3D Dot Game Heroes - Out Now - Relive your 8-Bit childhood.

[quote name='cgarb84']some of the older Zelda titles I never finished (looks at you Link to the Past!!!).[/QUOTE]

:eek: That is my favorite Zelda of all time! Go play it all the way through asap!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I haven't tried that. I will try that tonight![/QUOTE]

If you're able to make a character, transfer it to a thumb drive, then transfer it to a computer, that should let you know your thumb drive is in working order. If you can see the icon of the character you made when you transfer it to a computer, that should let you know the PS3 is not having problems with the data transfer. If that all goes well, it should just be a matter of reversing your steps.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']If you're able to make a character, transfer it to a thumb drive, then transfer it to a computer, that should let you know your thumb drive is in working order. If you can see the icon of the character you made when you transfer it to a computer, that should let you know the PS3 is not having problems with the data transfer. If that all goes well, it should just be a matter of reversing your steps.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. I will try it out tonight!

[quote name='cgarb84']Finally finished the game today. Loved almost every minute of it, makes me want to go back and play some of the older Zelda titles I never finished (looks at you Link to the Past!!!).[/QUOTE]

Heh, I just finished Link to the Past to prepare for 3D Dot Game Heroes. You should definitely get a game of LTTP going, it was still fantastic to play all these years later.

I just popped in 3DDGH for the first time this morning. I am just in the beginning village area, but I am already completely blown away by this game. I can't believe how good it is to have a brand new, old school Zelda type adventure to go through.

This game is amazing. I am so glad I actually got to buy it yesterday. I put it in today and was also blown away by it. The creator is awesome. I'm actually playing as Rorschach right now and I can see MANY play throughs happening with different characters. It is just pure awesome I think.

I beat the game finally. I had to do it twice because my game froze after beating the final boss. There are some good moments in the game, but I feel the game falls on its' face in the latter part of the game a lot. It's trying to be a JRPG in a 2D Zelda world, which doesn't really work out all that well. I mean, let me go over few of the finer points:

- Missable Quests/Items because you passed a certain point.
- Mini-Games to get certain items are extremely difficult.
- Very poor hit detection. Your hit box is as large as the creation grid, not your character. You'll get hit when you shouldn't.
- Shields suck; even the best one in the game doesn't work all the time

To Gamestop it goes!

Last edited by a moderator:
so i beat spelunker mode in 6.5 hours. now i have to sit here for 3.5 hours idle to get the last trophy and the plat. haha. guess ill trade it in to gamestop then.

Anyone else get hit & die after defeating a boss? The bosses sit there for a second then explode. You can still receive damage while they sit there getting ready to explode. It happened to me twice actually and I end up being warped back to the start of the level. So I warp back to the boss room only to find the Apple/Life Container it leaves behind is missing. I tried taking on the boss again but it wont drop. Pretty annoying. I guess I missed them permanently.

I will say I'm obsessed with leveling up the Giga Sword. I must have it!!!!

Ever get the game to work flameofdoom?

[quote name='Rodimus']I will say I'm obsessed with leveling up the Giga Sword. I must have it!!!![/QUOTE]
Where do you farm for money? Graveyard?

^ No, I'm farming at a spot to the right of the final dungeon with tons of Zombies. It's also a couple screens away from the inn (Jim's Inn or something like that). I was using a maxed out Excalibur until may Gigas Sword become stronger. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes for me to collect 9999 gold.

[quote name='dallow']Ever get the game to work flameofdoom?[/QUOTE]

My goal was to play it before my trip to Florida, but Amazon took so long I ended up not playing it. I came back from Florida and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is consuming my life. I have 201 stars though, so at 240- I will be free and can finally play 3D Dot Game Heroes. I am going to estimate that is sometime this weekend. I wanted the characters loaded and the game installed prior to me playing it though, and so far I can only do the latter. I still want to try to make a character, send it to the flash drive and then do the steps backwards. I will keep everyone posted on my progress, but thanks for asking!!

[quote name='Rodimus']^ No, I'm farming at a spot to the right of the final dungeon with tons of Zombies. It's also a couple screens away from the inn (Jim's Inn or something like that). I was using a maxed out Excalibur until may Gigas Sword become stronger. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes for me to collect 9999 gold.[/QUOTE]

you should really farm money in from mode instead of normal. takes only 8-10 minutes to get 9999 gol.

also, since i have this game platinumed, im looking to sell it. $30 shipped. pm with offers.

[quote name='8bitArtist']also, since i have this game platinumed, im looking to sell it. $30 shipped. pm with offers.[/QUOTE]
Lol? It's $30 new plus $10 gaming credit at some places.

Indeed. I'd say hold on to it. It's likely to increase in value down the line when it goes out of print. It won't be worth a lot, but you should be able to break even or make a small profit.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol? It's $30 new plus $10 gaming credit at some places.[/QUOTE]

its $40 new from what ive seen. i thought the gaming credit was only when preordered.

Got my Giga Sword maxed out last night. Once I got to a certain level I was collecting 9999 in about 10 minutes. Maxing out the beam was useless, could have done without that.

It's been an enjoyable game but it's not as fun as thought it'd be. Oh well, maxing out the Giga was fun at least.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you should really farm money in from mode instead of normal. takes only 8-10 minutes to get 9999 gol.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know you could change the difficulty during a game...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodimus']Didn't know you could chance the difficulty during a game...[/QUOTE]

you cant, what im saying is, playing through normal, beat it, start a new game + mode with from difficulty, then farm. itll save you time, trust me.

[quote name='8bitArtist']its $40 new from what ive seen. i thought the gaming credit was only when preordered.[/QUOTE]
*Ahem*

Seems like the deal just died today, but still.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you cant, what im saying is, playing through normal, beat it, start a new game + mode with from difficulty, then farm. itll save you time, trust me.[/QUOTE]

Well, when you put it that way, no thanks. It wasn't a big deal on normal anyways.

Who's still playing? Since I have 73 Xbox games and 9 PS3 games, my PS3 gets neglected at times. But I played a good 5 hours in the first couple days this game was out, loved it, and then I haven't gone back to it. I was at the entrance to the Desert Temple. Pretty sure I'm going to try that one tonight.

I need to pick this back up. I got distracted with Mario Galaxy then Mod Nation racers and haven't had the opportunity to get back to it yet. I think I'm right after the fire temple?

I'm playing it now, and I just got past the fire temple. What a great game.
I didn't realize at first that you have to beat the bosses without taking damage to get the trophy for them. So I just finished the last boss for which I didn't get the trophy; now I'm off to a few side quests and the wind temple.

I've been working my a$$ off recently (70 hours a week) and it's so nice to come home and play a few hours of this game. I sure hope they make a sequel or another one of these for another classic 8-bit game.

I don't know if it is just me or what but the game seems to have no where near the impact as Zelda. I honestly think I liked Alundra better than this. I will get back to it after I finish up Red dead.

[quote name='bjstucker']I don't know if it is just me or what but the game seems to have no where near the impact as Zelda. I honestly think I liked Alundra better than this. I will get back to it after I finish up Red dead.[/QUOTE]

That's because it doesn't--and it's not trying to be. It's a game that is a spoof of a bunch of other old games.

If you grew up playing Zelda and Dragon Warrior on the NES, then you'll get it. If not, I don't know how fun it's going to be for you.

[quote name='Matt Young']Who's still playing? Since I have 73 Xbox games and 9 PS3 games, my PS3 gets neglected at times. But I played a good 5 hours in the first couple days this game was out, loved it, and then I haven't gone back to it. I was at the entrance to the Desert Temple. Pretty sure I'm going to try that one tonight.[/QUOTE]

I swear, I left off at the same point. I blame the backlog ... it's getting ridiculous. I went through my ps3 games and realized of the 20+ I've got ... only bothered to finish 4. :cry: Not to mention there are probably at least a dozen games on 360 that I'm at the last stage/boss and haven't gone back.

I keep telling myself I will get back into 3DDHG at some point.

390248592.jpg

8 inches tall, 7 inches wide and 5 inches deep. a little under 900 wooden cubes individually glued together 1 by 1 and then painted. maybe someone from From Software will buy it from me. :p

^^^ Haha, I thought you said you weren't going to do another after your Goomba was made a while back. :) Looks cool though, good work.

[quote name='uncle5555']^^^ Haha, I thought you said you weren't going to do another after your Goomba was made a while back. :) Looks cool though, good work.[/QUOTE]

haha, i take it youre familiar with my work then? anywho, i dont actually remember saying that. this is actually my 3rd sculpture. 1st was the goomba you mentioned, the 2nd was a paratroopa (which you could see on my deviant art) and my 3rd was this.

given all the awesome custom 3DDGH heroes made, i make might another.

[quote name='jh6269']Haha, saw you on the 3D Dot Game Heroes' Facebook wall. Pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they linked to it, pretty cool. i sent the sculpture into joystiq and kotaku, but neither blogged about it. :cry:

Anyone else find this game a little difficult? I've been in the last dungeon for like an hour and a half but I'm only at the third boss.

I can not figure out how to get to the last dungeon.
I can't get past the purple tiles of instant death everywhere. Googled for a half hour to no avail

Am I missing something?

edit: as soon as I give up and make a post I figure it out.
miracle boots

Reviving this thread, because I revived my playthrough in this game.

Picked it up after more than a year, it really is a pretty good game. Trying to get all swords in my first playthrough.

Goddamn the minigames are a bitch. I beat the first dash circuit in under 25 sec (post patch), but that second dash circuit is a monster, even under 65 secs.

bread's done
Back