3D Dot Game Heroes - Out Now - Relive your 8-Bit childhood.

i think my skull came out absolutely PERFECT!

I'm trying to get the animation for the first 3 poses to look like an actual fire that grows and dies down over and over while he walks

[quote name='Jodou']Well, if you're going to take things out of context, why bother?

Actually, I don't care.[/QUOTE]

Except it's not used out of context in the way you wrote it.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Don't take this the wrong way and I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I really wish you would have used more blocks on her. Of course if you were going for a desired look or was pressed for time then disregard...

If you have a basic, flat, 2D shape to start with, you basically want to make 4-8 layers that are identical, then chip away from you character like a sculptor would and add definition. If you need pointers I'm sure theres a bunch that could help. You choice in colors on the final version are good, but it doesn't really require a giant talent to make these sprites. It takes getting used to at first, but if you have a general idea of what you're after and have some experience with the editor, you can usually bang em out.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was intentional to make that model with few blocks. Lara Croft is a tall and lanky character. I want to retain that look by not turning her body into stubby version.(Her head was already huge) Also, to make her boobs and butt looks dis-proportion for comical factor AND still retain all her bodily features, everything else has to shrink. I also focused a lot more on animation. To be honest, the still shots does no justice... Her hair sway, her head bobs and tilts when moving. In fact, each frame was carefully sculpted to mimic live action movements. Which is why you see blocks floating here and there in certain still shots of actions--making it look odd. When it's in fluid motion, it looks good. :)

All my models were created on kyucon.com first by drawing a flat pixel sprite before extruding it into 3D to ensure I have a solid foundation of how the sprite SHOULD look like. Then chipping it away until it either serves an animation purpose or closely resembles the sprite.

If you have a vision of how Lara should look, I'd be interested in seeing. That's best I can do. :/

I beat the second Temple last night. It was a lot harder than the first. I died three times before I was finally able to take down the boss. When should I get more bottles? I really need to carry more potions.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I beat the second Temple last night. It was a lot harder than the first. I died three times before I was finally able to take down the boss. When should I get more bottles? I really need to carry more potions.[/QUOTE]

Get ready for a harder time in the third temple!!!

I am expecting the game today. I tried to put 5 characters on my PS3 in preperation but was having difficulties.

Is it possible to add characters before a save file has been created? If so, HELP!

[quote name='Jodou']Well, if you're going to take things out of context, why bother?

[/QUOTE]

In which way did he take it out of context? You made a separate point to what he was referring. If anything, you were off base

Had to drive across town to another Best Buy to get this game, finally. They had about 20 copies just sitting on the shelf...so much for having to preorder. I have no idea what the BB near me was/is doing, but they still don't have their copies in. Oh well. I'm just glad to finally have this game! :)

the flame temple sucks so freaking hard. those things that take you down to nothing is ridiculous and then if you die, you gotta backtrack through the whole fucking temple cuz of those dumb blue/red switches.

Amazon is fucking pissing me off. I preordered the game, and have yet to receive it. The estimate was Saturday, and I called my mother and she said it has not arrived yet.

I am going to Florida on the 27th and I wanted to beat it before then....

I may just play Darksiders now, and then when I get back from Florida... I can play 3D Dot Game Heroes. Amazon is ruining my plan :whistle2:(

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Amazon is fucking pissing me off. I preordered the game, and have yet to receive it. The estimate was Saturday, and I called my mother and she said it has not arrived yet.

I am going to Florida on the 27th and I wanted to beat it before then....

I may just play Darksiders now, and then when I get back from Florida... I can play 3D Dot Game Heroes. Amazon is ruining my plan :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

just wondering what shipping speed did you choose? even when i choose free super saver i've received stuff faster than that.

Turned out pretty darn good I must say. I especially like the shape an anatomically correct skull itself. The poses and animations I chose seemed to fit well

I'll start with the hurray pose

BrilordPlains.jpg

move on to a walking pose

NuntraDesert_3.jpg

and finish with the attack pose

NuntraDesert_4.jpg

:p

you could easily download my skull and edit it to your liking. You really couldn't do better on the actual skull part. I spent a ton of time with real anatomy picture. Maybe change the color of the skull and the teeth from black to an off-white

I just did Samus Aran on the designer site (at work, can't do it in game)

tell me what doesn't look right. Shes two-handing her cannon-arm

480x480transparent-8.png

animated-14.gif

i'd definitely do her ball form, possibly for walking, if not the hurray form.

I think I will actually do her screw attack for the hurray pose, ball form for walking, missle and gun arm for attacks 1 and 2. that sounds good

Man the boss of the 4th temple made me RAGE. I had to go back to town and grab 2 health potions just to beat it. This game is starting to get tough, hopefully I will be able to beat it lol.

[quote name='cgarb84']Man the boss of the 4th temple made me RAGE. I had to go back to town and grab 2 health potions just to beat it. This game is starting to get tough, hopefully I will be able to beat it lol.[/QUOTE]

Next boss can be the hardest boss in the game. Good luck. :p

I hope that the Amazon gods will grant me the ability to play 3D Dot Game Heroes today.

I am starting to think my game is lost or something.... ugh.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Call them up or email them...if you have a tracking number contact the shipper to find out the ETA.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is the shipper, I preordered!

The ETA was Saturday................

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Amazon is the shipper, I preordered!

The ETA was Saturday................[/QUOTE]

Yes, Amazon shipped it out. However it was either to USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL at which point they're the ones who bring it to you. You should have a tracking number for provided by Amazon, especially if your ETA was last Saturday. Since it was Saturday, I assume your tracking number is a USPS number.

Now I've had a package gone missing in transit before when Amazon shipped through UPS. All you do to remedy that is to call or email Amazon about the problem and they'll look into it. It usually takes two business days after the ETA passes for them to refund or send a new copy, which ends after 7PM today if my incident was any indication of their procedures. Don't know if it's any different when they ship through USPS.

[quote name='Draekon']Yes, Amazon shipped it out. However it was either to USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL at which point they're the ones who bring it to you. You should have a tracking number for provided by Amazon, especially if your ETA was last Saturday. Since it was Saturday, I assume your tracking number is a USPS number.

Now I've had a package gone missing in transit before when Amazon shipped through UPS. All you do to remedy that is to call or email Amazon about the problem and they'll look into it. It usually takes two business days after the ETA passes for them to refund or send a new copy, which ends after 7PM today if my incident was any indication of their procedures. Don't know if it's any different when they ship through USPS.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, it was USPS. Blah. I will wait and see if it arrives today (I find out at 6pm). If it is a no show, I will call them.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I'd call em now personally[/QUOTE]

When my father gets home at 5, I will call and ask him if it arrived. If not, I will call before I travel home.

This situation is just annoying.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']alright, my samus is done. tell me what chu guys think

480x480transparent-11.png

animated-16.gif
[/QUOTE]

Very awesome!

The shoulders are soooo big, but you had to do that to get them round.

i had a bunch of Samus photos, comparing the NES, SNES, and Wii/GC titles. in the Wii/GC version, her shoulders are about the size of her helmet, so it would actually be to scale. The size I chose was about the perfect fit of rounded-ness compared to her helmet size without going overboard, believe it or not.

I'll be making her tonight. This was about my 5 or 6 iteration, so I kinda got her down pat.

I plan on making her hurray the screw attack from the wii version. I'm also doing her ball form, possibly while moving and dropping bombs as well. I might even make the ball explode from the bombs and hop. that would be kinda cool i think

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i had a bunch of Samus photos, comparing the NES, SNES, and Wii/GC titles. in the Wii/GC version, her shoulders are about the size of her helmet, so it would actually be to scale. The size I chose was about the perfect fit of rounded-ness compared to her helmet size without going overboard, believe it or not.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I never noticed.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I plan on making her hurray the screw attack from the wii version. I'm also doing her ball form, possibly while moving and dropping bombs as well. I might even make the ball explode from the bombs and hop. that would be kinda cool i think[/QUOTE]

Do all of that!

Hey, wow. That's actually a very nice looking Samus! I actually dig the huge shoulder pads. Only thing that looks odd is the huge hips/thighs. Samus sports a large upper body, but almost super slender from waist down. Maybe try another version with slimmer thighs?

Finally finished this and I'm glad the platinum is very hard to obtain because I have zero desire to play it ever again. Cool concept, but not as fun as it should have been.

[quote name='XClaude']Hey, wow. That's actually a very nice looking Samus! I actually dig the huge shoulder pads. Only thing that looks odd is the huge hips/thighs. Samus sports a large upper body, but almost super slender from waist down. Maybe try another version with slimmer thighs?[/QUOTE]

ill try that. I was kinda liking the big thighs/butt :whistle2:(

How do I get to the third temple exactly?

I went back and re-did the first 2 bosses with no damage
Trophiiz!!!
. I don't know...this game's okay. Not as good as I thought it'd be.

I needed some guidance for that, as well. This is copied and pasted from the guide I have been using. It does mention how and where to located certain items and a couple time sensitive evnts, however, which you may or may not want to know:

The path to Ortego Village

For more stuff to open up, we first have to travel to a new area. Head east from the castle and cross the bridge across the river. Follow the path around to the east (a chest containing a Sleeping Bag is along the way), until you reach sand. We want to go east here, but first make a quick detour north. You will soon see a chest near the water, behind a formation of 4 rocks on the grass. Open it for a free Magic Up. Then backtrack to the sandy area and head east into area F3.

When you enter the desert, you can explore the two staircases to the north to find 100 gol and a Small Block. Then head all the way east and around the path, following it north and then west until you reach grass again. Go north until the music changes for area F2 and then blow up the rocks blocking your path east with a bomb and continue. Follow the path east into G2, detouring for the staircase to the north if you want the Small Block in the chest, until you come to a sign saying Nuntra Desert is to the south. Go down the steps right next to it and traverse the small maze until you can head south into area G3.

You are now at Ortego Village. As usual, there are a number of available things before rushing straight to the next temple:

* Talk to the old lady near the entrance and she'll ask you to bring dancers from Raejack. Return to Raejack and talk to the two girls, Mina and Mary, who are standing north of the town square. They'll head over to Ortego. Note that if it's your first time talking to them, you need to go in a house and come back and talk to them a second time for the event to trigger. Afterwards, return to Ortego and talk to the lady near the weapon shop for a Life Shard.
* Open the chest in the northwest house for a Life Shard (approach the chest from the left).
* Buy another Empty Bottle from the salesman in the northeast corner of the village for 100 gol.
* Talk to the three people lined up below the northeast salesman for a little event. This is time-sensitive. It must be done before clearing the Desert Temple.
* The man in the house right above the entrance will ask you for 100 gol. Stay at an inn (there isn't one directly in this village) and then talk to him again, and he'll ask for another 100. Repeat the process 2 more times and he'll give you a Life Shard.
* Talk to the girl in the southeast house and accept for an interesting event...
* The girl in the potion shop will let you play Blockout. Beat all 5 levels for a Life Shard, and get a no-miss clear to earn a sword, the Luck Mallet. The game is significantly easier with a maxed out Wing Sword. See the Blockout section for details.
* The man in the central house will give you a Water Jar. Talk to the woman near the cat at the very south end of Colneria Village (which is just south of the castle) to receive Water. Return to the man in the house for a Life Shard.
* There is a Small Block in a chest just northwest of the village (go around it clockwise).

Tip

If you want to do these sidequests without backtracking, buy some Wind Wings from the shop and just warp. They are cheapest at the Ortego shop out of everywhere in the game.
To the Desert Temple

When you're ready, head to the southeast area below the town and enter the desert. The quicksand here seems tricky at first, but there is a simple method to always go the right way, which is to enter it from between two markers. On the first screen it is two cacti, sometimes it's rocks, but there's always a landmark telling you which way to go. Head south past the quicksand, down the stairs and then east, where you'll find Candata Inn. This is the only inn in the area. Simply refuse to pay the outrageous fees three times in a row and you'll be able to stay there for 5 gol a night. There is also a short sub-event here:

1. Talk to the old lady on the upper left.
2. Talk to the guy in the upper left corner.
3. Talk to the girl next to the counter.
4. Talk to the old man.
5. Talk to the boy by the bookshelf.
6. Talk to the old lady again to get 100 gol.

Also talk to the kid in the corner before or after and he'll tell you he wants to eat fresh fish, which is relevant for a later side mission. When you're done, exit and head south. Travel between cacti until you reach the southwest end of the area, and go south again. Continue until you reach more quicksand. You should be in area G5 by now. Enter the middle of the three center strips of it, and walk straight through the reddish patch onto the next strip. Then head east along the bottom of the area. If you continue all the way east, you'll find a bombable wall leading to a fairy fountain. Use it to heal if you wish, then backtrack a few paces and head up the stairs.

When you reach the quicksand on the plateau, take the west strip to reach the chest with another free Magic Up. After grabbing it you'll have to drop down from the ledge and retrace your steps. Take the east strip of quicksand this time to cross, and then follow the path all the way to the Desert Temple. You'll have to bomb the two rocks in your way just before reaching it. Enter the Temple.

I really need to play this some more. I haven't been able to for a few days.

it was hard to compact samus to do the screw attack pose. I may make it a bit different tonight/tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy with it

I thought about making her walking pose her ball form. The first pose would be laying a bomb. the second walking pose would be the bomb exploding and the ball hopping

[quote name='kurrptsenate']it was hard to compact samus to do the screw attack pose. I may make it a bit different tonight/tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy with it

I thought about making her walking pose her ball form. The first pose would be laying a bomb. the second walking pose would be the bomb exploding and the ball hopping[/QUOTE]

Make that too! That sounds awesome.

Once everything is finalized, I would love to download it :D

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I put it up on the georama site if you want it now. Ill probably work on a ball form tonight or tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I am still waiting on my game..... so no rush

bread's done
Back