A five star OTT by a five star CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. My boss, same dude who got a ticket not too long ago decided to request 30,000 rounds of 7.62 ammo for the range yesterday. Since it was a zero range we only got to shoot 5000 rounds and now I get to turn in 25,000 rounds on my day off. Thanks a lot fucker! So glad that when I go to Iraq I only have to deal with my 3 man team.

We should place bets on who serves a longer NFL sanction!!

Stallworth, Vick, Burress: Who serves the longest suspension?

I'm guessing Goodell values dogs more than human life.

Apparently, if you kill or injure someone in FL while drunk on your first offense, you spend at least 2 years in jail.

[quote name='lordwow']Ugh. The real irony is that he'll probably end up serving a shorter sentence the Burress who... shot himself.[/QUOTE]

Burress needs to go to jail.

I'm not commenting on Stallworth at all in that statement.

It really annoys me. I don't like Burress at all, and I agree he should go to jail... but Stallworth should be serving 10-20 years at least. He was drunk driving, and hit someone and killed them. That's way more serious than either Burress or Vick's crimes.

The family probably backed off when he wrote them a huge check. And the DA was probably all for it knowing that they'd have a tough time fighting his lawyers.

[quote name='lordwow']It really annoys me. I don't like Burress at all, and I agree he should go to jail... but Stallworth should be serving 10-20 years at least. He was drunk driving, and hit someone and killed them. That's way more serious than either Burress or Vick's crimes.

The family probably backed off when he wrote them a huge check. And the DA was probably all for it knowing that they'd have a tough time fighting his lawyers.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there originally thought to be a mitigating factor? For some reason, when the incident first happened, details were vague and it was unclear... I don't remember though. I could see it being worked out to some form of a deal if the evidence was lacking -- or it was something that could'nt have been avoided regardless of Stallworth's state... but like I said, I didn't really follow it.

As far as Vick goes, fuck him, to me he's the worst of 'em all. Then again, I generally like animals a lot more than I like people.

[quote name='lordwow']It really annoys me. I don't like Burress at all, and I agree he should go to jail... but Stallworth should be serving 10-20 years at least. He was drunk driving, and hit someone and killed them. That's way more serious than either Burress or Vick's crimes.

The family probably backed off when he wrote them a huge check. And the DA was probably all for it knowing that they'd have a tough time fighting his lawyers.[/QUOTE]

that and it's a law down in Florida(or maybe just Miami) that even if you were intoxicated, it is a much lesser sentence if you are not at fault of the accident. Considering the guy was crossing a busy intersection and no where near the crosswalk and apparently Stallworth flashed his lights at the guy Stallworth, by law, only gets a lesser sentence.

The guy he hit was not in a crosswalk, so he was jaywalking. Stallworth was drunk as a skunk, I think his BAC was like .20 or something, and it was early in the morning so visibility was an issue. I'm of the opinion you need to be in control of your car, even if someone else does something stupid like jaywalk in front of you. Maybe they couldn't prove that he wouldn't have hit him anyway even if he wasn't drunk? I dunno.

EDIT: See above.

[quote name='manthing']We should place bets on who serves a longer NFL sanction!!

Stallworth, Vick, Burress: Who serves the longest suspension?

I'm guessing Goodell values dogs more than human life.

Apparently, if you kill or injure someone in FL while drunk on your first offense, you spend at least 2 years in jail.[/QUOTE]

Being reckless and being cruel put you on two different levels. Burress and Stallworth are idiots, but Vick is a monster. The way he went about killing some of the dogs that lost is just insane.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Being reckless and being cruel put you on two different levels. Burress and Stallworth are idiots, but Vick is a monster. The way he went about killing some of the dogs that lost is just insane.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm with you.[/QUOTE]

but I was always under the assumption that Vick just funded the fights he didn't actually partake in the killings.

Every time I read his column I say to myself, "I should grab his book." I REALLY want too. Why don't you buy it for me?

:lol: @ MS wanting to charge for 1 vs. 100.

Damn, Eat Lead is already $30? Hopefully I can get it for like $15 sometime.

[quote name='seanr1221']Do you HAVE to do the side missions in Prototype?

They seem boring.[/QUOTE]

No.

They're just ways to get more EP for purchasing upgrades... there are achievements tied to the completion of them all as gold (then unlocking platinum requirements)... the only benefit to some of the side missions would be possibly acquiring some additional nodes on the web to fill in the story.

Why do I lol @ them charging? Because I don't see people buying it. And since it was announced it was hyped that it was free. And then they decide to change it.

[quote name='Mojimbo']The Lookout was pretty great. I hope that dude goes places.[/QUOTE]

*high five*

I loved that movie. That brak guy needs to watch it.

FYI - The 400 Blows is gonna be on TCM Thursday night.

400 Blows looked really good on Blu Ray. Really good movie as well.

Just sent Sony 150 bucks to repair my PS3. Homeowners insurance should cover the repair though, so I should get my money back.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']400 Blows looked really good on Blu Ray. Really good movie as well.

Just sent Sony 150 bucks to repair my PS3. Homeowners insurance should cover the repair though, so I should get my money back.[/QUOTE]

You have a zero deductible on your HOI or gap insurance?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']You have a zero deductible on your HOI or gap insurance?[/QUOTE]

There was a lot more damage than just the PS3. I think the deductible is like 1000 bucks. My dad said that he would clear that easily.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wow what all did you lose?[/QUOTE]

Basically most of the electronics in my room got fucked up in some way (router, Xbox ethernet port, TV HDMI ports, PS3 HDMI port, cable box, modem, etc), the AC unit is running really shitty, there is a hole in the wall, our pavers got fucked up, etc. Lightning sucks. It has been almost two months and shit still isn't back to normal.

[quote name='Rocko']Why do I lol @ them charging? Because I don't see people buying it. And since it was announced it was hyped that it was free. And then they decide to change it.[/QUOTE]No, why do you think they're charging for it? Was it confirmed or was it speculation from that "season pass" thing? :0(

[quote name='Maklershed']*high five*

I loved that movie. That brak guy needs to watch it.

FYI - The 400 Blows is gonna be on TCM Thursday night.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I saw it only like two months ago but they're playing Jules and Jim right before it, which I'll try to catch. I was hoping they would be highlighting the director so I could watch the rest of the series, but they're not. They are doing it for Scorsese on Friday night/Saturday morning, though. Alice[...] ---> Scorsese on Scorsese ---> King of Comedy ---> Goodfellas ---> Mean Streets. I think I'll catch The King of Comedy from there.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Basically most of the electronics in my room got fucked up in some way (router, Xbox ethernet port, TV HDMI ports, PS3 HDMI port, cable box, modem, etc), the AC unit is running really shitty, there is a hole in the wall, our pavers got fucked up, etc. Lightning sucks. It has been almost two months and shit still isn't back to normal.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me two years ago. It didn't even hit the house .. it hit a tree about 25 yards away but it still fried my 360 and TV.

[quote name='Mojimbo']No, why do you think they're charging for it? Was it confirmed or was it speculation from that "season pass" thing? :0(

Thanks, I saw it only like two months ago but they're playing Jules and Jim right before it, which I'll try to catch.[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally Jules and Jim is on right after The 400 Blows.

[quote name='Mojimbo']No, why do you think they're charging for it? Was it confirmed or was it speculation from that "season pass" thing? :0(

Thanks, I saw it only like two months ago but they're playing Jules and Jim right before it, which I'll try to catch. I was hoping they would be highlighting the director so I could watch the rest of the series, but they're not. They are doing it for Scorsese on Friday night/Saturday morning, though. Alice[...] ---> Scorsese on Scorsese ---> King of Comedy ---> Goodfellas ---> Mean Streets. I think I'll catch The King of Comedy from there.[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally Jules and Jim is on right after The 400 Blows.

The 1 vs 100 xbox.com page only mentions that the first season is free to gold members, which kind of hints that they'll charge for seasons after that.

That's kind of a dick move considering how many time's I've had to watch the same shitty Doritos/Transformers 2/Axe/Honda commercial.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The 1 vs 100 xbox.com page only mentions that the first season is free to gold members, which kind of hints that they'll charge for seasons after that.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that's CYA, in case the ad revenue drys up after the first year.

[quote name='Maklershed']Got my $9.99 Ghostbusters blu-gay today. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Where is it $10?

As for 1 vs 100, I hope they do charge and show ads because gold members deserve to get dicked over.

Nintendo ... lol

[quote name='dcfox']Where is it $10?
[/QUOTE]

It was $19.99 and there were two stackable $5 Amazon coupon codes. Linkin posted a thread in the dvd forum a few days ago. The deal is dead now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back