$5/$10/$15/$20 Off Future Gaming Purchases w/Select Pre-orders at Amazon: Bond Added!

yingfo

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Here's an update, which includes a $15 Quantum of Solace (PS3/360) offer. Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer's ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

---------
Earlier posts
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding(DS/PSP/PC)

$10
iconamazon.gif
Fallout 3 (PS3/360) Collector's edition (PS3/360)
iconamazon.gif
iconamazon.gif
Far Cry 2 (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Dead Space (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Tomb Raider Underworld (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
iconamazon.gif
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (360/PS3/PS2/DS)
iconamazon.gif
:360:Fable II

$15
iconamazon.gif

$20

-------------------------

Amazon has a pretty good deal if you purchase Wii Music before October 31st you can get a coupon for $20 a future game purchase.

Amazon.com: Wii Music

I will definitely wait for reviews to see if it is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Chrono Trigger $40 at launch? Weren't all DS games usually releasing at $30 or even $20?

Or does Squenix ***KNOW*** we'll pay any King's ransom for a CT reiteration?

Very few DS games are $20. They're mostly the budget titles.

Most are $30, some are $35, and some are $40. It usually depends on the size of the DS cart the game comes on. Square-Enix games also all seem to be $40. I'm not sure if they all use the largest cart size, but FF3 and 4, TWEWY, and DQ 4 have all been $40.

just preordered Wii Music. I personally don't think the other deals are worth it (I'm looking at you $5 off of CT!) since there should be some better deals upon release.

For those interested in Prince of Persia, it's now $56.99 with the free limited edition upgrade and the $10 off a future game purchase.

Man, I love Amazon. :D

[quote name='Callandor']For those interested in Prince of Persia, it's now $56.99 with the free limited edition upgrade and the $10 off a future game purchase.

Man, I love Amazon. :D[/quote]
Sweet, the pre-order price guarantee kicked in - first time for me. When I looked at my order, the purchase prices was automatically adjusted.

I already have Chrono Trigger preordered with a goldbox discount... I wonder if I'll get the promo code if I email them?:whistle2:k

I already have the game ordered at $35.14 and a $5 off coupon would make it a damn good deal for a game I would've pay $40 for!:D

So will these $5/$10/$20 off discounts be stackable? I want to get Chrono, Wii Music, and Prince of Persia. That's like a free DS game, when stacked.

[quote name='Vinny']I already have Chrono Trigger preordered with a goldbox discount... I wonder if I'll get the promo code if I email them?:whistle2:k

I already have the game ordered at $35.14 and a $5 off coupon would make it a damn good deal for a game I would've pay $40 for!:D[/QUOTE]

Plus you get the music CD.

[quote name='spree4567']Far Cry 2 and Dead Space also have this[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I wish they had this deal on Dead Space during it's release week (when I bought my copy). I did use a gift certificate balance on the order, but I'm still a CAG. ;)

[quote name='rajin']Resistance 2 also has this up.[/quote]
Resistance 2 has been having the deal for weeks. It's a $10 full GC instead of a coupon off.

Btw, I'm pretty mad that they don't extend the deal to the Collector's Edition :bomb:

I'm not sure where to put this, since it's technically not a pre-order, but looks like Amazon is matching CC's $10 GC offer for certain games:

SOCOM: Confrontation: PS3

Saint's Row 2: 360/PS3

Dead Space: 360/PS3

Golden Axe Beast Rider: 360/PS3

Bioshock: PS3

[quote name='ninja dog']Anyone get their code from Fable II yet? just curious.[/quote]
I haven't received my Fable 2 code yet, but I received my code from Far Cry 2 this morning.

I came over to this thread to see if anyone got their Fable 2 code yet, too :)

Wii Music was delivered yesterday but still no code from Amazon. emailed them today about it.

so i checked the wii music link on amazon... and it said that the offer is valid from Nov 1st - Nov 8th... does that mean the code will ship 10 days after the 8th? Because last time i checked the offer was valid up untill Oct 31st... I need my code so i can get the AC bundle...

This thread should be updated once again...

James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace has a $15 off Bonus for 360/PS3

Also,

Tom Clancy's End War has the $10 Order Bonus for all platforms (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
Shaun White Snowboarding has $10 Order Bonus for 360/PS3/PS2 as well as the Wii and the game now has a $5 Order Bonus for the DS/PSP/PC versions.

Edit: Links may have gotten all screwy, to tired to deal with it so I just removed them.
To sum up, Quantum of Solace bonus is for both 360 and PS3 the other two games have a bonus for all platforms now.

[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Here's an update, which includes a $15 Quantum of Solace (PS3/360) offer. Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer's ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (DS/PSP/PC)

$10
iconamazon.gif
iconamazon.gif
iconamazon.gif
iconamazon.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif

$15
iconamazon.gif

$20

boo to the pushing of Wii Music.. why not something I'd actually buy like The Conduit, Tales of Symphonia, Mad World or Deadly Creatures. Oh well I may bite on AC I'm still waiting of a price drop on the :ds: version.

I haven't read through the whole thread but they also have it for CoD: World at War with $10 gift card. Plus use Bill Me Later and get an additional $10 off. I have been getting new releases from Amazon for $39.99 since Mercenaries 2 came out. So far I have received Mercenaries 2, NHL 09, Fable II, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2 (on order) and CoD:World at War (on order) at this price.

$10 GC with purchase of Shawn White for the Wii as well.

Picked up Bond. Was going to get that locally, but if Amazon will give me a $15 GC I'm all over that.

I was hoping the $10 gc applied to the Animal Crossing Wii Speak bundle. That would bring it more in line with how I thought it would be priced. Fingers crossed that the bundle drops by $10 anyhow and then they stack a gc on top.

[quote name='cagvash']Where's the Valkyria Chronicles $10 GC? Haven't seen that one show up.[/quote]

Seems like they killed it even though it said the promotion would end on the 10th.

[quote name='Shady3011']Seems like they killed it even though it said the promotion would end on the 10th.[/quote]

They would not even honor it even though I got in on the deal. I cancelled and will find it at CC online 44.99 hopefully or get BB TO PM. I'm angry at Amazon.

anyone get their code for buying any of the games? I received Wii Music about 2 weeks ago and nothing. Also it seems they changed the promo period. Does anyone no if that means those who bought it during the original period are screwed?

damn you Amazon.com that and because they weren't able to fight that taxing issue!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone get their code for buying any of the games? I received Wii Music about 2 weeks ago and nothing. Also it seems they changed the promo period. Does anyone no if that means those who bought it during the original period are screwed?

damn you Amazon.com that and because they weren't able to fight that taxing issue![/QUOTE]

No you should get it within 10 business days of that promo's end, which was the 31st I believe. That would put it that you should receive the code by next Friday.

[quote name='theflicker']I was hoping the $10 gc applied to the Animal Crossing Wii Speak bundle. That would bring it more in line with how I thought it would be priced. Fingers crossed that the bundle drops by $10 anyhow and then they stack a gc on top.[/QUOTE]

You can buy AC and Wii Speak together (as separate items) to get 15% off Wii Speak and still get the GC, making it like $65.48 in the end. I think that's the best you'll be able to pull off since that bundle will likely be sold out as long as Wii Fit and Mario Kart were/are.

I really hope people aren't going to give the 1up review of Wii Music much stock. After all, Jennifer Tsao wrote it, and she's always been heavily predisposed to the uber-chick-friendly (pseudo)games.* More significantly, she just left 1up to take a job with Sega (I think) that focuses on such "Lifetime Network" gaming. Reading her goodbye blog, I'd go so far as to say that she did everything but outright denounce core gaming.

And in the interest of being 'equal opportunity', from what I've read, I wouldn't buy Quantum of Solace if they gave me a $30 gift card code. I mean, who really has the time or money right now for a short, second-tier FPS that's destined to have an anemic online 'community' by the first of the year??

EDIT: Can I also add that since the exodus of, oh, anyone you could ever respect, left 1up, I think there's been a 'sea change' there in terms of their grading philosophy. Let's just put it this way: these days, it seems like IGN is the tougher scorer. Dan Hsu leaves, they're back in Ubisoft's good graces...yeah, Sellout Central. Having the young kids dominating the staff means that the staff is eager and easier to control. These tykes don't want to lose this gig, not when they just started, and definitely not in this economy.

*--But by all means, if you're into selectively overlooking virtually every other review out there to find the outlier point that says exactly what you want to hear, then this is the game for you!

If you bought Wii Music expecting that $20 coupon just be warned Amazon is trying to get out of giving the codes. The original promotion ran from sometime in August to October 31st and then they extended it from November 1 - November 8 or something like that. I emailed asking where my code was and they tried denying me because they said the site now only said Nov 1 - 8. I used the "phone me now" feature and talked to someone over the phone who issued me the $20 credit to my account immediately as a "one time exception to their policy."

[quote name='xbox_mole']If you bought Wii Music expecting that $20 coupon just be warned Amazon is trying to get out of giving the codes. The original promotion ran from sometime in August to October 31st and then they extended it from November 1 - November 8 or something like that. I emailed asking where my code was and they tried denying me because they said the site now only said Nov 1 - 8. I used the "phone me now" feature and talked to someone over the phone who issued me the $20 credit to my account immediately as a "one time exception to their policy."[/QUOTE]

Terrible. Especially since with a little big of digging, I found the promo.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promos/pricing/details/wii-music-wii.html

They have until next Friday to send out the code based on this message, but now you really have me worried.

[quote name='xbox_mole']If you bought Wii Music expecting that $20 coupon just be warned Amazon is trying to get out of giving the codes. The original promotion ran from sometime in August to October 31st and then they extended it from November 1 - November 8 or something like that. I emailed asking where my code was and they tried denying me because they said the site now only said Nov 1 - 8. I used the "phone me now" feature and talked to someone over the phone who issued me the $20 credit to my account immediately as a "one time exception to their policy."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing this up, I was wondering the same thing too because there's no mention of the bonus anywhere on my order.

I'm going to email them too and make sure I'll still get it. Luckily, I haven't opened the one I ordered as it's a present for later and I have until Dec 1 to return it.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my Fable 2 card. It was released October 21st, well more than 10 days ago. I haven't received a reply to my e-mail, either; I sent an e-mail about it a week or two ago and got some response saying I didn't qualify.

I don't know what all the trouble is with this, but it's a big mess that they really need to rectify, and we're a big public they need to pacify. I say we get a nerdy, ticked off, cheap-ass petition going

I e-mailed them about the Valkyria Chronicles and Resistance 2 " $10 off a future game and gift card things". Hopefully they aren't being cheesy on purpose. The lack of any documentation as you buy and in your order docs is definitely not a very good sign though.

I guess I'll know for sure by Nov. 14th.

If they are playing it crooked then maybe I can call Clark Howard on 'em. :)

Man, I hope I don't have to contact them for my code. I got my Wii Music through gaminglagoon as a preorder and the gaminglagoon staff said as long as the promo code was emailed to them they would forward it to me (which was incredibly nice). But if they have to take an extra step and contact customer service I don't know that they would be as helpful.

Oh well, the game was free anyway, and I love it. Still, $20 is $20.

[quote name='Shady3011']Seems like they killed it even though it said the promotion would end on the 10th.[/quote]

For Valkyria Chronicles, the promo was valid for pre-orders (at least that's what I remember reading when I placed my order a few weeks back, correct me if I'm wrong). So, of course, the promo would be taken off the day it was released (11/4). Kinda odd that the promo would run through 11/10 if it was a pre-order bonus.

I do hope I receive my coupon code or my copy goes back to Amazon.

Ah, so they changed the terms. I thought I was due my credit yesterday, when in fact its not truthfully due until the 14th. It's still concerning that they didn't respond with that when I emailed them.

bread's done
Back