A Up/Monsters Inc Blu-Ray buying guide

This thread will be useful to you if you plan on purchasing Up and Monsters Inc together on Blu-Ray.

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

COUPONS

General
$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

$10 off Up (printable/B&M use only).

Amazon
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

Target
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together (printable/B&M use only). Click this link and go to page 3 - it'll be the third coupon there.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($42.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $14.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($38.98 - $8 -$10)
-Total = $20.98

#3 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($53.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $25.98

#4 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy showing that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals. This thread is about the best out of pocket prices.

-I did not include any deals with a $10 Disney manufacturer's coupon for Up because it is still unknown whether that coupon actually exists.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Birds Eye products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

If you know of any more, please post them here so I can add them.

If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, considering I'm going to try and return my copies from Amazon, I went to Target to try and see what I could find.

They had tons of copies of Up, but no copies of Monsters, Inc. on the shelf. So, I asked to see if they knew when more would be coming in. He said it would be a day or so, but hesitated...

He said, "Well, I have a copy on hold here for a customer, but they haven't come in for it... you can have it."

Up was marked $19.99 on the shelf, with the Adventure guide.

Took both up to customer service, got the price match on the Best Buy ad, used the $10 Disney coupon for Up, the $8 Disney coupon for Monsters, Inc., the $10 Target bundle coupon, and the additional $10 Disney bundle coupon, that was on Up, to get them for a total of $2.74 after tax.

I'll be sending my copies back to Amazon in the slowest possible fashion that the USPS can give me... but I think that'll still end up costing me $4 or so.

So, I'll end up with both for $7 or so after all is said and done... and I can definitely live with that.

Thanks to all of you who created the thread and found all of the coupon links. I, and my kids, owe you for the deal.

[quote name='psunami']I'll be sending my copies back to Amazon in the slowest possible fashion that the USPS can give me... but I think that'll still end up costing me $4 or so.[/QUOTE]If you ship an item back to Amazon at your cost, they will reimburse you for the shipping cost. They did so when I sent Sunshine Cleaning back to them a week or so ago.

Send it back media mail w/DC, and they should cover the cost of the return shipping out of your pocket. If you use their pre-paid return label, you'll be out $5 of the return.

They give you an option of how you want to return the item, their pre-paid shipping label or your shipping w/their reimbursement.

Thanks to the original poster and the posters who added value to this thread. Smoking hot deal!!!! I ended up paying 8.98 for MI and UP (didn't want to press my luck with PM from BB deal)

I had to call 7 Targets before I found one with MI Blu Ray. My son will enjoy these movies. I should go back again for another set for gifts. Hmmm...

Thanks again.

Got denied a second time by amazon this time saying that my email was being forwarded to the marketing team and I would get a response in 2-3 bus. Days. Not likely to get it so I'm going to go for it at the new target near my house that reports having it in stock.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you ship an item back to Amazon at your cost, they will reimburse you for the shipping cost. They did so when I sent Sunshine Cleaning back to them a week or so ago.

Send it back media mail w/DC, and they should cover the cost of the return shipping out of your pocket. If you use their pre-paid return label, you'll be out $5 of the return.

They give you an option of how you want to return the item, their pre-paid shipping label or your shipping w/their reimbursement.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Shrike.

You da man.

[quote name='cagfansub']I think the combo deal at Amazon is over. Can't seems to find that page or link anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that was a preorder promo.

I wasn't going to Target today, so I sent my mom with all the coupons & info. From what I understand...

1) Up rang up $26.99, even though the sign said $19.99. Mom forgot she saw the sign.
2) Cashier thought she was trying to pricematch Up to $23.99, Best Buy's flyer's price.
3) Two cashiers & a manager couldn't figure out if they could pricematch, since their version of Up had the adventure journal.
4) Mom wanders back there, and sees the sign. Goes back and has to wait for someone to examine the sign.
5) Worker (or manager) gets back, says yes, that's what the sign says, but pulls the sign, saying it was an error and no more $19.99 Up.
6) Back to pricematching. Cashier pricematches $18.99 for Up instead of Monsters, Inc.
7) Final total was $20.14. $18.99 Up + $26.99 Monsters, Inc. - $28 coupons (extra $10 coupon on box denied) + tax.

Still about $10 a Blu-Ray, which is still cheap in my opinion. Like others have said, win some lose some. And Mom says she'll never do me a favor like this again.

I had the discs preordered on Amazon, but canceled. They still sent me a coupon for $10 off certain blu-rays for preordering Up, good until Nov. 30. Hope I can still use it if & when price of some of the discs drops.

The weird thing about PM at Target, they want you to bring them the whole AD sheets from Best Buy, not just that page that has UP and Monster INC on it. After looking at it, they give the entire AD sheets back wherelse PM at BestBuy would have kept it for their own record.

went to my local best buy and got shot down trying to use the coupons and getting my pre-sell. i got a refund for my pre-sell and decided to go to Target instead to try out the 4 coupon deal. Sure enough the 4 coupons worked had to get a filler item though. Went to customer service to get my price match. Sure enough they took it and ended up with 2 blu rays (Up and Monsters Inc) and a Mountain Dew for about 2 dollars. GREAT DEAL FOR ANYONE THAT CAN GET IT!

I think I am going to Craiglist or E-bay the 2 extra sets of "Up" and "Monsters Inc" that I have. One set is from Target that I got for $16.00 and the Amazon set I got for $26.00 and that price includes a copy of Sleeping Beauty. I want to end up keeping the copy of Sleeping Beauty from Amazon so if I can clear $14.00 to $16.00 per copy of "Up" and "Monsters Inc" it should end up being free.

Just took my $13.01 receipt from yesterday, and the $10 coupon from the front of Monsters, Inc back to Target today. The CSR scanned the receipt and the coupon and, sure enough, it took the additional $10 off, which they refunded to me in cash. So, $3.01 for both. Even sweeter!

My local target had Up for $19.99
I had them price match Best Buy for Monsters Inc for $18.99
I then had the $10 off target coupon
$8 off Monsters and
$10 off Up
then I also have a target employee discount.
My total was just under $10 for both.
Would have been nice if Monsters had the $10 coupon on the package others are talking about but overall I am Very satisfied.
This forum is awesome.

Had the $8 MI coupon, the $10 Up coupon, the $10 Target combo coupon and the MI peeler coupon and every Target in this market was sold out of Monster's.

Oh well. $10 for a brand new release is good enough.

Target stores had a limited number of Monster's Inc. Ever store I called got 3 or 4 copies. I think it was done on purpose though because of all the coupons out there.

Went to the Target by work this morning and they didn't have any MIs. The guy checked for me and the one by house had three. I got here and to my shock they did have MI but no Up! Tried to PM BB for $18.99 but got shot down. I asked to speak to a sup and after I told her that I had every intent to buy up; which their electronics staff was claiming came out next week. She apologized, laughed out of embarassment and agreed to give me the 18.99 price. I didn't push my luck with the coupons because I'm goin to the one by work tomorrow to have them adjust it all as a bundle since they have plenty of ups. Whew this is too much but worth it for the savings.

Phoenix, AZ, and the surrounding areas did not get MI. I went to one BB and they got dodgy and then said one coupon at a time, which they said was theirs for $10 off the bundle.

Took it to Fry's Electronics and they said they did not participate in these coupons.

Took it to another BB and forced the sale through for around $23. This means I played shadow games trying to ensure the cashier didn't go to a manager.

I will watch for Target to see if they end up getting their shipments of MI then return those to BB for all of my money back, but my wife was happy with $12 a blu ray.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Phoenix, AZ, and the surrounding areas did not get MI. I went to one BB and they got dodgy and then said one coupon at a time, which they said was theirs for $10 off the bundle.

Took it to Fry's Electronics and they said they did not participate in these coupons.

Took it to another BB and forced the sale through for around $23. This means I played shadow games trying to ensure the cashier didn't go to a manager.

I will watch for Target to see if they end up getting their shipments of MI then return those to BB for all of my money back, but my wife was happy with $12 a blu ray.[/QUOTE]

Ask them to scan the coupons to make sure they're not participating. Apparently, when it worked when it was scanned at another Fry's.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Just took my $13.01 receipt from yesterday, and the $10 coupon from the front of Monsters, Inc back to Target today. The CSR scanned the receipt and the coupon and, sure enough, it took the additional $10 off, which they refunded to me in cash. So, $3.01 for both. Even sweeter![/QUOTE]

hmm, sounds like a plan to me.

Snagged the Up and MI set for $13.01 Use $10 in gift cards from the Glade candle deals to make it $3.01 out of pocket.
Got a raincheck at one Target for Monsters Inc. Receipt shows it is 23% off, and I can get a similar item for 23% off if they don't have it. Ratatouloi and Walle were both on temp price reduction of $19.99 on Blu, so with 23% off, that's just $15.39. Hmmm

[quote name='chwang0129']for those who pre-ordered from amazon. if you have a hard time having them accept the coupons, try taking $5 off your order by mentioning their new promotion:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...slickdeals&ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000451521

The new promotion takes off an extra $5. I called in and have them take an extra $5 off[/QUOTE]
But the offer started today so those who pre-ordered the movies can't get the offer, right? I also read that it takes $7.50 off, not $5.

The Target where I work at had UP (Blue-Ray Edition) for $19.99! They had a ticket error, so every Blue Ray Version of UP would ring up as $19.99 instead of the advertised price of $26.99. I got a rain check printed up on that and I'm going to use the -$10 off coupon tomorrow along with %10 employee discount.

Acctually i work at target and they put a few bluray for 19.99 including Transformers 2 , wolverine and monster vs aliens. i got both movies for 19.13 but i missed the 10 up coupon dang, might get another up for 10 after coupon since we are out of monsters inc.

[quote name='moviewizguy']But the offer started today so those who pre-ordered the movies can't get the offer, right? I also read that it takes $7.50 off, not $5.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon']Order the Up Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and buy any other Pixar Blu-ray disc from our list and save $15 off your total purchase at checkout. To receive the $15 discount, enter the promo code UPBLURAY at checkout. Please note that this is offer can’t be combine with the PIXARBLU offer..[/QUOTE]

I called and they took credited my card $5, which is the difference in the promotion

Deal of the year?

What I don't get about Blu-rays is that it still takes two discs to hold what a regular 2-disk holds. Whats the deal with that?

[quote name='D_Icon']Deal of the year?

What I don't get about Blu-rays is that it still takes two discs to hold what a regular 2-disk holds. Whats the deal with that?[/QUOTE]

The larger discs are used to hold higher quality audio and video not more content

Blu-ray isn't some magical format that can fit everything under the sun onto one disc. The ratio of the video size compared to disc size is still the same. Also, in the case of Up, you're proven wrong again. There's a lot more special features on the blu-ray than the 2 disc dvd.

Just got back from the 1 target in my area that restocked MI this morning. Was there at store open and they only had 2 copies. Unfortunately the copies of MI didn't have the peelie, so I used the $10 Target, $10 UP and the $8 MI coupons and got the pair for about $22 after tax. Didn't bother PMing the Best Buy deal at purchase since it was such an issue to even find MI. Will probably grab the BB ad and get a price adjustment before Saturday.

Thanks OP for the coupon links!! This was an excellent deal.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, (Im in a rush and dont have time to read through all the pages of posts) but I just ordered "up", "Monsters Inc.", and "Cars" for $36.xx. Just put all three in your cart and use the code PIXARBLU. Use free shipping or amazon prime. If you want the items faster, just pay a little more for the regular shipping. Once again, sorry if this has already been posted.

Heres the link to amazon with these three ready to add to cart.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...slickdeals&ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000451521

btw: It looks like the "UP" 4 disk set that comes in this deal has both the Blu ray and the DVD..... as well as a digital copy.

As I mentioned before, I could not get deal #2 at BB for 2 different locations, and as I checked this morning - my Target STILL does not have any copies of Monsters Inc.

You would think that the day/week a new Blu-Ray is released the store would have more than 3 copies on Day 1.

And they STILL have not gotten more.

I might be out of luck for this deal completely.

What is the best way to cancel my order of up and monster inc at amazon?

I went to do the pricematch and use coupons at target and it almost work but they only accepted the target $10 coupon and the Up $10 coupon not the $8 monster inc coupon. Is it true they only could accept one coupon from store and one from manufacturer?

[quote name='ryosnk']What is the best way to cancel my order of up and monster inc at amazon?

I went to do the pricematch and use coupons at target and it almost work but they only accepted the target $10 coupon and the Up $10 coupon not the $8 monster inc coupon. Is it true they only could accept one coupon from store and one from manufacturer?[/QUOTE]

They definitely accept 1 Target and 1 manufacturer coupon PER ITEM. I would take the receipt back to the store with your $8 coupon and tell them that you want the coupon applied to Monsters Inc. They may do it at the customer service desk without question. If they tell you "no", show them a printed copy of this:
http://www.target.com/Coupon-Policy-Store-Merchandise-Information/b?ie=UTF8&node=2223357011

Most notable is:

• We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

Didn't get a chance to stop at Target yesterday because I had to work a little later than expected.

Will definitely be dropping in today though.

When I tried this deal at Target, their in store price was already cheaper than Best Buy's $10 off ad. So the pricematch was worthless. I wonder if maybe they had an automatic $10 discount at the register or something.

Anyway, I used the $10 coupon from Disney Rewards, and the $10 off from the Target coupon, and the $10 off coupon that was on the Monster's Inc packaging. They tried to give me the $8 off coupon from the other Disney Rewards link, but they said their register wouldn't take it because there were "too many" coupons. So $30 off the total and my price came out to $10.02 after tax.

I plan to try again, if they get more Monster's Inc in stock. I got the last copy at my Target.

Though, if the copies at Best Buy have that $10 coupon on the front, I could just use that instead of the $10 coupon for Target and get the same price. And maybe Best Buy's system wouldn't reject "too many" coupons.

[quote name='typical guy']They definitely accept 1 Target and 1 manufacturer coupon PER ITEM. I would take the receipt back to the store with your $8 coupon and tell them that you want the coupon applied to Monsters Inc. They may do it at the customer service desk without question. If they tell you "no", show them a printed copy of this:
http://www.target.com/Coupon-Policy-Store-Merchandise-Information/b?ie=UTF8&node=2223357011

Most notable is:

• We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.[/QUOTE]

The Disney Rewards coupons actually say that it's not valid with "other offers." So I take that to mean that you aren't supposed to stack them. I doubt that most people will read the fine print before accepting it, though.

[quote name='typical guy']They definitely accept 1 Target and 1 manufacturer coupon PER ITEM. I would take the receipt back to the store with your $8 coupon and tell them that you want the coupon applied to Monsters Inc. They may do it at the customer service desk without question. If they tell you "no", show them a printed copy of this:

Most notable is:

• We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.[/QUOTE]

I will try today, thanks for the info. When I tried doing it the other day the customer service person didn't even want to try and scan it and she even gave me a hard time accepting the Up and target coupon.

[quote name='dansoccerball']what did u say this is my 5th email[/QUOTE]I just linked them to the two coupon sites and asked if they'd honor it. Worked on first try.

[quote name='lawl']I just linked them to the two coupon sites and asked if they'd honor it. Worked on first try.[/QUOTE]

what section did u put it in refunds or promo codes?

Finally got the deal at target. Up is selling for $19.99 at the one by work so since I already had it PMed to BB from yesterday all of the coupons applied and I ended up getting two copies of each for $24 and change. Not bad at all :)

Argh! Does anyone have a scan of the $10 off up coupon? I've been having printer issues so it seems to think I already printed it the number of times allowed but I actually haven't gotten a single one. ;_;

Amazon rejected me twice, even when threatening to refuse delivery. If anyone has an exact copy of what they sent I would appreciate it.

[quote name='nekobi']Argh! Does anyone have a scan of the $10 off up coupon? I've been having printer issues so it seems to think I already printed it the number of times allowed but I actually haven't gotten a single one. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Scans don't work for the coupons.com coupons.

Each coupon has an individual bar code that is scanned by the POS.

bread's done
Back