75% off N64 and PS1 Games @ EB/GS

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
The old B1G1 sale appears to be over and is being replaced with a 75% off sale; plus the 10% off for your Game Informer card comes off the original (and the the dicounted price), makes the deal closer to 85% off. It also appears that the old N64 and PS1 games are being consolidated in select stores, so many stores will not have any games and some will have a ridiculous amount. YMMV and good luck.

I got rejected for a few penny guides I wanted at GS, but I didn't leave empty handed. For $6.03 I got:

Ray Tracers (disc)
Aces of the Air (disc)
Syphon Filter 3 (disc)
Jumping Flash (disc & longbox case)

[quote name='Derrick1979']thats pretty funny... Still think that my local store is hiding the games in back .. you would think that after 3 weeks that thier inventory would be fixed if it is just a fart in the system and the games should not be on there...[/quote]

In my case it was an employee hiding the games. Online inventory showed a bunch of good games in stock and one day I finally saw them in a nice stack behind the counter. The guy working there was thankfully new so he let me buy them up. Keep looking around each trip and keep asking! Ya never know who might slip

[quote name='Caliburn']The DM knows you're probably the only guy in town who buys up the games, so he personally instructed them to keep it in the back until you're not seen at his stores for an unspecified length of time - at which date he will instruct them to dump the motherload out in the wild for all to take when he's relatively positive you're not there. ;):lol:[/quote]

Actually, their DM knows I'm 'the penny guide guy' and has instructed his clerks to not sell or even give away the guides to me or ANYONE. He even went so far as to have the one mall store here pull ALL their guides to their teeny tiny backroom to prevent future sales of pennied guides.

However, a couple of the night shift employees at at least ONE store here just don't give a shit and have been giving me pennied items like crazy for a couple months now.

So, I doubt it's because I'm buying them all up, but maybe because he said that if they aren't selling, to simply pull them from the floor for lack of space.

Either way, I laugh at his stupidity, as pulling stuff from the floor doesn't discourage me in the least and WILL deter sales to people who have to SEE the items to want them. If I keep pestering them, soon enough they should give in and let me see the PS1 games.

And....I wasn't really buying up ALL the good games, though I believe that was the ONLY reason I bought the one copy of Saga Frontier II at the one store. It MAY(this is NOT a notice to PM me asking if I'm selling/trading this)end up on my TL soon though.

[quote name='garfep']Are the Syphon Filter games worth picking up? A store by me has 1-3 all complete.[/quote]

i believe so since u prolly can get em all for under 5 bucks. I loved the series.

My question is does gamecrzy accept trade ins on n64 games still. their prices are alot more higher on games you never know u can make a few bucks. I really doubt it though but i have to ask

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, their DM knows I'm 'the penny guide guy' and has instructed his clerks to not sell or even give away the guides to me or ANYONE. He even went so far as to have the one mall store here pull ALL their guides to their teeny tiny backroom to prevent future sales of pennied guides.

However, a couple of the night shift employees at at least ONE store here just don't give a shit and have been giving me pennied items like crazy for a couple months now.

So, I doubt it's because I'm buying them all up, but maybe because he said that if they aren't selling, to simply pull them from the floor for lack of space.

Either way, I laugh at his stupidity, as pulling stuff from the floor doesn't discourage me in the least and WILL deter sales to people who have to SEE the items to want them. If I keep pestering them, soon enough they should give in and let me see the PS1 games.

And....I wasn't really buying up ALL the good games, though I believe that was the ONLY reason I bought the one copy of Saga Frontier II at the one store. It MAY(this is NOT a notice to PM me asking if I'm selling/trading this)end up on my TL soon though.[/quote]

Did you play Saga Frontier II, just wondering how the game is ?

[quote name='Brian9824']Not as good as 1 sadly[/quote]

I was looking at some videos and the hand drawn visuals look great.. How is the fighting is it turn based or what?? Those PS1 games are not as horrific as the PS2 ones are they??

Picked up four more PS1 games today for a little less than $4 total:

Speed Racer (Disc Only)
Power Rangers Time Force (Sealed)
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (complete)
FIFA 2004 (Sealed)

Found a HUGE bin of PlayStation games at a GameStop around my mom's area. Mostly crap, but I did find some nice ones.

Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - $5.00
Digimon World 2 - $0.75
Gex: Enter the Gecko - $1.25
Gundam Battle Assault 2 - $2.00
Rayman - $0.75
Soul Blade - $0.75
Tobal No. 1 - $1.00
Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return - $1.00 (Labeled as Tobal No. 1)

I found Final Fantasy Anthology and Chrono Cross. Why didn't I buy them? Chrono Cross was Disc 2 only and FFA was merely an empty GameStop disc case. Apparently someone stuck the discs in other cases and took them. :|

Also, the douche bag clerk tried telling me that the Edge Card doesn't work with the offer, even after scanning it (despite me telling him he had to MANUALLY type in my number considering the barcode on my card is worn out). So I couldn't get an additional 10% off any of them. Total (with 6% tax) came out to $13.38.

I got two more games today, both in great condition, except for the fact that the idiots put a sticker on one of the discs themselves despite the plethora of stickers already covering the case :roll:

Parasite Eve - $3.25
V-Tennis (extremely rare and obscure PSX game from the early days of the system, wanted it for my personal collection) - $0.75

Overall I think that's pretty much it. The guy printed out a list of games and those were the best ones left.

The local GC has complete copies of Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal 2, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 amongst their many copies of PS1 Madden. Alas, I have no Playstation.

Just came back from my Gamestop today and found a pretty good haul. Too bad their disc only :cry:

Syphon Filter 3
" " 2
Syphon Filter
Mega Man 8
Mega Man X6
Megaman Anniversary
Bomberman World
Fear Effect
Breath of Fire IV
Breath of Fire II
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Megaman X4
Brave Fencer Mushashi
Harvest Moon

total+tax=37.62

Three GameStops. Two BSing me by telling me they had none behind the counter despite the fact that they had trays labeled "PSONE" with actual PSOne cases and discs behind the counters, one actually found me some decent stuff. Prices are with Edge Card bonus.

Blasto - $0.45 (was $2.99)
South Park (N64) - $0.90 (was $5.99)
Vagrant Story - $3.00 (was $19.99)

Total w/ 6% tax: $4.61

And the guy at the store in my mom's area told me that the card could no longer be used. Right. ;\

Anybody know how reliable the website's "Check Availability" function is? If I'm to believe it, none of the stores in my area (western upstate NY) even carry these last-last-gen games anymore. Has anybody found that it's worth a phone call to find out, or will I get some BS line over the phone, while some secret box of games sits behind the counter, or in the backroom?

I detest having to shop at EB/GS, and the thought of doing a drive-around just to find out if any of my area stores even has anything in stock is less than ideal. All the same, I'd like to fill in some gaps in my back catalogue of games on PSX and N64, especially at these prices.

Just wondering what everyone's experience has been like.

You'll find store inventory trackers are hit-or-miss. They're supposed to be updated when they do inventory.

My store is listed as having Breath of Fire IV, Chrono Cross, Tales of Destiny, Hoshigami, etc...even though I know I got the last two copies in their system of two of the above games.

Anyway, I went yesterday but mostly got the Game Days games... not much in terms of good PS1 games. Tons of games are left, but most are pure crap. I might buy a complete Madden 1997 just for the jewel case and send the game as a discouraging free bonus on a trade.

I would say the inventory system is only reliable when it comes to things recently released.. My local Gstop has at least 19 RPG's listed for PS1 with multiple copies of some but.. they swear they don't have them..

I can't seem to find the links to the PS1 games on the site because when I click Playstation then it brings me to like RF adapters and stuff.

[quote name='Animal7390']I can't seem to find the links to the PS1 games on the site because when I click Playstation then it brings me to like RF adapters and stuff.[/quote]

When you get there just scroll down the page and click the area that say "SHOW" all back ordered items and your all set..

Sometimes it's reliable, sometimes it isn't. I did a test to see if the thing would still list the PSOne games I bought as being available. It actually changed to from saying they had copies of Blasto to none and having one less copy of Vagrant Story.

Wish they left all the N64 games untouched from the site. Unfortunately, you can't check them. :(

You can actually still check N64 games, it takes some time though. I found that the records are still on their site, but you can only get to some of them. I brought up archive.org and loaded the site when n64 games were available and did a store locator on the page. Surprisingly it showed they had 1-3 Pokemon Puzzle Leagues. I checked my store and they had 3.

It only works on some of the games though. It seems really finicky, I think it is because most of the N64 pages have been removed, but some are still there.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I would say the inventory system is only reliable when it comes to things recently released.. My local Gstop has at least 19 RPG's listed for PS1 with multiple copies of some but.. they swear they don't have them..[/quote]

That's because they're hoarding the damned things and don't want YOU getting hold of them, since you might actually PLAY them. But, if your intention was to simply Ebay them as well, then SHAME SHAME you damned hoarder:shame: .

After all, HOARDING IS MY SPECIALTY, ask Pookymeister. :p j/k

My haul from today.

(*Copied and pasted from my thread in the Deals & Discussion section.)

I went to a EB that's kinda out of the way but I was in the area as I was visiting a friend in the area. I expected to find nothing but was happy to see that they had a complete copy of Mario Baseball for $24.99. I knew there was an upcoming B2G1 sale soon but didn't want to risk it going by then.

I go to the counter to ask if they'd hold it until then and saw that it was one of the cool employees that used to by at my local EB. He remembered me too and we chatted a bit. He told me he transferred here back in August.

So anyway, I ask and he says no but I could do the return/rebuy (that 7 day thingy) so I was like good deal.

While he's ringing me up, I notice a PS1 game in the back (Spyhon Filter 2). I ask him if they had PS1 games and he says they sent them all to a store in Chicago.

Damn!

Then he continued talking and said the Chicago store sent them back for some reason. And then he prints out a list and hands it to me telling me to pick out the ones I wanted.

I didn't see much but I got a few gems, the best being a complete Persona 2 (MINT discs!). Besides Persona 2, all of them were disc only but for 75% off plus the 10% EDGE discount, it's a damn sweet deal! I also picked up an N64 game... the only one that wasn't a Madden or Wrestling game.

Ken Griffy Jr. - .75
Alundra 2 - .90
Galerians - .75
Saga Frontier 2 - 1.20
Omega Boost - .45
Vagrant Story - 3.00
Rage Racer - .60
Gauntlet Legends - .75
Gran Turismo - .45
Gran Turismo 2 - .75
Grandia - 3.00
Lunar Silver Star (all 4 discs!) - 4.50
Threads of Fate - 1.35 (weird blue disc...)
Fear Effect - .60
Dino Crisis - 1.50
Dino Crisis - .00 (this one was in the same envelope as the other copy so I wasn't charged for it)
C&C - 1.50
Breath of Fire IV - 4.50
Persona 2 - 4.50

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/HPIM0160.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/HPIM0162.jpg

ok, i thought i gave up on this since nobody has em anymore. finally found a store that has em. decent but not too great.

N64 haul:

kirby 64 - .2.25
banjo-kazooie - 1.05 x3
pokemon stadium 2 - 1.95 x2
pokemon stadium 1 - .45 x3
toy story 2 - 1.50
mickey's speedway 2.25
body harvest - .45
star fox 64 - .75
golden eye 007 - 1.50
jeapardy - 1.20
bust a move 2 - 1.80
diddy kong racing - 1.50
hey you pikachu - 1.35
rayman 2 - 1.95
quest 64 - 1.95 x2
rugrats - 1.95
powerpuff girls - 2.25
paperboy - 1.80
glover - 1.05
donkey kong 64 - 1.20
pokemon snap (with guide) - .45

Ps1 haul:

armored core - 1.35
megaman legends - 1.20
megaman x4 - .75
megaman zero 4 - 13.49

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's because they're hoarding the damned things and don't want YOU getting hold of them, since you might actually PLAY them. But, if your intention was to simply Ebay them as well, then SHAME SHAME you damned hoarder:shame: .

After all, HOARDING IS MY SPECIALTY, ask Pookymeister. :p j/k[/quote]

As a matter of fact I actually want to play them :D .. had most of the games early on and made the youngin mistake of trading lots of games in over the years..

I need to go down there and bring my list with me hell I will even print the damn store inventory listings and bring them with me ...

As of now my list with one particular store has a count of 23 games that are either RPG or awesome 2D fighters.. Would love to play all them again..

Currently my PS1 RPG collection is
Rhapsody
Saga Frontier II

Which im currently playing and enjoying..
Mainly want Breath of Fire IV and Legend of Mana the most out of all of them.. 2 of my Favorite RPG's from that era ...

Ya, I made the mistake of trading in some of my PS1 RPG's too. God I'm such an idiot.

Sadly my local GS/EB's stopped carrying old games some two years ago. The used games they've kept over the years were rarities that they'd sell at eBay prices (Mario Party 2 for $45, for example).

[quote name='Serik']Ya, I made the mistake of trading in some of my PS1 RPG's too. God I'm such an idiot.

Sadly my local GS/EB's stopped carrying old games some two years ago. The used games they've kept over the years were rarities that they'd sell at eBay prices (Mario Party 2 for $45, for example).[/quote]

I would never Ebay something I have such a hatred for that site lol.. Mario PArty 2 was on the 64 right? Well they would have to have 75% off that.. but still thats to much..
Just like I saw in store a used copy of Silent Hill 3 for $29.99.. Come on now..

A while back, I saw that a distant GS claimed to have some PS1 games. Today, I checked agian and it seems like that store has lost all of its ps1 games. Would this probably mean that they just cleared it all from their systems, or did I just lose out on some games?

I finally caved in and bought a copy of Silent Hill 3 for collection purposes(had 1,2 and 4) about 4 months ago @ that Ebayish price of $29.99. I only did so because I was too stupid to buy it at a Sam Goody that was going out of biz in NJ about a year or so earlier for $5. Well, that and the fact that I had about $100ish in credit from flipping multiples of the Clancy Triple Pack to GS during their 'trade 3, get $10 extra credit' deal.

I later on found a copy of the guide for it for $3 at a local shop, which is not bad considering the guide itself was going for $30ish for a while.

I was SO stupid for trading all my COMPLETE Genny/PS1 games into EB back in the day too, but I also took advantage of every pricing error they made back in the day, so it worked out(at the time).

[quote name='Link927']A while back, I saw that a distant GS claimed to have some PS1 games. Today, I checked agian and it seems like that store has lost all of its ps1 games. Would this probably mean that they just cleared it all from their systems, or did I just lose out on some games?[/quote]

hmmm...good question. I always wondered how accurate their used game inventory system is anyway.

Their website says a distant GS has some great PS1 gems, but I'm unsure of how to proceed. Should I call them, or will they lie to me or hoard the games (I honestly wouldn't put it past EBstop)? Or bite the bullet and drive all the way there?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I was SO stupid for trading all my COMPLETE Genny/PS1 games into EB back in the day too, but I also took advantage of every pricing error they made back in the day, so it worked out(at the time).[/quote]

which brings me to that time when tomb raider 3 for the ps1 came out. they had a bunch of them at blockbuster for the first week. i actually even bought the game for $49.99 at the time. 2 weeks later blockbuster cleared out half of their copies of tomb raider 3 and sold them for a whopping $9.99 each! i bought 3 of them and traded it to EB, got almost $100 in credits. went back a week later to return some movies to BB and they still had copies of tomb raider 3, so i bought more :) i miss blockbuster :(

[quote name='Serik']hmmm...good question. I always wondered how accurate their used game inventory system is anyway.

Their website says a distant GS has some great PS1 gems, but I'm unsure of how to proceed. Should I call them, or will they lie to me or hoard the games (I honestly wouldn't put it past EBstop)? Or bite the bullet and drive all the way there?[/QUOTE]

I've tried calling them before, got a pretty iffy respose, tried to get me to start reserving some upcoming PS2 games.

And I've tried driving down there too. I acutally got lost >.< Never got around to install the free printer I got with my laptop, so I wrote down the street name, which of course led me to a nice Korean market where I stocked up on Pocky and other snacks. After that, I was planning for another trip, and well, some enthusiasm was lost, until of course until today when I checked agian....

[quote name='Serik']hmmm...good question. I always wondered how accurate their used game inventory system is anyway.

Their website says a distant GS has some great PS1 gems, but I'm unsure of how to proceed. Should I call them, or will they lie to me or hoard the games (I honestly wouldn't put it past EBstop)? Or bite the bullet and drive all the way there?[/quote]

Do not call. Just go if you can spare the gas. Also if they still carry ps1/n64 have them print up a list of thier inventory(takes them 5secs). The locater has been very accurate for me in the past. I have experienced the GS/EB employee hoarding first hand. The guy lied right to my face, but the manager took care of that issue.

Typically if your Gamestop has a bunch of PS1 listed on the site then one day they all go missing someone either bought them out, possibly an employee holding onto them so once he bought them they were out of the system or an employee figured out the games are out of stock, probably someone coming in and asking for the ps1 games and then he realizes they don't even carry them so he just wipes out anything the website says they have.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but just a heads up: obviously YMMV, but this sale may include other types of old games, depending on your store. I just got back from a store in Upland, CA and picked up Alien Front Online (sealed, surprisingly), Virtua Tennis, and Phantasy Star Online for DC. They had a few other DC games, as well as NES, SNES, and Genesis games, all at 75% off. If your store even has any older non-PS1/N64 games, ask them about it as they may be part of the sale.

thanks for the info. but they clearanced the DC games first i think sometime before the holiday of last year. i cant really remember. i know cause i got a bunch of DC games at 1 particular GS, ended up buying them for .70 to $1.24 each. you should ask to see all of them. maybe they have more in the back or behind of under the counter.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Sorry if this has been posted already, but just a heads up: obviously YMMV, but this sale may include other types of old games, depending on your store. I just got back from a store in Upland, CA and picked up Alien Front Online (sealed, surprisingly), Virtua Tennis, and Phantasy Star Online for DC. They had a few other DC games, as well as NES, SNES, and Genesis games, all at 75% off. If your store even has any older non-PS1/N64 games, ask them about it as they may be part of the sale.[/quote]

Ehh...I really hate to ask this because it sounds like a very dumb question (and probably is but I'm not a PS1 expert), but what are some good PS1 games to look there for there that have some trade value (for here)? In other words, what PS1 games are you guys and gals looking for the most at GS that are rare/hard to find? Thank you. :)

ahh the birth of another hoarder...:D
[quote name='pentapenguin']Ehh...I really hate to ask this because it sounds like a very dumb question (and probably is but I'm not a PS1 expert), but what are some good PS1 games to look there for there that have some trade value (for here)? In other words, what PS1 games are you guys and gals looking for the most at GS that are rare/hard to find? Thank you. :)[/quote]

[quote name='pentapenguin']Ehh...I really hate to ask this because it sounds like a very dumb question (and probably is but I'm not a PS1 expert), but what are some good PS1 games to look there for there that have some trade value (for here)? In other words, what PS1 games are you guys and gals looking for the most at GS that are rare/hard to find? Thank you. :)[/quote]
Im glad that you asked!

Final Fantasy 7
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Valkyrie Profile
Tactics Ogre
Intelligent Qube
Tales of Destiny II
Lunar 1 and 2
Einhander
Vagrant Story NGH
Either Castlevania game
Rhapsody
Return Fire (Long Box version)
Bust a Groove 1/2
Tales of Destiny 2
Arc the lad (Boxed and in GOOD shape)
X-com UFO
Disney DDR
I can go on!!

FYI: You are about a year too late :)

Anything with Madden or NBA in it. If you ever saw a copy of anything like that, I'd suggest buying them all.

[quote name='hero101']ahh the birth of another hoarder...:D[/quote] LOL...no I swear I'm not that type of person. I was just asking cause if I came across anything good I'd buy it and swap it for something I really want in the trading forum. Either that or sell it here for a very reasonable price + shipping and handling to build my score up. I'm REALLY busy so don't have too much time for games so if I'm going to play I'll play something I really want.

Chanash: thanks for the list. And as for a year two late...I one of the local stores got some PS1 and N64 games back in because they didn't have them before IIRC!

deathscythehe: are you kidding? :whistle2:k Sport games go out of date so quickly I didn't think they'd be worth anything. Anything you are looking for in particular? I might can buy it for you if you'd want assuming of course I can find it.

lookie here

[quote name='deathscythehe']Anything with Madden or NBA in it. If you ever saw a copy of anything like that, I'd suggest buying them all.[/quote]

I second that emotion!

I told the clerk that if he wanted to make a kid cry in store, he should give the brat a free copy of Madden '97 disc-only.

Got kinda lucky today. A GS by my house got in some PS1 & DC games from all the other stores in the area & I got:

All are disc only

Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dream
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
Shadow Madness
Dino Crisis
Evil Zone
NFL 2K2
Crazy Taxi
Tennis 2K2
NCAA 2K2
Twisted Metal 3
X-Files
Ready 2 Rumble: Round 2
Bushido Blade 2
Tomb Raider 3
Parasite Eve

for a total of $8.3x. How did I do? Is PE & Bushido Blade 2 rare?

bread's done
Back