50% off Heavy Rain Director's Cut, GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

[quote name='Alucard400']A friend and I bought this in hollywood gamestop. We were forced to preorder a game to get the price down to 10$ each. the origami paper is inside the case.[/QUOTE]

Well like the other people mentioned earlier you should report this person and go back and cancel the preorder because he/she just screwed you over there was no reason to preorder to get this deal

[quote name='Alucard400']A friend and I bought this in hollywood gamestop. We were forced to preorder a game to get the price down to 10$ each. the origami paper is inside the case.[/QUOTE]

The fuck?!

What a bunch of horseshit.

Yeah. I thought it was bullshit. I mentioned that the gamestop webpage has this deal noted and the employee replied that there is an asterisk saying that a preorder of the new game by the same programmers of Heavy Rain has to be made to get the promotion. I think reporting the person will not work as the company pushes to get preorders made. It's easy to just get the money back later. Our copies'were'also brand new sealed and not gutted

Walked up in the store like, "What up I got a big cock" nah but went into the store just said Heavy Rain and the guy grabs a red cased copy (sealed btw) thats already on the counter. My guess it was reserved for pickup and he must of thought I was the only that placed the order :). Anyways got my copy for alittle over $9 after remaining credit on a card. I'm not a big fan of "these" types of games, but after playing the Walking Dead, their starting to grow on me.

[quote name='Alucard400']Yeah. I thought it was bullshit. I mentioned that the gamestop webpage has this deal noted and the employee replied that there is an asterisk saying that a preorder of the new game by the same programmers of Heavy Rain has to be made to get the promotion. I think reporting the person will not work as the company pushes to get preorders made. It's easy to just get the money back later. Our copies'were'also brand new sealed and not gutted[/QUOTE]

Wow, you need to find a different GameStop. That's turrible.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Went to my gs. The guy had a sealed copy but would not sell it to me for 10. He kept saying 20 and I asked him to scan it many times. He wouldn't do it! Kept saying its an old game, 20 is cheap. Told him it was a sale and he didn't believe me. I gave up after 4 minutes. Douche bag. Will try another gs tomorrow. Oh this was wood bridge mall nj[/QUOTE]

so did he not ring it up? never tell them the price unless the promo doesn't ring up. as others have mentioned he likely bought it for himself or a friend later.

[quote name='breakfuss']Just came back from GS. Clerk says to me, "we don't serve your kind". I reply, "my kind?! Really?" He shakes his head violently. Anyway, walked out frustrated, but I'll try again tomorrow and report back![/QUOTE]

If you are a different gender/race/ethnicity/religion/ or simply differ in height/weight/bodytype/hairlength/correctivelenses etc then you were discriminated against. call the police.

but if you're trolling go away.

for those that were forced to preorder make sure to fill out the survey asap.

I got stuck with a preorder during one of my tradeins during the 50% promo. bitch tacked it on even though I said no when asked and when pointing it out she said it was needed to get the trade bump (not true). Will have to go back to that store and wait till I see the same employee so I can cancel and then fill out survey.

same goes whenever you're feed that bullshit about a "free preorder". friend was told he'd get 6 free preorders and he picked out 5 games to preorder only to notice the employee had an extra game preordered.

I've tried doing this online. But the code won't popup. Am I missing something here? I am a pro member and I've only read the first and last two pages of this thread (will read more).

EDIT:
[quote name='kart007k']Then I would highly recommend playing more games on PS3.[/QUOTE]
Lmao, holy shit that was kind of mean (if comment taken serious) but it made me laugh out loud

also, I decided to do pickup and see how that turns out. I'd rather avoid the unnecessary shipping cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MR_E']You do realize that this deal's valid online, too, right? Why not just order from home?[/QUOTE]

because im not paying shipping for this, the only way to get free shipping is ordering in store. I dont think the free shipping code works anymore, and if it did its only on orders over $25 anyway

so anyone know or not?

Three things about ordering this off Gamestop.com:
1) You get free shipping if you order $25+ worth of stuff.
2) Heavy Rain Director's Cut counts as $19.99 towards free shipping (-$10 coupon applies at the end of the transaction automatically if you have a PUR number, on the payment screen). Only one copy per order gets the discount.
3) You only need to add a $5.XX+ item to qualify for free shipping, such as Red Faction Armageddon for PS3 or 360 ($5.99). Keep it if you want, or return it to a store you dislike. ;)

I picked up my copy in store today, no hassles at all.

1) Went to website and had them hold a copy in store
2) Went to store to pick up copy
3) Handed the clerk my rewards card
4) Declined offer for a pre-order
5) Paid and left.

There is literally no reason whatsoever to tell the clerk in the store the item is on a sale or promotion. It automatically rings up at $9.99 when your rewards card is applied. If you tell the clerk about the promotion beforehand, all you're doing is causing a potentially unnecessary argument with the clerk if they were not aware of the promotion or you gave them the opportunity to make stuff up claiming it's part of the promotion. As someone else pointed out, you might have also possibly made the clerk aware of the promotion and they no longer wanted to sell it to you so they could benefit from the promotion themselves. Basically, silence is golden :)

[quote name='Mippo']

There is literally no reason whatsoever to tell the clerk in the store the item is on a sale or promotion.[/QUOTE]

This...and this and this and this.

/discussion

Seriously, I didn't even say anything. Just asked for a copy of the game. The guy who helped me didn't even know it was on sale until it rang up, at which point he says, "oh, man...today's your lucky day! It's actually on sale right now". YADONTSAY?!?!

[quote name='Mippo']I picked up my copy in store today, no hassles at all.

1) Went to website and had them hold a copy in store
2) Went to store to pick up copy
3) Handed the clerk my rewards card
4) Declined offer for a pre-order
5) Paid and left.

There is literally no reason whatsoever to tell the clerk in the store the item is on a sale or promotion. It automatically rings up at $9.99 when your rewards card is applied. If you tell the clerk about the promotion beforehand, all you're doing is causing a potentially unnecessary argument with the clerk if they were not aware of the promotion or you gave them the opportunity to make stuff up claiming it's part of the promotion. As someone else pointed out, you might have also possibly made the clerk aware of the promotion and they no longer wanted to sell it to you so they could benefit from the promotion themselves. Basically, silence is golden :)[/QUOTE]

Or you can act this way if you had a bad day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4

[quote name='Alucard400']Yeah. I thought it was bullshit. I mentioned that the gamestop webpage has this deal noted and the employee replied that there is an asterisk saying that a preorder of the new game by the same programmers of Heavy Rain has to be made to get the promotion. I think reporting the person will not work as the company pushes to get preorders made. It's easy to just get the money back later. Our copies'were'also brand new sealed and not gutted[/QUOTE]

Thats Funny because the heavy rain was discounted a whole day before that stupid preorder email got sent out but even so that guy must have been an illiterate jackass (which doesnt surprise me he works at gamestop) Because if you look at that email yes it has beyond two souls preorder next to heavy rain but it never says you have to preorder to get it... it just says hey while you wait check out heavy rain for $10 even the links are separate so you dont even have to click on two souls.

As for the Asterisk here all that the asterisk says ‡Heavy Rain Director's Cut: Offer valid 4/18/13 - 4/29/13 for PowerUp Rewards members. Whille supplies last.

Quick noob Q. Can I use the free membership to get the discount or do I need to have the $15 membership thing?

Reason I ask is bc my bro's yearly membership ran out. Got the card but If I try to use it, Im sure they will try for my to re-sub again. (I use his card for deals aswell)

[quote name='Guerrilla']Three things about ordering this off Gamestop.com:
1) You get free shipping if you order $25+ worth of stuff.
2) Heavy Rain Director's Cut counts as $19.99 towards free shipping (-$10 coupon applies at the end of the transaction automatically if you have a PUR number, on the payment screen). Only one copy per order gets the discount.
3) You only need to add a $5.XX+ item to qualify for free shipping, such as Red Faction Armageddon for PS3 or 360 ($5.99). Keep it if you want, or return it to a store you dislike. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this - $4.99 game works too - it says $24.99 or over, but $24.98 works.

[quote name='batman1939']Any point in getting this if you got the original?[/QUOTE]

I mean it is the "complete" version of the game, which includes the only piece of downloadable content, The Taxidermist, as well as the soundtrack, Playstation Move support, eight making-of videos, three dynamic themes, fifteen pieces of concept art, and two bonus trailers.

If those above applies to you actually wanting then I would buy this Director's Cut. If not, then don't worry about owning it if you played the DLC add-on.

[quote name='xlost4']I mean it is the "complete" version of the game, which includes the only piece of downloadable content, The Taxidermist, as well as the soundtrack, Playstation Move support, eight making-of videos, three dynamic themes, fifteen pieces of concept art, and two bonus trailers.

If those above applies to you actually wanting then I would buy this Director's Cut. If not, then don't worry about owning it if you played the DLC add-on.[/QUOTE]

The move support is the only real thing, but thats what got me.

*Went to a store on the way home from work this morning, the guy (think the manager) was pretty cool, but he didn't know about the deal until he did it. He made a sign and put it up (thought that was nice), I think I'll do any GS business there now if I have to go to GS.

held a copy online and picked up in store. no issues

I actually already had the game, bought 1st day and got the preorder bonus of the taxidermist and when move support was added I downloaded that off psn.

but I actually just recommended this game to a friend so I picked it up for her.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']The move support is the only real thing, but thats what got me.
[/QUOTE]

The move support was actually added to the original version, too, with a huge patch. Definitely a lot more convenient having it on disc than downloading a 1 or 2 GB patch every time you want to uninstall/reinstall, though.

Hey, I got a glitch online. I had it in my cart with another item and the discount was there, but I removed the other one and the discount disappeared. I removed Heavy Rain and I added it again and it still doesn't give me the discount. Does anyone else have this problem?

Went to my store, grabbed a display case, ended up with a sealed copy for $10.XX. Poor cashier was surprised it was on sale.

I wonder if I'd feel as much sympathy for them when I say no to preorders and such if I didn't know all their policies.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so did he not ring it up? never tell them the price unless the promo doesn't ring up. as others have mentioned he likely bought it for himself or a friend later.

If you are a different gender/race/ethnicity/religion/ or simply differ in height/weight/bodytype/hairlength/correctivelenses etc then you were discriminated against. call the police.

but if you're trolling go away.

for those that were forced to preorder make sure to fill out the survey asap.

I got stuck with a preorder during one of my tradeins during the 50% promo. bitch tacked it on even though I said no when asked and when pointing it out she said it was needed to get the trade bump (not true). Will have to go back to that store and wait till I see the same employee so I can cancel and then fill out survey.

same goes whenever you're feed that bullshit about a "free preorder". friend was told he'd get 6 free preorders and he picked out 5 games to preorder only to notice the employee had an extra game preordered.[/QUOTE]

That is absurd. But I suppose it makes sense.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']That is absurd. But I suppose it makes sense.[/QUOTE]

I did an instore pickup order for Metroid Prime Trilogy a few months ago. I went to the store and the employees said there was no printout but looked and didn't find it. One employee recalled the manager printing the confirmation out and putting the game aside before she left for the day (this was maybe a few hours I ordered at night and I went next day). He asked what game and I just said Metroid and he was like oh oh Trilogy yeah I saw he put it away. He looked around for several minutes but couldn't find it.
I still saw that store listed as having it online when I checked a day later. Next day the store wasn't listed. An employee had to have hid the game and then bought it.

Another time I went to a store and asked if a used game was in stock (I saw online that it was but didn't call or order). The guy there spent a few seconds looking around in the drawers (did not check the computer) and said no. He said it's probably on tradehold and to check again on Monday (it was Thursday/Friday). I checked online each day and it still listed the game in stock, however on Monday that store didn't show up online as having it. Yeah likely an employee got it.

You should go back to that store and speak to a manager.

Just picked it up. They were going to give me a gutted copy. But then she kept looking and found a new black label. When she rung it up, she was like "oh, I didn't know this was on sale!". Easy going

the lady who rang me up kept trying to sell me the used copy with GPG I told her to go ahead hit the total and then she was like "Oh that's weird" got a new sealed copy

I already have this game in my backlog, new and sealed, haven't played it, but every time I see this thread, I am tempted to get another copy so I can keep one sealed. It is a sickness.

[quote name='guessed']I already have this game in my backlog, new and sealed, haven't played it, but every time I see this thread, I am tempted to get another copy so I can keep one sealed. It is a sickness.[/QUOTE]

Groovy. I love your decadence.

[quote name='guessed']I already have this game in my backlog, new and sealed, haven't played it, but every time I see this thread, I am tempted to get another copy so I can keep one sealed. It is a sickness.[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:

Went into my local GameStop, asked for this at the counter, clerk got the last sealed copy, scanned my PUR card, correct price, payed, and out all in less than 5 minutes. Wasn't even asked if I wanted to reserve anything. Hate to say this, but this was the best GameStop experience I've ever had.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Went into my local GameStop, asked for this at the counter, clerk got the last sealed copy, scanned my PUR card, correct price, payed, and out all in less than 5 minutes. Wasn't even asked if I wanted to reserve anything. Hate to say this, but this was the best GameStop experience I've ever had.[/QUOTE]

My experience was nearly the same. Except, the cashier said they had a used copy if I wanted it. I said no because the new copy rang up cheaper. Duh.

Got my copy today.
Anyone know how to fold that origami paper into the shape on the cover?
Or is it just supposed to be a fortune teller thing?

[quote name='redmangoose']Got my copy today.
Anyone know how to fold that origami paper into the shape on the cover?
Or is it just supposed to be a fortune teller thing?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, they give you instructions on how to make it while the game is installing.

Thanks OP, I just asked for a new copy and didn't mention the price and as soon as he swiped my card the price changed. No forced preorders or hassles. So don't bring up the price until after they scan the game and your card.

Found a sealed copy at my store. ~$8 after employee discount! :bouncy:

[quote name='shajek']My experience was nearly the same. Except, the cashier said they had a used copy if I wanted it. I said no because the new copy rang up cheaper. Duh.[/QUOTE]

Was an uninformed sale. Unless they are checking the website, they wouldnt have known about it. I read all the emails our store gets, there was no mention of this sale. It's just something they did randomly. Probably since Beyond Two Souls is coming out soon.

Got bored durin the installation process. Kinda messed up... But...
9BXy4h3.jpg

[quote name='Gedemer']You don't need to be a PRO member.

The only way you'll get display copy is if they are out of stock of it in their drawers or they are complete tools...(most GS members are :D )[/QUOTE]

Actually we always check the drawers first if a customer brings up the display copy of a new game.... otherwise we have to reorganize the wall and find a game to fill the hole.

[quote name='Gideon68']I thought they only gut the display copy, which would normally be the last copy. It'd suck if the last copy was actually factory sealed.[/QUOTE]

We usually do have to have a display copy of every new game, which is why the last one is sometimes gutted. But there are times when a game ISNT on display so the last one would be sealed still.

[quote name='redmangoose']Called in for pick up and they accepted the discount price.
Went to go pick it up but since I lost my ID they couldn't let me have it, even though I'm already 20...
Going to go tomorrow again with my passport or something. Dammit, why can't they just be chill like the people at smoke shops...oh wait, this is Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Because we're supposed to card if you look under 40, akin to alcohol/cig sales... we'd get fired if we didnt card you. So we play it safe and ask whoever we think is possibly underage. We dont make the rules, blame the ESRB and get a new ID/license (which you should have anyways IMO)

bread's done
Back