4th Smash Tourney - Battle of the Forums: CAG vs. Smogon (It's Essay Time, lol)

I'm pretty confident you'll win. Also, sorry for the vulgarity. I tend not to use that rude taunt (I think you know the one) when battling CAG members.

Anyway, I really look forward to battling you some more. You were surprisingly challenging.

Well, not the 'Shut up and kiss me!' one. My left taunt is 'Fa**ot'.

I tend to save that for any potential trolls who are like, arrogant towards their own skill. In this case I just misinterpreted where each taunt was. :(

If anyone gets offended at 'That's what she said', I'd like to meet this meet this person.

Ahhh. I guess I didn't see that taunt.

Probably during one of the times I was getting knocked the hell off the platform. :p

[quote name='JoeB1233']Of course, that's not to say we won't win. I've got a lot of faith in the likes of maigoyume, Arikado, and Mr. Beef, since they're so much more awesome than Joe's Mad Goo.[/quote]
Fixed. ;D

Thanks for the faith though, seriously. I'll do my best...when my opponent contacts me back.

[quote name='FallMoon']It's okay suko, we're all friends here! But over at Smogon, lose a tournament, and it's the end of the road.[/quote]

[quote name='dyeknom']HEY competitive pokemans is srs business.[/quote]:roll:

And I think I can lurk on both forums considering I'm not in the tournament and am a very active member of both sites.

Well I though my match might happen today at 2pm, but that's come and gone. Hopefully he'll reply to the email soon.
[quote name='FallMoon']Well, not the 'Shut up and kiss me!' one. My left taunt is 'Fa**ot'.

I tend to save that for any potential trolls who are like, arrogant towards their own skill. In this case I just misinterpreted where each taunt was. :(

If anyone gets offended at 'That's what she said', I'd like to meet this meet this person.[/quote]
You used that one against me :rofl:

Zitanix, I might be, but gimme about 15 minutes or so.

Maybe. I'll report back.

We haven't played since you knocked me out of the first tourney. I plan to bring PAYBACK.

I lost :lol:
He played Ness. I took the first round. The second round I got beat down. Third round came down to final stock, I think we were both in the red. I was landing and he was doing that energy thing to try to shoot himself into me. I though I avoided it safely but I guess he got it at the last second and it hit and killed me (I'll have to review the tape to see what exactly happened) Very close! But I lost :bouncy:
-
He did get it twisted around (in a sideways S shape) to hit himself into me at the last possible second. Wasn't expecting that, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh@events keeping me from playing.

Gimme another 15 minutes...feel free to play others in the meantime.

Edit: Wt. Janet lost too?

You people are making my shoulders heavy with burden.

This lurking thing this is actually pretty amusing: I'm lurking Smogon right now (which I can do since I've already played :p), and they have little asides to lurkers, like:

POST POST POST POST
To lurkers: Message!

It's like a game! Thanks Smogon!

Oh, also, we should watch what we say about them. I understand that this kind of tournament format lends itself to trash talk, but there's no need to be nasty. I don't believe we've crossed the line yet, but comments about how "Pokemon is their life" and "They are so competitive that ..." are certainly on their way. I mean, we wouldn't want to be characterized as just being dirt-poor-gamers-who-buy-second-hand-only, would we?

To lurkers: I tried to post on Smogon, but after registering I never got a confirmation e-mail. Did you guys know what I was trying to do?

Also, Thunderhorse is trash. ;P (But seriously, let's play again! I could learn a lot from you!) Oh, and about the G&W CP: I lurked way before the tourney even started (for some reason, we knew it would be Smogon we'd be playing way before you knew it was CAG you'd play), and saw the Falco avatar. I had been playing G&W for a few days, so I thought "Hey, I'll practice up and use him!" Didn't quite make the cut, though, did he?

Zitanix, I'm around for another 20-30 min online if you wanna play a game or two.

You might be battling Dmunkee at the moment.

I have a bad history of not being able to really join Dmunkee rooms. :(

Edit: Holy craps I got in.

What good deeds have I done recently?

Edit 2: Please ignore these first two matches, Dmunkee/Zitanix, and ultimately JoeB. Things are just....well there's a lot of distracting things here that are ruining my game, so I decided to opt out of that first 4 FFA. But I'm all good now.

Edit 3: GODDAMMIT STRELL'S LIFE, STFU AND LET HIM PLAY SMASH BROTHERS

Finally life stfu'd and I was able to play some good matches.

Easily the funniest thing that happened was Dmunkee smashed Zitanix waaaaaaaaay over to the left - there was no way he was going to get back on the platform. He was playing Olimar, so he's moving right and doing the whole last ditch effort thing, and he's essentially off the bottom of the screen and throws the Pikmin rope.

Me, being the bastardly Wario that I was, decided to pick up my motorcycle and hurl it at him.

It proceeds to juggle him three times off screen, after which he promptly dies. You can't even see this happening except for the occasional small bits of the motorcycle bouncing upward amid Olimar's little screams. *bap bap bap*

I was just sorta hoping for an insult to injury thing, but this was insult and injury to your death.

I was trying to use the bike to climb back up to the stage. Didn't work, did it? :lol:

Thanks for the matches, Joe, Strell, and Dmunkee. That was the first time I played since the last tournament, and I needed the practice badly. Lag takes...a while to get used to again. :)

[quote name='yukine']Your sig is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll make some for other Smash CAGs if they ask nicely. I'm probably going to have a lot more free time... thanks to the recession :cry:.

[quote name='Mad D']I'm probably going to have a lot more free time... thanks to the recession :cry:.[/quote]

Ugh, I hear that :cry:

[quote name='Mad D']Thanks, I'll make some for other Smash CAGs if they ask nicely. I'm probably going to have a lot more free time... thanks to the recession :cry:.[/quote]
I'll take a sandbag sig... if it's awesome.

I might be getting a Strell created avatar as well, so then I'll really be gettin' the ladies.

[quote name='Mad D']
jmgmaddsc3.gif
[/quote]

0_0

Okay, just the sheer awesomeness of this signature should shut Beef/suko/Kado up for good! :applause:

And thanks for putting Yoshi in instead of Dedede. I'm done with that fat penguin.
Not really
But I'm surprised you knew that I pretty much switched over, given how long it's been since we've played.

Gosh. I wished I wasn't sleepy.

Edit #1: My dodge abilities suck now and I have horrible platform recovery abilities.

GGs Dmunkee & Blue.

:rofl:

Words cannot describe how awesome sauce you're sig is. You even put a boa on my ROB!

Edit: I didn't even notice the mic! That motivates me to make another video! :bouncy:

BIG UPDATE ON RULES

Even CAG ranks get stage selection for Game 2 and Odd CAG ranks get stage selection for Game 3.

For example,
#2 Arikado gets to choose Stage 2 and #2 Smogon gets to choose Stage 3.
#3 evergoo gets to choose Stage 3 and #3 Smogon gets to choose Stage 2.

FALLMOON TO THE RESCUE.

I'll train you, hero.

Also, I need your friend code again, if you wouldn't mind. I did a list cleanup recently, and thought it'd be a while until I fight any more CAGs. Guess I was wrong.

[quote name='FallMoon']FALLMOON TO THE RESCUE.

I'll train you, hero.[/quote]

Can you beat me up like 1 - 2 hours before the match? I want the squishy sandbag feeling. :cool:

Thanks! I really hope the training helps when your match begins. Practice matches usually get that shaky feeling off where you're just waiting for the big game to begin.

[quote name='zitanix']Good games Evergoo, Arikado, and Fallmoon. Evergoo, you got my PM, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Btw, ggs to everyone I played tonight.

Very rarely do I get to play against 3 good people, AT ONCE.

That was really fun, you guys. We should do it again, but next time make it a team battle. I love those things.

Oh, and Arikado, it was nice battling you for the first time. We should do it again some time!

[quote name='FallMoon']Oh, and Arikado, it was nice battling you for the first time. We should do it again some time![/QUOTE]

Yeah, wish you would have stuck around. I figured I farted you off the internet. ;)

Oh, I just left because I got bored. Plus, I sensed that my brother wanted to play Animal Crossing City Folk.

I'm going to be up for a REALLY long time, so if you want to have some battles soon or later, just tell me.

[quote name='hero101']My match is suppose to take place today @ 8PM EST. I need training beforehand. Please train me you wonderful people.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played in a good month so I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll be home most of the day tomorrow.

bread's done
Back