$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

Just wanted to make sure, there's no way to get these 3 games unless you upgrade your pspgo to the 6.35 firmware right?

[quote name='jling84']Just wanted to make sure, there's no way to get these 3 games unless you upgrade your pspgo to the 6.35 firmware right?[/QUOTE]
Correct, since you need to be able to sign into PSN. Fortunately, there's no reason not to upgrade nowadays...

[quote name='FierceDeityLink1']Correct, since you need to be able to sign into PSN. Fortunately, there's no reason not to upgrade nowadays...[/QUOTE]
I was under the impression you could redeem the code on a PS3 and then copy the games to your PSPgo even with a lower than 6.30 firmware. Does that not work?

[quote name='Vader582']I was under the impression you could redeem the code on a PS3 and then copy the games to your PSPgo even with a lower than 6.30 firmware. Does that not work?[/QUOTE]

No, the PS3 requires you to be in the latest firmware in order to sync PSN purchases. Everything else (Remote Play, regular file transfers) doesn't do that.

[quote name='josh62488']got the email with my 3 free games tongiht''downloading via my ps3 as we speak

thx op![/QUOTE]

got mine at the same time!!

I never post but the above info is just not true. I have a 6.2 psp go I got a week ago. I bought valkyrie chronicles 2 on the ps3, along with other games. It transfers fine to my psp go by USB cable via ps3 transfer. I registered my system last week by logging on to the psn website with my account and adding it on the web, I got my 3 free game code yesterday after a week. You don't need to log on with the psp, I never have even tried.

So to recap: you can keep your old firmware, get 3 free games, and load games via ps3. I was worried, but it all works fine.

[quote name='cwcain']I never post but the above info is just not true. I have a 6.2 psp go I got a week ago. I bought valkyrie chronicles 2 on the ps3, along with other games. It transfers fine to my psp go by USB cable via ps3 transfer. I registered my system last week by logging on to the psn website with my account and adding it on the web, I got my 3 free game code yesterday after a week. You don't need to log on with the psp, I never have even tried.

So to recap: you can keep your old firmware, get 3 free games, and load games via ps3. I was worried, but it all works fine.[/QUOTE]

Huh. That's interesting. Just tested it out for myself, I managed to get both purchased content from my US account and my Japanese account loaded. (Granted activating content from one accounts breaks the activation of the other)

Think you may have just discovered a breakthrough!

[quote name='cwcain']I never post but the above info is just not true. I have a 6.2 psp go I got a week ago. I bought valkyrie chronicles 2 on the ps3, along with other games. It transfers fine to my psp go by USB cable via ps3 transfer. I registered my system last week by logging on to the psn website with my account and adding it on the web, I got my 3 free game code yesterday after a week. You don't need to log on with the psp, I never have even tried.

So to recap: you can keep your old firmware, get 3 free games, and load games via ps3. I was worried, but it all works fine.[/QUOTE]

Well if you have a 6.20 firmware and don't want a firmware upgrade, why are you even concerned with getting the 3 free games? I mean if you want to keep your 6.20 firmware (for obvious reasons), then getting those games is really meaningless.

How did you add it on the web, when I select activate it downloads some file. You had to use Media Go right?

to register online, you go to http://us.playstation.com/, sign in, then go to account settings. there is a "register new hardware" location on the page. Their website is terrible

I own every game I play on my PSP, and I would not have bought this system if it did not come with 3 decent games I want to play. There is no discussion of anything else on this forum. I just want to correct any misinformation posted here about being able to play legit games you buy from PSN on your PSP. This thread led me to find a PSPgo at radioshack for $149, which I'm quite happy with.

Though it is ridiculous that I have this new system and all I play is Phantasy Star IV (via Sega Mega Collection, thank you sega sales!)

[quote name='Chris249942']Is anyone still able to find any of these? I've called about 10 gamestops near me and not a single one has them[/QUOTE]

Got mine today, there was only 1 within 50 miles that I had transfered to my local store. The guys at Gamestop asked me why they were selling so quickly...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well if you have a 6.20 firmware and don't want a firmware upgrade, why are you even concerned with getting the 3 free games? I mean if you want to keep your 6.20 firmware (for obvious reasons), then getting those games is really meaningless.[/QUOTE]

You mean obvious reasons like wanting to play all of my 30+ PSP games that I bought on UMD on my PSPgo? I never bought Socom, LBP, and Ratchet and Clank, so getting the 3 free games is very important, not meaningless as you put it.

[quote name='Chris249942']Is anyone still able to find any of these? I've called about 10 gamestops near me and not a single one has them[/QUOTE]

Funny it took about 11 calls to find mine, just keep at it every few days sooner or later one is bound to pop up.

Yep, I must have called at least 12 stores around my area. (Queens, NYC)

Finally found a store that had a used white PSPGO, headed over and checked it out. Traded in some junk to make it cheaper (PS2, Gamecube, Old PS3 Games 3=+$10!) since I don't frequent GS so I'd have no use for the credit otherwise.

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolsteel']Funny it took about 11 calls to find mine, just keep at it every few days sooner or later one is bound to pop up.[/QUOTE]

I found one of two stores in my city who had any PSPgo systems. The store I bought from had 3, another in the area had somewhere between 5-9 according to their computer system. I was shocked to find a black system, in like new condition with the original box and documentation.

Also, on system memory was 2 full games: Resistance Retribution and Prince of Persia Revelations. Color me satisfied!

There are a few in the NW Houston area. Both stores basically tried to convince me not to buy one. The one where I purchased it told me some horror stories about trying to download a demo while another guy went into the back to get it.

Got to love Gamestop. They really know how to make a sale.

:)

I figure I'd ask this here since I'm not too sure how much traffic the PSP section gets. Anyways, does anyone know if you put a protective case on the go, will it still fit in a dock? Looking at getting me a Go Guard for my psp.

Got lucky and found a pristine used black PSP Go at one of the local Gamestops tonight. But then I also figured out it came with an 8GB Memory Stick Micro M2 card inside (SCORE!) pre-loaded with Rock Band Unplugged, Tetris, and 7th Wonders. Sorta' had to grab it at that point. Pretty neat little unit actually.

Surprisingly enough the GS near my house had 1 in-stock. It was in pretty good condition. It came with R-Type Delta PS1 game and a couple of PSP minis. I guess the previous owner really didn't use it often.

I'm liking the formfactor (the screen is so much nicer looking compared to my older 2000), but even playing for short period of times my thumbs ache due to the buttons and d-pad being a litttle cramped.

I'll continue playing with it for the week before deciding if it should go back or not.

What are the advantages of buying a used PSPGo for $99 vs. using the Target coupon with a PM for the same price? Use of GS credit? Do you get to keep any of the games that were already installed on a system?

[quote name='Dranakin']What are the advantages of buying a used PSPGo for $99 vs. using the Target coupon with a PM for the same price? Use of GS credit? Do you get to keep any of the games that were already installed on a system?[/QUOTE]

You get 7 days to decide whether you want it or not with GS. (Not sure what's Target's return policy on opened electronics)

The games will be deactivated if you put games or content from another account on it. So you can keep all the games so long as there aren't more than one account on the PSP.

I ended up getting mine a week or so back, and the 3 game voucher came fairly quickly (a few days, tops). I'm happy with the system. The only complaint, as others have said, is it's not exactly the most comfortable to play.

[quote name='Dranakin']What are the advantages of buying a used PSPGo for $99 vs. using the Target coupon with a PM for the same price? Use of GS credit? Do you get to keep any of the games that were already installed on a system?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't price match AND use the target coupon on the same item.

Also, both of the stores I checked out that had used go's had the system memory formatted.

[quote name='Byakurai']I'm pretty sure you can't price match AND use the target coupon on the same item.[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV but it is possible. Several of us earlier in this thread have confirmed it can work. It depends on who you get checking you out at CS.

[quote name='sweetg1223']I ended up getting mine a week or so back, and the 3 game voucher came fairly quickly (a few days, tops). I'm happy with the system. The only complaint, as others have said, is it's not exactly the most comfortable to play.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much only play with the Dualshock 3.

I found one of these at my local gamestop in good condition so I picked it up. It came preloaded with ghost of sparta, patapon 2, little big planet, rockband unplugged, and Fifa 2010. Score!

If I link this to my PS account, will I be able to keep the games?

[quote name='jacobeid']I found one of these at my local gamestop in good condition so I picked it up. It came preloaded with ghost of sparta, patapon 2, little big planet, rockband unplugged, and Fifa 2010. Score!

If I link this to my PS account, will I be able to keep the games?[/QUOTE]
no! don't do that, the games will get locked without that account. You can try to get the login info from sony.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']no! don't do that, the games will get locked without that account. You can try to get the login info from sony.[/QUOTE]

How can I do that? I may just play Ghost of Sparta and then link to my account..

GS about 90 min away has one. I have to make a trip to the apple store up there tonight so they said they'd hold it for me. Been looking for ages..can't wait!

[quote name='Algertman']That's still an awful lot of money for a failed handheld.[/QUOTE]
Define failed?
Misguided, perhaps.
I think most people who've actually touched a Go feel $100 is about right.

[quote name='Algertman']That's still an awful lot of money for a failed handheld.[/QUOTE]

You do realize they've finally been hacked, right? The fact that it's a quality emu player is worth $100 imo. Add in music, movies, etc. and you have a fine machine for $99. At $250? It's a joke.

Is Sony not making anymore. Target has been out of stock for a month or so. Was trying to use the $50 off coupon to see if I could get it for like $100. but, now Target is OOS and I dont think they will be restocking even their online is OOS

[quote name='Davestation']I was at a Gamestop today and they had it for $149.99 used....[/QUOTE]

U sure? When I called mine said 'white pspgo, it's 99.99'.

[quote name='lakers2008']Is Sony not making anymore. Target has been out of stock for a month or so. Was trying to use the $50 off coupon to see if I could get it for like $100. but, now Target is OOS and I dont think they will be restocking even their online is OOS[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm pretty sure Sony quietly stopped making these.

The PSPGo always looked a little interesting, but not being able to trade-in old games after you bought them was the main dealbeaker. I'll just wait for the PSP2 or NGP or whatever it's gonna be called.

hey guys, has anyone figured out if buying a used system and then registering it to your account will allow for you to get the 3 free games still?

Mine had FW 6.37, oh well. Still have HBL but I'm really enjoying it so far. Definitely worth the $99, but nowhere near $250.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']$100 for a PSP that doesn't play UMDs but has 16gb memory is still a bitchin deal.[/QUOTE]

Fixed!

bread's done
Back