$5/$10/$15/$20 Off Future Gaming Purchases w/Select Pre-orders at Amazon: Bond Added!

yingfo

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Here's an update, which includes a $15 Quantum of Solace (PS3/360) offer. Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer's ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

---------
Earlier posts
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding(DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Fallout 3 (PS3/360) Collector's edition (PS3/360)
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Far Cry 2 (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Dead Space (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Tomb Raider Underworld (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (360/PS3/PS2/DS)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:360:Fable II
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

-------------------------

Amazon has a pretty good deal if you purchase Wii Music before October 31st you can get a coupon for $20 a future game purchase.

Amazon.com: Wii Music

I will definitely wait for reviews to see if it is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon is bringing it this holiday. Between all the $10 promotions , and their quick shipping of games recently they got my business

[quote name='menikmati']Well, 1UP's Jennifer Tsao is more of the casual gamer while Matt Casamassina handles most of the Nintendo stuff and can be more of a hardcore gamer. I don't know, more like 2 reviewers with different tastes.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the guy who said Zelda won't be "epic" without voice acting? I don't know if he really said that - I don't read IGN - but Reggie Fils-Aime talked smack about him in one of his hilarious diatribes.

[quote name='Kerig']Re: Chrono Trigger, this deal is a bit backhanded.

It was $36.99 up until as recently as 2 days ago. Now they brought the price back to $39.99 w/$5 off a future order = $2 extra savings, but not immediate.

If you've already ordered CT for $36.99, you should call customer service and have them add the $5 bonus offer to your order. At the very least call them and tell them you're "verifying that they automatically added it to your order" :)

Amazon C/S = 1-800-201-7575

A good deal, but I'm betting CC will have it w/free $10 GC if they're still in business by the release date...[/QUOTE]

I am going to e-mail to see if I can get my Chrono Trigger order to apply for this. I ordered this when it was the gold box for $35.14. Another $5 would bring it down to the price I wanted to pay.

Pretty nice deal, but the only one on the list I'm getting from Amazon is Chrono Trigger and by the time that one comes out I'll be too broke to buy anything else for a while.

just a dumb question how does this offer works?
I preordered LBP and it had a $10gift card would they also give me an extra $10 off with this promo?

[quote name='lobitoh']just a dumb question how does this offer works?
I preordered LBP and it had a $10gift card would they also give me an extra $10 off with this promo?[/quote]
This offer is not available for LPB - just the $10 Amazon Gift Card

The gaming press are idiots (so far) except for the 1up woman who actually understood the nature of the game. And it's probably because she comes from a musical background.

The challenge is more like it is in playing real music. To sound good. To express yourself. It's more analog and flowing instead of hit this button at this time. You control the tempo and the arrangement. That's the challenge. That's the reward.

IT's a different take on a music game.

Matt C didn't get it. He says there is nothing to the game and that everyone sounds like sht. I guess he had trouble because Wii Music didn't tell him when to press what button and didn't spit out a high score at the end. He didn't realize that there are different ways to sound good. IT's more open ended. Like music.

Hmm pretty good deal. I was going to get Dokapon Kingdom anyways.

The way I see it, Wii Music is very similar to those electronic keyboards that play a note of a song with every key press. Except with Wii Music, it also takes into account the timing, so you can extend a note or add multiple fast notes, and keep with the beat of the song. It'll be cute as a light social gathering game.

Though I haven't played Wii Music, I probably prefer something like Band Brothers. You get the feeling that you are actually playing the music (because you are), and you get the feeling of accomplishment of hitting that drum pattern.

Should be no need to email Amazon for the CT. The fine print says it works for orders from August 8th to Nov 24th and the code will be emailed within 10 days of release.

I'm scared by what people who view Wii Music buy.

27% Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009
13% Active Life Outdoor Challenge
5% Monopoly

But I bought a copy anyway to have shipped to my grandparents. I never finished SMG and still haven't opened my $26.99 dotd SSMB, so its possible I won't buy another Wii title for myself until the next Zelda is released.

[quote name='jkanownik']I'm scared by what people who view Wii Music buy.

5% Monopoly

But I bought a copy anyway to have shipped to my grandparents. I never finished SMG and still haven't opened my $26.99 dotd SSMB, so its possible I won't buy another Wii title for myself until the next Zelda is released.[/quote]
I'm glad you're scared of me. I am getting all three. Well, the first two at least.

End war also has this deal.

ENDWAR UPDATE:

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order your copy of Tom Clancy's Endwar for the Xbox 360 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. See all details

[quote name='Kerig']Re: Chrono Trigger, this deal is a bit backhanded.

It was $36.99 up until as recently as 2 days ago. Now they brought the price back to $39.99 w/$5 off a future order = $2 extra savings, but not immediate.

If you've already ordered CT for $36.99, you should call customer service and have them add the $5 bonus offer to your order. At the very least call them and tell them you're "verifying that they automatically added it to your order" :)

Amazon C/S = 1-800-201-7575

A good deal, but I'm betting CC will have it w/free $10 GC if they're still in business by the release date...[/quote]

I purchased the game at 36.99 and an extra 5 on top would be great.

will have to call soon to verify.

[quote name='jkanownik']I'm scared by what people who view Wii Music buy.

5% Monopoly

But I bought a copy anyway to have shipped to my grandparents. I never finished SMG and still haven't opened my $26.99 dotd SSMB, so its possible I won't buy another Wii title for myself until the next Zelda is released.[/quote]

I like the oxymoron of "Active Life Outdoor Challenge"

So with Wii Music, you just move the controllers and it makes correct music no matter what you do? You can't screw it up and you don't pick the notes yourself? That's not really a game then.

People who pre-order Prince of Persia from amazon also get the standard version upgraded to Limited edition. http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Playstation-3/dp/B001ASJIS6 just scroll down to Special Offers and Product Promotions and they tell you right there we are getting the upgrade as well. This deal is too good to pass up on not only do we get the free upgrade to LE we also get $10 off for our next video game purchase. Thank you Amazon.

ugh, they give $20 for the only game i don't want. now i'll need to think about it...

[quote name='Da_man24']People who pre-order Prince of Persia from amazon also get the standard version upgraded to Limited edition. http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Playstation-3/dp/B001ASJIS6 just scroll down to Special Offers and Product Promotions and they tell you right there we are getting the upgrade as well. This deal is too good to pass up on not only do we get the free upgrade to LE we also get $10 off for our next video game purchase. Thank you Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Argh, too good to pass up, and I'll have the two $10 gift certs from Fable 2 and Gears 2 to burn on this. Thanks for the heads up, ordered.

Just so everyone knows the following titles have the same deal but were left out of the original post.

Shaun White Snowboarding
Tom Clancy's EndWar

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but for the past week or so I've had zero items in my Goldbox. Is there anything I can do about that? A little extra discount would make a big difference in my decision to pre-order.

That a good deal for Wii Music. But I don't I have a wii. But maybe Mirror Edge or Prince of Persia. On the other hand maybe not. There so many other great games coming out this year these are just rentals. Don't waste your money.

[quote name='GuardianE']I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but for the past week or so I've had zero items in my Goldbox. Is there anything I can do about that? A little extra discount would make a big difference in my decision to pre-order.[/quote]

It appears that my goldbox got nuked along with quick picks....

don't know why.

Oh snap, I'm on the fence about both Mirror's Edge and Prince of Persia, so this is sweetening the deal considerably ... I've never used these gaming coupons from Amazon before, are you allowed to stack them onto one singular purchase? Like, I can put both $10 coupons both toward the same game in the future?

Did someone look through all the promotion details? I only looked at the 360 if it was multiplatform.

These are the purchase dates to qualify for:

$5
Chrono Trigger (DS): August 8, 2008 to November 24, 2008
Shaun White Snowboadring (DS / PSP / PS2 / PC): June 19, 2008 to November 15, 2008

$10
Tomb Raider Underworld (360/PS3/PC): January 15, 2008 to November 2, 2008
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC): February 14, 2008 to November 10, 2008
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2): April 7, 2008 to November 17, 2008
Prince of Persia (360/PS3): June 19, 2008 to November 17, 2008
Shaun White Snowboarding (360 / PS3 / Wii): June 19, 2008 to November 15, 2008
Endwar (360/PS3/PSP/DS): Oct 13, 2008 - Dec 30, 2008
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3): April 7, 2008 to November 10, 2008
Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii): July 14, 2008 to November 15, 2008

$20
Wii Music (Wii): August 1, 2008 to October 31, 2008

[quote name='GuardianE']I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but for the past week or so I've had zero items in my Goldbox. Is there anything I can do about that? A little extra discount would make a big difference in my decision to pre-order.[/quote]
Same here. I think mine started doing it sometime over the weekend, so I didn't think much about it at the time. Hopefully it will come back soon.

[quote name='splintercell']Same here. I think mine started doing it sometime over the weekend, so I didn't think much about it at the time. Hopefully it will come back soon.[/quote]

Heh, I only really noticed because I'm addicted to the Goldbox and check it every day. Now I regret not pre-ordering some of these when they were down to 56.99, as they would've thrown in the gift card too.

That video got me, I'm in for Wii Music. I'll be putting the $20 to some Xbox 360 Goodness(tm) when I finally pull the trigger on that.

Mirror's Edge and the hopefully not sucky Sonic Unleashed might be good options too, but I'll have to wait on those.

i pre-ordered Prince of Persia some time ago, so am I qualified for this promotion automatically i suppose?

So with WiiMusic I can actually add more cowbell?! It's a dream come true! Actually it seems like I would enjoy the game for about 20 minutes and then never play it again.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']i pre-ordered Prince of Persia some time ago, so am I qualified for this promotion automatically i suppose?[/QUOTE]

i am also wondering about this

In for Chrono, ME, PoP, Valkyria, and Shawn White. :shock:

I contacted Amazon about all of these 'cept for Shawn White, since I had already pre-ordered w/gold box and other discounts and they confirmed I do qualify for the extra $5-10 future purchase promos as well.

I

[quote name='IheartGames']DarkT are those orders for the PS3 or X360 versions?

So you're Turkish? cool[/quote]

Sorry bout that
360:http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224529749&sr=8-1
PS3:http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224529749&sr=8-2
And although I wouldn't recommend it,
Wii:http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224529749&sr=8-5

I'm not Turkish, I just got the name from the movie Snatch. Jason Statham's character.

That Wii music video was cool. In for one.

I've also got an order in for Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia and Animal Crossing.

[quote name='darkturkish']Sorry bout that
360:http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224529749&sr=8-1
PS3:http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224529749&sr=8-2
And although I wouldn't recommend it,
Wii:http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224529749&sr=8-5

I'm not Turkish, I just got the name from the movie Snatch. Jason Statham's character.[/quote]

That's classified as a different deal, but in effect the same thing. The details tell you how it works.

Discount off Future Gaming Purchase Details:

Order your copy of Wii Music for the Wii and get $20 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid from August 1, 2008 to October 31, 2008. The promotional code will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the promotion end date. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate the promotion at any time.

In this case, buy Wii Music between those dates. It doesn't have to be a preorder. Get your promo code from Nov 1 to as late as Nov 11.

$10 Gift Card Details:

Order Call of Duty: World at War (Standard Edition) for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or Wii by November 11, 2008 in our Video Games Store and receive a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card. An email will be sent out within 10 business days after the game releases and will include the Amazon.com Gift Card and redemption instructions. This offer applies only to the purchase of Call of Duty: World at War (Standard Edition) offered by Amazon.com and does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace or Auctions. Limit one per household.

Here you have to preorder in order to qualify for the $10 giftcard. You'll get your giftcard as early as Nov 12 and as late as Nov 21.

Not a serious issue, but worth nothing in case you wanted to throw the codes on something non-gaming.

I was jumping for joy when I saw this, Chrono Trigger for $5!! Then I realized it's $5 off retail, oops. Good deal anyway.

bread's done
Back