4000 XBox Live Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars DLC- $59.95 *GameDealDaily.com 7/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

Nearly a year ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated with providing CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Our calling card is our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. Last fall we also added our Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prize and how to enter.

As we enter our second calendar year in operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: 4000 XBox 360 Live Marketplace Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars Honor Guard Wraith DLC - $59.95 NEW

2cct4jd.jpg

b68rx3.jpg

jg7fkg.jpg

Microsoft Points enhance game play and entertainment on Xbox 360. Redeem them on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for exclusive game content, arcade games, themes, HD movies and TV Shows, and more. Microsoft Points can also be used to purchase music in Zune Marketplace.

Saints Row 2 is brand new and factory sealed! Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis. As leader of the Saints, you'll have to do whatever it takes to protect the members of your gang from new enemies, including the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs.

The Honor Guard Wraith is a Covenant vehicle and also a special in-game item, included in the recently released Halo Wars Limited Edition. It is a more ornamental version of the standard Wraith, similar to the "Flame Decal Warthog". Only its appearance is different, as it has a paint scheme that appears similar to the Halo 2 Sangheili Honor Guard armor hence the name (Honor Guard Wraith.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Gamedealdaily.com will buy back your games! Don't accept Gamestop's ridiculously low trade-in prices! We buy games, accessories, and systems, all the way from NES to PS3. You can check out many of our trade-in prices at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

If you would like to trade in games that aren't on the list, shoot me a PM or send an email to the site and we will send you a trade quote. Payment for your trades is sent through Paypal (we will pay the Paypal fees) or by money order, so you will be able to spend the money on whatever you like.

Here are the prizes for the period of July 6th - July 20th:

First Prize - Fallout 3 (Playstation 3)

wv8wed.jpg

This Fallout 3 game is brand new and factory sealed!

Vault 101 -- Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Second Prize - Lost Odyssey (XBox 360)

2yns0td.jpg

The second of two epic RPG projects for Microsoft by Mistwalker, the studio founded by Square-Enix's Hironobu Sakaguchi. You play as Kaim, a man who's been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. The game's storyline takes you through Kaim's life as he lives through multiple generations, becomes a part of many families, falls in and out of love and gets into conflicts. All this is set in a world that is on the verge of a "mystical industrial revolution," where mankind has attained dark powers.

Third Prize - Halo Wars Spirit of Fire Patch + Leader Cards

210kfw5.jpg

Embroidered ship emblem patch. It is actually a rubber emblem of the Spirit of Fire. The 6 Leader cards show information on all six UNSC and Covenant leaders (three leaders for each faction): Captain James Cutter, Sergeant John Forge, Professor Anders, the Prophet of Regret, The Arbiter and the Brute Chieftain.

Fourth Prize - Halo Wars Genesis Graphic Novel

6fupz6.jpg

A graphic novel and prequel to the game, based on the first military campaign against the Covenant.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='newlu']BTW bigdaddybruce44, I just received the transfer cable yesterday, the on order method worked like a charm.
God bless you[/quote]

No problem. I found out about it on CAG, as well, so it was only right to pass it along. There's no good reason to spend $30+ for one on eBay.

You prefer Sixaxis over Dual Shock? That's weird.

Whenever I play a game like Resistance, or play any game with a Sixaxis (especially MGS4), I always think my controller is broken. It just feels wrong without the rumble.

And I may be eavesdropping and this may be totally unrelated, but if anyone needs PS3 controller charging cables, monoprice.com has them for under $1. I ordered 3 10-foot cables and an HDMI cable and it was $8 shipped.

Yeah I don't like heavy controllers. Rumble has never been a turn on for me either. So the sixaxis controller was a blessing to me. I had 2, but spilled coke on one and stopped working completely :( My only complaint is that when I use my 360 controllers they feel soooo heavy. Heh

[quote name='AceHazard']I'd be careful with the 360 battery. Its used so who knows how long it will hold a charge for.[/quote]
This is pretty much what kills the deal for me.

His stuff is generally "used" in the sense that it's not in retail packaging. He probably gets a lot of store returns and such from his source. Not saying some of these weren't actually heavily used, but I just doubt it. I see he also has the cable for $3. So, for $11 shipped, I'm betting you get a like-new Play & Charge kit.

I've gotten used battery packs about 2 years ago that were medium used and they are STILL going strong and have strong charge life.

I've also bought used 360 battery packs long ago that still go strong, but I'm sure there's more than a few duds out there.

I just really hate paying more for shipping than for the item I'm buying, well I hate paying for shipping in general. It's like paying for sex and I'd imagine you feel dirty afterwards. :lol:

[quote name='jp0213']I've gotten used battery packs about 2 years ago that were medium used and they are STILL going strong and have strong charge life.[/quote]
I call BS! Anything from M$ lasting two years is farce.

Yeah...

I myself have a battery pack that just won't charge anymore. When I plug it into my controller, I can't even boot up the controller. Then when I place it in the charge station it has a red light, then quickly switches to green...stating the battery is charged fully. But again, when I put it in my controller...nothing.

Although 2.95 would be worth it...the shipping does unfortunately kill the deal for me. I'd rather just get a brand new one for 5 bucks more and not have a chance at it being used too much...

[quote name='Jodou']I call BS! Anything from M$ lasting two years is farce.[/quote]

My buddy has my launch Core unit and it has never had the RROD. Of course now that I say that it will die on him. My 360 I've had for 2 years, not a single problem. I have a 30GB zune for around 2 years and it is still alive.

Don't forget that these are just the battery packs, so you need either a Play-And-Charge or a Quick Charge kit (or their 3rd party alternatives) to charge them.

I've had these battery packs for as long as I've had a 360, which is going on 2.5 years now, and I'm starting to move away from them. Out of the five I've had, one is pretty much dead/useless, two are working with about a half lifespan on them, and the other two are working good with "normal" lifespan.

I've found that rechargeable AA's work as a better solution than MS packs, at least for me. Again, just my personal situation with the battery packs, though as we've seen above, other people have no issues with them whatsoever.

I picked up a few. Even if 1/2 are duds then it's a good deal. I suspect that it will be less than that. I've got a couple systems in the house so having multiple charged replacement batteries is nice. Saves on the household fighting.

The battery packs are just rechargable AA batteries if you open them up. And I have the same experience as shrike, i have 2 packs and one of them barely lasts for an hour it seems. If I dont use that one within 2 weeks, the charge is completely dead. If you have a Wii or other devices like Rock Band instruments that use AA batteries, it's better to invest in some Eneloop batteries and share them amongst your devices

if you get some duds remember that GS gives $4.25 for them. I had one that wouldn't hold much of a charge so I traded it a few weeks ago. I still have my 2nd pack that works alot longer and then use rechargeables as a spare.

It's people like me why I don't buy used accessories. :D

Just go buy some AA lithium batteries (the kind they recommend for cameras). Those things last a long time.

My 360 batteries died within 2-3 years and can only hold a charge for a couple minutes. I always waited till they reached empty to do the recharge and never interrupted the recharge either. Now I may look into regular AA rechargeables, but not sure where I should buy those. Maybe will try Amazon, but some of the reviews say problems for regular rechargeables like not having the right batteries included or taking 4 hours to charge.

[quote name='rlb543']shipping murders this deal, even shipping for 5 is 10 dollars which is a little hard to believe[/QUOTE]

So the total price for 5 would be $25 shipped. That's one-third of the retail price on these things.

You win drfrielgood. Despite my numerous attempts to contact you to get a refund on that bluetooth headset (which didn't work) I ordered I lost the Paypal escalation due to Paypal claims only applying to the shipment of goods (I guess I should have read that user agreement). Now I'm out ~ $15 bucks + ~ $3 to ship it back.

[quote name='i23mix']You win drfrielgood. Despite my numerous attempts to contact you to get a refund on that bluetooth headset (which didn't work) I ordered I lost the Paypal escalation due to Paypal claims only applying to the shipment of goods (I guess I should have read that user agreement). Now I'm out ~ $15 bucks + ~ $3 to ship it back.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just noticed my PM box was full! I just sent you a PM, we'll get this situation corrected.

Hey drfrielgood, do you have any of these in black for the same price? I'm looking to order 2 or so, but I have one black controller right now.

Would want 4 of these but with shipping it's $20 and then I would need a charger. Can anyone recommend a good AA rechargeable set?

[quote name='lanleague']Would want 4 of these but with shipping it's $20 and then I would need a charger. Can anyone recommend a good AA rechargeable set?[/quote]

i would also like to know a recommendation of rechargeable AA batteries...

these battery packs just aren't holding up for me anymore....

Enerloops FTW as rechargeables. I've been slowly switching out my disposable batteries for them, and they're well worth the money.

They keep their charge quite long, they hold their charge unused for quite a few months, and they have a reasonably quick recharge cycle.

Costco has a nice starter kit with 8 AA's, 4 AAA's, 4 D-sized shells to make batteries into D's, 4 C-sized shells (same thing, for C's), and a charger. $26 for the kit.

Otherwise, you can find them online on Amazon for about $10 for a 4-pack.

Eneloops are definitely the best AA batteries you can buy. You can get either a USB charger for them or a regular charger.

For what it's worth, you can also open up your Microsoft battery packs and put Eneloops in it when the old batteries go bad.

[quote name='shrike4242']Enerloops FTW as rechargeables. I've been slowly switching out my disposable batteries for them, and they're well worth the money.

They keep their charge quite long, they hold their charge unused for quite a few months, and they have a reasonably quick recharge cycle.

Costco has a nice starter kit with 8 AA's, 4 AAA's, 4 D-sized shells to make batteries into D's, 4 C-sized shells (same thing, for C's), and a charger. $26 for the kit.

Otherwise, you can find them online on Amazon for about $10 for a 4-pack.
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Great.Thank you

[quote name='eastx']Eneloops are definitely the best AA batteries you can buy. You can get either a USB charger for them or a regular charger.

For what it's worth, you can also open up your Microsoft battery packs and put Eneloops in it when the old batteries go bad.[/quote]

I always thought Eneloops were better for items that you don't use much as it stores the charge longer. Does it matter that much for a 360 controller if you use it for a few hours a day?

[quote name='shrike4242']Enerloops FTW as rechargeables. I've been slowly switching out my disposable batteries for them, and they're well worth the money.

Otherwise, you can find them online on Amazon for about $10 for a 4-pack.[/QUOTE]

I believe they aren't proclaiming those as Hybrids right? still NiMH?

I know Rayovac has some labeled Hybrids that they say act like Alkalines because they hold their charge very well.

I have had batteries in all 4 of my wiimotes and they get used all the time, alot on Fridays and I only had to charge a pair like once a month.

Now any others would be dead by friday nite... plus throw them back in the drawer like mine and take it out 3 weeks later, no change in battery status on the wii, still 3/4 full like I left it.

For a 4 pack they are like 8... not cheap but good enough. Hard thing is finding them, Rayovac batteries have been going away.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I always thought Eneloops were better for items that you don't use much as it stores the charge longer. Does it matter that much for a 360 controller if you use it for a few hours a day?[/QUOTE]

You're on the right track. Whether you use a device with rechargeable batteries a lot or a little, normal rechargeable batteries are constantly losing their charge when not in use. Eneloops don't lose a significant amount of their charge (if any) when not in use, so the net effect is that they need to be charged less frequently. They cost a little more, but they will go a lot longer before wearing out.

I stopped using the Rechargeable Battery Packs after they kept losing charges probably due to the lousy play and charge kit that I had been using. Eneloops are fantastic, not only do they last about as long (if not longer) as non-rechargeable AA batteries, but they can still hold a charge if you stop using them for a few weeks.

In for 3 packs. I have play n' charge cables, but I think I'm going to spend the better part of today looking for good deal on a quick charge kit. :)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']How are they cheap? They're the same, exact thing as a DS3 without the rumble. The only reason you're saying they are "cheap" is because they are light. And obviously, that's because it doesn't have the motors for rumble.

Not for nothing, but if these are in very good condition, and his stuff usually is, that's a good deal for an official PS3 controller.[/QUOTE]Exactly, and containing motion control brought up its pricetag. I had no problems with the weight of the SIXAXIS and felt they were fine; however, the one reason I use a DS3 over a SIXAXIS is because I don't have disconnect issues with the DS3 (SIXAXIS can have disconnect issues if you have lots of wireless devices running at various frequencies in your home).

I could use another rechargeable battery pack on my 360 since I only have one. However, I kind of hate them at the same time because the one I have only lasts for like a few hours on a charge (so normally my controller is wired). I already have a play and charge kit so I can just purchase another battery. But at the same time, I kind of worry about both my controllers needing to be charged at once.

I agree with the Eneloop comments. Bought a few AA 4-packs for $7 from HH Gregg and the pack from Costco and I'm good on rechargeable batteries for a while.

I would probably have bought this if I had gotten the play-and-charge kit earlier.

Updated with today's deal for a 12 Month XBox Live subscription card, plus Space Chimps for the XBox 360.

Very limited number of these. They WILL sell out within the next hour or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird... $35 is a good price for the sub card, but... Space Chimps. I just can't buy it now... i just don't want that shit in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back