A five star OTT by a five star CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, on the plus side, my fiance works in a related department of the university (the one I work in currently), so I still will see her daily. I'd prefer not to have to do it, but I can't get a job in the field without an assistantship, and everyone in the department is aware of what's happening, so I have a feeling I'll be able to get promoted very quickly. The dept. is very pissed off this is happening, and if I had a FT position, it'd be a non-issue.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You call the cops even though the evidence is gone in 3-4 minutes? Meanie.[/QUOTE]

If it is, the cops usually don't catch them, but remember I work at the campus where kids got caught within an hour of moving in yelling out the window that they were trying to sell pot... to undercover cops.

Most kids here are idiots.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Is that Dell monitor I'm looking at good for gaming and stuff? If I hook my PS3 or 360 to it, how will I get sound?[/QUOTE]

If the monitor doesn't have built in speakers (which would probably be shit anyway) you'd most likely use component or optical and hook that into your receiver, I'd guess.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If the monitor doesn't have built in speakers (which would probably be shit anyway) you'd most likely use component or optical and hook that into your receiver, I'd guess.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean composite, not component. Component only does video i believe.

I got LBP over the weekend. Do any OTTers have levels built? Any recommendations of what to check out?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Speaking of PS3...I think I'll start inFAMOUS today.[/QUOTE]

Its good stuff. Especially once you get to the second island and you have most of your powers.

[quote name='JolietJake']Why does everything hinge on a FT position? Could you afford an apartment then?[/QUOTE]

The FT people have apartments that are deleaded.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']You're all welcome to my family's new restaurant if it ever opens.
[/QUOTE]

Where's it gonna be?

[quote name='tiredfornow']How was that Uncharted 2 co-op w/ moneythang, CorrosiveSteel?[/QUOTE]

whaaaa....?

[quote name='Maklershed']I got LBP over the weekend. Do any OTTers have levels built? Any recommendations of what to check out?

Its good stuff. Especially once you get to the second island and you have most of your powers.[/QUOTE]

If you want to co op, shoot me a PM. I haven't played any of the story.
___
So if I go to the cable place and get a box with HDMI, I could use that to watch TV on the monitor right? And then I could plug my headphones into the box?

[quote name='JolietJake']I think you mean composite, not component. Component only does video i believe.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure component has 5 plugs, 3 video (RGB) and 2 sound (stereo, left/right). Composite cables have 3 plugs total, 1 video (combined RGB signal) and 2 sound (stereo, left/right).

[quote name='Maklershed']I got LBP over the weekend. Do any OTTers have levels built? Any recommendations of what to check out?
[/QUOTE]

If you want to coop or whatever and I'm around, let me know.

[quote name='JolietJake']Ah, why the hell haven't they done the other one too?[/QUOTE]

It's not just one. There's 21 FT staff people and 7 Grads, so they'd have to do 7-10 apartments... and it's like $10k/apt.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm pretty sure component has 5 plugs, 3 video (RGB) and 2 sound (stereo, left/right). Composite cables have 3 plugs total, 1 video (combined RGB signal) and 2 sound (stereo, left/right).[/QUOTE]
But that isn't actually the component cables carrying it, component is only for video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

Granted that most cables for game systems have the audio cables built in, it isn't component audio.

[quote name='Rocko']I've got some Altec Lansing speakers and subwoofer, but it'd probably be expensive as shit to ship.[/QUOTE]

How much would you want for them if it wasn't expensive to ship?

[quote name='lordwow']It's not just one. There's 21 FT staff people and 7 Grads, so they'd have to do 7-10 apartments... and it's like $10k/apt.[/QUOTE]
Wow, didn't know lead removal was so expensive. That's something i've always worried about, luckily most of the places i've lived at were built after the ban on lead paint.

Ya, it's pretty nuts. According to our pediatrician, it's not a big deal, but according to the university's lawyers, it is.

[quote name='DarthPuma']If you want to co op, shoot me a PM. I haven't played any of the story.
___
So if I go to the cable place and get a box with HDMI, I could use that to watch TV on the monitor right? And then I could plug my headphones into the box?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure cable boxes come equipped with headphone jacks.

You'd more than likely need to get a dongle like this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=2

and use a F/F 3.5mm audio cable to connect to your headphones.

Just remembered I have a surround sound system at my dads house. The sound coming out of some of the speakers sounds terrible, but I think it's because it needs new speaker wires. I'm going to go pick it up at 5, try to get it working, and hope the monitor is still on sale.

Do you guys think this deal will last till tomorrow?

[quote name='manthing']It's a deal of the day...

So yes! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I've got to be the dumbest fucking person alive. I bet it's in stock through tonight then.

[quote name='JolietJake']But that isn't actually the component cables carrying it, component is only for video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

Granted that most cables for game systems have the audio cables built in, it isn't component audio.[/QUOTE]

I've only dealt with standard component video cables, but all the ones I've dealt with have 5 plugs (gaming/cable box).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've only dealt with standard component video cables, but all the ones I've dealt with have 5 plugs (gaming/cable box).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but the component part is just the video, not the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back