4K Blu-ray deals & discussion thread

anderson4145

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A few people have mentioned that we should start a 4k thread. Hopefully if this is popular enough that a mod will make it permanent. To start off so far I've wathced Pineapple Express, Chappie, and Enders Game in 4k. I thought Pineapple and chapple looked great, they were crisp and the colors were fantastic. Enders looked better than the 1080p blu but wasn't as impressive. 

I know best buy is going to have $17.99 4k movies on black friday, I'm hoping for some $15 one though.

4k price tracker

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?retailerid=1&sortby=price&category=4kbluray

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanflix has some digital movies for only $2.99(slickdeals has the thread about them) and they can convert to 4K through certain services. I bought Lala land. It is my first digital purchase. I prefer a disc but Lala Land wasn't on sale for Black Friday and I haven't seen it on sale in 4K so I figured only $2.99 is worth it.  Question though, I know it converts to 4K in itunes but I own an android phone and only have itunes on my computer but I don't want to have to bring my computer with me everywhere when I want to watch it. I was thinking about just redeeming it to google play since it's linked to my youtube account and I can access that anywhere.  Will it covert to 4K automatically on youtube?  Lala land is an amazing movie so I hope I can watch it in 4K on youtube. 

The 2001 Steebook at Best Buy is very, very limited at the moment; Check for a red UPC that's so you know it's not a recalled edition. That said, I'm shipping mine to my brother and buying the chipboard box version instead. The steelbook is disappointing, not just with the quality control issues (mine seemed OK but a lot of people are reporting theirs is not sealing correctly, or the book is disjointed on many shipments) and there's no extra booklet or photo's etc inside the package unlike the chipboard edition.

The 2001 Steebook at Best Buy is very, very limited at the moment; Check for a red UPC that's so you know it's not a recalled edition. That said, I'm shipping mine to my brother and buying the chipboard box version instead. The steelbook is disappointing, not just with the quality control issues (mine seemed OK but a lot of people are reporting theirs is not sealing correctly, or the book is disjointed on many shipments) and there's no extra booklet or photo's etc inside the package unlike the chipboard edition.
That sucks, both that it is unavailable and that the QC was bad. I really liked the way it looked, and forgot it was coming out.

Fanflix has some digital movies for only $2.99(slickdeals has the thread about them) and they can convert to 4K through certain services. I bought Lala land. It is my first digital purchase. I prefer a disc but Lala Land wasn't on sale for Black Friday and I haven't seen it on sale in 4K so I figured only $2.99 is worth it. Question though, I know it converts to 4K in itunes but I own an android phone and only have itunes on my computer but I don't want to have to bring my computer with me everywhere when I want to watch it. I was thinking about just redeeming it to google play since it's linked to my youtube account and I can access that anywhere. Will it covert to 4K automatically on youtube? Lala land is an amazing movie so I hope I can watch it in 4K on youtube.
It's not on Youtube. Play is it's own thing.

And maybe one day people will stop obsessing over steelbooks.

It's not on Youtube. Play is it's own thing.

And maybe one day people will stop obsessing over steelbooks.
Oh. I was told and read that Google play hooks up with your youtube account as long as they are both under the same gmail address. What's my best option then? I'd like to watch it in 4K. My 4 options are iTunes, Google Play, VUDU and Fandango now. The last 2 are UV which I think means I can play them on other peoples accounts or they can play on mine maybe?? I am brand new to the digital movie stuff.

For me it was the fancy party scene and after that sporadic. Im thinking the disc was just scratched.
Thanks for posting this, I checked Spider-Man 2 in my set and it has a decent sized scratch and skips during the proposal at the party scene and then during random scenes more frequently throughout the remainder of the film.

You said it yourself, you redeemed through GP, so I would use it to watch. I've used the Vudu app as well and it works, can't testify to iTunes.

Thanks for posting this, I checked Spider-Man 2 in my set and it has a decent sized scratch and skips during the proposal at the party scene and then during random scenes more frequently throughout the remainder of the film.
Always check thoroughly for scratches, especially if a disc is rattling around loose. Unlike DVDs, BDs are more resistant to scratches from this sort of thing, but damage does happen. Even if it isn't loose - probably occurred during the manufacturing or packaging process.

Target has the 4K Stranger Things Season 1 or 2 for $10 through their Cartwheel app.

Sign in/Sign up for Cartwheel: https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=7e2b728e370611e9a60d2a34d537341f0005&pno=456952&1=frontpage&lno=2&sdtid=12866233&trd=Click%2Bhere&sdtrk=frontpage&afsrc=1

Add the coupon to your cart: https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=7e2b728e370611e9a60d2a34d537341f0006&pno=456952&1=frontpage&lno=3&sdtid=12866233&trd=Click%2Bhere&sdtrk=frontpage&afsrc=1

Add either season 1 or 2 to your checkout on Target's site (Make sure you're signed in) Select Free Store Pickup.:

Season 1: https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=7e2b728e370611e9a60d2a34d537341f0008&pno=456952&1=frontpage&lno=7&sdtid=12866233&trd=4K%2BUHD%2BBlu%2Bray&sdtrk=frontpage&afsrc=1

Season 2: https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=7e2b728e370611e9a60d2a34d537341f0009&pno=456952&1=frontpage&lno=5&sdtid=12866233&trd=4K%2BUHD%2BBlu%2Bray&sdtrk=frontpage&afsrc=1

Enjoy you new collection for $10. It also works towards regular blu ray ($5).  I was lucky enough to still have my $2 Target code from Coke Rewards last month and grabbed season 2 for $8.90 total

Best Buy seems to be having an unannounced sale on 4k discs, many recent releases are $12.99/14.99. Linking isn't really needed, pick something.

Target currently has a Buy 2 Get 1 FREE on most movies, including 4K.  A lot of preorders are included.  Some of them don't actually show the promo until you add them to cart.

The movies I've been waiting on still aren't that good of a deal yet. I'm going to keep blind optimism for black Friday.

Anyone know of a decent place/site/etc that takes 4K movies for trade/sell? Amazon, Best Buy and Target don't seem to anymore. Have an extra copy of Black Hawk Down 4K that is just taking up shelf space.

If you have those old disk holders lying around that carry 30+ sleeves in it and only need the 4K disk, try Redbox, disks only start at $3.99 to own and the label in the middle comes off easily with just a heat gun.  These disks are the full 4K disks, not a rental version of it. You can only find 4K disks in Redbox kiosks in the following cities: Austin, Colorado Springs, Des Moines, Detroit, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Reno, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Spokane and Portland, Oregon

So I finally opened my Aquaman 4K movie I bought at Walmart over Black Friday and there was no digital code inside. Has anyone else had this happen? Justice League had a code. Am I SOL? Do certain 4Ks just not have digital codes? Both movies were in the same case. None of them said they came with codes. This is what it looks like

0883929624782_p0_v4_s550x406.jpg

Both movies I purchased had the same cover but only Justice League had the digital code.

So I finally opened my Aquaman 4K movie I bought at Walmart over Black Friday and there was no digital code inside. Has anyone else had this happen? Justice League had a code. Am I SOL? Do certain 4Ks just not have digital codes? Both movies were in the same case. None of them said they came with codes. This is what it looks like

Both movies I purchased had the same cover but only Justice League had the digital code.
I got Fantastic Beasts from Walmart’s BF sale and it didn’t have a code nor did it say it was supposed to. Some looking around I found out that it appears there were special packs without the code made just for the sale. All other copies of the movie I’ve seen have the strip at the top saying digital code.

I got Fantastic Beasts from Walmart’s BF sale and it didn’t have a code nor did it say it was supposed to. Some looking around I found out that it appears there were special packs without the code made just for the sale. All other copies of the movie I’ve seen have the strip at the top saying digital code.
Okay. I figured it was something like that. Just odd that Justice League had the same cover yet it contained a code. It would have been nice to know ahead of time though seeing as I have seen Aquaman 4K for around $15 with the code. I might have gotten that one instead but lesson learned.

Okay. I figured it was something like that. Just odd that Justice League had the same cover yet it contained a code. It would have been nice to know ahead of time though seeing as I have seen Aquaman 4K for around $15 with the code. I might have gotten that one instead but lesson learned.
Also, BB had Aquaman for 3 pennies more ($7.99 vs $7.96). Has the code.

Damn, look at is Mad Max Fury Road 4k Steelbook and mini Steelbook. Saw it on twitter at SteelbookSpain, there is a page on amazon france too. Not much more I saw about it, be nice if US got it.

[attachment=33826:EUssxntXYAE-ZT4.jpg]

Disney has decided to stop making 4K Blu Rays, and other movie studios may follow suit. I blame the fact that easy access to 4K streaming has become a lot more common, and people weren't willing to pay $40 or more for a single movie that they could easily get for $20 on Blu Ray or $5 on DVD.

2 Disney 4K Target exclusives:

Aladdin (Live Action) (Target Exclusive) (4K/UHD) - 058-52-0480    $10.49

Ralph Breaks the Internet (4K/UHD) (Target Exclusive)  058-52-0013   $9.89

bread's done
Back