$5/$10/$15/$20 Off Future Gaming Purchases w/Select Pre-orders at Amazon: Bond Added!

yingfo

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Here's an update, which includes a $15 Quantum of Solace (PS3/360) offer. Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer's ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

---------
Earlier posts
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding(DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Fallout 3 (PS3/360) Collector's edition (PS3/360)
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Far Cry 2 (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Dead Space (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Tomb Raider Underworld (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (360/PS3/PS2/DS)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:360:Fable II
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

-------------------------

Amazon has a pretty good deal if you purchase Wii Music before October 31st you can get a coupon for $20 a future game purchase.

Amazon.com: Wii Music

I will definitely wait for reviews to see if it is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='superdry']For Valkyria Chronicles, the promo was valid for pre-orders (at least that's what I remember reading when I placed my order a few weeks back, correct me if I'm wrong). So, of course, the promo would be taken off the day it was released (11/4). Kinda odd that the promo would run through 11/10 if it was a pre-order bonus.

I do hope I receive my coupon code or my copy goes back to Amazon.[/quote]

You're probably right about that. I'm not sure why it said the 10th when I looked under promo details.

contacted amazon about my LBP GC via email.

sent me an email saying their GC email got sent to my spam folder and resent the body of the msg with the code so i got it

i think the 'spam folder' thing is just their way of denying responsibility for what seems to be dropping the ball on these htings.. but whatevre they came thru in the end

I'm pretty sure that when they say to allow 10 business days, that you should probably allow ten business days before you start a petition or calling customer service, etc. It was stated rather clearly in the promotional details when I purchased Wii Music in October that the code would arrive within 10 business days after the end of the promotion (Oct. 31 for that specific promotion). That would mean I will have the code by 11/14. Now if you just purchased Wii Music in November, you have to wait until 10 business days after Nov. 8th (the current promotion).

Instead of reassurance that I'd definitely get a $10 off voucher and a $10 amazon gift certificate (as my e-mail requested) Amazon immediately processed a single $10 refund to my credit card. In some ways that's even better than a $10 off coupon!

Of course now I have to worry about whether the other $10 premium (giftcard) will show up by the 14th, If not, maybe they'll refund me another $10.

Either way their desire to make good in some form seems very commendable to me!

I got my Little Big Planet code, which took about 8 days to get. I'm going to wait for the Gears of War 2 code to show up in a week or so. Great deals in my opinion since those gift cards will just go to purchase the next big game.

[quote name='toogood']Did anybody get the $10 code for their purchase of Fallout 3 yet? All I got was the free wallpapers email.[/quote]

I have not received it also, only the wallpapers. This is ridiculous.

Still waiting on LBP code myself. For the record, I preordered it on October 8th. I wonder if they're going with a 'first ordered, first served' approach, or if it's more along the lines of some standard-issue Korporate Kaos. I also wonder if they're dragging their feet a bit on purpose because they want people to buy the 'holiday season' new releases at full price, and to have the codes to burn on less desirable titles later. I doubt that's the case, but I can't dismiss it completely.

I got a code for Madden 09, and I seem to recall receiving it pretty damned promptly. Hmm....

I emailed Amazon about my code for Wii Music from when I preordered it and I got the most non-nonsensical response. They said I'd get my code by the 21st... which is the date for the new promotion.

If I don't get my code tomorrow, which is when I am supposed to get it.

[quote name='Bubbakja']I got my LBP code today, but no FAble II yet. Anyone get their Fable code?[/quote]
I haven't gotten my Fable 2 code yet.

[quote name='prateeko']Anyone have the terms of the Fallout 3 GC? I haven't gotten mine and very much ordered in the correct time period...[/quote]

Here are the full terms of the Fallout 3 promotion:
Order your copy of the standard edition of Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid from October 25, 2008 to November 1, 2008. The promotional code will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the promotion end date. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate the promotion at any time. Limit 3 per household.

EDIT: The text 'standard edition of Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360' of course varied based on whichever version's page you were viewing.

I just got a reply from Amazon about the Wii Music Promotion.

This promotion was valid from August 1, 2008 to October 31, 2008 and has been extended until November 8, 2008.

Therefore, qualifying customer's, who ordered on or before October 31, 2008, will receive a $20 promotional certificate within 10 business days after the promotion end date of October 31, 2008.

You should receive your $20 promotional certificate by November 14, 2008.

If you have not received your certificate by this date, please let us know by filling out the e-mail form on this page:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

[quote name='ryuu']I just got a reply from Amazon about the Wii Music Promotion.[/quote]

Thanks for checking up on it. I was worried that they just canceled the promotion. When it does come in, I'm totally gonna use this on Last Remnant to bring it down to $20!

[quote name='ryuu']I just got a reply from Amazon about the Wii Music Promotion.[/quote]

thanks now i dont have to email them... hope i get it in time for AC

[quote name='ryuu']I just got a reply from Amazon about the Wii Music Promotion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... that's at least an actual response compared to what I got.

But am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that we're getting in on the 14th, which is 2 weeks after the end of the promotion? 10 days after the end of the promotion (Oct. 31) should be Nov. 10, not Nov. 14.

Oh well, at least we're getting it guess.

[quote name='Vinny']Thanks... that's at least an actual response compared to what I got.

But am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that we're getting in on the 14th, which is 2 weeks after the end of the promotion? 10 days after the end of the promotion (Oct. 31) should be Nov. 10, not Nov. 14.

Oh well, at least we're getting it guess.[/QUOTE]

10 business days is the 14th, which is what the terms stated

[quote name='prateeko']Anyone have the terms of the Fallout 3 GC? I haven't gotten mine and very much ordered in the correct time period...[/QUOTE]

Amazon just emailed me the $10 code for the purchase of Fallout 3. Put it toward The Last Remnant knocking it down to $29.99.

Hm. So, I just received my promo code for Fallout 3. If I were to apply this to another game with the same promotion (say, Animal Crossing) would I receive a code for that game as well, or would this effectively "void" the offer? Anyone know?

[quote name='Ninja Knife']Hm. So, I just received my promo code for Fallout 3. If I were to apply this to another game with the same promotion (say, Animal Crossing) would I receive a code for that game as well, or would this effectively "void" the offer? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You would get another code. It is like cash essentially.

[quote name='badlieut']You would get another code. It is like cash essentially.[/QUOTE]

Except, unlike the $10 gift card, you cannot apply a promotional gift card to an existing preorder. drat. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some reason to use it :)

got my wii music code this morning!

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your order of Wii Music. It is our pleasure to send you this $20 promotional code valid towards the purchase of video game items at Amazon.com/games.
Don't delete this message. You'll need the promotional code below. You may want to print a copy of this message for easy reference later.

[quote name='Lucian']Except, unlike the $10 gift card, you cannot apply a promotional gift card to an existing preorder. drat. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some reason to use it :)[/QUOTE]

You should be able to. You go into your order page, and pull up the preorder. At the bottom, there's a spot to apply a gift certificate. Put in your code, and you should see it reflected in the total price of the order. I just did it with my Fable 2 code (which I emailed them about, and that they just re-emailed to me yesterday), applying it to an order containing three preorders that haven't shipped, and one that already did.

[quote name='Chaz']You should be able to. You go into your order page, and pull up the preorder. At the bottom, there's a spot to apply a gift certificate. Put in your code, and you should see it reflected in the total price of the order. I just did it with my Fable 2 code (which I emailed them about, and that they just re-emailed to me yesterday), applying it to an order containing three preorders that haven't shipped, and one that already did.[/QUOTE]

I tried that already and you can't. I got the Fable 2 Gift Card and applied it to an existing order, but the $10 off a future game purchase (Fallout 3) is not a gift card (it's a promotional code) so you can only use it when you first checkout the item. You'll also notice there is a note right below the gift card box on the existing order that says promotional codes cannot be applied.

If you get it to work, that would be great, but as for right now, I don't see how I could use it on an existing preorder. (And I'm not going to cancel because then I'll loose my gold box discount :) )

[quote name='spree4567']10 business days is the 14th, which is what the terms stated[/QUOTE]

Ah... stupid me, I didn't realize it said 10 business days.:whistle2:x

Anyway, I got my $20 code just now so... whoopie!!!:D

I wonder if the AC bundle has anything extra in it that the game and Wii Speak sold separately won't. I'm thinking that I should buy them separately for the 15% off promo (total of $75.48), apply the $20 GC and pay $55.48, but still get another $10 GC that way. But then again, I played the heck out of the GCN game, bought the DS game at launch and never got into it.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I wonder if the AC bundle has anything extra in it that the game and Wii Speak sold separately won't. I'm thinking that I should buy them separately for the 15% off promo (total of $75.48), apply the $20 GC and pay $55.48, but still get another $10 GC that way. But then again, I played the heck out of the GCN game, bought the DS game at launch and never got into it.[/quote]

I dont this its worth the hassle... You're gonna pay $5 more to get a $10 credit... Which in turn is $5.. and in order to get that $5 you need to spend more $ on another video game...

I still haven't gotten mine from Valkyria Chronicles yet, but it hasn't been 10 business days either. I was hoping to apply that code to a last minute Left 4 Dead preorder

I haven't, but keep in mind that technically, there's no legitimate reason to gripe about it until next Friday, i.e., 10 business days after the game's release.

But seeing as how you'd probably just be delaying the inevitable by waiting until the appropriate time, I'd start griping now.

Amazon customer service finally sent me a $10 code for Fable 2 today (along with Microsoft sending me the limited edition content code). :D

How much did you have to bug them? Once? Twice? More than obnoxious kids in the backseat asking "Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet?" every tenth of a mile?

I can be patient, but I don't want to let some sort of customer service 'statute of limitations' expire, either. Ergo, I call tomorrow to follow up on my unanswered emails from last night.

EDIT: vvvvv Thanks. Like I said, I'll give it another shot tomorrow, if necessary. Pretty pathetic on their part that it took almost a month and two emails to get you a $10 promotional code that once sent, probably takes about two seconds for your Inbox to receive. Especially amazing in light of how they never seem to fail to notify you instantly when a preorder/purchase is made and when an item ships. Of course, the former authorizes the purchaser's credit card, the latter officially charges it. Funny how that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jollydwarf']How much did you have to bug them? Once? Twice? More than obnoxious kids in the backseat asking "Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet?" every tenth of a mile?

I can be patient, but I don't want to let some sort of customer service 'statute of limitations' expire, either. Ergo, I call tomorrow to follow up on my unanswered emails from last night.[/quote]
Twice.

I first sent them an email on Monday which they didn't respond to. I sent them a second email on Thursday night and got a response by 8AM Friday morning.

[quote name='gryphter']I still haven't gotten mine from Valkyria Chronicles yet, but it hasn't been 10 business days either. I was hoping to apply that code to a last minute Left 4 Dead preorder[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten my code for Valkyria Chronicles yet either. And they better send it to me after marking VC down to $50 after shipping it :whistle2:(

Anyone having issues applying their Fallout 3 code.? I keep getting an error that I might have misstyped a number or transposed one but I'm just copying and pasting. I got the same error if I typed it as well. I've written amazon twice w/ no reply cause I wanted to apply it to Left 4 Dead. Usually they respond w/i 24 hours, but not now.

[quote name='badlieut']Anyone having issues applying their Fallout 3 code.? I keep getting an error that I might have misstyped a number or transposed one but I'm just copying and pasting. I got the same error if I typed it as well. I've written amazon twice w/ no reply cause I wanted to apply it to Left 4 Dead. Usually they respond w/i 24 hours, but not now.[/QUOTE]

You're entering it in the right place, yeah? You have to do it during checkout.

[quote name='Lint21']You're entering it in the right place, yeah? You have to do it during checkout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was. Amazon finally wrote back and credited my card for the $10.

bread's done
Back