$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
in theory you shouldnt have to bring the Sunset console back Sunday to get the price adjustment, but BB is full of incompetent employees so your best bet is return and rebuy (you lose the $10 preorder bonus but the $50 savings trumps that)

And if you used a movers coupon will they apply it again? Or if I call support think I can talk them into refunding me $50 without doing a rebuy? I just want my console and I would like to get the best price on it but, I'm not willing to leave it unopened for 4 days and if they aren't willing to honor both deal and movers coupon I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with customer service. The way I figure it I'm getting it for $360 after the coupon anyway and sunset overddrive comes with $10 gift card. So it's basically the same thing unless I can get the movers coupon applied again.
asking the same question every 15-30 minutes isnt going to change the answer you were given. Mostly likely no, you will not get the $50 because you used a movers coupon and they won't apply it again.

Your best bet is to get another movers coupon (easy to get) and do a return rebuy on sunday.

asking the same question every 15-30 minutes isnt going to change the answer you were given. Mostly likely no, you will not get the $50 because you used a movers coupon and they won't apply it again.

Your best bet is to get another movers coupon (easy to get) and do a return rebuy on sunday.
The mover's coupon can be used twice if I'm not mistaken (once online and once instore).

The mover's coupon can be used twice if I'm not mistaken (once online and once instore).
Depends on which he has. The newer one that runs through next year (excluding black friday weekend) only has a in store bar code. If he has the one that had an online and a bar could he might/should be able to do a return rebuy in store with it and get it to apply.

If I can squeeze out the money, I might bite. 

Is there any word for special holiday bundles specific for the stores?  Like one for Best Buy, one for Gamestop, ect.

be nice if could trade my current x1 in and upgrade to cod bundel free
Yeah, it would be nice if you could trade an inferior product for a superior one with no string attached for the consumer, sure.

Sadly, this is the real world, and economics apply to the real world.

Dat titanfall hype doe
haha yeah, Titanfall didn't exactly set the world on fire like MS had hoped. The player base for the Xbone is really tiny last I read. It didn't help that the 360 version is almost identical, but MS have struck gold with this new promo. They got the Holiday market in the bag unless Sony drops to $350 as well.

^ Sony needs a holiday miracle but this is why competition is good. MS has been getting beat all year long and decided to do something really big. Lets see if Sony answers.

While $50 price cut will help them move some units I wouldn't exactly be ready to declare Xbox One the holiday winner. How often have we heard with every move Mircosoft tries that "this is it! this is the one thats going to make Xbox One #1 in America!" only to see Sony still be the best selling with no counter to the stuff Microsoft offers.

Just wait and see. its possible Microsoft could be #1 in Nov but I wouldnt say its a sure thing.

I really do hope Microsoft wins in November since it feels like they've been trying hard since the start of the year to turn the system around.

I feel like it should be a surefire deal between the price cut and Halo coming out, but if Sony releases a competitively priced ($400) Grand Theft Auto 5 bundle that would really throw a wrench in Microsoft's plans.

Yeah, it would be nice if you could trade an inferior product for a superior one with no string attached for the consumer, sure.

Sadly, this is the real world, and economics apply to the real world.
Terrible analogy. He wasn't saying it would be nice to trade in a 360 for an X1 straight up.

While $50 price cut will help them move some units I wouldn't exactly be ready to declare Xbox One the holiday winner. How often have we heard with every move Mircosoft tries that "this is it! this is the one thats going to make Xbox One #1 in America!" only to see Sony still be the best selling with no counter to the stuff Microsoft offers.

Just wait and see. its possible Microsoft could be #1 in Nov but I wouldnt say its a sure thing.
I see them winning November. AW early Access, Sunset Overdrive which is getting 4/5 and 8/10 marks, Halo MCC and a $50 price cut. I believe MS just wanted a month to tout to investors and the like

I really do hope Microsoft wins in November since it feels like they've been trying hard since the start of the year to turn the system around.
I feel like it should be a surefire deal between the price cut and Halo coming out, but if Sony releases a competitively priced ($400) Grand Theft Auto 5 bundle that would really throw a wrench in Microsoft's plans.
Sony's last bundle was essentially MSRP. They don't release bundles like MS does.

My only surprise is that MS did not decide to go the whole way and offer a free game with base model system to put them on par with the bundles.

AW early access is on both ps4 and xbox one i though.

I mean personally, as a consumer wanting to by an Xbox One at some point I hope it isnt #1 because that just means more and better deals for us.

Damn son, MS is really giving Sony a run for its money now. $350 xbox one with ac unity which is a game I already wanted. Also, I never got to play halo so MCC coming out is another incentive. I might actually buy this.

Sony's last bundle was essentially MSRP. They don't release bundles like MS does.
Yes I think there is a rumored GTA5 bundle coming out in NA, but knowing Sony it will be $450. They need to price it at $400.

I see them winning November. AW early Access, Sunset Overdrive which is getting 4/5 and 8/10 marks, Halo MCC and a $50 price cut. I believe MS just wanted a month to tout to investors and the like
Me too, MS is too strong this November. If Sony does pull it out somehow or comes close I will be shocked.

True but a lot of people have been waiting for the holiday to junmp into the new gen. Once they see that $350 price point their eyes will light up.

True but a lot of people have been waiting for the holiday to junmp into the new gen. Once they see that $350 price point their eyes will light up.
I think part of it is word of month. So many people have PS4s that they talk their friends into getting it as well. Most would prob pay $50 more if it meant playing with their friends.

I know they don't do $400 bundles since their bundled games are usually physical, but I was saying they need to competitively price the GTA 5 bundle if they want it to do well and I don't think having a bundle priced $100 over Microsoft's bundles would be wise.

My only surprise is that MS did not decide to go the whole way and offer a free game with base model system to put them on par with the bundles.
Yeah it's super weird that the $400 standalone Xbox doesn't have a bundled game. They should have bundled Forza Horizon 2 with it since it sold pretty badly, it could get a nice boost and people would have another option to grab.

I know they don't do $400 bundles since their bundled games are usually physical, but I was saying they need to competitively price the GTA 5 bundle if they want it to do well and I don't think having a bundle priced $100 over Microsoft's bundles would be wise.

Yeah it's super weird that the $400 standalone Xbox doesn't have a bundled game. They should have bundled Forza Horizon 2 with it since it sold pretty badly, it could get a nice boost and people would have another option to grab.
I dunno. Granted it was only one week by the $450 Destiny bundle did great for Sony while the $400 Xbox One with 2 games didnt see to do a lot for Microsoft.

haha yeah, Titanfall didn't exactly set the world on fire like MS had hoped. The player base for the Xbone is really tiny last I read. It didn't help that the 360 version is almost identical, but MS have struck gold with this new promo. They got the Holiday market in the bag unless Sony drops to $350 as well.
I would expect some PS4 holiday promotion. I think the second holiday season for next gen systems will be so critical towards the install base. Microsoft is behind so they have no other option but to push a huge promotion. If they didn't, they may as well have conceded the next gen title to Sony. This promotion will be too huge and extended for Sony to ignore. I think Sony would be crazy to not do anything about it because if it were to play out as it is, I am sure Microsoft would finally close the gap.

I think part of it is word of month. So many people have PS4s that they talk their friends into getting it as well. Most would prob pay $50 more if it meant playing with their friends.
Good point, but the X1 will have a lot of great buzz around them in november.

I dunno. Granted it was only one week by the $450 Destiny bundle did great for Sony while the $400 Xbox One with 2 games didnt see to do a lot for Microsoft.
You said it, 1 week versus 2 of the years biggest shopping months is no comparison.

I mean personally, as a consumer wanting to by an Xbox One at some point I hope it isnt #1 because that just means more and better deals for us.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-dlc-will-come-to-xbox-first/1100-6419394/

You were right that the agreement from activision ended this year, but M$ through enough money at them again to get early access rights.

Honestly one of their smarter marketing projects. Sucks for PS4/PC as they just sit there and watch xbox vids. But securing the most sold game early rights is by far the best thing they have done in a while.

Sans buying out remedy for quantum break.

You already said it yourself. 2 Big rush holiday months will be different than 1 week. Additionally Sony VERY HEAVILY advertised Destiny for the PS4 like crazy which contributed to the ridiculous numbers.

Additionally that promotion technically wasn't two games since the bundles sold out very quickly so the standalone $400 Xbox just came with 1 free game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-dlc-will-come-to-xbox-first/1100-6419394/

You were right that the agreement from activision ended this year, but M$ through enough money at them again to get early access rights.

Honestly one of their smarter marketing projects. Sucks for PS4/PC as they just sit there and watch xbox vids. But securing the most sold game early rights is by far the best thing they have done in a while.

Oh you were talking about DLC. I was talking about early access to the whole game.

You already said it yourself. 2 Big rush holiday months will be different than 1 week. Additionally Sony VERY HEAVILY advertised Destiny for the PS4 like crazy which contributed to the ridiculous numbers.

Additionally that promotion technically wasn't two games since the bundles sold out very quickly so the standalone $400 Xbox just came with 1 free game.
Eh, I know a lot of people on here were able to get in on the Madden bundle and get the free game so I don't t hink it was that limited.

Oddly, Microsoft's marketing for Sunset Overdrive has been a little lacking which i'm shocked about. I watch a lot of late night TV and I saw Destiny commercials all over the place but oddly not so many Sunset Overdrive commercials. I do hear an ad on the radio for it from time to time which is a little odd.

But still, i'd wait and see. Just seems foolish to already declare Xbox One the best selling console of the holiday since this deal was just announced today and we have no idea if or what Sony will do.

You need to clarify yourself more. You mean to say early access DLC, when your original post made it sound like early access to the game itself.

This deal is now active at amazon you just add it to the cart and it shows $450 for COW:AQ bundle or $450 for AC Unity bundle with kinect and $350 for AC Unity bundle without kinect.

Guess I got lucky.  Decided to email bestbuy earlier and they would apply an allowance of $50 to my account.  Whether that is a gift card or to my credit card is unsure but either way I couldn't have asked for better support. 

You think retailers will add to this deal come black friday? Maybe throw in another game or something or is this as good as it's going to get for the One?

You think retailers will add to this deal come black friday? Maybe throw in another game or something or is this as good as it's going to get for the One?
retailers probably just do a gift car or add a game like you said. I doubt it drop in price though.

retailers probably just do a gift car or add a game like you said. I doubt it drop in price though.
That's right this deal would still be active on black friday. I see there is a kinect bundle with assassins creed for about $450 that seems like a pretty good deal you might as well wait if you are confident it won't sell out of the bundle you want.

You do have a point there. I'm kinda glad the X1 came out slow out of the gate, (compared to the PS4, of course) otherwise I doubt Phil Spencer would be head of Xbox and I don't know if we'd have all these monthly updates. The X1 feels like a completely different console than when it came out - less than a year ago.

Coming from a Xbox fanboy,I wouldn't count Sony out yet for this holiday, they are prob planning their comeback to this now, they can easily afford to drop the price $50 and be safe, they have already sold their consoles lol,heck they could prob make a price cut permanently at this point(although what's the point they are still selling)

Coming from a Xbox fanboy,I wouldn't count Sony out yet for this holiday, they are prob planning their comeback to this now, they can easily afford to drop the price $50 and be safe, they have already sold their consoles lol,heck they could prob make a price cut permanently at this point(although what's the point they are still selling)
.Just based on deals like this one I would expect the x1 to do better because I haven't seen a killer ps4 deal yet. I would be very surprised if the ps4 outsells the x1 just on momentum this holiday. And next holiday is halo 5 right? Good luck. I was actually gonna wait for halo 5 bundle but decided to put the money aside for ssod bundle a few months ago. Never expected it to drop $50 on top of my original $40 off coupon. Glad I decided to bite early I doubt I would have paid any less when halo 5 comes out

GS and AZ already updated their prices online.

Since the Sunset Overdrive bundle comes out tomorrow, the price will remain at $400 until the promotion starts on 11/2. The other bundles come out after 11/2 which is why retailers already have it listed with the $50 off.

If you're picking up the Sunset Overdrive bundle tomorrow, many stores have a price match guarantee so you should be able to bring your receipt back to the store on Sunday and get difference refunded. Otherwise, just wait until Sunday to purchase it.

Guess I got lucky. Decided to email bestbuy earlier and they would apply an allowance of $50 to my account. Whether that is a gift card or to my credit card is unsure but either way I couldn't have asked for better support.
Which item did you order?

I highly doubt they can easily afford to drop the PS4 price by 50 bucks. They may do it, but I guarantee it's not something they'd like to do. The last thing they want to do is get in a pricing war, especially with their financial situation. They'd have to make sure that they sell enough systems that it boosts their other products' and services' sales (PS+ subscriptions, game royalties and sales, etc) to warrant the drop, otherwise they are digging a deeper hole overall.

This deal is now active at amazon you just add it to the cart and it shows $450 for COW:AQ bundle or $450 for AC Unity bundle with kinect and $350 for AC Unity bundle without kinect.
Well I guess it is put up or shut up time for me. The AC:Unity seems like the best bundle for me but I know the COD bundle has more replay value for a digital game.

Sony does still have a lot to leverage and they should be able to afford a price cut if they choose to go that route. I think the biggest factor will be how well Halo can push Xbox hardware. Halo is definitely a huge IP and it has a lot of fans, so it could definitely make an impact.

The bundles and price drop will definitely help it in the eyes of some consumers, but Microsoft really needs some positive word of mouth feedback and a new advertising campaign to spin it around. Sony's new advertising partner has been godlike with the quality of their commercials and the slogan's they use.

GS and AZ already updated their prices online.

Since the Sunset Overdrive bundle comes out tomorrow, the price will remain at $400 until the promotion starts on 11/2. The other bundles come out after 11/2 which is why retailers already have it listed with the $50 off.

If you're picking up the Sunset Overdrive bundle tomorrow, many stores have a price match guarantee so you should be able to bring your receipt back to the store on Sunday and get difference refunded. Otherwise, just wait until Sunday to purchase it.
I called my gamestop tonight, they werent sure on how they were going to handle the return/rebuy. Sounded like he was suggesting i leave it there until sunday and that it will be fine there till then. I am probably going to pick it up tomorrow and just never open it and then return and rebuy on sunday, seems safer.

bread's done
Back