$5 Amazon Promo Credit for Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013

ea_woods

CAGiversary!
Check your email folders for the promo notification to see if you got the credit. Link and details below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

"Our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 are below. Customers will receive a $5 promotional credit for each qualifying purchase (any purchase from the Digital Games store, excluding free items), but the promotional credits cannot be stacked on top of each other when they are used. Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014 and must be used by January 31, 2014. "

Last edited by a moderator:
So, to help with some confusion in this thread, the list of what games qualify for the EC promo changes throughout the month. Some will be regular price, some will stay at the price they were during the holiday sale, and a lot will have a different sale price that is slightly more than the holiday sale price (making it less than it was during the holiday sale when a coupon is applied) also, there is a chance you may get some games for free or get a huge discount on them if there is a price glitch or that game gets price matched to one of Steam's daily deals. If you have any questions, read the OP of the Amazon DVG thread or DM Tony (our Amazon rep/ the guy who runs the Amazon DVG thread) with questions. He's awesome and has helped us get a lot of games added to promotions and such. Just do not ask him to price match something because you can do that directly through Amazon an he gets enough DM's as it is.

Edit: Also look for Ashes Kitty, she has links in her sig to the preliminary EC list and other helpful stuff.

Some games are showing up on the Promo page, but the discounts haven't been applied yet. (At least, I hope that's the case.)

Nothing caught my eye, personally; I hope more games show up tomorrow.

Is it possible to get more promo credits? I only have 3, and was planning on buying xbox credit anyway, so if I get some more by buying it in $5 increments it would be a nice bonus.

Is it possible to get more promo credits? I only have 3, and was planning on buying xbox credit anyway, so if I get some more by buying it in $5 increments it would be a nice bonus.
nope

Some games are showing up on the Promo page, but the discounts haven't been applied yet. (At least, I hope that's the case.)

Nothing caught my eye, personally; I hope more games show up tomorrow.
it doesn't start until tomorrow, and the starting list isn't very big. they're still waiting to hear back from a lot of people to add to the list so it will be changing throughout the month.

I wasn't getting my hopes up, but wow. 

That's a let down from what you'd expect to see PLANNING to see a let-down.

Unless games get added or prices changed, it looks like I'll only be spending about $5 (X-COM Collection) (Heh- maybe not even that- in another thread on reddit, it's mentioned that will go up to $14.99 as soon as the sale starts to that the application of the credit puts it right back to $9.99)

If you compare it to that list from reddit about what was on the sale last year? This is just grizzly.

I feel sorry for the "Editors", because as it stand right now, it really looks like they've had to work incredibly hard shining a big pile of turds that end up looking even worse because of the very fresh memories people have of the Steam sale AND very good Amazon holiday sales.

Right now I'm kinda wondering who these editors are which are choosing some of EA's worst games of 2013. :?:

Or to put it another way; Amazon selling Origin codes for Battlefield 4 and SimCity is just inviting refund requests and CC payment disputes.

I wasn't getting my hopes up, but wow.

That's a let down from what you'd expect to see PLANNING to see a let-down.

Unless games get added or prices changed, it looks like I'll only be spending about $5 (X-COM Collection)

If you compare it to that list from reddit about what was on the sale last year? This is just grizzly.

Right now it looks like "Electronic Arts Choice" rather than editors...

Right now I'm kinda wondering who these editors are which are choosing some of EA's worst games of 2013. :?:

Or to put it another way; Amazon selling Origin codes for Battlefield 4 and SimCity is just inviting refund requests and CC payment disputes.
They were only able to set up a few deals to start because everyone was gone for the holidays. They'll hear back from the rest this week. if you want to stay updated on the EC list you'll need to keep an eye on the Amazon thread

They were only able to set up a few deals to start because everyone was gone for the holidays. They'll hear back from the rest this week. if you want to stay updated on the EC list you'll need to keep an eye on the Amazon thread
The list isn't finalized to be sure. I'm just wondering, specifically, about the exposure to refund requests and disputed charges which both BF4 and SimCity open Amazon up to.

It sure looks like EA offered-up quite a few 2013 stinkers which, I would hope, Amazon is fully aware of when it comes to potentially unsatisfied customers.

It says editor's so it implies that it is one editor selecting these. Maybe it's that Derp hacker.

The list isn't finalized to be sure. I'm just wondering, specifically, about the exposure to refund requests and disputed charges which both BF4 and SimCity open Amazon up to.

It sure looks like EA offered-up quite a few 2013 stinkers which, I would hope, Amazon is fully aware of when it comes to potentially unsatisfied customers.
yeah, they try to get as many games that they picked on there, but the companies they deal with will always disagree for some or make them put something up that probably shouldn't be there.

lol at the peasants hoping this will give them a good deal on console crap.
I got a coupon for buying a $5 Xbox credit for my console. While I appreciate the coupon from Amazon, it's fucking moronic that I won't be able to use it towards games for the system that I bought the original qualifying content for.

So even though there's a link to Amazon's PSN digital store underneath the offer details in the OP link, it's only good for the "editor's choice" PCDD games listed under that, right?

Considering how closely we all monitor prices and the fact the steam sale just ended, using these codes is going to be almost impossible.

I got a coupon for buying a $5 Xbox credit for my console. While I appreciate the coupon from Amazon, it's fucking moronic that I won't be able to use it towards games for the system that I bought the original qualifying content for.

So even though there's a link to Amazon's PSN digital store underneath the offer details in the OP link, it's only good for the "editor's choice" PCDD games listed under that, right?
yeah, it can only be used on the PCDD games on the EC list.

Tony confirmed that there will not be anything for consoles on the list.

It sounds to me like buying these games gets you the code. My email said that the promotional credit was already applied, and when I tried it would allow me to use it on COD Ghosts PS4 digital. Just an FYI.

Considering how closely we all monitor prices and the fact the steam sale just ended, using these codes is going to be almost impossible.
As mentioned earlier, the prices last year did fluctuate. There was nothing worth getting (in my opinion) on the first few days of the sale, and then some discounts from somewhere kicked in that make one or two of the offers tolerable at that price with the coupon. Will see if something similar happens this year. As of now, it's a no-go for me, but it was last year at this point, too. :lol

It sounds to me like buying these games gets you the code. My email said that the promotional credit was already applied, and when I tried it would allow me to use it on COD Ghosts PS4 digital. Just an FYI.
Are you saying you tried it with COD Ghosts download on PS4, and it worked?

It sounds to me like buying these games gets you the code. My email said that the promotional credit was already applied, and when I tried it would allow me to use it on COD Ghosts PS4 digital. Just an FYI.
Between November 21st to December 31st, any item you bought form the digital store got you one $5 credit. these credits were applied to everyone who had them's account today. They can only be used on the games in the EC list starting tomorrow. You most likely have credit from somethign else that is applying to your purchase because the EC coupons aren't active yet and wouldn't work for what you're buying. A lot of people had similar stuff come up in the Amazon thread because they had promo credit from other stuff.

I got 3 emails yesterday with the $5 promo. They are for orders that i placed for 2 PS Plus cards and a Max Payne game.

so nothing for consoles? or any psn credit which i would want to use and have a link for  psn digital store

People posting about how awful it is that they can't stack their 20 coupons are pretty funny. I guess there will always be someone whining about something somewhere.  (even if it is a redundant thread that doesn't need to exist since there's the Amazon DVG one)

EA as a corporation is far from responsible for its subsidiaries coming out with bad games.  I love BioWare games and their devs have said EA is largely hands off... So the developers who made the crappy games are the ones responsible... Seemingly people just like the easy escape-goat and hating on corporations.

I believe those questioning the intelligence of Amazon's marketing for dishing out $5 for PSN and XBL related purchases are right;  If, come midnight Amazon actually does refuse to redeem the credit for new PSN or XBL purchases.

Thus I pray that Koneesha is right and Amazon changes the policy.  It would be easy enough for them to exclude purchases less than say $10 USD, or whatever they want the limit to be.  Thus preventing someone who spent $1 from getting a $5 coupon.

According to n4g.com

• Ace Patrol Bundle – $5.99
  • BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION – $7.99
  • BioShock Infinite – $13.1967
  • Contrast – $11.99
  • Crysis 3 – $9.99
  • Dead Space 3 – $9.99
  • Dead Space 3: Awakened – $8.49
  • F1 2013 – $24.99
  • F1 2013 Classic Edition – $32.49
  • FIFA 14 [Instant Access] – $28.99
  • FIFA 14 – $28.99
  • Final Exam – $7.99
  • NBA 2K14 – $19.99
  • Need For Speed Rivals – $29.99
  • Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] – $29.99
  • SimCity – Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) – $19.99
  • SimCity – Standard Edition – $19.99
  • SimCity [Instant Access] – $19.99
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified – $14.99
  • The Sims 3 70′s, 80′s and 90′s Stuff – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Dragon Valley – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Into the Future – $17.99
  • The Sims 3 Island Paradise – Standard Edition – $14.99
  • The Sims 3 Monte Vista – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Movie Stuff – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Starter Pack – $9.99
  • The XCOM Collection – $14.99
  • XCOM: Enemy Within – $19.99

According to n4g.com

• Ace Patrol Bundle – $5.99
  • BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION – $7.99
  • BioShock Infinite – $13.1967
  • Contrast – $11.99
  • Crysis 3 – $9.99
  • Dead Space 3 – $9.99
  • Dead Space 3: Awakened – $8.49
  • F1 2013 – $24.99
  • F1 2013 Classic Edition – $32.49
  • FIFA 14 [Instant Access] – $28.99
  • FIFA 14 – $28.99
  • Final Exam – $7.99
  • NBA 2K14 – $19.99
  • Need For Speed Rivals – $29.99
  • Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] – $29.99
  • SimCity – Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) – $19.99
  • SimCity – Standard Edition – $19.99
  • SimCity [Instant Access] – $19.99
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified – $14.99
  • The Sims 3 70′s, 80′s and 90′s Stuff – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Dragon Valley – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Into the Future – $17.99
  • The Sims 3 Island Paradise – Standard Edition – $14.99
  • The Sims 3 Monte Vista – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Movie Stuff – $9.99
  • The Sims 3 Starter Pack – $9.99
  • The XCOM Collection – $14.99
  • XCOM: Enemy Within – $19.99
This is just the preliminary list compiled by Tony, a lot more will be added within the next few days, and evryhting will change throughout the month as more deals are added and things get price matched to Steam sales

Bioshock Infinite is listing at $10 right now, andmy account says I have software/game download credit. Am I good to go for $5 Bioshock Infinite?

[quote name="kingtopher" post="11415304" timestamp="1388813730"](even if it is a redundant thread that doesn't need to exist since there's the Amazon DVG one)[/quote]

I don't go in that thread because I don't download PC games from Amazon, yet here I am with a coupon.

$4.99 (after coupon) for Bioshock Infinite is a great deal!  Tempted...

Realy, really hope that Payday 2 turns out to be an EC...procrastinated and missed it on Steam.

I do have to say that my understanding is that all the links listed below the promo description are part of the digital game store

Does anyone know if I could use the credit to get the PSN credit?  There's a digital code right under the promotional link (under the PS Digital Games and DLC tab), but I just want to make sure. :)

Dang!  I was really hoping it would since it said "anything" from the digital game store and the PSN code was digital (and heck, I only got the credit in the first place because I got one of those codes!).

Ah well, now people know.

bread's done
Back