8 year old busted for double murder

[quote name='mykevermin']Guns don't kill people, 8 year olds do. Right?

Love,

a gun control "nut."[/quote]

Guns aren't sentient beings FYI.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Guns aren't sentient beings FYI.[/QUOTE]

Right. Which means that the 8 year old would have been able to kill two adults without it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Right. Which means that the 8 year old would have been able to kill two adults without it.[/quote]

So you're advocating fork control?

Oh? You think adults have +500 vs. pointy objects?

I would imagine someone like you would be more of a proponent of gravity control then.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']So you're advocating fork control?[/quote]

Quite possibly the best argument against gun control I have ever seen.
And by "best" I obviously mean most ridiculous :cool:

[quote name='mykevermin']You're savvier than this. Don't be deliberately obtuse.[/quote]

I figured you'd get it. Ok, whatever.

Untitled.jpg

Less vague:

I figured I'd mention gravity because it's an easier way for a weaker person to kill a stronger person than a fork. Surely, you would not disagree that a fall from such a height has the possibility to kill someone, and it's pretty easy for people to be tripped. Hell, I fall over cracks all the time and people aren't even plotting against me (I think). Just because it's possible to kill someone in a certain way doesn't mean that what's being used to kill them should be "controlled." People can be drowned - that doesn't mean we should restrict access to pools of water. I can think of a lot more examples, but the point remains static.

Also: Obtuse angle. fuck, I'm a genius.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepa...ocal-news-110708-double-murder.18c702709.html

poor messed up kid.
The gun control nuts are going to eat this up.[/quote]

Gun control nuts - great name.

I also like the familiar "we only want to ban guns" rhectoric. If you believe that, just look at England to see how far down the slippery slope they are (watch out fork owners - you're next!)

Call for tougher knife laws after boy killed
The stabbing to death of a 15-year-old boy in London has prompted renewed calls for tougher sentences for knife crime.
Sir Menzies Campbell, leader of the Liberal Democrats, called for a five-year mandatory sentence for carrying a knife - the same as with a gun. He said: "The Labour Government refuses to accept that carrying a knife can be as dangerous as a gun. "The sentence for carrying a knife in a public place should be made the same as that for carrying a gun. We also urgently need to challenge the culture that makes it acceptable to carry knives."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_/ai_n18740985

anything is a deadly weapon. an adult could kill with a metal stapler or a ballpoint pen or with the cord from a PS1 Dualshock.

however, a gun can kill instantly and anyone, even an 8 yr old, can use one. i'd like to see an 8 yr old try to kill me with a knife, not gonna happen. even if he gets me good in the back, i'm turning around and decking him in the face.

I believe we do not need stronger gun laws(except automatic ones). I am a hunter who suprisingly is not republican, but my argument is that if you own a gun you should be responsible and very carful. If you have children you should have a gun cabinet with a lock on it and a trigger lock too. I can understand why alot of people dislike guns alot of people can act VERY dumb with them and alot of innocent people get hurt. The only way I think they should increase gun laws is maybe make a more strict and/or longer purchasing review, such as if you are convicted of robbery and pleaded down to a misdemeanor you still can't own a gun. BTW, this is a horrible story and I feel bad for the child and the family of both deceased.

[quote name='mykevermin']Guns don't kill people, 8 year olds do. Right?

Love,

a gun control "nut."[/QUOTE]

So we should take away/limit everyone's freedom because the owner of that gun was an idiot and died because of his idiocy?

"In another twist, a Roman Catholic priest says the boy's father initially consulted him about whether the boy should handle guns."

Screw going to that church.

Priest gives away your personal info at the drop of a body.

[quote name='Liquid 2']So we should take away/limit everyone's freedom because the owner of that gun was an idiot and died because of his idiocy?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if the kid really wanted to do it, he would find a way.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Seems more like a case of bad parenting than a case of gun control.[/quote]

I wouldn't say those are exclusive of each other.

The fact of the matter is that people tend to think children are all angels, even at 8, when they are just as capable of criminal acts as anyone else. The argument that they didn't know what they are doing doesn't fly. The argument they might not know the end result is another thing entirely.

[quote name='Liquid 2']So we should take away/limit everyone's freedom because the owner of that gun was an idiot and died because of his idiocy?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Because that's exactly what I said.

Rather, if you'll listen for a moment and not put words in my mouth, I'll explain.

We have guns in American society. Second amendment and all that. Something that comes packaged with gun ownership, and something we can't avoid with it, is the phenomena of firearms-related fatalities, both intentional and accidental. Can't have the former without the latter.

So, in short, there's nothing to get upset about when people are shot to death. We don't get surprised when people die in auto accidents. We express a feigned moment of respectful remorse, and then go back to deciding which "value meal" we're in the mood for.

Same goes here. An 8 year old murdered two people. Huh. How 'bout that. Am I shocked? No. Should you be? If you're a blithering idiot, be shocked all you want.

This incident is a celebration of American freedom, realized in its purest, rawest form.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yep. Because that's exactly what I said.

Rather, if you'll listen for a moment and not put words in my mouth, I'll explain.

We have guns in American society. Second amendment and all that. Something that comes packaged with gun ownership, and something we can't avoid with it, is the phenomena of firearms-related fatalities, both intentional and accidental. Can't have the former without the latter.

So, in short, there's nothing to get upset about when people are shot to death. We don't get surprised when people die in auto accidents. We express a feigned moment of respectful remorse, and then go back to deciding which "value meal" we're in the mood for.

Same goes here. An 8 year old murdered two people. Huh. How 'bout that. Am I shocked? No. Should you be? If you're a blithering idiot, be shocked all you want.

This incident is a celebration of American freedom, realized in its purest, rawest form.[/quote]

Holy shit, I agree with mykevermin.

[quote name='mykevermin']
This incident is a celebration of American freedom, realized in its purest, rawest form.[/quote]

USA USA USA *chant*

Isn't this how Mike Myers (as in Halloween... not Austin Powers) got his start?

You just earned your sig, Myke ;)

I need to get my carry and conceal permit. There are a shit-load of 8 year olds around here and I need to know i'm safe. No, fuck that. Let's end 8 year olds once and for all. Lets ban the number 8 in America! No, let's ban children! Ban sex! Yes! Ban sex and all our problems will be solved!

This incident is a celebration of American freedom, realized in its purest, rawest form.[/QUOTE]
You've established that you aren't shocked, but your last statement sure makes it sound like you still don't want guns out there.

Must I be shocked to want gun control?

EDIT: Also, don't pull that "don't want guns out there" dichotomy. You're no longer a child, so argue like a grown up who deserves to sit at the big kids table.

If "gun control" always = "don't want guns out there" to you, let me know. If you think like that, you're not worth debating with.

[quote name='mykevermin']Must I be shocked to want gun control?

EDIT: Also, don't pull that "don't want guns out there" dichotomy. You're no longer a child, so argue like a grown up who deserves to sit at the big kids table.

If "gun control" always = "don't want guns out there" to you, let me know. If you think like that, you're not worth debating with.[/QUOTE]

My first post was saying that restricting the ownership of guns (and thus, a freedom granted to us by the Constitution) because of an accident that is completely the fault of the gun owner is moronic. You went and changed the subject to about how people aren't shocked about it, and when I brought back the issue I brought up in my first post, you bring out this bilge?

You know damn well that I didn't mean to imply that gun ownership is a black and white, and your absurdly arrogant "argue like a grown up" line is the most childish thing I've seen in this thread.

mykevermin, I was wondering what ideas you had on inproving gun control. BTW I am in no way trying to mock or attack your opinion, just interested in hearing your idea. :)

theres more to the story than meets the eye. i gotta wonder if the kid was being abused on some level since he killed his father and his male friend.

[quote name='Irukandji']I need to get my carry and conceal permit. There are a shit-load of 8 year olds around here and I need to know i'm safe. No, fuck that. Let's end 8 year olds once and for all. Lets ban the number 8 in America! No, let's ban children! Ban sex! Yes! Ban sex and all our problems will be solved![/QUOTE]

Vote no on 8!

Just in: It appears the boy had a cousin who knew a guy who's aunt's 17th cousin 4 time's removed's best friend's sister played a video game at some point in time (presumably)!!! CALL THE FEDS

bread's done
Back