$5 Amazon Promo Credit for Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013

ea_woods

CAGiversary!
Check your email folders for the promo notification to see if you got the credit. Link and details below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

"Our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 are below. Customers will receive a $5 promotional credit for each qualifying purchase (any purchase from the Digital Games store, excluding free items), but the promotional credits cannot be stacked on top of each other when they are used. Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014 and must be used by January 31, 2014. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two $5 credits but I'm not a PC gamer so I guess these are going to waste.
Got 11 $5 credits, I am a PC gamer but the deals suck so I guess these are going to waste.

and yes yes before anyone gets their panties in a bunch I realize other deals may be added later or they may price match a game on the EC list if Steam puts it on sale but still I am not getting my hopes up.

I have eight $5 credits and may not use most of them but I got them for buying games/DLC I wanted so who cares? 

Cripes, some of you people must go ape irate when the Value-Pak coupon envelope arrives in the mail.  "$50 off Furnace Cleaning!?  But I don't want my furnace cleaned!  RRWAARRGGHHH!!!!"

I have eight $5 credits and may not use most of them but I got them for buying games/DLC I wanted so who cares?

Cripes, some of you people must go ape irate when the Value-Pak coupon envelope arrives in the mail. "$50 off Furnace Cleaning!? But I don't want my furnace cleaned! RRWAARRGGHHH!!!!"
Well duh. I actually make little voodoo dolls and pin the coupons on them and set them on fire.

They didn't actually state it but the EC list has never been anything other than PC games.  Amazon probably should have clarified that since they made the push to expand to everything on the digital download store.

this is kind of a lame promotion TBH. 

Even if it was a smaller amount it would be better if it applied to all PC downloads. Even a $3 discount instead would be more useful. Many of these are more expensive with the $5 credit than they have been in the past.

Cripes, some of you people must go ape irate when the Value-Pak coupon envelope arrives in the mail. "$50 off Furnace Cleaning!? But I don't want my furnace cleaned! RRWAARRGGHHH!!!!"
Nah I don't actually care and only bought what I wanted a price I was willing to pay so if they don't get used that's fine.

I was just trying to point out to the console crowd that just because some of us are PC gamers doesn't mean those vouchers are necessarily of use to all of us since the deals are rather so-so.

My comment about about 'so I guess these are going to waste.' was facetiously parroting back his exact works to make a point and not necessarily that I literally think they are a waste or care.

But you know this is the internet so of course some people would rather think people are nerd raging over a bunch of virtual $5 coupons and having a hysterical breakdown and flying off the handle about Valu-Pak and what not so if that makes you happy to have that fantasy have fun with it.

I think I've managed to use all my coupons every year they've been doing this. I'm skeptical that I'll use up all mine this year since I have like 3 times as many coupons as I've had in the past.

Still, looking forward to a couple good deals to pop up.

But you know this is the internet so of course some people would rather think people are nerd raging over a bunch of virtual $5 coupons and having a hysterical breakdown and flying off the handle about Valu-Pak and what not so if that makes you happy to have that fantasy have fun with it.
I wasn't actually referring to you but I'm glad I gave you something to nerd rage about :whee:

Today is the last day to use your credit.

I am thinking about getting Tomb Raider, but I'm confused as to whether it is actually part of the Editor's Choice games.

I just added it to my cart to check, but didn't check out.  

I can confirm that the 5$ discount does apply.  I'd forgotten about this... I might pick this game up.

Interestingly, one of the comments says the game changes its language to French?  And they haven't patched it yet?  That's... hilariously stupid.  

Buyer beware, I guess.

I just added it to my cart to check, but didn't check out.

I can confirm that the 5$ discount does apply. I'd forgotten about this... I might pick this game up.

Interestingly, one of the comments says the game changes its language to French? And they haven't patched it yet? That's... hilariously stupid.

Buyer beware, I guess.
People who write those Amazon reviews for the digital PC games tend to be notoriously stupid and filled with all sorts of user error. I've owned Tomb Raider PC for some time now and never had any problems with it being in French. Ditto for plenty of other people I know. Also the game as been out for about a year now so I would imagine if there were such an actual issue at one point that it would have been long since fixed.

Anyone having trouble buying anything with the EC credit? I have $15 in EC credit but no discounts coming off Tomb Raider, Enslaved etc...

People who write those Amazon reviews for the digital PC games tend to be notoriously stupid and filled with all sorts of user error. I've owned Tomb Raider PC for some time now and never had any problems with it being in French. Ditto for plenty of other people I know. Also the game as been out for about a year now so I would imagine if there were such an actual issue at one point that it would have been long since fixed.
OMG I BOUGHT TIHS GAME AND ALL THEY GAVE ME WAS LIKE THESE LETTERS ITS A CODE I GAVEUP I DONT KNOW CRYPTOGRAPHY HOW I PLAY GAME WTF 1 STAR

Been looking to pick up Enslaved and hadn't spent any of my credits all month and then I decided to check this topic and boy was I happy to see that bundle on sale :D

Bought that bundle and the Blood Omen bundle as well. Heard good things about those games so decided to spend my other $5 credit on it.

Now whether to buy the Thief bundle or not...

I had two $5 promo credits, per the emails I received.

First purchase it took off $5.

Second purchase it took off $5 and $3 - free game. Don't know where the $3 came from or why it wasn't applied to the first game, but w/e.

Try your luck. You've got 25 minutes, at least.

bread's done
Back