3D Dot Game Heroes - Out Now - Relive your 8-Bit childhood.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am still waiting on my game..... so no rush[/QUOTE]

Damn, you still don't have your copy? I got mine Monday and it shipped the same time your's did. Hope you have it before the end of the week.

[quote name='Jodou']Finally finished this and I'm glad the platinum is very hard to obtain because I have zero desire to play it ever again. Cool concept, but not as fun as it should have been.[/QUOTE]

That's my initial reaction so far too, they took Zelda, mashed it up with the Zelda Oracle games, threw in a bit of Alundra for good measure and put it in glorious pixelated high res 3d. What came out was good, but something was still a bit off.

I'm not slagging it, but one thing I've seen on consensus is the timed side quests, that is something that shouldn't have been done or should have been done differently.

Plus the freakin'
wire-rod and the invisible teleport, I mean come on...:bomb: How would you know where to find it without help and you HAVE to have it to complete the game

I'm having fun, but I'm going to start playing without help again, I usually try to finish a Zelda game completely at least once, but the minigames in this game, have left me with little to no interest in doing them, and the trophies I was actively looking into until I saw some of them, then I was like, forget it, I'll go back to my apathy towards collecting them as usual. And don't even start me on trying to collect money, heh, what a hassle.

But with all that said, I am enjoying it, just wished some of the design choices they made could have been tightened up a bit before launching the game over here.

Tenative rating so far 8.0 / 10.0 (about 12 hours and 4 dungeons in)

I could have sworn I read somewhere that loading screens would be from a random ingame photos from the community...I keep getting the white wallpaper with 3D pixels art from the game. How do I get the other screenshots as loading screens?

[quote name='uncle5555']Plus the freakin'
wire-rod and the invisible teleport, I mean come on...:bomb: How would you know where to find it without help and you HAVE to have it to complete the game
[/QUOTE]

I found it while exploring because I whore the crap out of my mini-map and I was wondering what the hell there was an out of place red square doing on it. Also I'm pretty sure it's not required to beat the game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I could have sworn I read somewhere that loading screens would be from a random ingame photos from the community...I keep getting the white wallpaper with 3D pixels art from the game. How do I get the other screenshots as loading screens?[/QUOTE]
It's always been the box art parodies that would be on the loading screens. For a game with no online connectivity, how would it be able to grab screenshots that other players have taken?

[quote name='uncle5555']That's my initial reaction so far too, they took Zelda, mashed it up with the Zelda Oracle games, threw in a bit of Alundra for good measure and put it in glorious pixelated high res 3d. What came out was good, but something was still a bit off.[/QUOTE]
As for a bit off, how about some fucking leeway with collision detection? I'm almost positive that A Link to the Past allowed you to slide off corners when passing by them if you were hitting into it just slightly. The fact that if you're just one pixel off (and how can you tell since they're using imaginary boundaries if your character doesn't fill the box) you slam into walls is a horrible design flaw. I barely used the dash boots because it was more of a hassle hitting into everything and it doesn't cancel from room to room in dungeons.

Also, the powered up sword was so ridiculously overpowered that I found myself just button-mashing and swinging wildly to kill everything on the screen with no thought process. Booooooooooring. The only exception were the knights, which were based off the equally annoying 'cat warriors' (that's what I used to call them as a kid lol) that can't be hit from behind. Sometimes they'd turn when I was swinging and knock me into a pit. Pretty sure I woke the neighbors a couple times when that happened. . .

Lastly, why the hell when you're only allowed to face in four directions would your shield NOT BLOCK DIAGONAL PROJECTILES?! I had to reset so many god damn boss fights for the trophy just because of shitty design.

In conclusion, fuck my life.

Man... I'm having more fun making characters and animating them than playing the actual game! Here's Strider Hiryu I just finished:

Download here: http://www.thegeorama.com/3ddotgameheroes/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=630&p=2713#p2713

striderhiryu.jpg

[quote name='Jodou'] I had to reset so many god damn boss fights for the trophy just because of shitty design. [/QUOTE]

You are fucking pathetic.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']damn, that would make me not want to do the amazon thing ever[/QUOTE]

[quote name='uncle5555']Damn, you still don't have your copy? I got mine Monday and it shipped the same time your's did. Hope you have it before the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

It arrived yesterday! About fucking time! I am going to Florida next Thursday for five days, so I started another game while I was waiting for 3DDGH to arrive. I am abou halfway through Darksiders, but Amazon took so long that I may not be able to squeeze it in before Florida. Blah.

Regardless, I have many awesome characters to pick from :D

Wasn't the same true in Link to the Past?
That the projectile had to hit the shield in order to block?

Also, that Strider is really cool.
I've been using your Purple Tentacle lately.

[quote name='dallow']Wasn't the same true in Link to the Past?
That the projectile had to hit the shield in order to block?[/QUOTE]
If it's coming from in front of me, no matter what angle, it should be blocked. It would be a different story if I could actually turn at a 45 degree angle, but since you can't and your shield is meant to be a last line of defense -- it better block. From my experience, there's just too much inconsistency for it to be reliable in those situations but at times you have no choice.

When that happens, it's a failure of the programmer; not the player.

So, wasn't it like that in Link to the Past?

That's pretty much and old school gaming staple that I've always known and doesn't bother me at all.

[quote name='dallow']Wasn't the same true in Link to the Past?
That the projectile had to hit the shield in order to block?

Also, that Strider is really cool.
I've been using your Purple Tentacle lately.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that my work is being put to good use. :)

[quote name='Draekon']
I found it while exploring because I whore the crap out of my mini-map and I was wondering what the hell there was an out of place red square doing on it. Also I'm pretty sure it's not required to beat the game.
[/QUOTE]

No the dungeon after you get it you need it to move on, I got stuck because I didn't have it. (either that or I wasn't paying attention) Since I got downgraded back to my SD-TV I wouldn't have been able to see that
red square
you are talking about for anything.

Almost done now, still have no desire to platinum it, even more so since I saw the requirements for the
Giga Sword trophy...100,000 gol, I think not. :drool: and Spelunker mode isn't looking very enticing either. (reminds me of Legendary mode when I played Rygar on PS2)

On the last dungeon and last 3 bosses, so after 20 odd hours I'm ready to put it to bed and get back to Order of Ecclesia and Just Cause 2. I've had enough retro goodness for the time being.

Edit: I am loving the wasteland music though, some of the best in the game as far as I'm concerned. Groovy 8-bit chip tune goodness.

[quote name='uncle5555']Almost done now, still have no desire to platinum it, even more so since I saw the requirements for the
Giga Sword trophy...100,000 gol, I think not. :drool: and Spelunker mode isn't looking very enticing either. (reminds me of Legendary mode when I played Rygar on PS2)
[/QUOTE]
Money farming isn't so bad once you get to the graveyard. Just hang out to the north of it, right at the spot where screens transition, and kill the zombies that spawn there. One swipe can yield anywhere from 0-500 gol and they will reset every time you go up one screen and return. Sometimes they don't spawn at the north, so you just have to reset and try again. I was able to make five grand in just a few minutes there, so it goes quick.

jodou, what boss fighting are making you get nerd rage? they arent hard dude. theyre even easier when you go back later with a powered sword. i think i beat the bee in under 10 seconds.

[quote name='8bitArtist']jodou, what boss fighting are making you get nerd rage? they arent hard dude. theyre even easier when you go back later with a powered sword. i think i beat the bee in under 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]
Well the bee you can just bomb and whack until it's dead, so that was easy. I'm talking about when you're trying to do the no-hitter trophies and sometimes I'd get hit by a projectile at an angle. The best examples are the final two bosses, since you have projectiles flying everywhere. All the bosses are a joke once you get the pattern down, but I just hate being noobed by something beyond my control.

can you not get all the loading screens till you finish the game? I am stuck at 69. Even though I keep seeing new ones, the count won't go past 69.

That's what I'm wondering too.
Maybe in NewGame+ or From/Spelunker modes?

I'm at the final temple, and then it's the final boss after. We'll see.

Very nice, Phillip.

It's now been at least a week since I've played. Lack of sleep, DVR'ed shows taking up my entertainment time, and now new games.... I really need to get back to this, because it is fucking excellent.

I need help! I was waiting on 3DDGH for a while, and since I am leaving for five days, I havn't started it. I did put the disc in my system last night and install the game though. After that, I tried to put five characters on my PS3, but it would not work. I think I am following the instructions properly, but I can't seem to see any data on my flash drive (when in the PS3). HHHHEEELLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!! (Elite Beat Agents ref)

Folder structure is:

Drive>PS3>SAVEDATA>files

Then make sure you copy them from the drive to the ps3 from the xmb first.

[quote name='dallow']Folder structure is:

Drive>PS3>SAVEDATA>files

Then make sure you copy them from the drive to the ps3 from the xmb first.[/QUOTE]

I have it with that exact format. Maybe I will try another flash drive.

[quote name='dallow']The files aren't zipped right?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It looks like this right now:

G drive (flash drive)/PS3/SAVEDATA/

Once in SAVEDATE I have 5 folders. They are:

BLJM60180T001D0DEC4D832795A85E
BLJM60180T001FA710D4C727930770
BLJM60180T0015C1CD2E722793F1E8
BLJM60180T0015C1CD429027952009
BLJM60180T00248DA96EA5279314174

They are folders and not zipped. Within the folders, I have the following files:

DATA.EDT
ICON0
PARAM.PFD
PARAM.SFO

I know it is detail overkill, but maybe I am doing something wrong so it is necessary!

Thanks a lot :applause:

That's all correct.

Does your flash drive even show up on the PS3?
Remember, it has to be FAT32 format for the PS3 to read the files.

[quote name='dallow']That's all correct.

Does your flash drive even show up on the PS3?
Remember, it has to be FAT32 format for the PS3 to read the files.[/QUOTE]

That I will have to check. When I put it in, the PS3 see's the flash drive but no data is on it?

[quote name='dallow']I'm not sure if it shows up on PS3 at all or not.
Plug into the PC and check the drive properties.[/QUOTE]

The 'File System' is FAT. Is that right?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The 'File System' is FAT. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

I formatted it to be FAT32. Here's hoping!!

EDIT: Nope >.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']SAMUS!

BrilordPlains_1.jpg

NuntraDesert_5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kurrptsenate']
BrilordPlains_2.jpg

NuntraDesert.jpg

BrilordPlains_4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Can I have a link to download both of these?!

[quote name='kurrptsenate']sure

I also have that flaming skull and the octopus on that site[/QUOTE]

Link me up! :D

Sorry, I am in a rush. I am heading to the airport to go to Florida in an hour and I am still packing!

Regardless, all I can do is download the characters because I can't seem to figure out how to get them on my PS3 >.

i think im gonna give up on trying to platinum this beast. i got modnation sitting here waiting to be opened, but thats another game that would take ages to plat.

I just started playing the game and it's a ton of fun. Brings back a lot of memories from the past.

Couple of quick questions.

Are any trophies missable?

What is from mode?

[quote name='wildcpac']Are any trophies missable?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Not all trophies are possible first run, and you can easily miss a couple of events that prevent you from getting a trophy in that playthrough.

Finally finished the game today. Loved almost every minute of it, makes me want to go back and play some of the older Zelda titles I never finished (looks at you Link to the Past!!!).

[quote name='kurrptsenate']are you able to make a character and transfer it to a thumb drive?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried that. I will try that tonight!

bread's done
Back