only made it worse :lol:. Everything else we've watched in 3D has been perfect, so who knows...

[quote name='starmask2k3']Get a ps3 its alot better[/QUOTE]

Oh yes! That's next on my shopping list. :D

My husband went out and bought like 10 blu ray movies yesterday, and our blu ray player isn't even here yet. Two of them are in 3D (Tron Legacy and How to Train Your Dragon), I can't wait to test them out. I'm thinking about picking up Drive Angry, as I already watched it in DVD and enjoyed it. Plus I have a few other movies backlogged, as I've only been buying movies that are DVD/blu ray combos over the past year in anticipation of getting a future blu ray player.

Its a freaking shame that Avatar is an exclusive right now.

And I must have spent half a day yesterday combing through our DVD collection, trying to decide what DVDs should be replaced with blu ray versions. Maybe other posters here could answer this question--is there much of a point to getting blu ray versions of movies and tv series made before the '90s (before cameras went digital)?

[quote name='Spacepest']And I must have spent half a day yesterday combing through our DVD collection, trying to decide what DVDs should be replaced with blu ray versions. Maybe other posters here could answer this question--is there much of a point to getting blu ray versions of movies and tv series made before the '90s (before cameras went digital)?[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Most Movies and TV shows are made on film which has a much higher resolution than even the current 1080P standard, so you'll see a marked improvement compared to DVD's. Check out some reviews for some older movies, some show comparisons between the DVD and Blu versions'

DVD Beaver has great comparison screens (and solid tech details) for a lot of movies: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/reviews.htm

[quote name='sp00ge']I don't know if it was just a problem with our PS3 or TV, but Piranha's 3D was all jacked up. We only got 5 minutes in and had to shut it off. It's almost like the 3D was backwards, made me feel like I was crosseyed.[/QUOTE]

Ive watched piranha 3D several times. looks good to me

bread's done
Back