4th Smash Tourney - Battle of the Forums: CAG vs. Smogon (It's Essay Time, lol)

I'll think of some creative taunts before my match!

Goo, my e-mail that I sent to my opponent failed to deliver. Although, I was thinking: was his address altered by some sort of swear filter? Take a look and let me know.

[quote name='JoeB1233']I'll think of some creative taunts before my match!

Goo, my e-mail that I sent to my opponent failed to deliver. Although, I was thinking: was his address altered by some sort of swear filter? Take a look and let me know.[/QUOTE]

That's what Zero sent me. Try out his AIM. I'll chat with Zero later tonight to see what's up with that ASS. ;)

Well, fair warning to Arikado.

-If their best isn't their best, then someone else on the list is, right? I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.

I'm surprised these guys aren't doing better. From what I know, their lives revolve around competitive video game play. Too early to call it though, I guess.

Diddy (chompy) vs. Marth 2 BF
PT (chompy) vs. D3 1 Delfino

He wasn't bad. I think if it was mid season in our Brawl thing I would edged for the win, but can't say 100% for sure. I ate a lot of attacks I shouldn't have. Also the lack of preparation didn't help. He had a good Diddy, not as good as you know who's on this board. I'm not sure about his PT. Overall, it was fun! Been playing too much Animal Crossing and HD Remix lately :p

Sorry to let everyone down. It probably would have been better if I didn't join since I didn't take this thing too seriously.

Edit: Not to say I wasn't trying in the match!

[quote name='FallMoon']It's okay suko, we're all friends here! But over at Smogon, lose a tournament, and it's the end of the road.[/quote]

HEY competitive pokemans is srs business.

I'm at work now. I'll contact my opponent whenever I get home. If someone is playing on my Wii right now, it's my brother.

I get to play their best? Good. :twisted:

I don't understand the stage selection. I have to pick random for the first stage?

[quote name='FallMoon']DaisyDog's Link has gotten much better. Glad she's on the top 15![/quote]
Thanks. I never really came close to beating you but I think I did ok :lol:

Uh oh! Sorry guys, but I didn't do so hot!

He used Falco (which I knew he would), so I used G&W. Two sets: I lost, but I took it to one stock each time. Ultimately, I think I could beat him if I had some more practice time with Game and Watch.

Funny thing is afterward, we played friendlies and my D3 and his Falco were going even. A D3 and a Falco! Imagine that! He played some other characters afterward; he was a really good player, but his Falco was leagues above his other characters.

I've learned: a good Falco is really hard to beat.

RESULT: Loss

[quote name='Daisydog']I don't understand the stage selection. I have to pick random for the first stage?[/QUOTE]

You guys can mutually agree to a neutral OR you can both select your preferred neutral and then see who wins their preferred stage.

WTF is going on?! How are we LOSING? The Top Smashers need to unite because that's where all the big points are! :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite frankly, I'm not too sure why we were so optimistic to begin with. Their site is very competition-oriented; these people love it. I figured they'd be at least tourney-caliber.

Also, I'm thinking their rankings aren't as concrete as ours. Not to say they're wrong or fraudulent; it just seems (from what I've heard/read) their top eight go pretty even with one another. So . . . yeah.

Of course, that's not to say we won't win. I've got a lot of faith in the likes of evergoo, maigoyume, Arikado, and Mr. Beef.

So it looks like my opponent HotGarbage is actually a fellow CAG since 2006. That backstabbing Smasher! :lol:

So far, we have faced against a Falco, Diddy, and Pokemon Trainer and the likelihood of them maining in the same thing is very low (look at our forum). Thus, my hypothesis is that a Snake, Meta Knight, and/or a Mr. Game & Watch shall pop up between Smogon's #2-4.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Quite frankly, I'm not too sure why we were so optimistic to begin with. Their site is very competition-oriented; these people love it. I figured they'd be at least tourney-caliber.

Also, I'm thinking their rankings aren't as concrete as ours. Not to say they're wrong or fraudulent; it just seems (from what I've heard/read) their top eight go pretty even with one another. So . . . yeah.

Of course, that's not to say we won't win. I've got a lot of faith in the likes of evergoo, maigoyume, Arikado, and Mr. Beef.[/quote]

Well, I was very optimistic when I beat #1, but it seems like the Falco guy you battled was leagues ahead of him.

Don't worry, we can still win this.

[quote name='FallMoon']Oh, by the way, good games guys! My Zero Suit doesn't do too well in those multi-man battles.[/QUOTE]

Edit your post FM. I feel like we might have lurkers here. I know at least one signed up for CAG just recently and my opponent is a 2-yr CAG veteran.

Btw, CAGs please avoid lurking over at their forums. We're trying to keep this fair and square.

[quote name='evergoo']Edit your post FM. I feel like we got lurkers here. I know at least one signed up for CAG just recently and my opponent is a 2-yr CAG veteran.[/quote]

Wah! You're right, my mistake. That does give me an idea though, haha. Not really.

[quote name='evergoo']Edit your post FM. I feel like we might have lurkers here. I know at least one signed up for CAG just recently and my opponent is a 2-yr CAG veteran.

Btw, CAGs please avoid lurking over at their forums. We're trying to keep this fair and square.[/quote]

Oops. :whistle2:# I may or may not be lurking right now.

Bugger all, I'm gone for a week and THIS is what happens?

Btw marc, you already have my aim, remember when we played for the CAG tourney finals?

Well Strell, I'd battle you, but my brother is playing Conker. Maybe I can battle you in like, 10 minutes. I think he's almost finished.

*Okay, now I can battle!

[quote name='maigoyume']Bugger all, I'm gone for a week and THIS is what happens?

Btw marc, you already have my aim, remember when we played for the CAG tourney finals?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember so please tell/AIM me again. Also, I'd advise you to take down your season trophy temporarily. It's serious business now. Phiddlesticks was reading this thread before I told Zero to pull him off. Sneaky spies! :nottalking:

Fallmoon - don't think I ever added you to my list. SOMEONE GIVE ME FALLMOON'S NUMBER PLEZ

I add her up and we try this out since I coudln't have a go with Dmunkee.

[quote name='evergoo']I don't remember so please tell/AIM me again. Also, I'd advise you to take down your season trophy temporarily. It's serious business now. Phiddlesticks was reading this thread before I told Zero to pull him off. Sneaky spies! :nottalking:[/quote]Aiy, this is getting way out of hand. Oh well, I'm kinda excited to see what happens.

Do the matches have to be played this week?

[quote name='Strell']Fallmoon - don't think I ever added you to my list. SOMEONE GIVE ME FALLMOON'S NUMBER PLEZ

I add her up and we try this out since I coudln't have a go with Dmunkee.[/quote]
Fallmoon
2750-0760-0334

Though if she's not here to answer you she's probably not playing.
I'm getting online now to practice some more. I tried to schedule my match for tomorrow but I haven't received a reply yet.

-
edit:
oh, she is playing

Those were some fun battles. We should switch it to TEAMS next time. That'll be a real hootenanny!

Oh, and Daisydog, sorry if it seemed like I left early after winning that last match. I was just in a rush to battle Strell, because I felt like he might not have much time. For some reason I'm always scared of that, no matter who it is.

GREAT fun. Had a total blast and the lag was almost nonexistent tonight.

I do think Melee's "the fast characters always win" is now Brawl's "the characters with projectiles always win." :p

At least that gives projectiles a bit more use. Haha, I felt pretty cheap with those Pikachu tactics. Down Smash, Neutral B, Down Smash, Neutral B. I guess my thumb just slipped on the C-stick a bit much!

I can definitely see why you're CAGs #1 Fallmoon. I can't even get my head around how fast you can play.

Yep, I'm RandL

After playing so many good CAGs today, I'm definitely ready for my tourney match. I contacted my opponent, but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm trying to decide weather to stick to my one main, or my main three. We'll see how it goes, looking forward to some more practice tomorrow.

bread's done
Back