$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the fact that PS4 has zero console exclusives this holiday season aside from that stinky video game suppository, Driveclub? I love my PS4. I love my Wii U. I love my Xbox One. I'm not biased. The Xbox One has some great exclusives for the holidays. I think this sale and those games will help them out a good bit.
LittleBig Planet 3 comes out in November, but there's been no hype for it and I'm not sure how big of an impact it'll have coming out in such a busy month.

How about the fact that PS4 has zero console exclusives this holiday season aside from that stinky video game suppository, Driveclub? I love my PS4. I love my Wii U. I love my Xbox One. I'm not biased. The Xbox One has some great exclusives for the holidays. I think this sale and those games will help them out a good bit.
No lies detected, thank god 3rd party games are strong this Holiday. It helps Sonys situation a bit.

LittleBig Planet 3 comes out in November, but there's been no hype for it and I'm not sure how big of an impact it'll have coming out in such a busy month.
Good call. I forgot about that one. For some reason I was thinking it was delayed until next year. I'm sure that will be a fun game.

It will not be cheaper than this that's for sure.a extra game or so I with these bundles will happen though
Idk.... too many people said the exact same thing during the last sale (tried to search for that thread, but couldn't... I think BB and Walmart, etc., were all in that XB1 deal a couple (?) of months ago... I remember commenting that people should wait because MS wants to win this holiday season and tons of people said that would be the cheapest price all year and we wouldn't see any cheaper... lol).

But I agree, bundles will probably be the most likely deal. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two retailers doing a doorbuster kinect-less for $300-325...

They will never lose their global sales lead... but this could put a noticeable dent in their U.S. sales lead.

Since both consoles released at the same time this generation (people tend to overlook the fact that the 360 launched a year sooner, had wild success in the U.S. and still lost in overall global sales to the PS3) I don't see the PS4 ever falling significantly behind in any market though unless the X1 marketing staff consistently puts promotions like this together
I like the fact that they are actually trying with these promos. Hopefully when Halo 5 drops they have something running. Yeah i dont see this doing much to close any gaps in market share. For some reason I have a feeling the PS4 will still be one of the hot holiday items of the year.

Just to let you know people that have to announce they are not biased towards a console are in fact biased towards a console, but isnt that the same thing Xbox fans have been saying since launch? PS4 has no great exclusives yada yada and after Titanfall, price drops & free game giveaways the PS4 is still out selling the XO by a large margin.

[quote name="Pliskin" post="12187252" timestamp="1414414334"]This is tempting as hell, but the only game I want is SO. Im not interested in any other MS exclusive and multiplats are better on the PS4 so thats where I would buy those. Im not sure if its worth it for 1 game. :whistle2:k

Yep, MS went for the jugular with this promo. It will be hard to top.[/quote]
I agree. I haven't jumped into the next generation yet but am seriously tempted with this deal, especially with all the great bundles being offered.

There are more games being offered this holiday I want on Xbox One than PS4 - Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive. The problem is I would be investing in next generation on a platform which performs by game worse than on PS4. I'm not talking ResolutionGate, but more how framerate on multi platform games chugs on Xbox One in comparison.

Given that I just got a GTX970 for multi platform PC titles, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to buy an Xbox One for what's available right now, for what would be a long term investment. Last time I did that, I was stuck with a sizeable HD-DVD library. ;)

And Bloodborne, natch.

Just to let you know people that have to announce they are not biased towards a console are in fact biased towards a console, but isnt that the same thing Xbox fans have been saying since launch? PS4 has no great exclusives yada yada and after Titanfall, price drops & free game giveaways the PS4 is still out selling the XO by a large margin.
Just to let you know, I'm a video game developer who works on multi-platform titles that do not push the technical limits of any of the current generation consoles. I receive dev kits for each console, so I have the luxury of enjoying them all in the scant amount of free time that I have... and I mean what I say.

Any marketing push like this is good for people who like games. Why weigh yourself down with console specific biases?

Hmmm... if this gets combined with some black Friday deals I might have to get an Xbox One afterall. 

Time for PS4 to get some hype going. This year has been quiet for them.  Long term I definitely want the PS4 more, but if MS is doing $50 or $100 better in terms of bundles, I might start out with the Xbox One this year and wait till net year for PS4. 

I love my PS4 but as far as exclusives go they were slacking this year. 3rd party really helped them a lot. Next year will be ace though, Bloodborne and UC4. :drool:

In the promotion video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2nTZ0WhQM), he says the Assassin's Creed bundle comes with THREE free games.  I thought it was just Unity and Black Flag...

Anybody know?

In the promotion video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2nTZ0WhQM), he says the Assassin's Creed bundle comes with THREE free games. I thought it was just Unity and Black Flag...

Anybody know?
If you get the AC bundle with Kinect it comes with a code for Dance Central Spotlight as well. The kinectless version has just 2 games afaik. The stand alone Kinect also comes with DCS so that's why they've thrown it in I believe.

Just to let you know, I'm a video game developer who works on multi-platform titles that do not push the technical limits of any of the current generation consoles. I receive dev kits for each console, so I have the luxury of enjoying them all in the scant amount of free time that I have... and I mean what I say.

Any marketing push like this is good for people who like games. Why weigh yourself down with console specific biases?
Ok thats cool "if" thats what you do (sorry this is the internet), but just because a person says they develop for all consoles doesnt mean they still cant be biased towards one of them... come on.

agreed though im all for promos like this. I respect the fact they are willing to take losses to get the user base up. it just seems sony has that it factor going for it right now. I cant tell you why though.

I love my PS4 but as far as exclusives go they were slacking this year. 3rd party really helped them a lot. Next year will be ace though, Bloodborne and UC4. :drool:
You missed my point. Even without exclusives Its still the best seller by a large margin. Price drops, free games & X1 exclusives havent done anything to change that so far. This is coming from someone that hasent played a game on my PS4 since late august (D3:UEE). Honestly I dont know why the thing is doing so well. Most people dont care about the power difference. When XO dropped the camera & gave away free titanfall & destiny im pretty sure most of us thought it was a shoe in to pass PS4 at least for those months, but it wasnt even close. Its crazy to me.

I might try to trade in my black X1 for a white SO bundle if I can find one. I know I'll lose some cash but the white looks amazing.

You missed my point. Even without exclusives Its still the best seller by a large margin. Price drops, free games & X1 exclusives havent done anything to change that so far. This is coming from someone that hasent played a game on my PS4 since late august (D3:UEE). Honestly I dont know why the thing is doing so well. Most people dont care about the power difference. When XO dropped the camera & gave away free titanfall & destiny im pretty sure most of us thought it was a shoe in to pass PS4 at least for those months, but it wasnt even close. Its crazy to me.
Sony gained so much goodwill after MS's terrible reveal ...no used games, always online what a disaster that was. I know they've changed everything but It really messed up the mindset of consumers.

I might try to trade in my black X1 for a white SO bundle if I can find one. I know I'll lose some cash but the white looks amazing.

Sony gained so much goodwill after MS's terrible reveal ...no used games, always online what a disaster that was. I know they've changed everything but It really messed up the mindset of consumers.
Their marketing team failed terribly in those months leading up to the console's release. [Almost] everyone likes digital distribution if it's from Steam, but many people hated what MS was peddling because they just didn't frame and market it correctly. Ultimately, I think it is the consumer's loss and that's a shame.

Still... they're trying hard to win over customers now. That's good.

I like the look of that white console too. Maybe there will be some good trade in values for the original XOne this week?

Damn this is going to be tempting - I've been meaning to sell off a bunch of stuff around the house anyway, so maybe I'll stash the money earned away and see if any deals pop up on BF.

I'm going to call the Microsoft Store next week and see if they will adjust the price of my SO bundle I pre-ordered, or at least give me credit. I did have a 5% off coupon when I ordered, so already only paying $380. If Amazon.com starts refunding people, I will use that to encourage the Microsoft Store to do the same.

I'm going to call the Microsoft Store next week and see if they will adjust the price of my SO bundle I pre-ordered, or at least give me credit. I did have a 5% off coupon when I ordered, so already only paying $380. If Amazon.com starts refunding people, I will use that to encourage the Microsoft Store to do the same.
I'll post back in this thread tomorrow, the rep at amazon told me he would credit me the 50 bucks after the console has been delivered

The reason songs exclusive lineup looks kinda slim this Holliday is because of two things. One games got delayed to next season (omg bloodborne and the order !) And two because Sony has spaced out their release a this year

Infamous second son
Tlou remastered
Mlb 14
Infamous last light
Drive club (just released for the holidays)

All Microsoft had until froze came out was titanfall which was way back in March. Both will have many releases next year so it should be a great time on cag !!!

Very nice deal. I will wait a couple of weeks to see what Sony announces, but I won't pay more than $400 for a PS4 bundle when I can get that Assassin's Creed bundle for $350.

Ok thats cool "if" thats what you do (sorry this is the internet), but just because a person says they develop for all consoles doesnt mean they still cant be biased towards one of them... come on.

agreed though im all for promos like this. I respect the fact they are willing to take losses to get the user base up. it just seems sony has that it factor going for it right now. I cant tell you why though.

Part of it has to do with the bad press the X1 got at E3 last year. Lots of people still think it has all those policies in place. They also belive that PS4 is still far superior as far as hardware goes.

Anyways, I'm not sure why dropping the price is pathetic. They want to be aggressive and have the power to do so. This is great news, if Sony could afford to do something like this too, it'd be a huge win for gamers in general.

So will bestbuy give me a partial refund of $50 or not if I pick up my Sunset Overddrive bundle tomorrow or not?  I already used my movers coupon and am sick of waiting.  Getting super pissed off about it too. 

I was once able to get best buy to credit me the difference of a game that I bought there at full price, the it went on sale the following week. I was told since it was only a week later, that all I had to do was being my reciept in. I too am picking up the SO bundle I have preordered tomorrow. I don't think I'll mention anything till the next week when they actually drop the price, unless I see on here that someone had success doing it tomorrow.

So will bestbuy give me a partial refund of $50 or not if I pick up my Sunset Overddrive bundle tomorrow or not? I already used my movers coupon and am sick of waiting. Getting super pissed off about it too.
Promotion goes live 11/2 so no, they won't partial refund you until Sunday.

My only question is, will you have to bring the system with you to get the partial refund, or just the receipt?

I was once able to get best buy to credit me the difference of a game that I bought there at full price, the it went on sale the following week. I was told since it was only a week later, that all I had to do was being my reciept in. I too am picking up the SO bundle I have preordered tomorrow. I don't think I'll mention anything till the next week when they actually drop the price, unless I see on here that someone had success doing it tomorrow.
yeah i guess that's my plan too. I guess I shouldn't pay off the credit card until this is resolved?

You already got great answers in the Xbox One thread I'm not sure why you feel the need to go post it again.

You'll need to return and rebuy if you want to stack the coupon and the price drop. Best Buy can't use those coupons twice and they'll tell you, you'd need a new one to stack or again.

Amazing deal considering BB movers coupons doesn't' expire until 11/15. 305 Pre-tax is great. Shame I really wish PS4 has a similar deal on black Friday or I'll just have to pick xbone over ps4.

You already got great answers in the Xbox One thread I'm not sure why you feel the need to go post it again.

You'll need to return and rebuy if you want to stack the coupon and the price drop. Best Buy can't use those coupons twice and they'll tell you, you'd need a new one to stack or again.
screw that i just want my dang system. And I'm on here because I'm kinda pissed off about this whole situation. I've been looking forward to this for quite some time and I hate dealing with customer support or feeling ripped off because I didn't have the patience to wait 4 more days. So it's only $10 difference then if I just stick with my original order with the movers coupon?

So I contacted Amazon, they told me to get back to them when it goes live
Good to know, I was going to contact them as well. Did you email them? Call them? I may get in touch just to get a case number or something. I got a notice that my system was already shipping, and it's still SO on Amazon so I don't really wanna risk cancelling it. Why is this stressing me out so much!? I'd take a year of X-Box LIve in place of the discount, I wonder how legendary Amazon really is on their customer service...

So will bestbuy give me a partial refund of $50 or not if I pick up my Sunset Overddrive bundle tomorrow or not? I already used my movers coupon and am sick of waiting. Getting super pissed off about it too.
I'm in the same boat. Going to be a pain to get that refund I bet since we used a coupon...

I'm in the same boat. Going to be a pain to get that refund I bet since we used a coupon...
Hell at this point I'll settle for $10 off to at least bring it down to price of the system without the coupon. But, really damn good deal I just feel cheated by preordering a month in advance for something I knew would sell out quickly.

Part of it has to do with the bad press the X1 got at E3 last year. Lots of people still think it has all those policies in place. They also belive that PS4 is still far superior as far as hardware goes.

Anyways, I'm not sure why dropping the price is pathetic. They want to be aggressive and have the power to do so. This is great news, if Sony could afford to do something like this too, it'd be a huge win for gamers in general.
Yeah i do remember the DRM thing, but honestly most gamers didnt know about that whole fiasco. The hardcore are only a small fraction of the gaming user base. Also I never said a price drop was pathetic. As a customer how could you not like these kinds of deals? If i wasnt buying a new security system for the house atm I'd be all over the white bundle .

Good to know, I was going to contact them as well. Did you email them? Call them? I may get in touch just to get a case number or something. I got a notice that my system was already shipping, and it's still SO on Amazon so I don't really wanna risk cancelling it. Why is this stressing me out so much!? I'd take a year of X-Box LIve in place of the discount, I wonder how legendary Amazon really is on their customer service...
I would contact Amazon just to get a case going so that you can reference to it if you need to. It's better to get them to commit to the $50 price guarantee now.

On the same note, I did contact Amazon and they did promise to refund me the $50 difference on November 2 as long as I got back to them.

I would contact Amazon just to get a case going so that you can reference to it if you need to. It's better to get them to commit to the $50 price guarantee now.

On the same note, I did contact Amazon and they did promise to refund me the $50 difference on November 2 as long as I got back to them.
I'm stupid and lazy and at work. Is there a specific way that is best to contact them? Email? Through the order page?

I didn't even know Best Buy had live-chat support. Best bet would be to call them, but I wouldn't even bother on that. There's no point contacting them until the sale starts otherwise it'll just be confusing for the agent you talk to and your argument wouldn't make a lot of sense to them "Yes I want to get a price match for this item I haven't picked up yet and price match it to a sale you haven't started yet".

I didn't even know Best Buy had live-chat support. Best bet would be to call them, but I wouldn't even bother on that. There's no point contacting them until the sale starts otherwise it'll just be confusing for the agent you talk to and your argument wouldn't make a lot of sense to them "Yes I want to get a price match for this item I haven't picked up yet and price match it to a sale you haven't started yet".
yeah i understand patience isn't my strong suit. There is no way in hell I'm not opening my console tommorow when I get home though. Just really sucks feeling cheated for doing the responsible thing and preordering something which was obviously the right move since bestbuy.com is sold out of the sunset overddrive bundle.

Hell at this point I'll settle for $10 off to at least bring it down to price of the system without the coupon. But, really damn good deal I just feel cheated by preordering a month in advance for something I knew would sell out quickly.
I just got the email from them that my console is ready for pickup tomorrow :roll:

bread's done
Back