$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I got mine through Gamestop by trading in my 3DS/games for the SO bundle.  It's like a 45 minute drive from my house. But, if I can leave it unopened for 5 days and return/rebuy and get $50 back, I'm sure going to ask them about it tomorrow when I pick it up.

I was wondering how I was going to swing the money for Super Smash Bros. Wii U on top of all the other new releases I've pre-ordered this fall. This seems like a good start.

Awesome!  Hoping that the Sunset Overdrive bundle gets a restock, since, honestly, I have absolutely no interest in Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed.

Or perhaps a barebones Xbox One with an extra controller for the same price. That would work for me.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I have the 50$ down for preorder of the SSO bundle at Best Buy, could I not just wait until Sunday to pick the system up? Thus getting the 350$ price point and only having to use one movers?

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I have the 50$ down for preorder of the SSO bundle at Best Buy, could I not just wait until Sunday to pick the system up? Thus getting the 350$ price point and only having to use one movers?
If you don't mind waiting, then yes that will be the easiest and most convenient.

You got lucky. You can wait to pick up it. I'm having mine shipped and I used the mover's coupon online. The good thing is that the mover's coupon is good for two uses (one online and one in store).

BBY shipped the bonus item (the can cooler) but they didn't bother shipping the console yet.

I've been trying to tell myself to hold off on the One for a while, but damn. I have a $50 off coupon at Gamestop and a ton of credit as well, so $300 (tax free) for an Xbox One and those Assassin's Creed games (Unity looks awesome)... Not sure if I can pass this up.

I think I'm gonna purchase the assassins creed bundle from gamestop with a $50 pur coupon and then it will be $300 in store credit for an Xbox one and 2 games!

I wanted the cod bundle but don't think I want to spend the extra $100 on it

Only people that want to console fanboy ePeen about specs care about it today, so it isn't a wild guess that people won't care about it in the near future. People who like games appreciate the really nice growing library of the XBox One. People care more that one giant rich company wins versus another giant rich company and need to justify their own purchase to themselves worry about 1080p. Because unless you have an 80" TV the difference is incredibly minor.

This is a welcome price drop, I'm going to hold out and see what Best Buy comes up with for Black Friday. Even if it's just more games, they'd be welcome. XBOne is already on our Christmas list. I hope the BF ads start leaking soon as I can plan. I hope they do the Premier Silver (or whatever it's called these days) early online thing again.
It doesn't take an 80" TV to see differences in 1080p and lesser resolutions. I see differences without issue on a 55" and 60" TV I have, though they're not bottom-of-the-barrel TVs between 1080p and 900p on some items when the TV is doing the scaling.

Regardless, a $50 drop on any of the XB1 systems is a good way to get more of them into the public, especially when they're bundles with free games.

It doesn't take an 80" TV to see differences in 1080p and lesser resolutions. I see differences without issue on a 55" and 60" TV I have, though they're not bottom-of-the-barrel TVs between 1080p and 900p on some items when the TV is doing the scaling.
I can see the difference on a 21" monitor. 1080p has less aliasing than 1600 x 900 (assuming no AA and GPU doing scaling up to 1080p).

You could have gotten the SSO bundle and pay $399.99 (or less with coupon) from Bestbuy.
I have about $650 in credit from Amazon right now so no matter what that is where I am buying it even if Black Friday has better deals at retail stores. I just cannot justify spending real money when I have trade and bing bucks to spend. :)

I'm planning on getting a PS4 bundle this Black Friday for the same price.  If Sony doesn't match this price and throw in a game or two I may be picking up the Xbox One instead.  I'll have to think on it a bit but that price cut (mostly) covers the cost of Dragon Age 3, the only game I want this holiday.

Now I'm miffed that I chose to go through GameStop albeit I only paid around 110 for it but still that could pay for my persona q 3ds or master chief collection

Gonna get the Sunset Overdrive bundle..that is the one I have wanted since info about it first came out..the call of duty bundle just looks ugly, at least to me..I really hope that Target will be carrying it because I have 185 dollars in gift cards to use..otherwise I will have to get it at best buy..thing is, the online movers coupon code that I have expires on Nov 11th..but I do have another movers coupon that does NOT have an online code that expires in December so not sure what to do..so far Target isnt carrying it, and best buy I cant pre order it, either way I would have to buy an external hard drive for it..and I think I would sell the sunset overdrive game code and buy the disc version instead..Im a disc version kind of gal

That's a helluva deal. I'd get one, but I feel like at this point in time that I have more games than time to play them, so no more consoles for me for a while. :/

I am just afraid all the bundles will be gone and there will be no added deals. I feel like software is where the BF deals will be had but this is the best hardware deal we will get.
They're going to have bundles (of some sort) in stock on Black Friday for all the consoles. No way Microsoft would do this and send inadequate supply to compete.

On my Sony 3d display I see the differences clearly. If people need 80 inches to see it they either are lying or need to get their eyes checked lol
I can start seeing the difference between 720 and 1080 on 32 inches and above, for 900 and 1080 it's around the 46 inch mark that I start seeing a difference. How big's your TV?

On another note, I'm severely conflicted. I really like the LE paintjob on the COD bunduru, but that white console looks beastly as well. Plus, it is 50 bucks less. I'd rather spend those 50 bucks on an external hard drive on BF but again, dat paintjob tho.

That's a helluva deal. I'd get one, but I feel like at this point in time that I have more games than time to play them, so no more consoles for me for a while. :/
I am in the same boat but at this point I am not sure how much lower it will go in the next year. Unless the system cannot even sell over the holidays at this price I think $350 is the best price we will get until next year. There are game on the new systems I want to play but I will be smart about buying games. One game at a time for now.

After thinking about this all day, I decided to not get the SOB(is still available to preorder in store, I checked). I already have two XB1s and I was going to trade one into BB for $227(It was $253 yesterday) plus the controller for $20 and I had $75.90 worth of crap to trade in. I wised up and said I can't do it. Not worth it for just a white system since I have free Sunset Overdrive at MS store, plus my PS4 might have gotten jelly. I figured let me just use this $75.90 towards these 11/4-11/18 games that are coming out. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Very tough decision but I think its the smartest one.[/SIZE]

tl;dr Decided not get SOB.

On my Sony 3d display I see the differences clearly. If people need 80 inches to see it they either are lying or need to get their eyes checked lol
lol

Ok let me re-phrase then. If you still screen and look closely you can tell. At 30+ frames per second with the game in motion it is very negligible. I seriously wonder sometimes if all of these "gamers" actually play games or just get out magnifying glasses and study variances in specs so they can complain online.

But still, gonna wait till BF. They will have bundles and some kind of deal, even if it is just a free game or two and some deal on XBox Live.

What are some Xbone exclusive worth buying one for.  Beside FH2, SO (not a halo fan), what else is coming next yr exclusive to Xbone? $350 is a sweet price for a new gen console but may not be worth it for just 2-3 games. 

lol

Ok let me re-phrase then. If you still screen and look closely you can tell. At 30+ frames per second with the game in motion it is very negligible. I seriously wonder sometimes if all of these "gamers" actually play games or just get out magnifying glasses and study variances in specs so they can complain online.
I don't focus with a magnifying glass as you say when I play (whoever does that has Issues like Scott tissues lmao) but after playing tons of games at different resolutions my eyes are trained to know the difference I guess

The thing I'd worry about with Black Friday is the bundles being out of stock and then just offering standalone systems.

Bundles ended up selling out pretty quickly during that Free Game promotion.

Here's what Gamestop customer support chat says, for what it's worth:

Felix A.: at the moment microsoft has just announced the deal

Felix A.: our promotions department is still working on the details
Felix A.: in the next hours we will announce how the deal will be applied
Felix A.: we apologize for the inconvenience
Cory R: Ok cool. If all else fails, would I be able to keep it sealed and do a return/rebuy or something like that in a store?
Felix A.: that is correct
Not really sure if I should go through the hassle yet or not. I wonder what the chance of these SO bundles actually making it to store shelves and still being there on 11/2 is.

Whatever. YOLO. Ordered it. Hopefully I'll get an adjustment or can do the return/rebuy thing. If not, then whatever. I guess I don't mind the $50 premium for a white console, especially since I really think the OG xbone is ugly as hell.

Just purchased an older model XBO less than two weeks ago from a Kmart that's closing down. Ended up paying about $492 after taxes for the console with Kinect and a physical copy of Titanfall but the system had the initial download error. I wish I would've just waited for a deal like this but hopefully people will jump on this.

Also if there's a specific bundle people are looking for I'd probably jump on it ASAP because it's hard to gauge how common some of the bundles are depending on where you live.

Just purchased an older model XBO less than two weeks ago from a Kmart that's closing down. Ended up paying about $492 after taxes for the console with Kinect and a physical copy of Titanfall but the system had the initial download error. I wish I would've just waited for a deal like this but hopefully people will jump on this.

Also if there's a specific bundle people are looking for I'd probably jump on it ASAP because it's hard to gauge how common some of the bundles are depending on where you live.
I have a Kmart closing down within walking distance of my job. I should go check it out.

Not true at all. In fact, if you look at what most retailers are selling on Black Friday, there is significant profit being made. The last few years, the console bundles have been pretty consistently $200 or about 20% less than the rest of the year. You may get a $350 Xbox One bundle with an extra game or other bonus like Xbox Live, but I doubt we are going to see $300 Xbox Ones this year. No retailer has really bucked the trend and cut console prices further in recent years just to drive traffic to their store. Best Buy almost always does the "cheap" laptop and HDTV as their way of generating buzz, but they aren't exactly great quality items and the loss is probably minimal on both items, despite the fact that people camp out to get them.
To piggy back on the HD TV's. I actually bought a 55" LG TV for $499 last black friday from Best Buy. At that time, $499 was a steal. You can occasionally find that now, but for black friday that was awesome.

They had that TV specifically made by LG with bare bones crap in it for black friday. It was advertised as a 120hz tv, and it turned out to be a 60hz tv. They got lots of flack for it. I ended up returning it, pretty pissed off, and got a $50 gift card to go with it.

But the point is, they get these cheap name brand tv's by having the manufacturer produce a cheap quality tv.

Best bet is to wait until Sunday to see if BB drops the price of the SSO bundle. My preorder date is 10/19 so I'll be within the 15 days for a price adjustment. If they blow me off I'll just return it and preorder the AC bundle.

Best bet is to wait until Sunday to see if BB drops the price of the SSO bundle. My preorder date is 10/19 so I'll be within the 15 days for a price adjustment. If they blow me off I'll just return it and preorder the AC bundle.
I'm pretty sure you will have 15 days from when you pick up the system to return/exchange, Not from when you actually made the preorder.

no, used to work at BB, you can open and play, in fact all you do is bring in the receipt, should be fine
And if you used a movers coupon will they apply it again? Or if I call support think I can talk them into refunding me $50 without doing a rebuy? I just want my console and I would like to get the best price on it but, I'm not willing to leave it unopened for 4 days and if they aren't willing to honor both deal and movers coupon I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with customer service. The way I figure it I'm getting it for $360 after the coupon anyway and sunset overddrive comes with $10 gift card. So it's basically the same thing unless I can get the movers coupon applied again.

I reupped my GCU yesterday and I'm confused on the wording of the save 10% off a digital gaming purchase coupon. Can I use this for PSN cards? 

I reupped my GCU yesterday and I'm confused on the wording of the save 10% off a digital gaming purchase coupon. Can I use this for PSN cards?
Not the right thread but I am pretty sure there is a $14.99 limit on the coupon and it cannot be used on PSN or XBL cards.

I don't see why BB won't take care of us, mover's coupon or not. It's a price adjustment and they spell out those terms in their website. Luckily my Best Buy is literally within walking distance so I'm just going to take in my receipt and hope they will refund me the difference.

bread's done
Back