$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Inferior games lol.  Besides the ps+ games all I've got on my ps4 is fifa and infamous.   Tommorow I'll have sunset overddrive, and forza horizon 2, and titanfall.  Oh and in 2-3 weeks the MCC is coming out.  So yeah my x1 will probably be getting more use then my ps4 for awhile

Inferior games lol. Besides the ps+ games all I've got on my ps4 is fifa and infamous. Tommorow I'll have sunset overddrive, and forza horizon 2, and titanfall. Oh and in 2-3 weeks the MCC is coming out. So yeah my x1 will probably be getting more use then my ps4 for awhile
Dat titanfall hype doe

yeah i understand patience isn't my strong suit. There is no way in hell I'm not opening my console tommorow when I get home though. Just really sucks feeling cheated for doing the responsible thing and preordering something which was obviously the right move since bestbuy.com is sold out of the sunset overddrive bundle.
Well worst case scenario Best Buy accepts opened box returns anyway (Except on Video Games) so you could always end up returning it. My guess is they'll price adjust the $10 difference between your coupon and the new cost of the system. If you want to get the system at $315 ($350 minus that 10% coupon) you'd need another coupon and then would have to go through the hassle of a return&re-buy (Which they might not allow). If they don't allow the return&re-buy it'll be a bigger hassle since the bundle is likely sold out at any store you go to.

I just got the email from them that my console is ready for pickup tomorrow :roll:
More than likely you won't be able to get it price adjusted with that coupon. At best they'll take $10 off the price, but if you want to get it at $350 and then minus the 10% again you'll need another coupon because they can't manually ring it up again.

You're paying for less but you're getting less in inferior games so is it really a deal?
Nobody wants to listen to you troll. Take it somewhere else.

You're paying for less but you're getting less in inferior games so is it really a deal?
Your troll attempt failed. Try harder next time.

So what's everyone getting since the SO bundle is sold out, the COD one? The extra space is nice but the AC bundle is $100 less and comes with 2 games I am more interested in.

Me:So just get in contact on this upcoming Sunday?

REDACTED:Yes, that is correct REDACTED. And we will provide all possible options for you.
No worries, you are protected of Amazon Preorder Price guarantee.

I think this is the best I'll get guarantee wise.

So what's everyone getting since the SO bundle is sold out, the COD one? The extra space is nice but the AC bundle is $100 less and comes with 2 games I am more interested in.
I've heard great things about their external options, too.

You best be careful. No one is gonna care about 1080p next year when the X1 is $299 and Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Crackdown, Scalebound, Fable, etc all come out next holiday season.

$350 for a limited edition console and a game that's getting stellar reviews is a good deal.

With me having a ps4 right now I don't need both of these hd machines atm. If/when I get a xbone it will be by next Year or by income tax time during 2016.

And people keep the fanboy garbage out of here please ? If you have a preference that's cool but both have good things to offer dang it !!

lol Looks like the post was deleted.

Anyways, I'd go with AC bundle if you're willing to wait till then and don't care for the LE paint job on the console, then get an external drive on BF if you so desire. In my case, I really like the paint job so I may pick that one up. I'd love that white console though.

lol Looks like the post was deleted.

Anyways, I'd go with AC bundle if you're willing to wait till then and don't care for the LE paint job on the console, then get an external drive on BF if you so desire. In my case, I really like the paint job so I may pick that one up. I'd love that white console though.
Well the AC bundle comes out the day before the COD one, so waiting isn't a problem. I've always preferred all black or all white for consoles but the LE paint job is pretty nice. Then I see Deader's post and makes me wonder what kind of deals they'll have for BF. Sigh.

Since this deal is for the rest of the year no harm in waiting. I doubt the AC bundle will be limited so you know retailers will though something in to make you choose them over other places. The sunset bundle is likely limited but the AC bundle is a better deal

Debating if I should move some credit around and get a console now or wait for black friday and see what's out there
Wait. Price won't go up. It'll stay the same, they'll bundle in some games, or price will drop. You have nothing to lose by waiting. MS wants to win (or at least make a huge dent) this holiday season. This is just the start.

Well worst case scenario Best Buy accepts opened box returns anyway (Except on Video Games) so you could always end up returning it. My guess is they'll price adjust the $10 difference between your coupon and the new cost of the system. If you want to get the system at $315 ($350 minus that 10% coupon) you'd need another coupon and then would have to go through the hassle of a return&re-buy (Which they might not allow). If they don't allow the return&re-buy it'll be a bigger hassle since the bundle is likely sold out at any store you go to.

More than likely you won't be able to get it price adjusted with that coupon. At best they'll take $10 off the price, but if you want to get it at $350 and then minus the 10% again you'll need another coupon because they can't manually ring it up again.

Nobody wants to listen to you troll. Take it somewhere else.
So you're saying give up and just accept the $10 loss? I'm willing to sacrifice $10 for hours of my life wasted trying to get a refund. I heard somewhere though that the coupon could be used both in store and online once and I only used it online and seeing how I only used it online it might work in store?

Well the AC bundle comes out the day before the COD one, so waiting isn't a problem. I've always preferred all black or all white for consoles but the LE paint job is pretty nice. Then I see Deader's post and makes me wonder what kind of deals they'll have for BF. Sigh.
Oh, well crap, I didn't realize AC was out that soon too. FML. Yeah, this is terrible as far as making a decison. I think BF might be the way to go if you wanted an extra goodie or two. Not sure about a further discount, but I wouldn't rule it out. Either way, as a consumer, I don't think you can go wrong. As a CAG, you'll be kicking yourself if you get it now and it drops in price or the bunduru is better on BF.

If anyone plans to use the movers coupon om this during bf you can forget it cause the newer set of 10% off coupons are disabled during bf weekend and reactivate on 12/1. Slick mofos lol

Well that blows...looks like it doesn't apply to the Forza + Kinect bundle? Was hoping to get a price adjustment on the one I picked up last week.

Wait. Price won't go up. It'll stay the same, they'll bundle in some games, or price will drop. You have nothing to lose by waiting. MS wants to win (or at least make a huge dent) this holiday season. This is just the start.
Yeah in the mean time ill get some credit built up at gamestop. No tax on credit in my state so that saves some money and I can always move credit to best buy and Amazon is they have good deals

Now I just gotta find a cheap ps3 controller to trade in my spare ps3 lol

The reason songs exclusive lineup looks kinda slim this Holliday is because of two things. One games got delayed to next season (omg bloodborne and the order !) And two because Sony has spaced out their release a this year

Infamous second son
Tlou remastered
Mlb 14
Infamous last light
Drive club (just released for the holidays)

All Microsoft had until froze came out was titanfall which was way back in March. Both will have many releases next year so it should be a great time on cag !!!
Not really a fair comparison. For starters, Driveclub as your end point for the list is right around Microsoft's Killer Instinct release. So, your end point should be Infamous: First Light. Then, you're talking about 2 releases between the two Infamous titles (March-September), the time frame between Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2. Though not a juggernaut title, Microsoft DID put out Kinect Sports Rivals in between those two, so Sony's got a 2-1 lead in launches, and one was an HD re-release, not a new title. If you use that March-October time frame for Driveclub, then you need to use Killer Instinct Season 2 as Microsoft's endpoint. Between Titanfall and that, Microsoft had Rivals, Spark's official release, Horizon 2, D4, and Dance Central.

Neither console has been big on quantity OR quality, from an exclusive standpoint, in 2014. However, Microsoft's the one about to push Sunset Overdrive and Halo: TMCC, while Sony pushes LittleBigPlanet 3 as its only holiday release.

So you're saying give up and just accept the $10 loss? I'm willing to sacrifice $10 for hours of my life wasted trying to get a refund. I heard somewhere though that the coupon could be used both in store and online once and I only used it online and seeing how I only used it online it might work in store?
I'd still go for the $10 once the sale starts obviously it depends on the employee at hand, but it shouldn't even take 3 minutes for them to process the price adjustment unless you get stuck with an idiot.

Trying to return and re-buy with the coupon is up to you, but personally I think it would just be more hassle than it's worth. I know I've read a lot of stories about people having a difficult time using the coupon to begin with, since some employees wouldn't accept it so I feel like it would just be a hassle at the end.

I'd still go for the $10 once the sale starts obviously it depends on the employee at hand, but it shouldn't even take 3 minutes for them to process the price adjustment unless you get stuck with an idiot.

Trying to return and re-buy with the coupon is up to you, but personally I think it would just be more hassle than it's worth. I know I've read a lot of stories about people having a difficult time using the coupon to begin with, since some employees wouldn't accept it so I feel like it would just be a hassle at the end.
yeah i already have a headache thinking about it. I guess I'll just call and find out on the 2nd and play some peggle 2 or something in the background to keep myself from growing impatient

Anyone think I can pick up my SO bundle at GameStop and return/rebuy? If so does it have to remain unopened or can I just bring back the receipt?

Anyone think I can pick up my SO bundle at GameStop and return/rebuy? If so does it have to remain unopened or can I just bring back the receipt?
I've never had a problem doing a return/rebuy there. I guess if you get a dick employee, you might run into a problem but I doubt it. I would just ask them when you go to pick it up.

Yeah, I'm curious as to how retailers approach Black Friday with this. I can't imagine that profit margins are all that high one the consoles as it is. We might see another "buy any console, get any game free" promo, but it's hard to see a way that they can significantly improve upon this offer for that week, unless they say "to hell with profits," and slash the console to $300 or throw in 2 free retail titles.

I'm guessing that we'll either get that free game offer, or we're going to see the only decent deals offered in limited quantities at retailers. Maybe they throw in XBL or XB Gift Cards...
I think most retailers say "to hell with profits" for Black Friday. It's viewed as a marketing expense. If you can get some great deals, you get people talking. So, the loss of $100 on a system probably gets you some TV airtime on the news, everyone on forums talking about you, people excited to go to your store... etc.

I don't understand why nobody realizes why the Sunset Xbone and other currently available Xbone models haven't received the price cut. It's because the $50 price cut isn't active now or on the 28th.

Best Buy will refund you the $50 and if you used a 10% coupon on the preorder, take a few minutes and locate another one for the return/rebuy.

I intend on doing my return/rebuy on my SSO Xbone on Monday 11/3 when I go to pickup COD:AW on Day Zero and applying my coupon to the whole transaction, including extending my GCU sub at the same time.

Also, OT, anyone else having problems changing the site's theme to Mobile?

I doubt the price will get lowered retailers will probably turn to bundling games instead since they won't lose nearly as much profit by doing so.
Yeah you aren't gonna find a better deal then this before black friday. Heck with my gcu I think I might sell my digital code of sunset overddrive and buy a physical copy and break even.

It will need to remain unopened. The policy that most random employees will enforce is that you bring your console back unopened with your receipt. The only way you'd be able to pull off a return/rebuy with an opened console is if your store's manager is really cool with you.

I'm glad that the Assassin's Creed bundle is available closer to BF. I'm hoping for some additional BF deal with this but the mover's coupon is probably going to be as good as it gets with this. The Destiny/GCU/Madden bundle promo at BB was still the better deal so far though. I really hate the white consoles. Nobody has a TV setup that matches that so black is the better option. The CoD bundle isn't an eyesore like the SO one but that's more expensive.

I think most retailers say "to hell with profits" for Black Friday. It's viewed as a marketing expense. If you can get some great deals, you get people talking. So, the loss of $100 on a system probably gets you some TV airtime on the news, everyone on forums talking about you, people excited to go to your store... etc.
Not true at all. In fact, if you look at what most retailers are selling on Black Friday, there is significant profit being made. The last few years, the console bundles have been pretty consistently $200 or about 20% less than the rest of the year. You may get a $350 Xbox One bundle with an extra game or other bonus like Xbox Live, but I doubt we are going to see $300 Xbox Ones this year. No retailer has really bucked the trend and cut console prices further in recent years just to drive traffic to their store. Best Buy almost always does the "cheap" laptop and HDTV as their way of generating buzz, but they aren't exactly great quality items and the loss is probably minimal on both items, despite the fact that people camp out to get them.

I see the Assassin's Creed Unity & Black Flag bundle for $350. Are those games worth it?
Idk about unity yet but black flag is a GREAT game, best AC game since the 2nd IMO, real focuse on the pirate part

I kind of wish they would just make another pirate game lol(and they mite according to a survey)

Black Friday will bring some even better bundles... I.E. Gift cards, Extra games, Xbox live... MS has a chance to really make a comeback during November, let's see if Sony does anything?

I'm wondering if since PS4 is already profitable we might see some nice deals on it?

Idk about unity yet but black flag is a GREAT game, best AC game since the 2nd IMO, real focuse on the pirate part

I kind of wish they would just make another pirate game lol(and they mite according to a survey)
I'm working on finishing black flag after having it in my backlog since June and I agree it's a quality game. Of course imma be honest and say that this isn't a ture 100% Assassins game as 60% of the game is naval battles. Now unity I'm really looking foward too, parity or not lol :D

Black Friday will bring some even better bundles... I.E. Gift cards, Extra games, Xbox live... MS has a chance to really make a comeback during November, let's see if Sony does anything?

I'm wondering if since PS4 is already profitable we might see some nice deals on it?
Sony not long ago started releasing ps4 models with some smaller parts that reduced production cost so profits off of each unit sold at this point on surely went up. Now the question is will they do a similar deal like this or just bundle 2 games, gotta wait and see on this one

I don't know if this was asked before , but would BBY let you do a return/rebuy if you opened the console?

Tell us more, Nostradamus.
Only people that want to console fanboy ePeen about specs care about it today, so it isn't a wild guess that people won't care about it in the near future. People who like games appreciate the really nice growing library of the XBox One. People care more that one giant rich company wins versus another giant rich company and need to justify their own purchase to themselves worry about 1080p. Because unless you have an 80" TV the difference is incredibly minor.

This is a welcome price drop, I'm going to hold out and see what Best Buy comes up with for Black Friday. Even if it's just more games, they'd be welcome. XBOne is already on our Christmas list. I hope the BF ads start leaking soon as I can plan. I hope they do the Premier Silver (or whatever it's called these days) early online thing again.

I too am looking forward to the bf ads leaking soon. With the way the target ads are leaking as far as two weeks in advance I wouldn't be surprised to see their ad revealed first

bread's done
Back