A Up/Monsters Inc Blu-Ray buying guide

This thread will be useful to you if you plan on purchasing Up and Monsters Inc together on Blu-Ray.

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

COUPONS

General
$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

$10 off Up (printable/B&M use only).

Amazon
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

Target
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together (printable/B&M use only). Click this link and go to page 3 - it'll be the third coupon there.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($42.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $14.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($38.98 - $8 -$10)
-Total = $20.98

#3 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($53.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $25.98

#4 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy showing that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals. This thread is about the best out of pocket prices.

-I did not include any deals with a $10 Disney manufacturer's coupon for Up because it is still unknown whether that coupon actually exists.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Birds Eye products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

If you know of any more, please post them here so I can add them.

If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
At my Target, they won't let the cashier to PM. You've to go to the Customer Service counter. If the CS desk is manned by clueless staff, no problem but if manned by experience staff, you're toast, they tend to give you trouble. In this case, don't PM, just apply coupons that's it.

^^^ Well, crap, I went to Target after Fry's. I thought it required the Best Buy match to even get it down to under $10 - had I known I could have done $8.98 total wihout needing a price match I would have given it a shot there since I was there anyway :bomb:. I had only printed one of each Disney coupon, though, anyway.

I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who picked this up, regardless of what price. I'm good with my $7.50 per blu deal I got this morning, and anyone else who got it cheaper, I give Kudos.

Now let's hope something like this happens for Ponyo, Dumbo and Fantasia. Disney likes to give their stuff away, and I'm good with that as long as it's the good stuff.

Got mine from Target for $12.59 after tax.

Used the 3 coupons from the original post (10, 10, 8), but the MI 10 wouldn't work, so I slyly walked over to the customer service counter right after the purchase, told them "I didn't see the additional coupon before" and they refunded me 10 in cash (but no accounting for tax). Unfortunately the cashier was smart enough to catch the BB PM fine print, but I'm still satisfied with the overall price.

Thanks so much OP!!!

The Target where I work at had UP (Blue-Ray Edition) for $19.99! They had a ticket error, so every Blue Ray Version of UP would ring up as $19.99 instead of the advertised price of $26.99. I got a rain check printed up on that and I'm going to use the -$10 off coupon tomorrow along with %10 employee discount.

Woot

[quote name='mhnajjar']I got it through Amazon :)

I can't believe it!!![/QUOTE]

damn what you send to them? lol i wanna get a credit for it or something.

The Best Buy I went to in Scottsdale wouldn't let me use both coupons and use their weekly add pricing. I had to pick one or the other. And this was a manager telling me this. They told me it was double dipping. I asked them to explain to me how it was, but it was just a lost cause. I explained that my coupons were from Disney, and they would be reimbursed, but still no dice. So I didn't get anything yet.

I went to Target, and Up was scanning $19.99 per the scanners that are located thru out the store, but the guy working the electronics area said none of the Phoenix stores received their Monsters, Inc shipment. Tuesday, and to come back tomorrow.

So any advice as to what I should say to Best Buy? I'm going to try a different Best Buy, otherwise Target and Walmart are plan B and C. At least Walmart.com had Up for $19.96 and Monsters, Inc. for $21.32.

Thanks again, Jason

Any advice on what to say to get the $10 off Up on the MI box to work when ringing up at Target? I haven't tried this yet but from the looks of it, it seems the $10 off Up from Disney plus the MI sticker for an additional $10 off shouldn't work together. What can one say?

EDIT: Also, I have the BB flyer with Up for $23.99 but is there any place with it cheaper that I can get Target to PM? Not trying to make it sound like I want people to do the work for me, but it is fairly confusing when taking the differences in online pricing as well as in different regions of the country into acccount.

[quote name='CioCio']Any advice on what to say to get the $10 off Up on the MI box to work when ringing up at Target? I haven't tried this yet but from the looks of it, it seems the $10 off Up from Disney plus the MI sticker for an additional $10 off shouldn't work together. What can one say?

EDIT: Also, I have the BB flyer with Up for $23.99 but is there any place with it cheaper that I can get Target to PM? Not trying to make it sound like I want people to do the work for me, but it is fairly confusing when taking the differences in online pricing as well as in different regions of the country into acccount.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.com shows $19.99, and Walmart.com shows $19.96. The Target I live by was scanning Up at $19.99, so you may not have to do anything at your Target.

Jason

just got my email from Amazon, saying sorry this promotion wasn't applied and got the $10 off, so I got the $8 Monsters Inc Coupon and $10 Up Coupon applied to my order.

So got both for $14.98, or $7.49 a piece. Granted not at as good as some on here, but I'm happy

My Best buy experience was a little pain but it all worked out. I got the price match for UP on BB website. Then they added Monsters. I took 10 dollars off the two but made UP 18.99 and Monsters 23.99. I said that is not right. The cashier tried to tell me Monsters was 18.88 if you get a plush doll also. I pulled out the ad and showed her that all you had to get was both movies. She then brought the Manager over he and ended up giving me both movies for 18.88. Then take off $10 for both movies, $8 Monsters coupon, and $10 Up coupon. I walked out of the store paying a little over $22 for both movies. Just over $11 a blu-ray isn't bad at all.

Do you think the E-Bay value of these will pretty weak for a couple of weeks? I would like to end up getting $16.00 to $18.00 for my extra sealed copies, but do you think the SD and FW people have flooded the system with them?

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you think the E-Bay value of these will pretty weak for a couple of weeks? I would like to end up getting $16.00 to $18.00 for my extra sealed copies, but do you think the SD and FW people have flooded the system with them?[/QUOTE]

I think the market is flooded, you can look at Ebay right now and see the low "buy it now" prices. also, the resale market for them will obviously be weak so long as the coupons are still valid. The Up coupon expires next week so that should help. You could also give them as a gift for Xmas. Most places will take things back after Christmas without a receipt so even if you don't have it, they'll be able to return the item for a gift card at the full value. I'm pretty sure Walmart does that all year long in case you want to give it as a gift (birthday?) before Xmas and they don't want it and you don't have the receipt.

I went with my original Amazon order and used the extra $10 off promo to get Snow White. I just recieved an e-mail from Amazon to get an extra $10 off an additional select Disney Blu-ray. It's the same list as the previous one. So not as great a deal on Up & MI alone but two extra for about $10 a piece. I'm happy:applause:

wow... am I the only one to hussle yesterday and get a $4.99 talking Dug at BBuy yesterday??? lol he's cute as a button but sold out in the first hour..took a lil driving and calling to find two....

I'm really curious how you guys worded it when you got Amazon to credit you. I've sent 2 emails and both have come back saying that they won't honor the coupons.

Got denied by Amazon. I'm going to resend the email one more time before I go to target.

Donut, I managed to find the last Dug at my BB. I felt a bit bad as an elderly man asked me whee he could find one for his grandson.

[quote name='psunami']I'm really curious how you guys worded it when you got Amazon to credit you. I've sent 2 emails and both have come back saying that they won't honor the coupons.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. This is getting disheartening, especially after my Target won't take any coupons that are printed. It seems the world is out to get me to pay $30+ for the pair.

I got denied by amazon:

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Up and Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]. we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the manufacturer (Disney*Pixar) directly. You should be able to find contact information on their website.

Again, I am sorry that we are unable to honor this promotion. Please be assured that we value your business and hope that you will honor us with the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

i'm going to send another email mentioning the option to RETURN the movies and buy at a B&M.

-- Garrett

[quote name='scarface333']I went with my original Amazon order and used the extra $10 off promo to get Snow White. I just recieved an e-mail from Amazon to get an extra $10 off an additional select Disney Blu-ray. It's the same list as the previous one. So not as great a deal on Up & MI alone but two extra for about $10 a piece. I'm happy:applause:[/QUOTE]

wanna hear something interesting... I received that same email... but I canceled my order last Thursday before it would have shipped on Friday...

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I want the plush too. Can I also get it for $5 if I buy both Monsters Inc. and Up?[/QUOTE]

Just need to buy Up! to get the $4.99 talking, moving, collar lights up... plush, but you may want to track one down and have them hold it...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Up+Dug+...?id=2056265&skuId=9597411&st=Up dog&lp=4&cp=1
or better yet, buy it online and adjust when you pick it up...

be careful, yesterday it rang $9.99 with the movie instead of $4.99...had to have a price adjust at both stores...don't forget your $10 Disney coupon and you might try and have them match Target $19.99 ...

I got both Up & Monsters Inc. on Blu-Ray for $13.73 total! This is with my super high sales tax of 9.5%! Still a very good buy! Thanks CAG! :)

Anyone know if Best Buy still had any Steelbooks in the store and if so, how much they were selling for? I see they're still online, but going for $14.99 each. I figure it'll be the same thing in store.

I got one free a while back with a deposit for the movie, but I'd like a few more as I think they'll increase in value, just like the other ones do. One night I saw them for 7.50 each on the site, but the next day it was 14.99 (or free with the pre-order). I should have ordered a bunch then.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I want the plush too. Can I also get it for $5 if I buy both Monsters Inc. and Up?[/QUOTE]

No, since the extra $10 off is for either buying Monsters Inc. or purchasing the plush. That is what I was told at 2 BB's, but it could also be an extreme YMMV.
On a different note, I was also able to get Amazon to credit my account with $18. So thank you to everyone that suggested to contact Amazon.

[quote name='jazzman']
On a different note, I was also able to get Amazon to credit my account with $18. So thank you to everyone that suggested to contact Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Did you try a certain department? What was said in the email? I'm on try #3, as are many others, and would like to know what was said.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Man, can't find Monsters Inc at any store in Indiana! Anyone know when stock gets replenished?[/QUOTE]

Thursday and Saturday. just call them tmrw and ask them to hold one for you

thats what I will be doing

[quote name='garrettg']i'm going to send another email mentioning the option to RETURN the movies and buy at a B&M. [/QUOTE]

The second email to amazon got denied ... same excuses...

what are people writing to get a credit??

-- Garrett

[quote name='mcdaking84']Thursday and Saturday. just call them tmrw and ask them to hold one for you

thats what I will be doing[/QUOTE]

They restock before store open at 8am? I am guessing I should call right when they open?

At this point they are probably drawing a line in the sand and denying any more discounts. Did you try to give them the ultimatum that you're going to refuse shipment and go buy them at any number of local stores that take the coupons stacked and will result in a lower price?

BTW I just had to go to Target since it's on the way home last night, and go for the uber cheap, 4 coupon + price match...

Ended up with another set at:

Up $19.99
Monsters Inc. $18.99 pricematched to Best Buy ad (incorrectly, the little cashier bunny didn't read the fine print)
-$10 Up + MI coupon
-$8 MI coupon
-$10 Up coupon
-$10 MI coupon on package (it wouldn't go through at first, but when I added a pack of gum to my purchase it took it oddly enough. I remembered that people had reported it wouldn't go through if you just bought the two Blu Rays, and grabbed the closest cheap thing at hand, LOL)

I didn't get charged the tax on the pre-coupon amount somehow, so it ended up being $.98 x 9.5% tax = $1.07 :hot::hot::hot: (not including cost of the gum)

Sure, I had to buy a pack of gum for another buck and change, but I don't mind...

Woots my amazon bundle is going to be gifted to my nephews I think.

THANKS A MILLION OP AND GUYS!!!

Anyone know if TRU will let me go back and use this coupon? I bought it last night using my $20 GC I got from buying COD: MW2. I've already opened it...which makes things harder.

EDIT: NM. Got $10 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
any possible way to get a pdf of this coupon? my printer fucked up while printing my copy and when i went to reprint it the site says i cant anymore..reached my limit.

Each person can print out like two max I believe, so it's possible for someone to post a 2nd one for them. I would, but I'm actually planning to use both of mine.

[quote name='karkyco']At this point they are probably drawing a line in the sand and denying any more discounts. Did you try to give them the ultimatum that you're going to refuse shipment and go buy them at any number of local stores that take the coupons stacked and will result in a lower price?[/QUOTE]

I had already mentioned my intent to return the BRs. And I imagine you're right about "drawing a line in the sand" with further discounts...

(I don't really want to simply refuse the entire package... there is another BR in the same order that I want and is at a good price.)

I'm just going to chalk this one up as a lesson learned... about preordering from amazon and the potential for last minute coupons on Disney new releases! Besides, when I placed my order (on 10/31), I actually felt like ~$33 was a good deal for both movies!!

-- Garrett

bread's done
Back