75% off N64 and PS1 Games @ EB/GS

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
The old B1G1 sale appears to be over and is being replaced with a 75% off sale; plus the 10% off for your Game Informer card comes off the original (and the the dicounted price), makes the deal closer to 85% off. It also appears that the old N64 and PS1 games are being consolidated in select stores, so many stores will not have any games and some will have a ridiculous amount. YMMV and good luck.

[quote name='davo1224']I missed this sale and I was pissed[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. I missed it too.

To make things worse, the EB/GS stores around here simply sent a lot of their old stock to other stores that are easily 50+ miles away, thus defeating the entire purpose of even trying to snag some decent deals.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh and FOnewear, you ever try hitting the Goodwill down near the new Gamestop in Shamokin area? That's where I found the Zelda Sword/Shielf replica combo from Target for $8 AND a Star Ocean: TTEOT guide. Nice store, they even had a pc strategy game(fairly new one too) for $5-6, but I passed on it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I do frequent the Salvation Army by the Lycoming Mall about once a week whenever I'm at the mall. That is a nice find on the Zelda TP stuff from Target, I never see new stuff just old stuff around here. I did mildly consider checking out the Buckhorn GameStop for PS1 games but I knew that it would almost surely not be worth the gas and time if I took the 50 minute drive just to go to GameStop. The only good thing it looks like you bought at that store was Saga Frointer II. Did you find Heart of the Alien at that store also? You should have picked that up if it was only afew bucks even if it was dics only!

[quote name='FOnewearl']Nope, I do frequent the Salvation Army by the Lycoming Mall about once a week whenever I'm at the mall. That is a nice find on the Zelda TP stuff from Target, I never see new stuff just old stuff around here. I did mildly consider checking out the Buckhorn GameStop for PS1 games but I knew that it would almost surely not be worth the gas and time if I took the 50 minute drive just to go to GameStop. The only good thing it looks like you bought at that store was Saga Frointer II. Did you find Heart of the Alien at that store also? You should have picked that up if it was only afew bucks even if it was dics only![/quote]

Did you mean Heart Of Darkness? I only found one complete(but disc only) copy and wasn't even sure what the game was about. I did notice that the discs were near mint though, even though the one had been flopping around on the shelf for probably a couple weeks.

I hit a couple Salvation Army stores yesterday(one in Eynon while my dog was getting groomed) and one in Wilkes Barre and as usual, nothing game related in either aside from a copy of Track and Field II for NES in WB's store. If you ever do get up this way, you really have to check out The Video Game Store in Wilkes Barre, as he has quintupled his guide collection in the past 2-3 months. I think he knows someone who works at GS and BB honestly, since many of the newer guides he has are recent drops.

According to that quantity list you can check on the site a local store of mine should be a gold mine...
After calling them and asking the deal with the list he said it updates every night and that there computer is showing all the games in stock also.. he said he checked the bin and looked in back but says they don't have any of the games and does not know why the computer is showing them....

Hmmm....

[quote name='Derrick1979']According to that quantity list you can check on the site a local store of mine should be a gold mine...
After calling them and asking the deal with the list he said it updates every night and that there computer is showing all the games in stock also.. he said he checked the bin and looked in back but says they don't have any of the games and does not know why the computer is showing them....

Hmmm....[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me GS site shows RE 3, FF IX, Persona as being in stock at this store but when I went the guy told me they do not sell ps1 games anymore. Two other stores show Time Crisis project titan in stock I went to one store and checked their selection I could not find it I asked the employee he checked on the computer and told me they do not have it in stock it still shows in stock on the website I called the other store and was told they no longer carry ps1 games.

[quote name='CGH']The same thing happened to me GS site shows RE 3, FF IX, Persona as being in stock at this store but when I went the guy told me they do not sell ps1 games anymore. Two other stores show Time Crisis project titan in stock I went to one store and checked their selection I could not find it I asked the employee he checked on the computer and told me they do not have it in stock it still shows in stock on the website I called the other store and was told they no longer carry ps1 games.[/quote]

I could see some here and there but saying you have 19 different games in stock and one title having 4+.. can't tell me its just and error someone is holding out on those titles..

[quote name='Derrick1979']I could see some here and there but saying you have 19 different games in stock and one title having 4+.. can't tell me its just and error someone is holding out on those titles..[/quote]

Or shrink. I found empty cases labeled Breath ofFire IV, Suikoden, and the MGS case at one store. =(

[quote name='Derrick1979']According to that quantity list you can check on the site a local store of mine should be a gold mine...

Hmmm....[/quote]

Sounds like someone is holding them. It might be the person you talked to. Thats why its better to just go or call and ask if they still carry ps1 games. The manager at the last store I went to let me buy the stuff that was on hold. He said another employee had them on hold for over a month. If the guy you spoke to is the person holding them i'll bet they disappear from the locater within the next day or two.

[quote name='rxdoga']Sounds like someone is holding them. It might be the person you talked to. Thats why its better to just go or call and ask if they still carry ps1 games. The manager at the last store I went to let me buy the stuff that was on hold. He said another employee had them on hold for over a month. If the guy you spoke to is the person holding them i'll bet they disappear from the locater within the next day or two.[/quote]

It was a different guy today that I talked to with pretty much the same response.. so tomorrow I will take a trip over there seeing there is to much on the list to be a burp in the system.. If that was the case other stores would have items show up and one other store had one title and I called the store and they actually had the product..

So I will see tomorrow, anything I should say just to weed them out if they are keeping them in back?

Believe me Derrick, my local stores that USED to have PS1 games told me upfront that those older games will still appear as in store until they do their next major inventory. And, the one store that told me as such has since had all traces of their PS1 motherlode disappear completely from the website locator.

The one other store that had buttloads of PS1 games in stock and was a local dump center for GS for PS1/N64 games has pulled them all to the back. Hell, every time I turn around either corporate or their DM is ordering them to rearrange the damned stores, so I can see why they'd want all that loose product shoved in the back instead of having to mess with fistfuls of disc only games every other friggin week.

I thumbed through the majority of their titles they had there already and aside from a stray Command & Conquer, they had jackshit. Although, I would like to go through them again, as they may have had other ones dumped on them that I didn't search though.

Either way, I'm not gonna harass them about it, since I don't even play the ones I've grabbed, at least not lately I haven't.

[quote name='Derrick1979']It was a different guy today that I talked to with pretty much the same response.. so tomorrow I will take a trip over there seeing there is to much on the list to be a burp in the system.. If that was the case other stores would have items show up and one other store had one title and I called the store and they actually had the product..

So I will see tomorrow, anything I should say just to weed them out if they are keeping them in back?[/quote]

My strategy is to ask to see their psx games as if I know they have them instead of asking if they have psx games....if they deny me I usually hit them with I called over here a few days ago and someone told me there are some in the back....it worked a few times lol.

One time I went to a store that was supposed to be a goldmine and I could, I hit them with the "can take a look at your original playstation games" and I got an employee to admit they had them, but the manager would not let me look through them...I left that store pretty pissed(It was in Fremont, CA if anyone wants to go over there and knock over a magazine rack for me)

Anyway, ask as if you have confirmation they have some somewhere.

Yeah the only info I got from them was that they only had what was on the floor and its a few sports titles. I said well which ones do you have and he said well why don't you come down and take a look. I asked if they kept any from the floor and he said he doesn't think so but didn't have time to check the backroom and didn't know why the computer showed those..

They have showed up on that system now for quite awhile so .. it's worth stopping by and driving them a little nuts seeing they don't really have anything important going on anyways...

[quote name='r00kie']My strategy is to ask to see their psx games as if I know they have them instead of asking if they have psx games....if they deny me I usually hit them with I called over here a few days ago and someone told me there are some in the back....it worked a few times lol.

One time I went to a store that was supposed to be a goldmine and I could, I hit them with the "can take a look at your original playstation games" and I got an employee to admit they had them, but the manager would not let me look through them...I left that store pretty pissed(It was in Fremont, CA if anyone wants to go over there and knock over a magazine rack for me)

Anyway, ask as if you have confirmation they have some somewhere.[/quote]

I went to one store that still had a small bin on the floor. I handed over a few empty cases and he went to two drawers on the back counter packed full of games. I happened to catch a glimpse of many games that weren't represent in the bin. When I asked to take a look other games in the drawers he told they were just doubles of what was in the bin. After I gave him stern look:evil:, the drawers were out and on the counter for me to thumb through.:bouncy:

[quote name='rxdoga']I went to one store that still had a small bin on the floor. I handed over a few empty cases and he went to two drawers on the back counter packed full of games. I happened to catch a glimpse of many games that weren't represent in the bin. When I asked to take a look other games in the drawers he told they were just doubles of what was in the bin. After I gave him stern look:evil:, the drawers were out and on the counter for me to thumb through.:bouncy:[/quote]

Well tomorrow I am going in there with no hopes of finding anything but at least a battle plan so thanks for the tips I will report back the news lol...

I was able to find some decent games today.

Breath of Fire 4
Persona 2
Pocket fighter
Shooter Starfighter Sanvein
Xmen Mutant Acedemy 2
Hoshigami
Yu gi oh
Harvest moon
GTA
GTA:London
Bloody Roar
Fear Effect
Dynasty Warriors
Digimon World 3
DOA
Brave Fencer Musashi
Alien Ressurection
Xfiles
Silent Bomber
Star Trek Invasion
Strickers 1945

[quote name='rxdoga']I was able to find some decent games today.

Breath of Fire 4
Persona 2
Pocket fighter
Shooter Starfighter Sanvein
Xmen Mutant Acedemy 2
Hoshigami
Yu gi oh
Harvest moon
GTA
GTA:London
Bloody Roar
Fear Effect
Dynasty Warriors
Digimon World 3
DOA
Brave Fencer Musashi
Alien Ressurection
Xfiles
Silent Bomber
Star Trek Invasion
Strickers 1945[/quote]

You got some decent games there, hope you didn't have to try and find your local GS PS1 'dump store' like I had to. I've found 3 semi local ones, but none have anything GOOD left and the one the employees told me they 'have a box of games in the back', which means either they're hoarding anything good or their DM just told them to keep them back there till they penny so he can come and destroy them(he's a total dick like that).

Some employees at Gamestop are so damn rude. I was at one a few weeks ago and said, "do you have any games for N64 or ps1?"
"Yeah, but only a couple, none you'd be interested in," chuckle, chuckle.

"What, like crappy sports titles?"

"Nah, but they are Rhapsody..."
"I'll take it, what else?"
"umm...hmmm...persona, starcraft 64.."
Of course, I grabbed those. They didn't ring up right at first and he was damned surprised when I got them for like 3 dollars a piece.
I know he said that I wouldn't like them b/c I'm a girl.
So annoying!
Still, at least they had some good ones. Most I've been in have already shipped them to other places.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you mean Heart Of Darkness?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did mean Heart of Darkness, I definately would check out some of the Mom & Pop stores if I end up in Wilkes Barre one of these days although I need more game stuff about as bad as I need a new pair of cement shoes :) Did you get anything good beside Saga Frontier II during this 75% off ordeal? I did pick up a copy of X-com UFO for the Playstation with a manual at the Buckhorn plaza store last September that was out in the open. I didn't have a big interest in it but couldn't resist since it had a Battle Arena Toshindin (Long Case) back insert making it only afew bucks instead of $10-15 as it would have been if it rang up as X-com UFO.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You got some decent games there, hope you didn't have to try and find your local GS PS1 'dump store' like I had to. I've found 3 semi local ones, but none have anything GOOD left and the one the employees told me they 'have a box of games in the back', which means either they're hoarding anything good or their DM just told them to keep them back there till they penny so he can come and destroy them(he's a total dick like that).[/quote]

what makes the employees not wanna buy them at less than $1 at most times now? are they really that stupid, or are they not allowed to buy them at all since they are cheap and GS/EB is definately loosing money with them..

A lot of people must be interested in crappy titles, as the clerks rarely ever take the good RPG games.

My one store got STOCKED with PS1 games - I went through one entire new shelf display and got a few, most of which I'll keep. Someone else on the other side of the shelf display was stoked he found stuff like disc-only Smackdown vs Raw 2 :whistle2:s, Tony Hawk 3, Madden 1997, etc. :whistle2:k A clerk said that this store got supplies from surrounding counties (Berks, Montgomery, Bucks, Chester) and I'd believe it since I went to all the GS/EB in Phila. and kept seeing the same games in stock, and most of these were new arrivals.

Let people like the sports fan take all the crappy sports games, I got the following, only a few are meh:

Namco Museum Vol 3
Time Crisis
Soul Blade
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout
Dragon Ball Z: UB 22
Tiny Tank
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dynasty Warriors
Drive 2 (sealed)
Tomb Raider 3 (complete)
Tenchu Stealth Assassins (sealed), (complete)
Atari Anniversary
Mechwarrior 2: 31st Centure (complete)
Syphon Filter 2 (complete)
Tomb Raider 2 (complete)
Inu Yasha: Feudal Fairy Tale (missing manual)
Spin Jam
Grand Theft Auto: London (complete)
Syphon Filter 3 (complete)
Spider: The Video Game
Namco Museum Vol 1 (sealed)
Namco Museum Vol 2 (complete)
King of Fighters 99
Tench 2: Birth of Assassins (complete)
Driver (sealed)
Fighter Maker
Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
Tony Hawk 4 (ok, I'm just curious about how a THPS game plays at .75)
Tomb Raider 4: Last Revelation
Ace Combat 3
Vanark
Urban Chaos
Treasures of the Deep

I got a pretty good haul, haven't tested them but at $27 I can't complain. I'll just take back whatever doesn't work. I spent 1.5 hrs sorting through piles of games.

[quote name='phear3d']what makes the employees not wanna buy them at less than $1 at most times now? are they really that stupid, or are they not allowed to buy them at all since they are cheap and GS/EB is definately loosing money with them..[/quote]

My guess is that they are trying to hold on to them until they penny out and someone will just take the lot home. Why else would an emplyee who knew of the 85% off w/edgemore contiune to keep semi-rare games on hold for months and risk another employee selling them.

[quote name='rxdoga']My guess is that they are trying to hold on to them until they penny out and someone will just take the lot home. Why else would an emplyee who knew of the 85% off w/edgemore contiune to keep semi-rare games on hold for months and risk another employee selling them.[/quote]

That's bull and I bet thats what is going on at the store by me.. In a way keeping product off the floor from paying customers is almost like they steal from the company...

they have the advantage by working behind the counter and seeing what is there but it's still not worth working in gamestore hell for those kind of perks lol...

[quote name='Caliburn']
My one store got STOCKED with PS1 games - I went through one entire new shelf display and got a few, most of which I'll keep.[/quote]
Which store was this? The Mt. Laurel NJ store shipped away all their PS1 games a few weeks ago.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Yeah I did mean Heart of Darkness, I definately would check out some of the Mom & Pop stores if I end up in Wilkes Barre one of these days although I need more game stuff about as bad as I need a new pair of cement shoes :) Did you get anything good beside Saga Frontier II during this 75% off ordeal? I did pick up a copy of X-com UFO for the Playstation with a manual at the Buckhorn plaza store last September that was out in the open. I didn't have a big interest in it but couldn't resist since it had a Battle Arena Toshindin (Long Case) back insert making it only afew bucks instead of $10-15 as it would have been if it rang up as X-com UFO.[/quote]

You know, the Columbia Mall was the place I scored all my copies of the Metal Gear Solid 3 guide from, right? The guy looked at me kinda funny when I said 'do you mind if I take them all, since you're just gonna toss them out anyway?'.

And, I probably looked every funnier walking out of that mall(since my car was up the other end near Sears) lugging this probably 15-20 lb bag of game guides with me.

Speaking of that Sears, when I was down that way this time, they had only a couple game items left in store. I think they stopped carrying games in that store now. There were only like 1-2 PS2 remote kits and a couple games left in a bin when I was there a couple weeks ago.

I think it's only a matter of time before ALL Sears stop carrying them, since most times the games never seem to 'move', except for the really good ones(that CAGs and others who know about being clearanced come in and cherry pick out lol).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, the Columbia Mall was the place I scored all my copies of the Metal Gear Solid 3 guide from, right? The guy looked at me kinda funny when I said 'do you mind if I take them all, since you're just gonna toss them out anyway?'.

And, I probably looked every funnier walking out of that mall(since my car was up the other end near Sears) lugging this probably 15-20 lb bag of game guides with me.

Speaking of that Sears, when I was down that way this time, they had only a couple game items left in store. I think they stopped carrying games in that store now. There were only like 1-2 PS2 remote kits and a couple games left in a bin when I was there a couple weeks ago.

I think it's only a matter of time before ALL Sears stop carrying them, since most times the games never seem to 'move', except for the really good ones(that CAGs and others who know about being clearanced come in and cherry pick out lol).[/QUOTE]

Yep the Columbia Mall, I still remember when they first built it about 15 years ago. I always hear about how bad it's doing and notice the empty spots were store closed down whenever I'm at the Columbia Mall. Last time I stopped by was last september and even just as a gamer it shows how they don't do as well as most EBgames. Even just looking at the GBA games I was surprised at some of the games they still had at least 1 new copy of that were afew years old and would be nearly impossible to find new in store.

I even made my way to the Columbia Mall when KBToys had a big clearance about a year and a half ago, they had afew really good gems.

Still have no idea where all the stuff in the KC area goes to because I've been to at least 10 locations in the KC/Topeka/Lawrence area and I've only seen one store that has some remotely old stuff and that was 2 years ago and an all-sports pile that's been gone since :(

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Still have no idea where all the stuff in the KC area goes to because I've been to at least 10 locations in the KC/Topeka/Lawrence area and I've only seen one store that has some remotely old stuff and that was 2 years ago and an all-sports pile that's been gone since :(

SI[/quote]

PM sent

For game guides, I usually take a backpack if I'm prepared.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, the Columbia Mall was the place I scored all my copies of the Metal Gear Solid 3 guide from, right? The guy looked at me kinda funny when I said 'do you mind if I take them all, since you're just gonna toss them out anyway?'.

I think it's only a matter of time before ALL Sears stop carrying them, since most times the games never seem to 'move', except for the really good ones(that CAGs and others who know about being clearanced come in and cherry pick out lol).[/QUOTE]

Well if anyone here has extras or just wants to trade off PSone games drop me a pm and see if we can work out some trades..

** My trade list is not all I have to offer,willing to tap into my collection depending on what you say your looking for...

Thanks

Went to 2 different Gamestops today and did very well. HEre are the titles I grabbed today:

Complete:
RPG Maker
Command & Conquer Red Alert: Retaliation

Disc & Manual:
Hydro Thunder
Jade Cocoon

Disc Only:
Hydro Thunder
Breath Of Fire IV
GTA
GTA 2
GTA London
Bloody Roar 2 (x2)
Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout
Granstream Saga
Gundam Battle Assault (x2)
Gundam Battle Assault 2
Armored Core: Master Of Arena (x2)
Heart of Darkness
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
Loaded (x2)
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Driver
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill
Dracula: The Ressurection
Bomberman World
Colony Wars: Vengeance
Danger Girl
Rising Zan
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2
MDK
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Oddworld: Abes Oddysee
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
RPG Maker
Sol Divide
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro The Dragon: Year Of The Dragon
Spyro The Dragon: Ripto's Rage

The employee at one store told me of another that has PS1 games also. Will hit that later this week when I have time. I also came close to scoring a copy of Persona 2, but the clerk couldn't find it, and he searched almost every draw possible. I got lucky and had some really cool employees at both stores. Hope the next one I hit is the same.

Did my weekly trip to the gamecrazy and gamestop a couple of towns over. Few decent finds

Hey You Pikachu (N64)

PS1 Disc only games
Blaster Master
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Gundam Battle Assault
Gundam Battle Assault 2
The X Files (With manual)
Crash Bandicoot Warped (With manual)
Crash Team Racing (With manual)
Crash Bash (With manual)
Spyro
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee

Total was 15.99 out the door. Since the gamecrazy thread is kind of dead I'll post my finds for that store here as well

N64 Zelda Ocarina of time collectors edition (complete in box with manual) :bouncy:
DC Record of the lodoss war (disc only)
GBC Pokemon Gold
For the 3 for 10 deal. They also seemed to have lowered wavebird prices so picked up one of those for 13.00 used.

Went to a GS while I was out of town and made a pretty good score:

Complete:
Rhapsody 3.00
Breath of Fire III 3.00
Armored Core Project Phantasma 1.50
Rpg Maker 1.05
Persona 2 4.50
Saiyuki: The Journey West 3.00

Disc Only:
Beyond the Beyond 0.75
Front Mission 3 x2 2.25 each
Parasite Eve 1.95
Ehgiez: God Bless the Ring x2 1.50
Granstream Saga 0.30
Point Blank 2 1.05
Time Crisis: Project Titan 1.05
Vagrant Story 3.00
World's Scariest Police Chases 1.20
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete 4.50
Final Fantasy Origins 1.95
Alundra 2 0.90
Bushido Blade 0.60

N64 Cart Only:
Pokemon Puzzle League 1.95
Quest 64 1.95
F Zero X 1.20

Not too bad, some of this stuff is up for trade, so PM if your interested(I am keeping some of it though).

It was in the Dallas area. I am kind of suprised too, they had quite a few copies of Ehrgiez and Front Mission 3 too.(Didn't want to hoard, so I only got 1 extra of each). I'm not sure if I should play through FF Origins or just wait for the new PSP ones..I think i'm too cheap to buy those though....

Made another great haul at a GS on the Southside, here's the loot:

Breath of Fire IV x2 Both (Complete)
Brave Fencer Musashi (Disc Only)
Contra Legacy of War (Disc Only)
Dragon Valor (Disc Only)
Gundam Battle Assault 2 (Disc Only)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Disc Only)
Legend of Dragoon (Disc Only)
Lethal Enforcers I & II (Disc Only)
Incredible Crisis (Disc Only)
Jumping Flash 2 (Disc Only)
Monster Rancher 2 x2 (1 Complete 1 Disc Only)
Mechwarrior 2 (Complete)
Point Blank 2 x2 (Disc Only)
Time Crisis Project Titan (Disc Only)
Fear Effect (Complete but had Fear Effect 2 inside instead)
Dino Crisis 2 (Disc Only)
Spiderman 2 Enter Electro (Disc Only)
Tony Hawk 2 (Complete)
Command & Conquer Red Alert (Disc Only)
Persona 2 (Complete)
MediEvil 2 (Disc Only)
King of Fighters '95
A-Train (Disc Only)
Shadow Master (Complete)
Shadow Madness (Turned out to have only disc 2...)
Tetris Plus (Disc Only)
Sorcerer's Maze (Disc Only)
Vagrant Story (Disc Only)
Worms (Disc Only)
Wild Arms x2 (Disc Only)
Buster Bros. Collection (Complete)
Beyond the Beyond (Disc only)
Hoshigami Runing Blue Earth (Disc Only)

57.85 all paid on credit that I had, if i'm doing my math right thats only about 1.52 per game. :)

I'm trying to track down cases for the ones I want to keep, the rest are going to ebay to replenish my very sad looking checking account.

I originally thought this sale was dead on arrival, but I've really cleaned up on it and got some PS1 gems in the process. Picking up PS1 games is really the only time i've shopped at GS in like 2 years.

[quote name='Serik']Wow! Final Fantasy Tactics is a great find. Probably the most-wanted PS1 game out there[/QUOTE]
Really? I actually picked up another one from a different GS. I didn't know it was in demand. As soon as the PSP version get a US release date i'm selling my copy of it.

Ya, the discs alone are listed for $36 on Amazon Marketplace; new versions start at $90. Prices on eBay tend to be cheaper, but you're still looking at $28-40 for a standard used version.

I think it's because FFT was never that popular when it was actually released.

p.s. I noticed that FFVII goes for $50 used for the greatest hits! wowowow

You can get FFT for $20 its a greatest hits title and still being produced.

edit: NVM, I guess they stopped printing it so the now the prices are jetting up because everyone wants a copy now that its OOP.

[quote name='Serik']Wow! Final Fantasy Tactics is a great find. Probably the most-wanted PS1 game out there[/QUOTE]

Not to take anything away from FFT, but I can name several other games that are worth more and are more sought after...just off the top of my head: Suikoden 2, Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Destiny 1 & 2, FFVII, etc.

[quote name='Wez455']i hate you all. and i hate where i live![/QUOTE]
In all fairness, I hate where I live too. These games are nice finds, but not adequate compensation for the 100 degree tempatures I will have to live through in a month or two.

I wish I still had some good games to pick through here, but the closest EB with PS1 games has the bulk of them in the back and for some reason WON'T put them back out for me to check through. Either the employees want to casually pick through the boxload(s) of them and then plunk the rest out once they nab anything good OR they were told by their sadistic DM to just keep all the cheapest merchandise in the back.

Either way....it sucks, since the only other stores 'near' me that have these are 30+ miles away. Hardly worth the time to traipse all the way down there, just to find that there's nothing GOOD left.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wish I still had some good games to pick through here, but the closest EB with PS1 games has the bulk of them in the back and for some reason WON'T put them back out for me to check through. Either the employees want to casually pick through the boxload(s) of them and then plunk the rest out once they nab anything good OR they were told by their sadistic DM to just keep all the cheapest merchandise in the back.[/quote]

The DM knows you're probably the only guy in town who buys up the games, so he personally instructed them to keep it in the back until you're not seen at his stores for an unspecified length of time - at which date he will instruct them to dump the motherload out in the wild for all to take when he's relatively positive you're not there. ;):lol:

thats pretty funny... Still think that my local store is hiding the games in back .. you would think that after 3 weeks that thier inventory would be fixed if it is just a fart in the system and the games should not be on there...

bread's done
Back