3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

[quote name='MakaveliLPC']Anyone know any easy ways to transfer GS credit to Best Buy? It doesnt have to be a flip, it could be at a loss. I want this bundle and I have $300 in GS credit.[/QUOTE]

I second this, anyone?

If you're trying to transfer credit, even at a loss, then just eat the loss and buy the bundle at GameStop with your store credit. By the time you drive back and forth to Best Buy you've wasted your store credit, your time and gas money equivalent of about $40.

Got a straight up "we can't do both" at one Target. The other one I visited called the manager over and then she proceeded to think about it for several minutes before eventually arriving at the same conclusion. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

[quote name='Thrinn']Got a straight up "we can't do both" at one Target. The other one I visited called the manager over and then she proceeded to think about it for several minutes before eventually arriving at the same conclusion. Hopefully you guys have better luck.[/QUOTE]
Bummer.

I'm curious (and have a theory): Is that particular Target store close to other retailers that sell similar products?

I was able to get the deal at target plus the gift card. The first girl said she couldn't match since there was already a promotion, then called a manager and did it with no questions.

[quote name='JCrichton']Bummer.

I'm curious (and have a theory): Is that particular Target store close to other retailers that sell similar products?[/QUOTE]

Both were within a mile from a Gamestop or Best Buy.

I got the Pink 3DS XL at Best Buy. Target didn't have 'em and besides, I like the influx of points.

I'm glad I waited to get an XL over a regular one, the screens look fantastic even with my old DS games. Too bad I don't have time to play with it for the next few weeks.

[quote name='wilflare']called my local Target, they said no :/
should I go down and try anyway?[/QUOTE]

I would say no. Just a guess, but it sounds like only 25% are successful in getting the full price match.

Unless you have oodles of time to spare. After losing out on matching the $20 gift card offer, I have rationalized that I will just work a half hour of OT at my job, and use that $ to compensate for my "loss" and not spend that half hour arguing with customer service.

[quote name='darrenaero']I would say no. Just a guess, but it sounds like only 25% are successful in getting the full price match.

Unless you have oodles of time to spare. After losing out on matching the $20 gift card offer, I have rationalized that I will just work a half hour of OT at my job, and use that $ to compensate for my "loss" and not spend that half hour arguing with customer service.[/QUOTE]

realised i shouldn't have called and alerted them either :/

think i'll need to go down anyway. BestBuy no longer ships and Target is nearer.

Well, good luck. I know half the fun of this hobby is getting a killer deal. But when I don't "win" I feel like I've wasted my time. And time = money as they say.

[quote name='wilflare']called my local Target, they said no :/
should I go down and try anyway?[/QUOTE]
I say give it a go. It's massively easier to say no over the phone than it is in person when company policy is to PM.

I would give it a shot at Target in-store. Associate told me ahead of time that I would get a gift card with it as well as the savings. You should know within a couple of minutes if it is going to work or not. If it doesn't, just grab it at Best Buy.

Wow all the Best Buys near me seem cleaned out of XL Bundles. I put an in-store pick up order on Sunday, hope they actually set one aside since I won't be able to get to the store till Friday after Finals are done. Maybe I'll hit up Target first to try and score the GC as well, but won't be surprised if they don't bite.

Hey all! I made an account just to say thank you for all the great information regarding 3DS XL pricing - finally managed to pick one up! :)

(Had to wait for probation period to expire though, haha)

[quote name='predseth']I would give it a shot at Target in-store. Associate told me ahead of time that I would get a gift card with it as well as the savings. You should know within a couple of minutes if it is going to work or not. If it doesn't, just grab it at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

target team member here. was looking to walk out with $159.99 XL with a $20 gift card and 15% savings from my team member discount + redcard. Instead, I got nothing. The two female gstls at my store have been really stressed (read: pmsing) lately and were giving me a hard time just doing the price match. gift card was out of the question but the last straw was the price match negating my employee discount!!

I was so irritated I told them I'd rather get it at best buy for reward zone points or whatever than save the measly 5% with my red card

they practically brushed me off from the beginning of the near 10 min back and forth and as a customer (we call them guests), I would've been extremely put off. While I do enjoy working there and like almost everyone in the store, I was seriously almost angry enough to leave them with a choice parting comment or two.

in conclusion, don't go to super target in roswell, ga expecting much of anything but a hard time and borderline disrespect

Was waiting to get in a Vita or 3DS and this deal pushed me over. Ended up getting the flame with the 3D Mario preloaded. Also picked up Starfox 64 used and a $10 case. Used my Chase Freedom card to get 5% cash back. I really hate shopping at Best Buy though. Got hounded to sign up for a credit card by two employees. I understand its there job but don't get pissy at me when I say no.

kart bundle was sold out earlier which made me regret not getting one, but popped up just now at a local store, so I grabbed it for in-store pickup. hoping I don't regret going the opposite manner, now... but figure I can prob sell it for not much less if I do end up regretting.

[quote name='stewie75']kart bundle was sold out earlier which made me regret not getting one, but popped up just now at a local store, so I grabbed it for in-store pickup. hoping I don't regret going the opposite manner, now... but figure I can prob sell it for not much less if I do end up regretting.[/QUOTE]

you can always return it as long as you dont open it, with that being said it would help to make a list of games ur looking forward to on the 3ds or DS.

Which brand of screen protector would you guys recommend for this thing? I played a lot of Elite Beat Agents on my old fat DS and, as a result, the touch screen on that thing has been scratched to hell. I intend to play loads of EBA and FF Theatrhythm on this sucker. :D

[quote name='PikaPichu']Which brand of screen protector would you guys recommend for this thing? I played a lot of Elite Beat Agents on my old fat DS and, as a result, the touch screen on that thing has been scratched to hell. I intend to play loads of EBA and FF Theatrhythm on this sucker. :D[/QUOTE]

Hori brand screen protector for teh winz! They are OOS at Amazon direct but you can find them in Toys R Us stores for the same price -- $8.99

are you guys happy with your 3dsxl? I got mine yesterday but still debating whether i should keep it or return it for the regular 3ds.
help me decide. plz.

[quote name='shibaraski']are you guys happy with your 3dsxl? I got mine yesterday but still debating whether i should keep it or return it for the regular 3ds.
help me decide. plz.[/QUOTE]
I always prefer the XL models of the DS systems. Loved the DSi XL and even though it's only been a few days I vastly prefer the 3DS XL. But honestly, it's completely up to you and your preferences.

I cancelled my in store pick up order and rebought it along with a Nerf Case, $19.99 Super Mario 3d Land, and $29.99 Professor Layton (after price matching Kmart on Mario). Receipt verified that I received double points on everything.

[quote name='HydroX']Hori brand screen protector for teh winz! They are OOS at Amazon direct but you can find them in Toys R Us stores for the same price -- $8.99[/QUOTE]

Amazon and TRU online were both out of stock, but TRU came back in-stock online yesterday. It wouldn't let me use ShopRunner so the shipping kills it but better than paying inflated 3rd party prices at Amazon. (I'm 40 miles away from a TRU).
So soon after I did that Amazon allowed orders again even though they don't have stock.
I probably should have checked local Wal-Mart, just in case.

[quote name='Psybuster']Wow you got them to PM the Mario games and got the 20 off two 3ds titles? That's sweet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, someone mentioned it in the Kmart sales thread. After price matching, the $20 off two qualifying games is done automatically. I was thinking about picking up Paper Mario and my total would have only been $39.99 for both games after price matching and automatic discount.

So last week at Toys R US I got a $42 gift card with my 3DS XL MK7, will TRU price match Best Buy? If so, that would be overall the best deal, right?

Otherwise I'll probably try to pick it up from Target or Best Buy. And I'll try to get $40 off two Mario 3DS games from BB as well.

Also, any good clam shell cases that allow you to play your 3DS XL out of? I have one for my DSi XL, but I haven't seen any for 3DS XL.

[quote name='shibaraski']are you guys happy with your 3dsxl? I got mine yesterday but still debating whether i should keep it or return it for the regular 3ds.
help me decide. plz.[/QUOTE]

unless you have small hands or are comfortable w/the 3ds or just can't live without a purple 3ds (over the 3ds XL) the extra $ is worth the upgrade. mainly for the extended battery life and larger screen. Buying a battery pack would still cost you almost as much as just getting the 3DS XL at $159.99 (vs. $129.99 for the 3DS + nyko battery pack)

a lot of us have gotten over the limited color selection, a case will solve that problem to a degree...and if you don't already have Mario Kart, it's a pretty sweet deal.

in other news...GS is offerring the 3DS used for $119.99, where as BB is offerring the 3DS NEW for $129.99. lulz.

Even without the possibility of getting the $20 GC I'm still tempted to pick one up.

I've got a few questions for 3DS XL owners. What is the battery life like on the 3DS XL if you're primarily playing DS games on the medium brightness setting? How well do DS games upscale when played at the full screen setting? When you play DS games at their native resolution, is the image larger than a DS Lite screen?

[quote name='LD_Helix']Yeah I know, wish there was a way to transfer those games....

Is there a way to transfer those games? Definitely hit this deal if there was.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you can transfer.

Transferring is easy (just select system transfer from both systems and follow the onscreen prompts, even has really cool pikmin animation with it) BUTT (Khardasian size) you have to use your old memory card in the new system (unless you back up the memory card data to your pc then transfer it over). Really annoying

[quote name='100xp']unless you have small hands or are comfortable w/the 3ds or just can't live without a purple 3ds (over the 3ds XL) the extra $ is worth the upgrade. mainly for the extended battery life and larger screen. Buying a battery pack would still cost you almost as much as just getting the 3DS XL at $159.99 (vs. $129.99 for the 3DS + nyko battery pack)

a lot of us have gotten over the limited color selection, a case will solve that problem to a degree...and if you don't already have Mario Kart, it's a pretty sweet deal.

in other news...GS is offerring the 3DS used for $119.99, where as BB is offerring the 3DS NEW for $129.99. lulz.[/QUOTE]

The nyko pack is frequently $5-$15. Not to mention its still basically double the life of the XL battery.

[quote name='100xp']unless you have small hands or are comfortable w/the 3ds or just can't live without a purple 3ds (over the 3ds XL) the extra $ is worth the upgrade. mainly for the extended battery life and larger screen. Buying a battery pack would still cost you almost as much as just getting the 3DS XL at $159.99 (vs. $129.99 for the 3DS + nyko battery pack)

in other news...GS is offerring the 3DS used for $119.99, where as BB is offerring the 3DS NEW for $129.99. lulz.[/QUOTE]

Would it be unreasonable to charge $100 for my used (mint condition) 3DS?

[quote name='HydroX']Hori brand screen protector for teh winz! They are OOS at Amazon direct but you can find them in Toys R Us stores for the same price -- $8.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch! I picked up a couple from my local TRU for $8.99 (ea). I am now one happy camper :D

I still might pull the trigger on a 3DS XL (waited too long for the Mario Kart bundle), but I'm struggling in terms of funds. I'll get 50 back from the AMEX/Bestbuy promo, but still. The only reason I'm considering it now is because I just got hired for a job starting soon.

If the Mario Kart bundle comes back in stock for shipping or store pickup near me I think I'll succumb and just sell my old 3DS to recoup the money.

aite thanks man. i think im gona stick with my xl.

Complained to Target Corporate because of the poor service I received. Didn't ask for the gift card, just explained that the associates didn't handle it appropriately. They're sending me a $20 gift card anyway. So, in the end I guess I am getting the promotion. Whatever.

Just got my 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle price adjusted at BB today! Took them awhile to figure everything out since there was a $20GC involved last week, but they just ended up giving me another $20GC for the difference; which I was more than happy with. Last week, I got the XL for $199 with a $20 GC, Just Dance 4 and Angry Birds for the Xbox For $40/ea with a $30 GC, plus an extra $25 gift code for the $250 in store pick up deal they had last week. So all told, I got JD4, Angry Birds, and the Mario Kart 3DS XL for just a shade over $300, with $95 in gift cards in return, plus the RZ points I will earn on the transaction. That is how a true CAG does it!

Has anyone tried stacking Target's $10 gift card after buying $50 or more coupon after price matching Best Buy's price with the free $20 gift card?

bread's done
Back