$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bruticis']Yes it can, I just placed 3 separate orders and the code worked on all of them.[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks.

[quote name='Zin_LG']The D2D version uses steam works?[/QUOTE]
Oops, I thought I was in a different thread. I dunno. I haven't heard anything about it needing online activations or anything like that, if that's your concern.

Not part of the sale, but they have both DLC packs for Bioshock 2 at $4.95 each (Rapture Metro alone is usually 800 MS moon dollars) coupon code gets you both for under $5 bucks, or I suppose under a dollar each if you find a $0.99 item to throw in. I was slightly concerned that it wouldn't work with the steam version of bioshock 2 but the download is just the GFWL redemption code so no problems there.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

Oops, I thought I was in a different thread. I dunno. I haven't heard anything about it needing online activations or anything like that, if that's your concern.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter now I bought anyway because of the code.

[quote name='bitter1961']The comments at Rock, Paper, Shotgun mention a "PAX2010" coupon, good for $5 off $5 or more. Doesn't work on $4.95 games, but it works on the $6 games to get them for $1, or you can add $0.99 Defense Grid DLC packs to pad an order to be more than $5.

Also means both special edition Monkey Island games for $2.50.[/QUOTE]

Respect. Thanks.

[quote name='JokerWild']They need to fire the person who does the daily update... >.>[/QUOTE]

They probably caught wind of the PAX2010 code and are trying to fix that rather than updating the daily deal.

I'm using the code and specifying the purchases are gifts so I can give to my sons friends :)

Damn hit my 5 limit, set up a 2nd account and hit it on that as well (sent all the items as gifts to myself).

Picked up about 12 games for about 10$, yea haaa

Lol hit a 5 item limit (one item per transaction, 5 transactions), does anyone know if is this a daily limit?

EDIT: Wow, and my account just disappears off the face of their database, this will not end well.

I have defense grid on steam already. Does anyone know if i get the dlc on d2d it will add to my steam account? would like an quick answer if possible for obvious reasons lol.

[quote name='kosmos13x']I have defense grid on steam already. Does anyone know if i get the dlc on d2d it will add to my steam account? would like an quick answer if possible for obvious reasons lol.[/QUOTE] yes activate the dlc key in steam

It definitely seem like they are taking care of the coupon. Its been 3 hours and they still haven't updated.

Damn, who would be so nice and buy a poor european some games ? it seems there are some nice deals to be made with that pax coupon! i can transfer money via paypal.

Episodes of Liberty City for $10 is tempting. I had trouble adjusting to the driving controls on keyboard though.

wow i got:

dark messiah $5
silverfall earth awakening $1
monkey island special edition bundle $2.50
arsenal of democracy $1
Dirt 2 $1
Champions Online $1
Men of War red tide $1
defense grid $5
def grid dlc 4 + bioshock metro dlc $1
bioshock sinclair dlc + the maw dlc 1 $1.20

all for exactly $20.68 (with tax) i love d2d. :bouncy:

3.21 got me the following:

Silverfall
Silverfall expansion
Dirt 2
Defense grid DLC 1
DLC 2
DLC 3
DLC 4
The Maw DLC 1

Stretching the consumer dollar to the max!

[quote name='kosmos13x']3.21 got me the following:

Silverfall
Silverfall expansion
Dirt 2
Defense grid DLC 1
DLC 2
DLC 3
DLC 4
The Maw DLC 1

Stretching the consumer dollar to the max![/QUOTE]

and a few days ago we were complaining about d2d having crappy sales. :D

I've been waiting forever for D2D to put the GTA4 episodes on sale. I know Steam has had a similar price before but I prefer to keep any GFWL games separate from Steam for the sake of organization.

:applause:

The PAX2010 code is excellent, but, admittedly, I almost grabbed the Serious Sam games until I realized that they're not the HD editions.

I'm not sure what to think about Dirt 2 - Even with its good reviews, the game doesn't strike me as a compelling racer. (Blur may have spoiled me.) Is Dirt 2 really worth it, or is it really for people who like NASCAR 2001 on the original PS2?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm not sure what to think about Dirt 2 - Even with its good reviews, the game doesn't strike me as a compelling racer. (Blur may have spoiled me.) Is Dirt 2 really worth it, or is it really for people who like NASCAR 2001 on the original PS2?[/QUOTE]

Is it a super serious racing simulator a la Gran Turismo? No. It's a very good and involved racing game and as the above poster says, it's only a dollar.

Does anyone know if the Monkey Island games are a 1 day sale, or if they'll be there tomorrow? Also, if I get the bundle, can i keep the first one and give the second to a friend who already has the first?

[quote name='evilwrath666']1) What the hell does Dirt have to do with Nascar

2) Its a dollar, who cares[/QUOTE]
Reply time:
1) Looking at gameplay videos, I had the wrong idea of the game; Never mind the NASCAR reference.

2) Good point, my friend, good point.

Dammit, I want to be cheap, but I have so little to lose.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']I've been waiting forever for D2D to put the GTA4 episodes on sale. I know Steam has had a similar price before but I prefer to keep any GFWL games separate from Steam for the sake of organization.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Good point. I do have it on Steam, and I bought it for about $8. Later on, I found out that it included the episodes addon. So, it was a pretty good deal.

Dang it, I was going to give in and grab DiRT 2, but PAX2010 isn't working. I think CheapyD said earlier that it can be used an unlimited number of times during September.

Am I doing something wrong, is the coupon no longer valid after one use, or is D2D having another "moment?"

PAX (5 off 15) is the one that should be good through September according to CheapyD. PAX2010 (5 off 5)...I don't think anyone even knows why it exists but apparently it is indeed dead, good while it lasted.

EDIT: Actually it just seems to do the same thing as PAX now, so both are 5 off 15.

That's extremely odd - I got Monkey Island 2 and a Defense Grid DLC Pack for $1 ($5.94 + $0.06 tax, minus $5 from PAX2010.) just a few hours ago with PAX2010.

Whatever the case may be, I got Monkey Island 2, so I'm happy overall.

EDIT: The "PAX2010" code has been confirmed to no longer work.

Well that certainly makes my decision easier; I was thinking of trying Champions Online for the free month for a whopping $1 out of pocket as opposed to the Steam version which was still $6 (but has 700+ achievements..wtf?). Now if I still want to try it, Steam is the place for me.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Am I doing something wrong, is the coupon no longer valid after one use, or is D2D having another "moment?"[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's the usual thing: "Yeah this is an unlimited coupon, unless it suddenly becomes totally awesome."

[quote name='dfg']Nice! Thanks for posting the code. Grabbed King's Bounty and Silverfall:EA for 2 and change.[/QUOTE]

let me know how Silverfall:EA installs for you, since both my Silverfall and S:EA downloads were corrupt, and after I installed S:EA over Silverfall, I kept getting a runtime error when trying to run the game.

yes, I bit on them...and so far I am regretting it :D

[quote name='EliotAndrews']The PAX2010 code is excellent, but, admittedly, I almost grabbed the Serious Sam games until I realized that they're not the HD editions.[/quote]
There's still reason to own the original editions. There's some great mods for them that don't exist for the HD versions (yet), like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4oC4c-txI

I'm not sure what to think about Dirt 2 - Even with its good reviews, the game doesn't strike me as a compelling racer.
If blazing across awesome environments and flying sideways through turns at a hundred miles per hour, with the constant heart-stopping tension of always being just a moment's error away from complete disaster, doesn't seem compelling, then I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='caldazar']let me know how Silverfall:EA installs for you, since both my Silverfall and S:EA downloads were corrupt, and after I installed S:EA over Silverfall, I kept getting a runtime error when trying to run the game.

yes, I bit on them...and so far I am regretting it :D[/QUOTE]

Might be a while before I get to it, but I'll try. ;)

[quote name='dfg']Might be a while before I get to it, but I'll try. ;)[/QUOTE] i got both, installed fine. but the first one is pretty bad, second is "meh"

[quote name='henrylin22']i got both, installed fine. but the first one is pretty bad, second is "meh"[/QUOTE]

I've even gone so far as to install Comrade in the hopes that it would manage to download the installs/patches more efficiently. I wonder if the installer truly just sucks that much.

Bummer about the PAX2010 code. I was tempted on Dirt 2 but for a buck, I would have jumped on it.

The same thing happened a while ago when they had the "Thanks Raynor" code. The first day or so it could be used on any item regardless of price. I got Star Wolves 3 for 2.50 but the next day they upped it to $15 minimum.

[quote name='Caine']Bummer about the PAX2010 code. I was tempted on Dirt 2 but for a buck, I would have jumped on it.

The same thing happened a while ago when they had the "Thanks Raynor" code. The first day or so it could be used on any item regardless of price. I got Star Wolves 3 for 2.50 but the next day they upped it to $15 minimum.[/QUOTE]
I agree. However, if the GreenManGaming incident from a few months ago taught CAG's anything, it's that free games bring an unbelievable amount of traffic. Chances are, D2D was starting to lose money because of the $1 game exploit. (I would like to give a sincere thanks to Defense Grid's DLC.)

D2D isn't known for their generosity. (What would one expect from a service run by IGN?)

What did you expect Silverfall is a terrible game by a now defunct company, why woudl you think it would be easy to get it working?

As for another thing, when was the last time you heard a company being particularly generous when they didn't have to?

[quote name='JokerWild']What did you expect Silverfall is a terrible game by a now defunct company, why woudl you think it would be easy to get it working?

As for another thing, when was the last time you heard a company being particularly generous when they didn't have to?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with Valve releasing Alien Swarm for free.

Though I apperciate the little effort there on steams behalf. Is it out of the goodness of their heart? I doubt it. To quote Eilot here, "However, if the GreenManGaming incident from a few months ago taught CAG's anything, it's that free games bring an unbelievable amount of traffic"

Theres half a dozen games you could have picked up the direct 2 drive coupons for "free" normally. Thie coupon though combined with the sale deals isn't going to stay around, hell I'm suprised it even lasted as long as it did.

I'm talking more of a grand gesture here, like Valve not screwing me over with L4D 2 (but thats me in particular perhaps). Valve is a buisness just like anyone else, I don't know where people get this idea that they are a cute and cuddly. Sure they make great games and I love them for it. Their going to have to bump it up a lot from Alien Swarm before I beleive that they are "generous".

bread's done
Back