4th Smash Tourney - Battle of the Forums: CAG vs. Smogon (It's Essay Time, lol)

[quote name='evergoo']Hmm...Two sandbags recently posted.

Are you guys asking for a handicap match? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Just convincing ourselves that we could handle some folks from the Pokemon world.

[quote name='Strell']I hope we lose, because I could write one hell of a sarcastic essay. >:] There's going to be animated gifs and everything.

Is people playing right now?[/quote]That and we'll insert a couple of marc's singstar vids.

[quote name='maigoyume']That and we'll insert a couple of marc's singstar vids.[/quote]

Maybe each one could count as a paragraph. The videos do answer one of the questions!

Paragraph 1: Why the losing forum sucks

[quote name='FallMoon']Maybe each one could count as a paragraph. The videos do answer one of the questions!

Paragraph 1: Why the losing forum sucks[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='FallMoon']Maybe each one could count as a paragraph. The videos do answer one of the questions!

Paragraph 1: Why the losing forum sucks[/QUOTE]

gooAwwwwYeah2.gif

Here are the averages from 6 ballots (Blue, dyeknom, FallMoon, Hero, Rig, and me). Those with parentheses were only put on that many ballots while everyone else was put on all 6. CAGs in yellow have given me their AIM or e-mail contact (I don't remember your AIM dyeknom). Lastly, feel free to send me more ballots if you would like. Today is the deadline!

1. Fallmoon 1.167
  2. Arikado 2.000
  3. evergoo 3.333
  4. maigoyume 3.833
  5. suko_32 5.500
  6. JoeB1233 5.833
  7. Zitanix 7.333
  8. Mr. Beef 8.833
  9. Jack 9.000 (3)
  10. Daisydog 9.500
  11. dmunkee 9.800 (5)
  12. dyeknom 10.667
  13. BlueLobstah 11.000
  14. Strell Executive Decision :p
  15. hero101 13.000
  16. Rig 13.500
  17. eliter1 14.200 (5)
Strell: I need confirmation. Get N or Get Out?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I'm in. I am gone from the 19th - 21st, potentially sometime around New Years, but for the most part I am free to play whenever.

I'll PM my aim. I don't want people like Mr. Beef knowing it. :]

HAH. Like Strell's aim is so special! I chat with superstars on a daily basis!
Ok, not really. :(

Would Skype help things out, too? Because I've been looking for an excuse to nab a headset for the PSP so I can properly test it out.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']HAH. Like Strell's aim is so special! I chat with superstars on a daily basis!
Ok, not really. :(

Would Skype help things out, too? Because I've been looking for an excuse to nab a headset for the PSP so I can properly test it out.[/QUOTE]

Skype? On Smash?
:rofl:
Don't bother. It's a lagfest w/3 and lucky w/2.

Strell, I'm placing you in front of hero UNLESS Jack, Daisy, dmunkee, Blue, or dyeknom think you're better than them. You're not as good as Beef yet you're definitely better than hero.

In addition, I requested to Zerowing if we could have the Top 16 or 17 since it would be ashame that Rig and eliter1 get denied after having been here since Day 1. :whistle2:(

I think we should add one addition to that Marc. We should pit our sandbag vs. their sandbag. Otherwise, Yukine might cry during this whole ordeal. Marc, do you want Yukine to cry? :lol:

Pshshshthstht

I've given up my sandbag title. Foltzie is your sandbag champ now.
I don't cry, I just get even.

Which reminds me... send me your friend code for Animal Crossing.

AXE TIMEEEEEEE CHOP CHOP MASTAH ONION!

Zerowing and I have finalized the list (barring Strell's predicament). Here are the matchups:

SMASH MATCHUPS
  1. FallMoon vs. Maku~thehowlingvortex~
  2. Arikado vs. Dunk
  3. evergoo vs. HotGarbage
  4. maigoyume vs. Mr. Escalator
  5. suko_32 vs. CHOMPY
  6. JoeB1233 vs. Thunderhorse
  7. Zitanix vs. Colin
  8. Mr. Beef vs. sam388
  9. Jack vs. Umby
  10. Daisydog vs. Shaky
  11. dmunkee22 vs. dbolt
  12. dyeknom vs. Yoshi King
  13. BlueLobstah vs. MrE
  14. Strell vs. zerowing
  15. hero101 vs. Phiddlesticks
  16. Rig vs. Chali
Since I'm lazy to send out 16 separate PMs, I will send them in groups of 4. Make sure to check your PM box for their contacts. After doing so, please take the initiative to contact your Poke loser about scheduling (via AIM and/or e-mail). Don't forget to review the rules in the OP before the easy win. ;)

STRATEGIES FOR WINNING
1. Practice doing friendlies with people at your level (+/- a few ranks) or higher.
2. Warmup before you're official match.
3. The 1st of 3 matches is any neutral. Choose the neutral that compliments your character.
4. Don't get hit.
5. Play smart.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Wouldn't it be hilarious if the only one who ended up losing was evergoo? I think that'd be a real knee-slapper.[/QUOTE]

*insert goo nodding gif*

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Don't forget to win, too. That's another important rule.[/quote]

The best way to win is to not lose.

[quote name='dmunkee']The best way to win is to not lose.[/quote]

And playing with Capt. Falcon always nets you a moral victory.

[quote name='FallMoon']I just realized something. Smogon users aren't used to seeing a Pikachu annihilate a Charizard.[/QUOTE]

This makes me happy - I will most likely be Pikacheaping it up.

[quote name='Strell']This makes me happy - I will most likely be Pikacheaping it up.[/quote]

We arent a bunch of cheap asses for nothing, right?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Wouldn't it be hilarious if the only one who ended up losing was evergoo? I think that'd be a real knee-slapper.[/QUOTE]
Haha. I won't lose 'cuz I've been playing a lot of NBA '09 on the PS3 (#10 ranking out of 3,000+ online) and my projectile game (i.e. throwing shit) is better than ever. ;) Regarding the videos: whether we win or lose, they're gonna get a taste of greatness with my soon-to-be most extreme video yet!

Sorry for the delay, but I'm gonna send out the PMs right now. Also, we should consider changing our taunts to something Pokemon related. Any suggestions? :lol:

The following people still need to PM me their AIM or e-mail:
  • maigoyume
  • Zitanix

[quote name='evergoo']Haha. I won't lose 'cuz I've been playing a lot of NBA '09 on the PS3 (#10 ranking out of 3,000+ online) and my projectile game (i.e. throwing shit) is better than ever. ;)

Sorry for the delay, but I'm gonna send out the PMs right now. Also, we should consider changing our taunts to something Pokemon related. Any suggestions? :lol:

The following people still need to PM me their AIM or e-mail:
TBA[/quote]

In regards to your taunt idea, THAT'S GENIUS. Like, we have a huge oppurtunity.

[quote name='FallMoon']I just scored 15 points. That wasn't so bad.[/QUOTE]

Did you already play your match? If so, it's 16 pts now. :lol: Anyways, where would you place this Pokeyman on our list?

Surprisingly enough, he wasn't nearly as challenging as I expected. If I had to place him somewhere though, it would be WAY below JoeB's rank. Probably 8, or 9. If he's their #1, then we've already won this tournament. It seems too easy, though. He can't actually be their #1, unless those Pokeymen (Did I get that right, or is it Pokemanz?) simply aren't meant for Brawl.

[quote name='FallMoon']Surprisingly enough, he wasn't nearly as challenging as I expected. If I had to place him somewhere though, it would be WAY below JoeB's rank. Probably 8, or 9. If he's their #1, then we've already won this tournament. It seems too easy, though. He can't actually be their #1, unless those Pokeymen (Did I get that right, or is it Pokemanz?) simply aren't meant for Brawl.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...

If there #1 is no challenge, that means that we should easily win ALL our matches. Perhaps CAG losers need to pay a price for bringing shame? Triple Pokemon Gangbang Handicap Match against Pikachu, Lucario, and Jigglypuff? Or against all 3 Pokemons from the Pokemon Trainer?

bread's done
Back