$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Hen?[/QUOTE]

Homebrew ENabler, it also has vsh mode(changing mhz and stuff) not really a CFW but a light one that enables other stuff such as iso loader. Pretty lame that the only way you can play Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is with this.

[quote name='gokou36']Homebrew ENabler, it also has vsh mode(changing mhz and stuff) not really a CFW but a light one that enables other stuff such as iso loader. Pretty lame that the only way you can play Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is with this.[/QUOTE]

Do you lose it everytime you reboot though? And if you do lose it do you need a PC to reenable it?

[quote name='Dynamic3']Do you lose it everytime you reboot though? And if you do lose it do you need a PC to reenable it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you lose it everytime you reboot but all you have to do is go back into the patapon exploit to re-enable The HEN.

Took me less than a week to get my free games but I hear its taking other people months and they still didn't get it yet.

If you don't mind running ISO (fyi: iso aren't for pirating either, even though majority do...i play ISO for two reasons Faster loading usually and less stress / longer life for the machine usage - and yes, i own my games), PSP GO can run ISO now and the M2 Memory Sticks are damn dirt cheap, a lot cheaper than MS Duo. So, buying PSPGO might be a smarter choice if you don't mind ISO

I got the 3 free games in about 5 days from when I registered the system.
Dang I didnt know about the hacking stuff, oh well I will buy the games I want legit!

I am hatin the charge this psp go holds, tops 3 hours at max for me. N e one else have a horrible duration for their battery?

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The PSP is a much, much better system than the DS (I have both), but I would not under any circumstances get the Go. Over the DS, the PSP gives you a much bigger and nicer screen, better controls, and a much more powerful system. PSP games are roughly like PS2 games at a lowered resolution and generally a lowered framerate. DS games are a lot more similar to PSX/N64 games. The reason to avoid the Go is that you don't want to lose UMD and be stuck buying games on the marketplace, and the older PSPs have easy to install emulators for pretty much every system and a perfect CPS2 emulator that lets you play greats like Aliens vs Predator (arcade).[/QUOTE]
We all know better graphics equal a better system. :applause:

[quote name='Gears24']Is this still 99$ used or was it only during PowerSaver?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same. I wanna buy one to. Is it still $99.99?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']so how long does it take to get those free psp go games promised on the package?[/QUOTE]

It took me about 22 days to receive the games. It would have taken longer, but I contacted them complaining. Their first reply was that it should be in my email soon. After I sent a reply to that email complaining that the box said 7 days, they miraculously :roll: found my code and sent it to me.

Stopped by at GameStop yesterday and I am not sure if they are 99$ anymore or not but I don't think so. They didn't have any in stock to check the price. The new ones were 200$ though so I'm almost sure the used one is back up to 150$ now.

[quote name='djricekcn']If you don't mind running ISO (fyi: iso aren't for pirating either, even though majority do...i play ISO for two reasons Faster loading usually and less stress / longer life for the machine usage - and yes, i own my games), PSP GO can run ISO now and the M2 Memory Sticks are damn dirt cheap, a lot cheaper than MS Duo. So, buying PSPGO might be a smarter choice if you don't mind ISO[/QUOTE]

A quick search around the web shows very little difference in price between the two (MS duo vs. M2). Unless you're looking to buy from a shady vendor or marketplace vendors on Amazon or Buy.com, I don't see the price difference that you mentioned.

Yep, $99. My GS refused to let me power it on to see if it worked, so I didn't bother buying it. Its been in the case for several months now and they don't seem to want to sell it.

[quote name='sharpeone']It took me about 22 days to receive the games. It would have taken longer, but I contacted them complaining. Their first reply was that it should be in my email soon. After I sent a reply to that email complaining that the box said 7 days, they miraculously :roll: found my code and sent it to me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, talked to a customer rep on the phone today, she said wait until next Wednesday to see if I get the code by then, if not call again they'll get a PSN rep who handles that to see where the code is. to wait and see. :-({|=

The codes for the 3 games are not inside the box? WTF? I thought that was the whole point. Man I'd be one pissed off kid on Christmas day. "Mom, can I borrow your credit card to buy a $40 game online"?

So I got a question...I was thinking about taking my PSP Slim 2000 and trading it for a used GO. I was going to do a bit of CFW for backups and whatnot, if I buy it used, do I have to automatically take the newest FW update?

Damn these are hard to find. Call all over Houston, a big ass city, and only found 1: black and with firmware 6.31 so I didn't buy it. Still $99 though.

Any Houston CAG know where to find one?

Couldn't find any in my area, would love to grab one now that HEN is out. Is the firmware version on new GOs YMMV? I wouldn't mind paying 150 for it new if it's 6.20.

just a question though, why are you guys looking for firmware lower than 6.30? hack? since I'll go buy a new one tomorrow. I would like to know

[quote name='jimrome27']just a question though, why are you guys looking for firmware lower than 6.30? hack? since I'll go buy a new one tomorrow. I would like to know[/QUOTE]

HEN was release last week. So the Go kinda has CFW now.

[quote name='n1c0']Couldn't find any in my area, would love to grab one now that HEN is out. Is the firmware version on new GOs YMMV? I wouldn't mind paying 150 for it new if it's 6.20.[/QUOTE]

Doubt its higher than 6.20, my Go I bought at Amazon with the 3 promo codes (LBP,Socom,Ratchet box) had 5.70 firmware.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but you get the codes by logging in to the PSN store from your Go. In order to do that, you have to be up to date on the firmware. So, if you want the games, you'll have to update. Just FYI.

I ended up returning my Go that I picked up used for $99 a week or two ago; I liked the idea of the form factor, but after using it for a few days, it didn't really feel any more ergonomic than my PSP 2000, thus defeating the purpose of me trying to swap over to it. Now that the HEN is out I feel a little regretful, but ultimately there's nothing the Go can do that my 2000 can't.

99 bones is still a hell of a deal for the system that tanked at $250, so if you're on the fence, I highly recommend at least trying it for a few days -- you have a 7-day return period if you change your mind.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Don't know if this has been mentioned, but you get the codes by logging in to the PSN store from your Go. In order to do that, you have to be up to date on the firmware. So, if you want the games, you'll have to update. Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

I read you can still go it as long as you have a PS3 (to transfer the games).

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Don't know if this has been mentioned, but you get the codes by logging in to the PSN store from your Go. In order to do that, you have to be up to date on the firmware. So, if you want the games, you'll have to update. Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's always PSNLover to bypass that barrier.

Hen was released and works perfectly so does the Prometheus ISO loader, get those 99 dollar 6.20 firmware PSPGos while you can.

:) now that it's hacked, best portable system ever (just wish it had better battery life)

[quote name='chimpian']does the edge card discount go toward hardware too?
I can never remember.....
if so im grabbing a psp go this weekend/week :)[/QUOTE]

no :cry:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Hen was released and works perfectly so does the Prometheus ISO loader, get those 99 dollar 6.20 firmware PSPGos while you can.

:) now that it's hacked, best portable system ever (just wish it had better battery life)[/QUOTE]

Time to buy. Anyone get a new Go with the 3 free games? If so what was the firmware? Can't imagine Sony produced a ton of these lately so they probably have oldish firmware. What's the most up to date firmware Sony has released?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Not if you want one that would fit in an adults pocket.[/QUOTE]

I have the original PSP and it fits just fine in a pocket

[quote name='Vader582']That must be some pocket![/QUOTE]

Exactly. I wear pants that for me, not ones to smuggle hams around in.

Can anyone confirmed that the PSP Go on sale at Radioshack is the one with the three games, or just the barebone PSP?

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']anyone got a psp go with a firmware with 6.20 or below yet?[/QUOTE]

I did, picked up one this morning for my brother. 6.20 firmware on the dot.

This is wrong btw, where'd you get that info from? All you have to do is register your PSP Go on the playstation website and wait. After you get your codes you can download it via PS3 or Media Go on the PC and copy it onto your PSP Go.

[quote name='n1c0']Can anyone confirmed that the PSP Go on sale at Radioshack is the one with the three games, or just the barebone PSP?[/QUOTE]

Offer is valid on all PSP Go's until March 31st. I heard people can get them with used systems as long as it hasn't been redeemed yet on that system.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Hen was released and works perfectly so does the Prometheus ISO loader, get those 99 dollar 6.20 firmware PSPGos while you can.

:) now that it's hacked, best portable system ever (just wish it had better battery life)[/QUOTE]

Not until it supports eboots, it isn't.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Exactly. I wear pants that for me, not ones to smuggle hams around in.[/QUOTE]

Exaggeration. I used to fit two VHS tapes back-to-back like a brick in regular khaki pants. A PSP 1000, even encased in a plastic shell isn't even close to a challenge for pockets even in dress pants. The only kinds of pants that would have trouble with a PSP is something with shallow pockets, like pajamas or speedos. And small children pants.

Of course, all this is only considering carrying the item. If you meant you wanted something that you could sneak past other people without a suspicious bulge, then yes, I agree. Or you could just walk with one hand in the same pocket.

[quote name='Rasen']Exaggeration. I used to fit two VHS tapes back-to-back like a brick in regular khaki pants. A PSP 1000, even encased in a plastic shell isn't even close to a challenge for pockets even in dress pants. The only kinds of pants that would have trouble with a PSP is something with shallow pockets, like pajamas or speedos. And small children pants.

Of course, all this is only considering carrying the item. If you meant you wanted something that you could sneak past other people without a suspicious bulge, then yes, I agree. Or you could just walk with one hand in the same pocket.[/QUOTE]
I think the more appropriate topic is why you were placing VHS tapes in your back pockets?! :shock: :lol:

bread's done
Back